Shelly's Designs Florist Reviews

Shelly's Designs Florist 3
Shelly's Designs Florist 4
Shelly's Designs Florist 5

Hannah · Married on 02/26/2011

My husband and I loved Shelly's design and presentation of the flowers and decorations at our wedding venue. I especially liked the fact that she gave us an extra Boutonnière for my husband to refresh before pictures and the reception. She definitely has a passion and talent with her work. Her pricing was just right for our budget. She was not as pricey as those large scale shops can be with all of the overhead that they have. She added in some extra WOW factors to the bridesmaids and my bouquet that added extra sparkle on our wintery wedding day. She also gave me some great pricing on the tulle and lighting above the dance floor. It looked great and it highlighted our dance floor and cake table. I wish that I had another use for her great floral designs regularly! I would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 03/04/2013

Meredith · Married on 10/09/2010

It is so rare when the finished product matches or exceeds your vision/dream. Shelly did this with the amazing flowers she put together for my wedding. Shelly was easy to work with and the finished product was exactly what I wanted. Her prices were very reasonable. Our bouquets looked very high-end and edgy. They were precisely the vision I had in my mind. I would absolutely reccomend her!

Sent on 10/28/2010
  • F

Lianna · Married on 10/08/2010

Shelly was wonderful to work with! She had tons of great ideas, not only for flowers but also for decorations and other parts of the wedding. She has tons & tons of books of past work she has done to give you options to choose from and she is very flexible in her schedule and with any changes that need to be made. She was a pleasure to work with and I would recommend her to anyone! You definitely get your moneys worth

Sent on 10/29/2010

Rebekah · Married on 09/25/2010

Shelly did a beautiful job on the flowers for our wedding. Everyone loved them and they just lit up the church and the reception. I would definitely recommend that you use Shelly for your wedding or for any event!

Sent on 11/05/2010

Kathryn · Married on 09/18/2010

Shelly is amazing with flowers! I was recommended to her by three different brides that used her and I didn't realize it was the same person until I saw her work. She is honest, very educated with flowers and can do anything you want! When I saw my flowers, I was stunned at how dead-on she had them look to what I explained! They were so beautiful and I loved them! My centerpieces were just how I wanted them also and they lived for two+ weeks even after my wedding. So amazing!

Sent on 10/18/2010

emily · Married on 09/11/2010

Shelly was extremely knowledgeable and was able to give me high quality arrangements for a great price. She worked very hard to give me the look that I wanted for a budget that I wanted to stay with in. I have already highly recommended her to all my friends and family. Also on the plus side my arrangements stayed looking beautiful up to a month after my wedding!

Sent on 12/10/2010

pat · Married on 08/28/2010

Shelly's Design Florist service in Grand Rapids was great to work with. Shelly met with us and worked with us on what our budget was for my daughters wedding. The flowers were just what my daughter wanted. Shelly is very familiar with the different churches and reception sites so knows what you need. She took care of all the details and deliveries and contacted everyone at the locations so we didn't have to do anything. She was very professional and personable and did a great job for us. I would highly recommend her services.

Sent on 10/31/2010

Ashley · Married on 08/21/2010

Shelly is amazing at what she does! She is so helpful and has wonderful ideas if you are not sure what you want for your event. Her work is fabulous and she has lots of great experience over the years!

Sent on 11/09/2010

Stephen · Married on 08/14/2010

Shelly did a great job with our flowers (green and white hydrangeas). Everything looked beautiful and was obviously very fresh. She did a great job getting both the church and reception set up before guests arrived and with a great attention to detail. Her prices were very reasonable and she had come very highly recommended by a number of our friends.

Sent on 09/21/2010

Stephanie · Married on 08/14/2010

If it was possible to give Shelly more than 5 out of 5 I would- she is EXCELLENT! Not only is she professional and keeps in contact with you in a very regular basis, but her ideas are great. She made everything perfect and after meeting with her twice to make final decisions, I never once had one worry about the flowers and centerpieces. I can honestly say she is the best person we worked with for our wedding, hands down.

Sent on 10/29/2010

Raeanne · Married on 07/10/2010

Our flowers were absolutely AMAZING. From our arbor for our outdoor ceremony, to the bouquets, and all of the boutonniere they turned out just as I had envisioned. I'll never forget the moment that they arrived I was speechless. Shelly did an GREAT job...we will be forever grateful as we look back at out beautiful pictures for years to come.

