Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists Reviews

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists 5
Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists 6
Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists 7

Blair · Married on 04/01/2017

My experience was beyond amazing. I was able to book an appointment two weeks before my wedding and she managed to sqeeze me in (even though she had an appointment later that evening). My foundation looked flawless and natural ! Made me wedding pictures look amazing !!

Sent on 04/16/2017

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Thank you so much Blair! It was so great working with you and I'm glad the timing worked out for me to be your wedding day makeup artist. I appreciate your feedback and wish you and your beautiful family best wishes!

Delphina · Married on 04/01/2017

I contacted Shaune Hayes to inquire about make up about two months before my wedding. My initial phone consultant was quite pleasant, communicative and comprehensive. We set up an appointment for a preview makeup session. She explained the basic composition of the make up and proceeded to give me a preview of what i would look like on my wedding day according to my specifications. I was more the satisfied. She showed up early to my hotel room on my wedding and completed my make up to my satisfaction. My pictures came out fabulous. I received so many compliments, and the service was worth every dime. Thank you Shaune for your professionalism, rapport and talent. You are truly an Artist.

Sent on 05/01/2017

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Thank you so much Delphina! I appreciate your feedback and the pleasure of working with you for your wedding day. I am so glad you were pleased with services, and that we were able to create a look that you loved for your wedding day.

Nerhosshia · Married on 03/25/2017

What can I say about Shauné Hayes? So much and all good! I truly can say that her talent is remarkable. She did my makeup for mine and my husband’s Black Tie 20th Anniversary Party on March 25, 2017. Shauné Hayes was prompt, friendly and about business which I truly appreciated. I was very nervous and stressed as if I was a first time bride. She laughed and talked with me and somehow, helped to calm my nerves all while applying lip liner and eyelashes. When she was finished, I felt beautiful. My husband and my guests loved her work. The complements ranged from you, referring to me, look absolutely stunning, dazzling, breathtaking etc. I feel that Shauné Hayes’ skills enhanced my natural beauty as oppose to masking. I felt beautiful, polished and recognizable. If you are looking for a makeup artist then look no further than Shauné Hayes. She is truly patient, artistic, professional and will make you look exceptional for any occasion. I cannot thank Shauné Hayes enough!!

Sent on 04/17/2017

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Nerhosshia, thank you so much for your kind words and feedback. They really mean a lot to me and it makes me feel good knowing you had such a positive experience. It was great working with you and being a part of your 20th wedding anniversary. Thank you so much!

Nakia · Married on 03/16/2017

Shaune' Hayes and team are extremely knowledgeable and professional. Makeup is an art. Shaune' and her team are constantly working on perfecting their craft. I now have a new makeup person yay. After moving from NY, it was hard to find a makeup person other than one at a MAC counter that I could trust for wedding makeup. Trust me, you will be amazed at how good you look (just look at the website). Looking forward to the next event, so that I can get that perfect beat face. Thank you so much for making my wedding day an awesome one!

Sent on 04/04/2017

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Thank you Nakia! We had a great time working with you and your bridal party. You all looked so beautiful and it was such a pleasure to be your wedding day makeup artist. We appreciated the opportunity to serve you all in this way. Best wishes to you!

Tracey · Married on 02/14/2017

I hired Shaune to do my friend's wedding makeup on her special day. I live in Texas and my friend was getting married in Washington, DC and I wanted her to have a wonderful makeup artist to do her wedding day makeup but had to rely on Google reviews and website pictures and hope for the best. Shaune was everything I hoped for. She replied to my inquiry within minutes, sent me a professional contract and answered all the questions I had to set this up as a surprise for the bride. She asked me for an inspiration picture and a picture of my friend so she would have an idea of what she wanted. She showed up early the day of the wedding and the makeup she did was beautiful (and was in line with the inspiration picture I sent her - natural, glamorous and beautiful). She is a true talented professional and I'm glad I found her and was able to book her to do my friend's makeup. Thank you again Shaune and if you're looking for a great makeup artist that is also a professional business owner, I would definitely recommend her. S

Sent on 04/05/2017

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Tracey, thank you soooo much. I really appreciate you taking the time to share about your experience with my service. I thought it was really sweet of you to surprise your friend with makeup for her wedding, and I was so glad to be a part of the surprise. I am even happier that she loved her makeup and enjoyed working with me. Thank you again for opportunity to work with you both.

