Shelly's Designs Florist Reviews

Shelly's Designs Florist 3
Shelly's Designs Florist 4
Shelly's Designs Florist 5

Jessica · Married on 09/15/2013

Shelly is the BEST wedding florist! I live in Chicago and was married in Grand Rapids. I had one in-person visit with Shelly and I felt she listened and understood exactly what I wanted from that one visit. Leading up to the day, I spoke with Shelly on the phone and we exchanged a few emails. Shelly was always very professional and quick to respond. On the day of, I was so happy to see everything Shelly pulled together! Also, Shelly has the most gorgeous rental pieces to go with the flowers! She has them displayed in her office so you are able to see the actual pieces instead of just looking at pictures. I recommend Shelly to anyone who wants a hardworking, creative, professional vendor!

Sent on 11/11/2013

Andree · Married on 08/17/2013

Shelly's floral arrangements were beautiful for my daughter's wedding. This was a challenge for Shelly considering my daughter lives in Seattle and was married in Grand Rapids. But, Shelly is a good listener so she had the color and arrangements perfect for the outdoor ceremony, tables, cake and bouquets. The wedding was at the Grand Rapids Public Museum which has tight time schedule for set up and take down. Shelly worked very efficiently and professionally with the schedule allowing the bride and families to enjoy the wedding. There was a last minute need for roses for a rose ceremony which Shelly supplied. I highly recommend Shelly and plan to use her again when the need arises.

Sent on 09/12/2013

I was thrilled with my flowers at my wedding. Shelly not only created EXACTLY what I envisioned--she went above and beyond & gave me the most beautiful arrangements and bouquets I have ever seen. I was pleased with the price b/c she truly sits down with you and figures out a way to give you what you are looking for with the budget you have. Flowers have always been the most important vendor to me for my wedding day and she did not disappoint! My fiance and I even lived across the state from her and that was never a problem in terms of getting together when we were in town or planning via e-mail. Thank you SO much Shelly!!

Sent on 07/27/2013
  • W

Whitney · Married on 06/22/2013

Shelly is amazing! She really helped my vision come true. Her arrangements were above and beyond my expectations and she was a pleasure to work with. She really understood what I wanted and her flowers, I felt, were the crowning glory of our wedding. I would work with her again in a heartbeat and in my opinion she is the best florist in the GR area.

Sent on 09/14/2013

The bouquets and arrangements were absolutely stunning! Shelley was a dream to work with. We gave her our colors and some general ideas and she took it from there. Shelley truly has a passion for what she does and it shows in her craftsmanship!

Sent on 06/30/2013

Shelly was amazing! She was a pleasure to work with and knew exactly what I wanted! She was able to recommend ideas that I hadn't ever thought of. I received more compliments on the flowers than anything else on the wedding day. They were beautiful, fresh, vibrant and some of the guests flowers lasted almost two weeks after the wedding! I couldn't have asked for anything more and would highly recommend her to anyone I know!

Sent on 08/22/2013

Kristen · Married on 05/11/2013

Shelly was the best florist in town. She by far made our wedding day special. We had no problems or complaints!

Sent on 07/02/2013

Shelly designed the flowers for my sisters wedding.... they were just what she wanted and the bouquet what full, beautiful and fresh!
    Shelly was very responsive to our questions, and flexible with my sisters work schedule where we ware able to meet early in the morning..
    Thanks Shelly for making my sister look beautiful with the flowers you designed...

Sent on 04/29/2013

Sarah · Married on 04/27/2013

Shelly did all of our centerpieces and flowers. She is truly amazing. She does an amazing job and it is better than what you could ever imagine. Not to mention the prices were very resonable for her work!

Sent on 05/22/2013

Brittney · Married on 04/27/2013

I had the most beautiful flowers!!!

Sent on 05/27/2013

Ashley · Married on 03/30/2013

I don't have enough words to say how amazing of a job she did on our centerpieces and my bouquet! She exceeded my expectations and her prices were better than anyone I looked at. I wanted big centerpieces and instead I got huge. The quality of the roses along with the other flower choices were super fresh. We split them into vases afterwards and they lasted almost two weeks. If anyone is hesitant to use Shelly, don't be.She is the best and will turn your floral dreams into reality without breaking the bank!

Sent on 08/07/2013
  • Allison

Allison · Married on 10/20/2012

I met with Shelly once and showed her pictures of what I wanted and the first time I saw her creation was on my wedding day. They far exceeded my expectations! I found she had the best prices in Grand Rapids for my wants and she was so easy to contact via email! She even accommodated me adding onto my flower order a little while after our consultation. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Shelly to everyone I know!

Sent on 10/31/2012

Kristen · Married on 09/15/2012

Shelly was great to work with. She provided a variety of ideas and suggestions for my bouquets and arrangements for the wedding. She was more than helpful on what might look better together than others. She also stuck within our budget on what to spend for flowers.
    Shelly provided tons of options for decorations and also table centerpieces. Never pushed anythign on us but made sure we had a lot of options to choose what was best for us.
    When my flowers arrived on the wedding day, they were gorgeous, better than I could have pictured them to be. I was very happy I chose her and the service she provided.

