Shelly's Designs Florist Reviews

Shelly's Designs Florist 4
Shelly's Designs Florist 5
Shelly's Designs Florist 6
Shelly's Designs Florist 7

Shelly was really easy to work with & very accommodating. Since we don't live in the area we did a lot of our planning by email. Shelly replied promptly & was very helpful. We did meet with her a few times while in town to go over details. It was nice to look at what flowers were available & make decisions in person.

Shelly was able to help us customize our wedding & make it our own by using vintage bottles (which we provided) to hold the centerpiece flowers in, she added accents of pink yarn to the bouquets & boutonnieres and she used the flowers & colors we requested. The flowers were fun, unusual & artistically arranged which pulled together the look we wanted to achieve.

Sent on 11/29/2013

shirlene · event on 10/14/2013

Shelly is awesome! The floral arrangements she did for us were not for a wedding but for a corporate event. Since I don't see an option to review her as a corporate client I want to make sure that people know how good she is. I did find her on Wedding Wire however and it was the best thing I could have done. Shelly is a perfectionist and is so talented! She listened to my ideas and then worked her magical talent! We were using an African theme and she came up with great ideas to use African and tropical type flowers and greens with bamboo and it was just so beautiful and unique. I wanted it to be unique and she came through. I received so many comments on the beautiful flowers. I highly recommend Shelly for any event! She was also very flexible and responsive to my needs because at the very last minute a table was added and three hours before the event I had to let her know we needed an extra arrangement. She went back to her supplier to get flowers for it and it was just perfect! She and her husband set up and picked it back up right at the time she said they would.

Sent on 10/16/2013

Didi · Married on 08/16/2008

Shelly is amazing! I am the Mother-of-the-Bride and Shelly saved me countless hours searching for table centerpeices, chair coverings, flowers, and invitations. It was one-stop shopping and it was great!! Shelly made my daughter and I feel very comfortable and listened to what we had in mind, gave advice, but was never pushy. In fact, she encouraged us to look around at other vendors! We already had done that, but when I found out that we could get everything we were looking for from Shelly, we were sold! I would highly recommend Shelly's Designs...her work is beautiful and she gave us complete peace of mind -and that's a great thing to have when planning a wedding!!

Sent on 09/16/2008

Sarah · Married on 08/15/2008

Shelly was terrific! We were caught in the Andicott closing and Shelly allowed an appointment within hours of finding her. We were 3 weeks out from our wedding and Shelly made sure that we had no added stress to our situation. By the end of the appointment we had a great feeling that our wedding flowers would be better then what we had planned with Andicott. Shelly also has on-site refrigeration so we didn't have to worry whether our flowers would be at their freshest or if her business could suddenly shut down. She was on time for delivery and set up. The presentation was unbelievably beautiful. We will be recommending her to everyone for any floral needs.

Sent on 09/08/2008

Lauren · Married on 08/28/2010

You did a great job, I would definitely reccomend you to my friends! I really wish I'd been talked into larger centerpieces because they looked very small on the 10 person tables.

Sent on 10/29/2010

susan · Married on 07/01/2009

I looked at a few florists for my wedding, but after meeting Shelly and seeing what she offered, I would not even consider anyone else. Shelly has more pictures than you can count to show the different flowers available. The pictures of her past wedding flowers don't even do justice. The flowers were extremely fresh, the colors were so bright and bold. The flowers were mentioned by so many people at the wedding and since then. I would definitely recommend her for any bride to be. The price I paid for my flowers was way below what you would expect after seeing the quality of them.

Sent on 07/08/2009

Lynne · Married on 08/16/2008

Shelly did great with every aspect of the wedding she was involved in. We found invitations that we loved at a pricey shop and then found out we could get the exact same ones from her for much cheaper. She took care of all our centerpieces, petals for the guests to toss, pillars and decorations at the church and all of the other floral arrangements. The flowers were exactly what I had discussed with her and I got so many compliments on them. She made everything so easy, I didn't have to do a thing! She delivered everything, set up center pieces and picked everything up when it was all over. Very highly recommend!

Sent on 09/07/2008

Julie · Married on 09/11/2010

Shelly is an artist! We came to her knowing very few things about flowers... she guided us and even gave us other ideas for the reception decorations. A friend used similar flowers for her wedding and they didn't turn out as wonderful as Shelly made ours look! She is extremely flexible... she was great about using vases I already had! The best way to contact her is by phone since she is a busy lady! If you want beautiful flowers from a very creative person... visit Shelly! :)

Sent on 09/29/2010

Stacy · Married on 07/25/2009

All I can say is Shelly did such a wonderful job with my flowers for the wedding. I would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 12/18/2009

Jessica · Married on 09/27/2008

Shelly's work is amazing!! We just loved our flowers and received rave reviews from our guests...She does not always come across as the most organized person, but trust me, her work speaks for itself!!