Ashley · Married on 02/03/2017

Shaune is tied for first place for my favorite wedding vendor. She is AMAZING and I have some serious love for her as a person and a professional. Hair and make-up was probably the most important thing to me (forget florals! look at meeee!) and so Shaune was the very first vendor I booked. I knew I wanted to look as beautiful as possible for my wedding and when I saw Shaune's portfolio I knew I had to hire her. Shaune and two of her artists worked their magic on a total of 11 ladies for my wedding. These ladies were half-Vietnamese and half-Indian, Trinidadian, and half-Ugandan and half-Sierra Leonian. Basically, it doesn't matter the color of your skin, Shaune can do it. It doesn't matter your hair type, if you book Shaune for hair and make-up she will make sure everyone is taken care of.

Do not hesitate to book Shaune if you are nervous about the price she is WORTH EVERY PENNY! Aside from her talent, she makes sure to stock a huge array of high quality products. That alone would cost hundreds of dollars if you were to do your make-up yourself (and you still would not have as many products as her and her team!). Also, I don't know about you, but there is no way I could do what Shaune does even if I watched 100 youtube tutorials! She will seriously make you look breathtakingly beautiful. While I was getting my make up done whenever someone walked by me I would hear a gasp and see a huge smile spread across their face (and Shaune wasn't even done yet!). Shaune's team continued to do touch ups throughout the day and made adjustments as necessary (i.e. one person wanted to remove her eyelashes because she wasn't used to them, etc.). Most importantly, getting ready with Shaune and her team was so much fun! My ladies loved hanging out with them and I know I didn't want them to leave when they finished! If I ever have to book hair and makeup for anything in the future I will go with Shaune. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND BOOK SHAUNE NOW!!!

Sent on 02/11/2017

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Ashley, I can't thank you enough for the absolute pleasure it was to be a part of your wedding day! I was not ready for the day to end and was a bit sad to leave just because I really enjoyed working with you and getting to know you over the months leading up to your wedding day. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review, and we are so glad everyone was pleased with services. You have a beautiful family and you all made us feel right at home. We wish you so much happiness and I can't wait for the opportunity to work with you again.

Lauren · Married on 01/07/2017

Shaune was so awesome! She is very talented and very professional. I felt immediately comfortable with her and knew that I was in good hands. Shaune made me feel like I was a celebrity, and at the end of my session I felt like I looked like one too! I highly recommend! I also chose to get my hair done too. Shaune hooked me up with Renata, who was also equally as awesome. These two ladies really knew how to make you feel like a queen. I can't thank them enough for their positive, warm and willing attitudes. They were a complete dream team!

Sent on 01/25/2017

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Thank you so much Lauren. We had such a great time working with you and it's always a pleasure for us to be a part of our brides' wedding day. You looked so beautiful and I'm glad we could be the dream team to make your wedding day vision come true.

Andrea · Married on 10/08/2016

One of Shaune's apprentices, Renata, did our hair and makeup for the wedding and I could not have been more pleased with everything from start to finish. She has a true gift. If you book her, you will not be disappointed! Everyone looked gorgeous!!!!

Sent on 10/29/2016

Aiysha · Married on 08/27/2016

From the first time I contacted Shaune to the day of the wedding, working with Shaune and Norma was just extremely easy, pleasurable and fun! Shaune was very attentive to what type of look I was envisioning and boy did she deliver! Everyone looked amazing. Even towards the end of the night - my makeup was intact AND fabulous. I have no doubt in my mind that Shaune and her team are THE best in the area!

Thanks Shaune!

Sent on 10/14/2016

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Thank you sincerely Aiysha. We had a great time working with you and your family. I am so glad we could be your wedding day beauty team and that you were pleased with the services we provided. That is very important to us. Wishing you all the best!
  • W

Whitney · Married on 07/30/2016

Shaune is truly exceptional. She made me and my bridesmaids look and feel stunning. I could not have asked for a better makeup job. My husband loved that I still looked "like me" and not an overdone clown! I received so many compliments about how classy my makeup looked. You must use Shaune!!!

