Shear Hotness, Makeup and Hair Reviews

91 | Dayton, OH

91 Reviews for Shear Hotness, Makeup and Hair

Michelle · Married on 07/25/2015

Ebony was absolutely AMAZING!! I contacted her a month before my wedding which was kind of a late notice but she was able to help me out. Very professional and was on time. I could not believe the transformation after seeing the before and after pics. Absolutely loved my makeup and I didn't even have a trial run and my makeup was flawless. Had so many compliments from people and would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 09/09/2015

Stacey · Married on 07/18/2015

So absolutely thrilled with the job done by Ebony from ShearHottness!! I have never felt more beautiful and she was a joy to work with.

Sent on 09/16/2015
  • Jennie

Jennie · Married on 06/27/2015

Carly at Shear Hotness did a wonderful job doing my make up, my maid of honor's make up, as well as my mother's make up and hair for my wedding. She came onto location and did a fantastic job listening to our needs for our make up and making our visions come true. The owner of the business, Ebony, was also incredible to work with. She quickly responded to all of my correspondences, and always did so with wonderful customer service. I constantly felt like a priority and that I deserved the absolute best on my wedding day. Carly kept me updated on her time of arrival the day of, and went above and beyond to make sure we all felt beautiful for the day. I would absolutely suggest this vendor to others looking for incredible, high-quality makeup, on location and for a reasonable price.

Sent on 07/13/2015

Angela · Married on 06/27/2015

Ebony did my makeup for my wedding day and she was incredible! She made me look beautiful for my big day! She is so friendly, fun to be around, professional, and talented. She was willing to make any adjustments so the makeup looked how I wanted. My makeup was just what I wanted, not way over the top, just made me look so pretty!!! I loved my lashes and my skin looked great in all the pictures.
    I'm so thankful I met Ebony and that she did my makeup. It was a huge relief after the trial to know whatever my skin decided to do before the wedding day, she was going to make me look beautiful the day of! It was so nice to have one less thing to worry about, knowing it was in her hands.
    I cried in my makeup, it rained, we had outdoor pictures... and my makeup lasted all day. My lipstick came off a bit, but otherwise everything lasted from the morning to the night through it all, so I could just enjoy the day! She was such a nice relaxed presence too throughout all the craziness of the morning as everyone got ready! Ebony will make you look and feel amazing, I highly recommend her! Thank you, Ebony!!

Sent on 07/14/2015

Morgan · Married on 06/27/2015

Ashley from Shear Hotness did our hair for my wedding reception and she did an AMAZING job! She is super talented and a wonderful person to be around. I thank Shear Hotness for helping me out of a jam when our original hairstylist was unable to do follow through. I recommend Ashley & Shear Hotness to EVERYONE!

Sent on 07/27/2015
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 06/06/2015

Ebony was great and really alleviated some concerns I had after two awful hair trials I had with other companies. She was able to arrange a trial for me with limited notice, as I was an out-of-town bride and was only in town for a few days. I was amazed by her professionalism and her team's work both at the trial and on the big day. I had Tara for hair and Sam for makeup and they both gave me exactly what I asked for! My bridesmaids' hair and makeup also turned out beautifully. Don't hesitate to book them!

Sent on 09/26/2016

Abigail · Married on 05/09/2015

Five stars does not do Shear Hotness justice! I looked for months at several different makeup and hair services, and was finally referred to Ebony (owner) through a mutual friend, and it was by far the best decision. I showed Ebony what I wanted and she put together a team to make it all possible. She was friendly, professional and organized. I was provided a timeline of the day several months out, which made scheduling the photographer and videographer arrival times so much easier. Shear hotness consists of such talented and gifted people, I felt and looked so beautiful all day. I cannot thank them enough!

Sent on 05/26/2015
  • Cheshire Cat Bride

Sara · Married on 11/08/2014

Ebony was amazing to work with! She was able to step in at (what I consider) the last minute almost to do my hair and make-up. She was on time, listened to what I wanted and as she worked she was okay with adjusting things that didn't look like it was working the way I/she wanted it. My hair and make-up looked great for the entire ceremony and reception. She even left me with a little bit of lipstick to touch up with after the ceremony for the pictures.

