Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists Reviews

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists 6
Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists 7
  • Kia

Kia · Married on 08/10/2013

Shauné did an amazing job on my makeup and my mom's makeup. She was able to beautifully capture the look that I wanted for my wedding day. Her application was flawless and my makeup lasted all day! I look forward to working with her again. I highly recommend Shauné for your big day!!

Sent on 12/06/2013

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Thank you Kia for the kind words. I really enjoyed working with you and your mom as well! You were such a stunning bride too! It truly was a honor to be your wedding day makeup artist!
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 07/27/2013

Shauné was one of our most responsive and organized wedding vendors! She has a very nice studio, is flexible and easy to work with, and reasonably priced. Most importantly, she did a beautiful job with the make-up. I would also recommend her to those looking for a gay friendly vendor, as this was a non-issue for us. We really enjoyed working with Shauné and would definitely recommend her!

Sent on 08/11/2013

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Thank you Amy and Alis. It was a pleasure working with you two on such a special day. I'm glad you were pleased and I appreciate the privilege of being your wedding day makeup artist. Congratulations again and best wishes!

Katrina · Married on 07/06/2013

Shaune Hayes is very professional and responsive. She is an expert in her profession. Shaune exceeded my expectations from start to finish. She made me and my bridal party look and feel more beautiful on that day as a result of how flawless our make-up was done. We were so happy and impressed with her service which she also kept everyone on schedule.

I would highly recommend Shaune as a make-up artist for any occasion. You are truly "GREAT" at what you do. Thank you for everything.

Katrina

Sent on 08/11/2013

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Thank you so much Katrina for taking the time to leave feedback. I really appreciate it. I'm so glad you were pleased with our services. It was such a joy to work with you and your wedding party. Congratulations again and best wishes!

Lisa · event on 06/29/2013

I recently had a huge b-day party and wanted to have my makeup done. I was a little nervous- I hadn't done a trial run - but I thought her website displayed quality work. I'm not a heavy makeup wearer- so I was afraid of looking overdone and not like myself. Shaune took the time to ask me what I wanted and how I usually wear makeup. The results were STUNNING! I looked like me -- only majorly enhanced! I got complements the entire night. When I walked into my room to get dressed-- my boyfriend's jaw dropped! I am going to see her soon to get lessons on everyday makeup and the next big event-- she will most definitely be a part of it! In addition- her warm spirit and kind heart- made the entire experience fantastic! Thanks so much Shaune for making me feel beautiful!,

Sent on 07/03/2013

venesia · event on 05/04/2013

Mrs. Hayes service was so very wonderful I never had a makeup artist before but after she finish my make I was so amazed and I would recommend her to anyone

Sent on 05/15/2013

Jenee · Married on 04/20/2013

Great MUA, very talented and professional. She totally enhanced mine and my bridesmaids beauty for my special day! Thank you!!!!

Sent on 04/30/2013

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Many thanks to you too Jenee. It was my pleasure!

Nicole · Married on 04/13/2013

Ms. Shaune' was an absolute pleasure to work with! She is the epitome of an professional MUA and with the added bonus of being just a great person. I had the pleasure of meeting Ms. Shaune' when I was looking for a MUA for my engagement shoot and my planners recommended her after having a recent bride use her services. She is sweet and her studio is very welcoming. My only request to her was to just enhance my natural beauty and play up my eyes and she did just that. It was so good for the after the trail run I wanted to find somewhere to go! I loved my lashes and so did my husband! I will definitely be using Ms. Shaune' services again for special occasions and eyelash extensions.

Sent on 05/01/2013

trisha · Married on 04/06/2013

Shaune,
    It was a pleasure meeting you at my sisters wedding on Saturday. We appreciate your patience as we worked through the day. Pamela was very pleased with your work, because you listened and executed as agreed upon. Even without a trial session, her make-up was absolutely gorgeous, natural looking and lasted the whole night. Thank you!
    I look forward to working with you again in the future with other brides.
    Best regards!

Sent on 04/08/2013
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 04/06/2013

Shaune and Shaunda did a beautiful job and my hair and make up. They were very patient and accommodating during my trial to help me achieve the look I wanted. The ladies are a very professional, punctual, and responsive team. On my wedding day, my make up looked natural, crisp, and fresh. I couldn't have been more pleased! Thank you!!

Sent on 04/17/2013

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Sara, we had such a great time working with you and your bridal party! It was truly a pleasure and a privilege to be a part of your beautiful day. Thank you so much for using our services and trusting us to make you even more beautiful. All best wishes to you and your husband.