Sent on 08/13/2016

Belinda · Married on 07/03/2016

I would book Shaune again in a heart beat!! Shaune is truly a perfectionist at her job and a gem to work with. I booked Shaune to do makeup for myself and my 4 bridesmaids. My bridesmaids and I all looked amazing during the wedding, all our family and friends couldn't stop raving about how we looked!! Shaune was extremely pleasant to work with during the entire wedding process. I truly loved her work and can't wait to recommend her and use her service again for upcoming events! A million thank you's wouldn't be enough!! thank you so much for helping to bring out our inner beauty!!

Sent on 07/05/2016

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Belinda, it was such a pleasure working with you and your family. I am so glad everyone was pleased with their makeup and the services provided. Thank you for the honor of being a part of your wedding day.

Megan · Married on 06/04/2016

Don't look any further. You will look fantastic. Shaune and Leontyne were fabulous. I have never looked so good and neither had my girls. We all wished they could come with us everyday to get us ready. It was fun, easy and painless and did I mention, I looked gorgeous! Well worth it. We can't wait to do a makeup class with Shaune!

Sent on 07/21/2016

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Thank you so much Megan! You truly were a gorgeous bride! We had so much fun getting you ready for your day! Thank you thank you for choosing us to be your wedding day beauty team. It was a pleasure and we're looking forward to the group makeup class with you and your friends!

Sreeya · Married on 05/29/2016

Shaune was AMAZING to work with. I felt absolutely stunning, and her personality made the entire experience so wonderful for us. We had a lot of laughs, jokes and great times together. All my bridesmaids commented on how beautiful they felt, and I felt extremely confident with how I looked. Her assistant for hair, Deon, was also a joy to work with. They made a fantastic team and were very timely and efficient.

Very last minute I added on airbrush, and Shaune was efficient enough to include it in and was a true professional. I would definitely recommend her for your big day, and I will be recommending her to fellow friends that have upcoming weddings.

Thank you so much Shaune and Deon!

Sent on 06/24/2016

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Thank you so much Sreeya for your feedback and review. We had a great time working with you and your bridal party and we are so happy you were pleased with our services. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your wedding day.

Shayla · Married on 05/21/2016

Shaune was fantastic to work with! Not only was she professional, but she was always responsive, patient, kind, and generous with her time and talent. She recommended skincare practices leading up to my wedding and used natural organic products which is always a plus! Shaune made every effort to ensure I received the look I wanted for my big day and I was very pleased. I received so many compliments on my makeup the day of the wedding and so many compliments afterward while sharing my wedding pictures with others. I would definitely recommend Shaune--you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 07/27/2016

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Thank you so much Shayla! I had such a great time working with you and your family. I'm glad you saw results with the skin care regimen and products and for trusting my recommendation. You were consistent and dedicated to the process so thank you for that as well. Wishing you and yours a lifetime of happiness. Thank you again for allowing me to be part of such a special time.

Eileen · Married on 05/01/2016

Thank you, thank you so much for making me so beautiful on Sunday! I was so stressed about my face breaking out, but after you were done all the stress faded and I felt absolutely beautiful! In the few pics I've seen from friends and family you cant even see the breakout. Ah!!
    You truly have a gift and I'm so pleased that I was able to be one of your clients. In the future if I ever need makeup you will definitely hear from me.
    My sisters and mother in law raved about the makeup all day long. Our guests and especially my new husband loved how natural and beautiful we all looked :) You were such a blessing on my (our) day.

Sent on 05/10/2016

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

I had such a pleasure working with you and your family Eileen. Thank you so much for allowing me to be part of your special day. I am glad we were able to capture the look you wanted and no breakout was going to get in our way :-). I wish you and your husband many blessings in your new life together.

DOUGLAS · Married on 04/30/2016

Shaune was such a pleasure to work with. She was patient in understanding my needs and ensured me that everything would be ok and she was right. Thanks Shaune for everything! If you choose Shaune, you have chosen the best! - Natalie

Sent on 05/21/2016

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Thank you so much Natalie! We had such a pleasure working with you and your bridal party. We appreciate you for allowing us to be a part of your wedding day.

Paula · Married on 04/03/2016

All I can say is my wedding photos are amazing and I owe it all to Shauné Hayes. All of my wedding party / bridesmaids were very pleased with their makeup. I loved the makeup application Shauné did because I was made up but not over the top. Shauné was helpful on many levels working with me and all of my needs. All brides will be happy with her services.