Sent on 11/02/2010

tracy · Married on 04/24/2010

Shelly rocks..... My flowers were absolutely amazing... i cannot say enough about the quality and the service i received....... I was very particular on the vision I had and shelly over exceeded my expectations.. I would recommend her to anyone....

Sent on 06/02/2010

Stacy · Married on 11/21/2009

Shelly was great to work with! I changed my mind several times regarding the colors I wanted for my wedding, and she was very flexible and easy to work with! She has great ideas. I received several comments on the both the flowers and invitations I ordered from Shelly.

Sent on 01/19/2010

Adam · Married on 10/24/2009

Knowing what we know now, we would encourage you to not even consider another florist for your wedding....Actually that was the word of mouth referral we received prior to our wedding and after sitting down with Shelly we didn't talk to anyone else. Very professional, lots of options, easy to work with and her arrangements were gorgeous. Just hurry up because she gets booked quickly. Thanks for all your help Shelly.

Cheryl · Married on 10/24/2009

Shelly has very good taste in floral decor and is extremely experienced!

Sent on 01/19/2010

Andrea · Married on 10/17/2009

Shelly is a great person to work with because of her years of experience, creativity, and wonderful personality. The flowers at my wedding were absolutely gorgeous and she arranged the color theme very well with my bridesmaids dresses. I received so many compliments from the guests that I would highly recommend her work.

Sent on 04/25/2010

Danielle · Married on 09/26/2009

Shelly was great to work with! Our flowers were so beautiful. She went above and beyond my expectations.

Sent on 01/17/2010

Sarah · Married on 09/26/2009

Shelly was so wonderful to work with, from our first consultation until the actual wedding day. Her prices are incredibly competitive, she is professional and always felt available. She offered ideas while listening to my vision, which she brought to life. Shelly is incredibly talented and I would recommend her to any bride! My husband and I were so pleased with how beautifully everything turned out!

Amanda · Married on 09/12/2009

The arrangements Shelly did for my wedding were absolutly amazing. I was 100% satisfied with the product that she delivered. She had great ideas and made sure i got exactly what i wanted while staying inside my budget.

Sent on 05/18/2010

Katie · Married on 08/01/2009

Everything was perfect. She gave me plenty of time to figure out the invitations on my own. I could borrow her books for short periods of time so I could go over them with my husband and family.

The flowers were wonderful. They looked classy, and she gave me excellent tips and information as I needed it along the way.

I also had a wedding planner. Shelly worked well with Mary and I basically had nothing to worry about the entire time.

My favorite thing was the work that she did. I got so many compliments on my flowers. Every time I look at my pictures, I'm satisfied with the great job that she did.

I would recommend her to even the toughest critic!

Sent on 02/22/2010

maria · Married on 07/31/2009

Wow!!! Shelly was so accomodating for Liz and I! We were interviewing florists , many of whom would not make accomodations for appointments in Grand Rapids (where we do not live!) that fit our work schedules. We called Shelly, and were able to meet her in short order the same day, at her home studio. Availability, affability and affordability...that's Shelly! (along with a good dose of creative genius :))

Sent on 02/10/2010

Shelly's designs did a wonderful job on our flowers for our wedding. She created just what I was thinking of and everything was gorgeous!

Sent on 01/23/2015

kim · Married on 06/12/2009

We were extremely pleased with the service that Shelly provided for us. She took the time to listen to what we were thinking and then came through with exactly what we were looking for. The bouquets were absolutely gorgeous,and she put the finishing touches on our table arrangements and our decor. We would highly recommend Shelly. She really is full of energy and excitement!

Sent on 06/15/2009

Trisha · Married on 06/06/2009

Shelly is AMAZING! I wanted a color combination that is not used much- red, purple, yellow- and I couldn't find any pictures of what I was envisioning in my head. Through meeting with Shelly, I knew that she would bring my visions to life! My flowers were GORGEOUS! Thats usually the first thing people comment on in my wedding pictures:) She has great attention for detail- all of our flowers were fresh, bloomed to just the right size, and lasted beyond the wedding night.

Sent on 08/11/2009

Anne · Married on 06/06/2009

Shelly is so talented! She was a complete joy to work with. She totally understood my vision and had great suggestions to create something beautiful, unique, and within my price range.