Sent on 10/13/2008

Sandra · Married on 04/26/2008

Shelly met with me a couple of times before my wedding. She looked at pictures of bouquets that I liked and priced those out for me. She was able to lower her price on boutineers in order to work within my budget. Although I splurged on a unity candle arrangement so I went over budget in the end. The flowers looked AMAZING in pictures!! The only downfall is that the white roses with hot pink tips ended up being white roses with light pink tips. Also the boutineers were a little wilted by the end of the night. I live out of her area, so the delivery cost was kindof steep (almost double what it cost to have my 4 tier cake delivered and assembled) but in the end I'm glad we paid for it because it would have been hard to go so far away the day of the wedding. Shelly was great and I would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 09/07/2008

GINA ARTALE · Getting married on 10/10/2020

i knew nothing about flowers

she was recommended every time i asked for a good florist- pricing is fair

Sent on 02/20/2019

Erica · Married on 02/25/2012

Our flowers and decor were beautiful. Shelly's does beautiful work, and she has a true passion for what she does. It was a bit overwhelming with all the options available, but it all came together wonderfully.

Sent on 03/27/2012
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 09/16/2011

I'm so glad I found Shelly's Designs! From our first meet and greet, I knew I wanted to work with Shelly. She was professional, had great ideas and clearly carried with her years and years of experience. She provided fresh flowers for my bouquet, artificial arrangements for the front of the church, and set up all our centerpieces at the reception. I walked in without a clear picture of what I wanted, and Shelly helped me shape a beautiful day. I would highly recommend her to my friends and family!

Sent on 11/13/2011
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 10/16/2010

Did a good job on the flowers.

Sent on 11/11/2010

marcie · Married on 07/25/2009

3.5

shelly was very helpful for a bride who didn't know what she wanted

Sent on 08/01/2009

Ashly · Married on 08/04/2012

My flowers were absolutely beautiful! The reception flowers were beautiful! Shelly listens to you and designs the flowers of your dreams! Also she can stay within any budget!

Sent on 09/08/2012

Kira · Married on 03/29/2008

4.2

We had a great experience with Shelly. We choose her after the great experience my sister-in-law had with her 5 years ago. The only suggestion I have is to be VERY specific as to what flowers and greenery you want. I appreciated that she gave us a break on a few flowers after she found out they would be more expensive because they would not be in season by the time of the wedding (these flowers normally are and she knew how much I loved them).

Sent on 12/09/2008
  • Analise

Analise · Married on 06/16/2018

4.2

I met with Shelly twice to go over my vision and feel for my ceremony and reception. She had such great ideas about how to incorporate everything I wanted into the floral designs and I LOVED how everything turned out. The flowers were a major part of my wedding decor, and they looked fantastic.

Sent on 07/09/2018

Stacey · Married on 06/07/2008

3.0

I booked with Shelly because my photographer highly recommended her. I must say the price was right.. so I cant complain to much. The flowers were very nice and I don't feel like I got ripped off or anything just was a little disappointing. I met with Shelly and we discussed the flowers I wanted which was white roses with red tips, two weeks before my wedding she called and told me that she could not even get white roses with red tips and she needed to know what I wanted because she had to get them ordered. I was kinda confused because we had already paid her, and now she couldnt get them. So anyways I chose to go with white and red roses which was fine not the end of the world or anything. But the odd thing was she acted like I did something wrong. And then she talked about putting jewels in my bouquet and I said that would be great, but then she got snotty about it saying they usually charge more for those but she wasn't going to charge me. Just weird. In the end the flowers were very nice, but I dont think we were ever on the same page. Example: I wanted my bouquet wrapped with white ribbon all the way to the bottom, and I got red ribbon wrapped just where my hand went. Again nothing major just not on the same page.

Sent on 01/09/2010

Lauren · Married on 04/12/2008

3.8
      3.0

I was thrilled with the work that Shelly did with my wedding flowers. Her quote and final price were thousands of dollars cheaper than other florists I had interviewed and in the end I got exactly what I wanted, which might have been doubtful if I went with another of those places. My only concern for a while was the fact that I had a strong point of view when it came to what I wanted and it took a little effort to make sure Shelly and I ended up on the same page. We did though and everyone is still talking about my flowers!

Sent on 09/02/2008