Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists Reviews

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists 6
Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists 7
  • W

William · Married on 06/14/2015

Shaune is a magician. I could not have been happier with the makeup look for my wedding and would highly recommend her as well as her partner Shaundra for hair. Shaune went above and beyond to make sure everything was done for our early morning ceremony - which included hair and makeup for six girls total! - and was both professional, warm, and friendly. Hiring her was truly one of the best investments we made for our wedding. Great job! - Tiffany

Sent on 06/29/2015

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Thank you so much Tiffany for your comments. It was such a pleasure working with you and your friends and family and being a part of your day. We had a great time even that early in the morning :-) Thank you for being so thoughtful and even providing coffee and pastries. Wishing you and your husband much happiness.

Doranna · event on 06/04/2015

Shaune is amazing! Impressive. She is friendly, professional, and extremely talented!!

Sent on 06/05/2015

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Thank you Doranna. It was such a pleasure working with you.

Jaclynn · Married on 05/24/2015

Shaune was a delight to work with. My makeup was amazing for my wedding. My now husband is very picky about makeup- he usually doesn't like it. Lol. But he said I was more beautiful than ever. His words were "you don't look like yourself, but you look exactly like yourself! I can't even explain it."

Sent on 05/27/2015

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Awh thank you so much Jaclynn! You were such a pleasure to work with and I just smiled reading your husband's comment. I love it! Thank you so much for allowing me to be your wedding day makeup artist. I don't take it for granted when a bride chooses to work with me. I really appreciate because I realize you have many options for bridal services. So thank you again for wanting to work with me and for allowing me to be a part of your special day.

Shaune Hayes and team provided absolutely stunning make-up and hair for my wedding. I felt beautiful, as did my mother, sister, and mother-in-law. From the first contact to the final moments before I walked down the aisle, Shaune was a pleasure to work with. She is a true professional and I would recommend her without reservation to others.

Sent on 05/05/2015

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

It means a lot to us knowing you were pleased with your wedding day look as well as the service we provided. Thank you for wanting to work with us on your special day.

Raychel · event on 05/02/2015

Mrs. Shaune Hayes beautified the canvas of my friend's face with an eye of Excellence. The make-up and eye colors used by Shane magnified the essence of my girlfriend's natural beauty. I echo the Excellence of this make-up artist and will summons her services AGAIN!!!!

Sent on 05/06/2015

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Thank you so much Raychel. I really appreciate your kind words and I'm so glad Colena was pleased with her look. She truly is a natural beauty and it was such a pleasure working with her. Look forward to working with you both in the future.

Colena · event on 05/02/2015

My Event Coordinator "ED" had (3) makeup artists all lined up for me prior to coming to Shaune's...(she (Shaune Hayes) was the first and the last, my EC had to cancel the other two appointments... "it was a wrap"!!!

Sent on 05/13/2015

Everyone looked beautiful! Thank you so much, Shaune!

Sent on 04/22/2015
  • User4938273 · event on 03/28/2015

Shaune is a true professional! I appreciated the way she touched base with me before the event to find out what type of skin my mother had and what she would be wearing to the party. My mother looked beautiful for her birthday and received compliments on her makeup all night. And miraculously, her look remained flawless throughout the entire evening!

Sent on 04/02/2015

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

I had so much fun working with your mom. What a great gift to give her for her birthday. I am so glad she was pleased with the makeup, and the fact that her guests thought she looked great is a bonus :-) Thank you so much for using our services and for allowing us to be a part of your mother's milestone birthday!

I was very disappointed by the first makeup artist I found and decided not to use him after doing the trial. Thankfully, soon after that debacle, I met Shauné's team at a wedding show and was impressed by her marketing materials. I emailed her for pricing shortly after. She is competitively priced and was very responsive over email. Although I live in downtown DC, far from her home, she was happy to arrange a time to drive to me with all of her makeup, chair, and light to do my trial.

She was very flexible about trying different colors on me so I can see the varying results. I was extremely happy with the final results and very relieved that I finally found my makeup artist.

On the wedding day, she gave us touch-up kits, but I didn't have to use any of it because the makeup barely smudged after a long day of smiling, laughing, kissing, hugging, and dancing.