Sent on 12/14/2012

Shelly has been doing this for a long time and you can tell, she really knows her stuff and runs her company accordingly. She works with you to create your vision for your bouquet, reception and ceremony flowers. I was wowed when I saw the final product. She will meet with you and go over every detail until you are satisfied. She delivered the flowers on time and had all the center pieces arranged beautifully. I couldn't have asked for a more experienced, personable, and fun florist! Thank you Shelly!!

Sent on 12/01/2012

Michelle · Married on 08/18/2012

Shelly was AMAZING to work with and provided flowers that were beyond anything I could have ever imagined. Trust her years of experience and you won't be disappointed!!

Sent on 03/04/2013
  • U

unhappy · Married on 06/16/2012

Shelly was GREAT to work with. When she brought in my flowers the day of, it brought me to tears! They were perfect and exactly what I wanted! She was amazing!!!

Sent on 07/17/2012

Shelly did the flowers for our wedding this past weekend and they looked amazing. Our bouquets were beautiful and the centerpieces were exactly what we have envisioned! Everything held up beautifully and looked absolutely perfect. I don't think we could have asked for anything better, and we wouldn't have changed a thing.

Due to issues with another florist, we switched to Shelly at a somewhat "last-minute" timeline. She seemed to know exactly what we were looking for in the feel of the flowers, and she nailed it right on the head, and at a very reasonable price. We highly recommend her!!!

Sent on 06/11/2012
  • User2044219 · 2+ years ago

It is very difficlut for me to find the perfect florist. I interview several, they are either too expensive or just does not seem to get their act together. Shelly had a detail list of showing me what I'll get. We also met several times as things get going. Ideas changed a littke and she is just super flexible and she knows her stuff which I appreciate. I just give her a few key ideas and images I like and let her do the rest! I recommend giving your floist some room for creativity and be flexible and think about replacement flowers if the weather is crazy like this year. The flowers were so pretty!! More than I ever expected. It has my cross in it and made it very personal. She even thought of an extra boutonniere for my husband for his "after hugs". And the momeral flower for my husband's mom at the gift table, he and his family were just so touched by it. Everythign went smoothly. My sister picked up the flowers and transported them with Shelly's instruction, everything turned out great!

Sent on 06/13/2012

Kathy · Married on 06/02/2012

Love love love Shelly! Her designs are beautiful. She did both of my daughters weddings and they were beautiful. I highly recomemend her to everyone. We got soo many compliments on the flowers. She is great!

Sent on 06/06/2012

Madeline · Married on 05/12/2012

Shelly did a wonderful job on the flowers for our wedding! We got so many compliments on how big and beautiful the bouquets were! She is incredibly talented, and has a very special eye for putting together flowers. When I met her, I did not know I thing about any type of flower, but she spent time listening to what I wanted and suggested flowers to my meet my needs. When I got the flowers the day of my wedding, I was so impressed (they were honestly the most beautiful bouquets I'd ever seen)!!!

Sent on 05/16/2012

Cheryl · Married on 03/31/2012

Very beautiful flowers and arrangements. There is no one better to provide flowers for your wedding - reasonable pricing and beautiful arrangements. Thank you Shelly.

Sent on 04/10/2012
  • W

Erin · Married on 09/10/2011

Shelly was AMAZING! She took time to meet with me several times to help me identify the look I wanted for my big day - even though that vision of my big day changed several times over the course of the planning. The flowers were gorgeous - I am so thrilled with the way they turned out - I am very happy that I went with Shelly!

Sent on 10/31/2011

Lauren · Married on 06/25/2011

AMAZING WORK!! I probably visited Shelly 4-5 times to make arrangements and change them - but everything turned out PERFECT! I have been told so many times that my wedding was the most beautiful anyone had ever been to. Shelly's work is not the only amazing part of her service, but her prices are HALF of what a commercial florist would charge.
    The centerpieces, bouquets, and extra touches she put into my wedding made my day so memorable. The no-worry of her setup and tear-down was worth a million bucks. Thanks again Shelly!

Sent on 07/12/2011

Barb · Married on 06/18/2011

I can't say enough in praise of Shelly's Designs for the work she did for my daughter's wedding. The invitations were beautiful and fairly priced. Shelly was patient and knowledgable as she helped us with our ideas, then delivered beautiful, fresh, fantastic flowers for the wedding day.
    Shelly's communication is also great. Phone calls and emails were always answered promptly. I just hope she is available for my next daughter's upcoming wedding.

Sent on 06/27/2011

Connie · Married on 06/04/2011

Shelly did such a great job with our flowers. She did our bouquets, boutonnieres, corsages, and centerpiece flowers. She was very accomodating to my requests and everything turned out beautifully. Everyone loved them! Her pricing was great and fit right into our budget. I couldn't be happier! Thanks again Shelly!

Sent on 06/20/2011