I felt beautiful and most of all I felt comfortable. I didn't feel like I had too much on or that I couldn't do anything for fear of ruining the make-up. I would be happy to hire her again for other events I would want to look amazing at.

Sent on 11/22/2014

Rolanda · Married on 11/01/2014

Ebony was totally gracious. She came to me at the church where the wedding would take place. She finished my make-up in a timely efficiently manner. While she was doing my make-up all of friends were in awwww. They loved how she was transforming me to a Hollywood Superstar.This was my Best friend's wedding. I was the matron of honor. I would recommend any and everyone to use her for whatever service they need. I know first hand in make-up she excels. I loved my look and didn't want to remove my make-up that night.

Sent on 11/26/2014

I've never been a girl who has worn a ton of make up. But for my wedding day I wanted it to be special and feel gorgeous. THAT is what she did!!! I was worried about not looking like myself or a clown, but it was so perfect. I felt like a star! I wish she could do my make up everyday! We did both looks, natural and more dramatic and she nailed both of them. I went for the more dramatic and fell in love. Ebony has such a sweet soul, so down to earth and real. She just has the best attitude. Totally recommend her for any event where you need your make up done professionally!

Sent on 09/24/2014

Kara · Married on 08/15/2014

Where do I even begin? Ebony was referred to me by a mutual friend who had participated at a few of the weddings - that Ebony did the makeup for. She said " Kara, trust me you cant go wrong with Ebony."

I am so glad I did. She is the sweetest most and most understanding contractor I have worked with all season. She was not my first test run of makeup trials. But, I stopped looking once I had my trial with Ebony. Her personality and love of what she does really showed in the makeup she did for me. I felt like a million bucks and that was just after my trial. I couldn't imagine how I would feel after the makeup for my actual wedding day.
    But honestly, she made it so extremely easy and relaxing. The whole process was AMAZING. She came to me , and truly listened to to me about the whole look I was wanting and created it on my face. She didn't just do the makeup in her style . She made every decision on color , shade, etc based on me. It couldn't have been more perfect. She came to the hotel on wedding day and did the makeup on the mothers, bridesmaids and myself. Not one time did she seem rushed or flustered. She was so patient with all of us and truly had fun with my girls. We looked so amazing. I truly felt gorgeous! I want to personally carry her around in my purse and have her do my makeup daily . Ebony I cant thank you enough for your makeup and overall personality. I felt amazing !!!
    It was truly my pleasure having you be a part of my special day.
    Kara

Sent on 08/29/2014

Samantha · Married on 08/09/2014

Ebony did my make-up, my mom's make-up, and my mother-in-law's make-up for my wedding on August 9th, 2014. I loved the whole look especially the lashes and the airbrush make-up. I felt so beautiful and both my mom and mother-in-law did too. We are so happy we hired her for our event.

Sent on 08/23/2014

Cara · Married on 07/26/2014

I am so beyond glad I choose Shear Hotness for my wedding day makeup :) The very first time I met Ebony, we instantly clicked! It was the day of my first bridal shower and we decided to do a trial that day...how perfect! As soon as I sat down in the chair, I felt like I had known Ebony for years and we had only just met! That's how comfortable and laid back she was :) Not only is she an amazing person inside and out and one fantastic momma, she is a true artist. She made me look absolutely beautiful that day AND even more beautiful on my wedding day!!!! She also is a huss!!!! And I mean this in a very good way, she did all of my bridesmaids makeup (8 girls), plus my mother and mother-in-laws makeup and mine on the day of my wedding and everyone one of us looked flawless!!!! All in all I highly, highly recommend Ebony Newcomb :) she will not let you down!! LOVE YOU GIRLY :) XOXO

Sent on 08/26/2014

Beth · Married on 06/14/2014

It was just days before my wedding and I still had no idea who was going to do my make-up for one of the most special events of my life! I am so thankful to have found Ebony through a mutual friend! Ebony made me look amazing and feel like a super model! She has an artistic eye for each of her client’s as an individual. I left Ebony feeling refreshed and confident in my make-up and as a bride! Thank you, Ebony!

Sent on 10/08/2014

Ebony did an amazing job on my makeup for my wedding. I felt beautiful the entire day. My makeup lasted through pictures, the ceremony, more pictures, and dancing! In addition to looking glamorous, we had a fun morning with Ebony as she did my mom’s and my makeup. She was very professional and easy to get along with. I have already referred her to my friends who have recently gotten engaged. Thank you, Ebony.