If you're looking for a makeup artist, look no further! I highly recommend Shauné. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 02/15/2016

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

We are always appreciative of the insight and feedback on our services as it helps us to continue doing our best in making our clients' experience with us a good one. There is no shortage of wedding day beauty teams our brides could choose to work with, so thank you thank you for the privilege of being your wedding day makeup artist. It was such a pleasure working with you and your bridal party.

Ashwil · event on 03/24/2015

I stumbled across Shauné on the Internet and I'm thrilled that I did! She was extremely professional throughout the process of utilizing her services. BEFORE- Shauné was prompt and responsive to my inquiries, ensuring that I had adequate information prior to making my decision to book her company.
    DURING- Shauné arrived as scheduled and was organized and professional in every way. My makeup was applied with precision and speed. In exactly one hour I was fully made up (including lashes) and was ready to get dressed. She was very pleasant and we had great conversation while she applied my makeup. I was very pleased with the final look and I appreciated that she took the time to ensure that the look was exactly what I wanted. Her attention to detail was flawless.
    AFTER- Shauné followed up with me to ensure that I was satisfied with her services. I appreciated her continued interaction.
    If you're looking for a professional, well-experienced makeup artist, I would not hesitate to recommend Shauné Hayes!

Sent on 04/02/2015

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Thank you so much Ashwil for the feedback. I had such a great time working with you. I am so glad you were pleased with the makeup and services overall. This is what I strive to do with every client and I'm glad in your opinion that I met your expectations. Thanks again for choosing to work me. It was truly my pleasure.

Shaune was superb, from the trial to day of wedding makeup application she was professional, timely and did excellent work. I received many compliments from guests at my wedding saying that my makeup looked "natural" which is exactly what I was going for. I would highly recommend Shaune for wedding or special event makeup.

Sent on 03/23/2015

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Thank you so much. I really enjoyed working with you and your ladies. I'm especially glad you were happy with our services and your wedding day look. I say it often but I do consider it a privilege to be a part of my brides' special day. Thank you for the pleasure of being your wedding day makeup artist.

Latonia · Married on 12/13/2014

I have so many positive things to say about Shaune and her talent that there is not enough room to voice them all. First and foremost you will not be disappointed with Shaune Hayes and her glam team. From the first communication to the day of my wedding Shaune made me feel completely comfortable and at ease. Shaune is truly in a league of her own and knows how to translate your vision into a work of art. My and my bridesmaid make-up lasted from time of application to the last dance flawlessly. Look no further because Shaune and her team are the best at what they do. I am SO PLEASED to have selected Shaune for my wedding and would without a doubt recommend and use her services again!

Sent on 12/28/2014

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Hi Latonia. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us feedback. We truly enjoyed working with and your wedding party, and glad you trusted us with such a special day. Thank you thank you thank you!

Shaune and her team were amazing! From the trial run to the actual wedding, they were on punctual, sweet to all of my girls, and the hair and make up for all of us came out beautiful.

Sent on 11/27/2014

With the outstanding professionalism and quality that Shaune and her teammate provided, I most definitely have recommended the to others!

Sent on 11/30/2014

Audrey · Married on 11/08/2014

Deciding to work with Shaune and Shaunda was the best investment I made for our wedding day. I was initially super bummed to find out that Shaune was booked on our day, when a week or so later she contacted me to say that her other bride had to postpone her wedding and she had availability--needless to say, I was ecstatic! She was friendly, responsive, and so helpful when it came to deciding how I would keep a uniform look for both of our ceremonies (Indian and American) while looking fresh for each--we ended up switching up the lip color, and it was a subtle but fantastic change. Shaunda was also wonderful, and took her time crafting a hairstyle at my trial based on the paltry number of photos I brought as examples. While my trial hair was intricate and gorgeous, it wasn't necessarily my style and I let her know. She was very receptive, and assured me that we would tweak the look on the big day to make it what I envisioned. The end result was fabulous, and somehow she got my thick, heavy Asian hair to stay put in a beautiful low up-do for 13 hours. That was truly a miracle! All of my bridesmaids also loved their hairstyles!