Sent on 05/17/2016

Leslie · Married on 11/15/2015

Shauné is a wonderful makeup artist! My makeup was flawless and it lasted all day...even after dancing. I was constantly asked throughout the day about who did my makeup and how great it looked. I would definitely recommend her for any event! I'm currently trying to make up a reason to go get my makeup done again:-)

Sent on 12/23/2011
  • Charmain

Charmain · Married on 11/08/2015

Shaune Hayes is an amazing makeup artist. Once she completed my trial session, I knew she would be perfect for my wedding day. She knows how to make you feel relaxed and comfortable during the session. I love makeup, so she definitely gave me some great ideas on how to improve my own techniques. She was very responsive all the way up until the day of the wedding. She showed up on time and started working right away. My entire wedding party absolutely loved her. Even when we started to run behind schedule, she remained flexible. I had her stay through the reception and she made sure to freshen my look every time I had to take major photos. I received so many compliments on my look. I wish I could post pictures, because words do not do Shaune true justice in describing her work! I will definitely use her in the future for other events.

Sent on 12/13/2015

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Charmain, thank you sooo much! I truly had a fabulous time working with you and your bridal party. It means a lot to me to know you were pleased with my services. That is always my goal. I can't wait to see pictures because you truly were a stunning bride! I had a great time staying through your wedding and reception as well. So classy! Thank you again for allowing me to be your wedding day makeup artist.

Angela · Married on 10/17/2015

I was first drawn to Shaune by the fact that her website had before and afters of people of varying races and skin tones. So many makeup people were very monotone in their ethnic representation. I scheduled my makeup trial and Shaune worked with me to schedule it the same day as my company work Christmas party so I could get the most bang for my buck. The trial went great and I found Shaune to be incredibly pleasant to just sit and talk with. I was happy to hire her for all my needs.

Along the way we made a couple additions to the contract without any issue. She was prompt to reply to emails and patient when I missed a couple myself.

The day of my wedding Shaune showed up early and found the best spot for her to do her craft and setup. She has a calm demeanor which is great and she fit right in with everyone. But the most important part is, she did a phenomenal job. Every single one of my bridesmaids and my mother in law felt so beautiful afterwards. Each person enjoyed individual attention and felt pampered and listened to. As for myself, I can honestly say I have never felt prettier in my life than I did. Shaune took things I didn't like about myself and made them beautiful. I don't think a bride can ask for anything more.

You should hire Shaune. You can be guaranteed a laid back, kind, and skillful makeup artist.

Sent on 10/23/2015

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Thank you so much Angela. I had such a great time working with you and your family, and I am so glad you all were pleased with everything. You allowed me to be a part of your special day and I really appreciate that. I don't take that for granted and truly consider it a privilege to work with each of my brides. Thank you again and best wishes!

LATISHA · Married on 10/16/2015

If I could give Shaune Hayes 10 stars I would. She was amazing! She was very professional, prompt, reasonably priced, and just a joy to work with. I hired her for my engagement pictures initially, but as soon as she handed me the mirror to see the final results I knew I had to have her for my wedding day as well. Her level of expertise was just astonishing and her willingness to talk me through what and why she was doing something was for reassuring. I booked her for my wedding day immediately.

On my big day, Shaune arrived on time and went straight to work. One by one, my bridesmaids sat in her chair and got up looking naturally flawless. When it came to my makeup, she nailed it!!! It was exactly what we discussed during my makeup trial. And the entire time she was performing her magic, she was able to talk to me and keep me calm. I really knew I had made the right decision by choosing Shaune, when my husband saw me for the first time. He was so amazed that she was able to enhance my natural beauty without making me look like one of those housewives on reality tv. He kept telling me how beautiful I looked and I know it is because I had a great makeup artist that went above and beyond to make that happen. Shaune even provided lip gloss, blotting papers, and foundation for me to touch up my makeup right before the wedding. She was just very impressive from the beginning to the end. And now that I have seen her work in my pictures, I am even more impressed and amazed. She has a customer for life and I plan to take her private makeup lesson in the near the future.