Sent on 08/27/2014

Rebecca · Married on 02/01/2014

Ebony with Shear Hottness LLC. Made me feel absolutely beautiful on my wedding day! A few weeks prior we did a full run though of the look and she answered all of my questions and concerns and gave me the most beautifuly tailored experience. She complimented "Me" perfectly, I looked like myself in the most flawless and beautiful way! I have recommended Ebony to EVERYONE I come in contact with. She even did makeup on my 80yr old grandmother and it was perfect! If you want to feel and look your best on your big day, use Ebony!

Sent on 10/03/2014

Kameron · Married on 09/29/2013

Ebony is absolutely incredible. She was my MUA for our wedding last year and gave me the exact look I had asked for. Her attention to detail and pride in her work is evident in her practice. I even had her do my makeup for a formal event a few months later. I wish I could give her a higher rating on here!

Sent on 08/21/2014

Hannah · Married on 09/20/2013

Ebony did a great job on my wedding makeup! We were rushed for time but she handled it so well and finished myself, mom, grandma and one bridesmaid with enough time to spare. I received so many compliments on my makeup and my pictures turned out amazing! She does a great job with incorporating the look and colors you want for yourself but also uses her expertise to make sure it fits you well. I would definitely recommend the trial because we were able to go through different shades and lashes which made my wedding day go without a hitch. I would definitely recommend Ebony for any big event where you want to look your best!

Sent on 08/19/2014

Kayla · Married on 07/20/2013

Ebony Newcomb did my make-up on my wedding day. She was extremely professional and is truly amazing at what she does. She also did the make-up for my maid of honor and both final products were beautiful. I suggest getting in contact with Ebony for any of your Make-up needs.

Sent on 08/18/2014

Judith · Married on 06/30/2013

Ebony did a beautiful make up application for our entire wedding party including the mother of the bride. We wee all very pleased with her artistry and professionalism. She is so very talented. If you want the best make up artist for your special day....feel confident that Ebony is the best. I have actually used her talents on more than one occassion...she always does a beautiful application. I highly recommend Ebony.

Sent on 08/28/2014

Molly · Married on 10/27/2012

Ebony was awesome from start to finish.

For my makeup preview she came to my house and talked me through everything and was willing to try any makeup style I was interested in. On the day of the wedding she was timely and airbrushed me to perfection. I loved my makeup. Before she left she noticed my hair extensions slipping out and fixed my hair at no extra cost!

I still keep in contact with Ebony to this day, she is a great person and professional. I highly recommend her to anyone in the greater Dayton area.

Sent on 08/25/2014

Brittany · Married on 10/06/2012

Ebony did an excellent job with my wedding make-up. She had beautiful, professional products and definitely put me at ease. She pushed me a little outside of my comfort zone (I don't wear a lot of make-up normally) and I loved the results!! Ebony took care of my maid of honor, my mom, my step mom, my mother-in-law and me!! All with a great attitude and professionalism. I would recommend her services to anyone who wants to look good on their wedding day!

Sent on 08/21/2014

Ashley · Married on 09/04/2010

Ebony is kind, understanding, enthusiastic, professional and creative, to say the least. I didn't get an opportunity to do a test run before my wedding, yet I fully trusted her. My hair was so beautiful. She even finished the job of my makeup artist! I recommend her so very much and I cannot say enough kind things about her. I met her as a hair dresser and I immediately had confidence in her. I assure you, you will not be disappointed. She never fails to deliver on promises and she is very reliable. Make a good choice by including her in your special day :)

Sent on 08/28/2014

Aquila · Married on 11/19/2016

They were quick and responsive!

Sent on 12/14/2016

ally · Married on 08/20/2016

Ebony Newcomb is an amazing owner and makes sure that each and every one of her customers have a unique and personalized experience. I had the pleasure of having Aubry Staker to do my bridal makeup and my bridesmaid makeup. She did an amazing job and I would recommend this business to anyone who is wanting flawless makeup work done. Wedding days can be stressful and with them, this is one less thing you have to worry about. No matter who you get, the work will be amazing.

Sent on 09/14/2016