My wedding makeup, and that of my bridesmaids, was simply amazing. Shaune was timely, efficient, flexible, and no one felt rushed. It's obvious that she loves what she does! It sounds cheesy, but everyone really did look like better versions of themselves. My makeup felt exquisitely light and natural; none of which seems possible with professional makeup! It lasted all afternoon and evening with only one blot/light-touch up needed near the end. I received so many compliments, and even the non-professional photos look incredible! It was an absolute pleasure to work with Shaune and Shaunda, and I honestly can't recommend them highly enough. Thank you for making our day that much more special!

Sent on 11/19/2014

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Audrey, I can't thank you enough for taking the time to leave such detailed feedback on our behalf. Thank you so much. We absolutely enjoyed working with you and your bridesmaids, and appreciate you for trusting us to make you all beautiful on your special day. We truly do consider it a privilege to work with all of our brides. Congratulations again to you and yours and blessings for a happy marriage.

E · Married on 10/12/2014

After two failed makeup trials, I was desperately searching for another makeup artist. I came across Shaune on WeddingWire. When I contacted her, she responded right away; she was also very flexible with my crazy schedule (I had to reschedule with her due to work) and even came to my house for the trial. I am half Asian and I have a specific eye shape which I believe was difficult for the other artists to deal with. Shaune listened to my concerns, made suggestions and I was so happy with the result. There ended up being 7 of us that needed makeup that day, and she and Liantine showed up early, brought their own chairs and did an awesome job. My husband's mom and my mom don't wear heavy makeup and never got their makeup done before, and we asked for a natural look for them and they looked gorgeous! The rest of us wanted a more dramatic look, and we were ecstatic with the end result. I also have to mention that one of my bridesmaids has a lot of freckles and doesn't often wear a lot of makeup, and Shaune put the absolute perfect color palette on her and she looked sooo beautiful. Our bridal party was made up of various ethnicities, eye shapes and skintones, and everyone's makeup turned out great!!!

Sent on 10/23/2014

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Thank you so much. We are glad everyone loved their makeup. I know you had some unpleasant experiences with previous trials but I am especially glad we were able to come up with the makeup look you were wanting for your special day. Thanks again for allowing us to be your wedding day beauty team. It truly was a pleasure working with you, your family and friends.

Hafiza · Married on 10/04/2014

Not only is Shaune an amazing makeup artist, but she is a blast to work with! When I did my trial with her, I knew immediately that I made the right choice. I was so happy with my wedding makeup and literally had so many people come up to me after 5 hours of dancing asking how my makeup still looked perfect. The answer = Shaune! I told her exactly what I wanted and she did a fabulous job of making it happen! Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/27/2014

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Thank you so much Hafiza! We really enjoyed working with you and your wedding party. And to know the makeup lasted well beyond hours of dancing is exactly what we want to hear. Thank you again for taking the time to leave a review of our services. We are happy to know you were pleased with everything.

Best wishes,

Stephanie · Married on 09/20/2014

Throughout the entire process, from initial consultation/communication to the bridal trial to the actual wedding day, Shauné and Shaunda were a pleasure to work with. They are both excellent at what they do and appear to enjoy what they do. Both take their time, truly listening to your requests/concerns, and provide professional yet personalized services.
    I was especially impressed by Shauné's responsiveness; even when I would send a non-urgent email after normal business hours, she would almost always respond within the hour, if not sooner. This level of communication was very reassuring and immensely helpful during the stressful wedding planning process.
    Despite having bridal party members of all different ages and hair types/lengths, everyone's hair and makeup turned out flawless. Even after taking photographs in 80 degree heat and dancing the night away, my hair and makeup remained intact (although Shauné does provide you with your own powder, lip color, and oil blotting sheets for touchups). I would highly recommend Shauné to other brides!

Sent on 10/07/2014

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Stephanie, I can't say enough how it was such a pleasure to work with you and your family. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your wedding day. We are so glad that you were pleased with our services. We absolutely love what we do and I am glad it shows. We are passionate about working with our brides and providing unparalleled service. So thank you again for choosing us to be your wedding day beauty team.