Shaune did a fantastic job on my makeup and that of my bridal party. Many guests complimented our natural looks. Shaune is extremely friendly and pays great attention to detail. For example, she double checked that the eyelash glue was latex-free before application. Shaune provided me with a touch up kit, which came in handy between the ceremony and reception. I would recommend her to anyone and wish I could get my makeup professionally done more often!

Sent on 05/06/2013

Brittany · event on 03/16/2013

Great overall experience! Took the time to work with us at our own pace.

Sent on 03/20/2013

Key · event on 03/16/2013

The short version: Shaune' is AMAZING, if your looking for a knowledgeable artist who cares about her clients as well as her craft, Shaune' is the answer!

Details: Words cannot truly express the gratitude I have for Shaune' Hayes. My best friends and I have always wanted to learn more about makeup and what works for each of us individually. We range in skill level from " mascara does it for me" to " I'm not leaving the house without my face on." This was not a problem. Shaune' greeted us in her lovely studio where I was allowed to set up refreshments turning what I thought was a simple make-up lesson to a Ladies Brunch for my birthday. She addressed each member of my group according to their needs and never showed one of us less attention than the other. Instead of feeling like an artist, she felt like one of the girls. We stopped to eat numerous times throughout the lesson and asked a billion questions. Even though I knew she had another appointment that day, she continued ours until she was done answering all of our questions and addressing what we felt were our weaknesses. We felt confident that we had gained enough knowledge to take with us out into the world. Needless to say, the lesson ended up going two hours over time and she not once watched the clock or rushed us. She is a total sweetheart! Her studio is gorgeous and we decided it was the perfect place to have a photoshoot after the lesson. There was no way we were going home looking this good, we decided to have a night on the town and before leaving Shaune's studio, each one of my best friends were sure to let me know this was the best birthday soirée they had ever been to. THANK YOU SHAUNE'...YOU WILL SEE US AGAIN SOON!

Sent on 04/24/2013

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Thanks so much Key for taking the time to review my services! I really had a good time with you and your friends, and I'm so glad the makeup lesson was so beneficial. I could tell you all felt more confident in just the short time we had together. That's what it's all about for me!

Pauline · Married on 03/08/2013

I couldn't have been more pleased with Shauné's work. I highly recommend her.

Sent on 03/18/2013
  • Rock

K · Married on 01/26/2013

Shaune was very professional throughout the entire process. From the trial to the actual wedding day was amazing. The trial was very helpful as it allows both bride and artist to get comfortable and also work through different shades to find what color scheme works best. I would recommend her 100%. She was on-time and very friendly. She is wonderful to work with. You are in good hands if you hire Shaune Hayes.

Sent on 03/14/2013

Rose · Married on 12/08/2012

Every bride has a natural glow on her wedding day. Shaune happens to be an EXPERT at enhancing your glow! Due to scheduling conflicts, I was not able to do a trial run (which caused my inner control-freak some minor anxiety) but overall I was confident that she would do a great job. She was not only great, she was ABSOLUTELY wonderful to work with...she was friendly, efficient, and exceeded my expectations! Prompt in returning phone calls/emails, competitively priced, giving the peace of mind every bride so desperately needs when wedding planning... Like many of you, I researched the top 5 vendors who have outstanding reviews written about them (can't go wrong with input from many happy brides) and checked out who of those also had an excellent website (since I personally believe attention to detail with the website is a clear indicator of one's commitment and professionalism.) Aside from the other 5-STAR reviews and the outstanding website, what really stood out about Shaune was that she personally took the time to respond to each and every review posted about her. That small gesture showed me she truly values each bride as a person...not just a business. Favorite part of my make up: eyelash extensions. I wish she could do that for me every day...they looked so NATURAL. Favorite bonus: touch up kit, as I FEARLESSLY danced the night away. I will absolutely be calling Shaune for any future occassions (holiday parties, formal portraits) which call for a bit more polish.

Sent on 01/10/2013

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Rose, I can't thank you enough for entrusting me with the privilege of being your wedding day makeup artist. Especially since we couldn't do a trial prior to the wedding day. I'm glad you were confident that I could create the look you were envisioning. You were such a beautiful bride, and I'm so glad you were pleased with the end result. I really enjoyed working with you and your bridal party. You were one of my last brides of the 2012 wedding season, and it was great to end the year on such a high note.

I hope your marriage is full of love, laughter and abundant blessings.