If you are looking for a makeup artist, you should absolutely hire Shaune Hayes. It was the one of the best decisions I made, you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 11/01/2015

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Latisha, I am truly touched by your review of my services. I am without the proper words to truly express how I felt reading this. I am honored and humbled that you thought so highly of me. It truly is my desire to give all of my brides not only the look they have envisioned for their wedding day, but also the best experience possible all around. Thank you again for allowing me to be a part of your wedding day. I say it all the time but I mean it sincerely: It is a privilege. Best wishes to you and l definitely look forward to another great time with your makeup lesson :-)
  • Nancy

Nancy · Married on 10/11/2015

Shaune and her team were AWESOME!!! From the time I had my make-up trial I knew she would be the one to do my make-up for my wedding day!!! Make-up was flawless and I lasted all day. My bridesmaids loved the pics of my makeup trial so much they all used her services and everyone looked amazingly beautiful. I'm still getting compliments on how beautiful I looked that day and the make was so flawless but not overdone. My hair was done by Shaun who did such an outstanding job I absolutely loved it and considering how picky I am about my hair it was quite an accomplishment. I am very particular about details and on that day I can say I was 100% satisfied. I HIGHLY recommend Shaune and her team.

Sent on 10/31/2015

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Thank you so much Nancy! We had a great time working with you and your lovely ladies! Everyone was such a pleasure to work with. We are so glad to hear the makeup and hair was what you wanted and that it lasted. We are happy to have been your wedding day beauty team. Thankyou for wanting to work with us. Best wishes!

Very responsive and professional. Bride looked stunning!

Sent on 10/06/2015

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Thank you so much. I always love it when the groom thinks his bride looked stunning. :-) I enjoyed working with her and how very sweet of you to surprise her with makeup and hair. Thank you for choosing us to be her wedding day beauty team.

Nicole · Married on 07/26/2015

Shaune did my makeup for both my engagement photos and on the day of my wedding not only for me but for my entire bridal party. Prior to our first encounter we spoke via email. Shaune was always professional and extremely prompt with responding to my emails Our first encounter was incredible she was polite and professional and my makeup was flawless. Not only did she do a great job with my makeup, but she just has a beautiful personality. I truly enjoyed sitting in her chair, just talking and laughing while she worked wonders for my engagement shoot.

The next time we connected was for my makeup trial, my make up was beautiful again. I wanted a glamorous gold smokey eye for my evening wedding and she did an incredible job. I asked her to tweak my lip color and she took the feedback wonderfully and adjusted so I walked out feeling beautiful.

On the day of my wedding she arrived about 15 minutes ahead of schedule to set up her work area so she could begin promptly working on all of the bridesmaids, my mom, my husband's mom, and myself. Listening to her speak with my mother and mother-in-law it was like they had known each other for years. Every single woman who sat in her chair that day felt beautiful and at ease because of Shaune's positive attitude and skill set.

I know our professional photographs and videos will be incredible because of the care Shaune took to ensure my bridal party and family looked and felt beautiful on the day of my wedding. The products Shaune used on my skin was also fantastic! Not only did she leave a touch up kit with blotting papers, lip glosses, and powders, she also left me skin care products to remove the make up. My skin felt wonderful once the wedding was over. Anytime I need makeup or skincare products, Shaune is the woman I will call!

I would absolutely recommend Shaune for any special event you may have. She is fantastic at what she does, professional, and such a joy to be around. I am grateful to have met her!

Sent on 08/05/2015

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Nicole, thank you so much for taking time to leave me feedback. I really appreciate the kind words and it makes me love what I do even more. It has truly been a pleasure getting to know you over these past months. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your special moments from the engagement session to the wedding day. It means a lot to me. I know there are many awesome professionals in our industry, so I do consider it a privilege to have been a part of your wedding. Thank you. Best wishes to you and your husband.

Christina · Married on 07/25/2015

Shaune Hayes is wonderful! I absolutely loved the way she transformed my face into a natural beauty. I really enjoyed working with her. She has a warm and welcoming personality also. Would definitely use her again and I recommend that you check out her website. Amazing work!!

Sent on 08/08/2015

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Thank you so much Christina. I enjoyed working with you well! I appreciate your feedback and am so glad you were pleased. It was a pleasure being your wedding day makeup artist.