Shaune and her team did my makeup and hair for three weddings events in September and I could not be more pleased with their work. My makeup and hair looked flawless and everyone commented on how natural and amazing it all looked. With the stresses of planning a wedding it was nice to know I could rely on Shaune and her team for doing consistent great work. For someone that doesn't wear makeup that often, I was so pleased with how Shaune made me look both flawless and still like myself. I would definitely recommend Shaune and her team to anyone!

Sent on 10/22/2014

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

We truly enjoyed working with you for your three events. It definitely started to feel like family after spending so much time together. You were such a pleasure to work with as was your wedding party. Thank you so much for allowing us to be a part of it all.

Amber · Married on 08/29/2014

Shaune did my makeup for my wedding and it was flawless! The makeup lasted all night and was beautiful in pictures. She also did makeup for my mom and aunt who are quite picky but they had no complaints and were very pleased when they saw the finished product. Shaune was on time and came ready to work. Also, her makeup chair was like a directors chair and very cute in getting ready pictures.

Sent on 09/01/2014

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Thank you so much Amber for taking time to leave feedback. I really appreciate the kind words and am even more pleased that you, your mom and aunt were happy with the makeup and service. It was such a pleasure working with you, and being a part of your wedding day. Best wishes to you and your husband!

Cathy · Married on 08/22/2014

Absolutely beautiful! Not only does Shauné specialize in making brides like myself feel and look beautiful she has a heart of gold. From the moment we connected I knew she was the vendor I wanted for my wedding day. She is responsive, professional, family oriented, and extremely talented. Shauné will make your vision come to life and if you need a hairdresser for your special day she comes equipped with a wonderful team of professionals (thanks Shaunda….you were awesome).

Words can’t express how much I appreciated the makeup tips, the cute makeup package provided after service, and the personal touches. I also want to say thanks for the laughs shared during the makeup session - it helped calm my nerves :)

Thanks for making my wedding day special. God bless.

Sent on 08/26/2014

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Thank you so much Cathy for the kind words. We really love when we're able to connect with our clients and help them realize their wedding day vision. You were an absolute joy to work with, as was your daughter. Thank you for allowing Shaunda and I to be a part of your wedding day and for trusting us to help make you look even more beautiful. Wishing you and your husband much love and happiness.
  • Kee

lakisha · Married on 08/09/2014

Shaune' Hayes is a True Professional. I hired her to do my make-up for the wedding re-take photos and I looked truly amazing. "Flawless". I received so many compliments on my make-up. I highly recommend Shaune' which has a great personality and is great to work with along with her exceptional Talent!!!

Sent on 11/11/2014

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

I am so glad you liked your makeup Kee and that it lasted considering you had a morning appointment. You looked absolutely beautiful and I'm glad you felt that way as well. Congratulations again!

Amanda · Married on 06/14/2014

Shaune did my make-up as well as my Mom, future mother-in-law and MOH for my June wedding. She was a pleasure to work with and did a wonderful job. During my make-up trial, she listened to my vision for my wedding and created a make-up look that fit perfectly. She even had a little shimmer for my two little flower girls, which just made their day!

Sent on 07/07/2014

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Thank you so much Amanda. It was such a pleasure working with you and your bridal party. I am so glad we were able to come up with the look you envisioned for wedding. Thanks for allowing me to be a part of your day. Best wishes to you and Geoff.

Roberta · Married on 06/07/2014

Shaune was a pleasure to work - she is always responsive and on the morning of my wedding. She did such a beautiful job!

Sent on 06/09/2014

samira · Married on 06/06/2014

Shaune Hayes is a LIFE SAVIOR! I contacted her 2 weeks before my wedding after numerous unsuccessful trials from other vendors. She was attentive to my needs , knew exactly what I wanted and how I wanted to be presented at my reception. She was very patient with me and my family members and we all looked GORGEOUS!

I am grateful to have met her and she will now be my makeup artist for any occasion :)

I will also like to thank her partner, Shaun, for doing my hair. She was AMAZING as well and I am grateful to both ladies for agreeing to do my hair and makeup on such short notice.

Thank you ladies! :)

Sent on 06/17/2014

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Thank you so much Samira. I am so glad that everything worked out given everything you had been through prior to working with us. Thanks for trusting us to create the look you wanted for your wedding day.