All the best!
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 10/27/2012

OMG Shaune is the best!!! She made me beautiful, and I still felt like me! I will recommend her to anyone in need of Makeup Artistry services. She was prompt, efficient , and simply pleasant to be around. She has an amazing spirit, and anyone would be blessed to have her in their presence:)

Sent on 11/21/2012

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Loved your spirit as well Ashley. I really enjoyed meeting you and working with with you for your wedding. It's always my pleasure!

Ayanna · Married on 10/13/2012

If you are looking for a highly talented make up artist, I HIGHLY recommend Shaune Hayes! She is AMAZING! Not only is she a fantastic artist, but she has such a sweet spirit about her and was a calming presence as I prepared for my big day. My make up was beautiful and lasted all evening.

Sent on 11/23/2012

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

I saw some of your pictures Ayanna and you were one beautiful, glowing bride! Thank you so much for letting me be a part of your day.

Kimberly · Married on 10/07/2012

Love! Love! Love Shauné & her fabulous work! She is a warm and friendly person with tons of talent & extremely professional. She did a great job during the make-up trial. The make-up looked classy and elegant without looking overdone. So, I quickly booked her for my engagement photo session and wedding. For both events, she arrived on time, completed in a timely fashion and a did a great job. The make up lasted throughout the evening and everyone complimented me on my look for the day.

I would highly recommend booking Shauné!!

Sent on 10/09/2012

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Thanks Kim! It was a pleasure working with you from the trial to the engagement to the wedding. This is one of the reasons why I love what I do. It means a lot to be a part of these special moments with you. Wishing you and yours the best!

Amy · Married on 10/06/2012

I highly recommend Shauné Hayes and will be sure to hire her for all of my future big events! Shaune is a joy to work with. She is prompt, professional, a great listener and she does beautiful work. She gave me EXACTLY what I asked for for my wedding day. I will refer her to as many people as I can.

Sent on 10/16/2012

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Thanks Amy. It was great getting to know you over the past months and to realize we know a lot of common people :-) I really enjoyed working with you for your wedding. Look forward to catching up real soon.

Danyelle · Married on 09/28/2012

Shaune was excellent and my makeup looked flawless. I highly recommend her.

Sent on 03/27/2013

Shaune was awesome. She is very friendly & nice. My make up literally looked the best it has in my entire life. It looked natural but also completely fabulous. I got a ton of compliments. I wish I could have her do my makeup everyday. I highly recommend her to any bride!

Sent on 04/10/2013

Consuelo · Married on 09/13/2012

We were headed to Washington DC in order to attend an award ceremony because my mother was being honored. Since my mother was going to be on the jumbotron it was very important that we find the best service and we did when we connected with Ms. Shauné Hayes. We needed hair and make-up and she knew exactly who to call for hair. We had such a great time with these women. We had a limited amount of time and they were able perfom quickly and efficiently while still enjoying their company.They were professional and personable. They take the time to get to know you in order to provide the best service. If I could afford to fly her to TC for my wedding, I would!

Sent on 09/17/2012

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Consuelo, I was honored to meet your mom and do her makeup. Thanks for the opportunity. I am so glad she was pleased. It was a pleasure working with you all. If you're ever back in the DC area, I'm just a phone call or email away if you find yourself needing hair or makeup services again.

Roshaunda · Married on 09/01/2012

Shaune Is a marvelous makeup artist. The love and passion for her talant really shows up in her work. She has done my face for other events so naturally when my sister was getting married she was the first person I contacted. She was On time very professorial and did a amazing enhancement transformation on everyone especially my mother who now want to take a enhancement application class from Shaune. So if your in need of a fabulous artist look no further you will be getting your service done by the BEST

Sent on 10/26/2012

Shaune was incredible. My makeup was amazing - I could not have loved it more. I went in giving her no direction and she knew exactly the right colors and look to go with. She did my makeup at 2pm and it lasted through my sweltering 5pm outdoor ceremony, the 5 hour dance party that followed, and the 2 hours we spent at a club after that - I did pretty much no touchups and my face stayed the way she left it. My bridesmaids and mother also absolutely loved their makeup and looked fabulous all night long. Logistically, she was on time, quick to respond to emails prior to the day, and was a pleasure to work with during both the trial and on the day of. I honestly can't recommend her highly enough - one of the best decisions I made for my entire wedding.

Sent on 07/31/2012

Rosemary · Married on 07/07/2012

Shaune Hayes came to our DC hotel very early on Saturday morning to do my make-up. I gave her a picture of the look I wanted and showed her my dress. She did a beautiful job, especially with my eyes. Our wedding and reception were many hours apart and I had no problem with my make-up running or smearing.
    Her communication skills are exceptional from the time of booking until execution. She is also a delightul person and made the whole experience fun.

Sent on 07/09/2012