179 Reviews for Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists

Skincare (1)
Hair Trial (1)
On-Site Hair (1)
Tattoo Coverage (1)

I felt like I looked amazing! I was gorgeous as a bridesmaid. Awesome experience!

Profile Picture Dawn, 6/29/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Shaune and the person she recommended for my hair, Felicia Renee, were a dynamic glam duo. They listened to what I wanted my look to be, and delivered it at a level beyond my hopes - and in a friendly, caring way. They made the morning of my wedding day a festive occasion on its own, and my photos are fantastic because of them.

Profile Picture Donna, 2/16/18, 1 Review

GM Katrina,
Thank you so much!!! My daughter looked and felt beautiful celebrating her Sweet 16. YES, I love, love, love the makeup on me as well. I asked and you did an amazing job responding to my request!!!! Thank you, Thank you, Jeanine

Profile Picture Jeanine, 1/27/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

EVERY TIME AUNTIE SHAUNE GETS ME RIGHTTTTTTT! I mean I love it!!!$ LOVE LOVE LOVE ITTTTTT

Profile Picture Alexis, 8/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Loved the professionalism, Felt very comfortable with Chris, She was Awesome, we laughed, she explained to me everything she was doing, afterwards she gave me a big hug!!!!

Profile Picture Judy, 8/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Shaune' and her team (Leontyne, Chris, and Toni), were the make-up artist for my Sister-in-Law's wedding. The professionalism, time and one on one attention provided to each of us, was unmatched. There were 9 of us, and we each looked natural, beautiful, and different. Thank you for making me my most beautiful!!!

Profile Picture Deidra, 8/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I highly recommend hiring Shaune. She was very flexible and professional throughout the duration I worked with her. The day of my wedding, Shaune and her team arrived on time. I had a diverse group of bridesmaids and each girl looked beautiful. As a "makeup junkie", I'm extremely picky about my makeup. Shaune listened to my likes and dislikes and I was highly satisfied with the outcome of my makeup.

Profile Picture Jessica, 6/17/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Thank you again for everything. All the ladies to include myself was beautiful.

Profile Picture Tara, 5/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Contour Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup

Shaune is extremely personable and truly skilled in her profession. I have searched high and low for make-up artists that specialize in bridal make-up, and trust me they don't come a dime a dozen. Shaune gives her clients the perfect touch required for wedding photos without masking a bride's individual beauty. Who wants to review the photos of their special day and think "is that me?" ? I discovered her when I was a bridesmaid in my friend's wedding and was so blessed to work with her again for my own wedding. Now I'm looking forward to being an expected mother so that she can make me look beautiful for my maternity photos. Thanks so much Shaune! You are the best in the biz!

Profile Picture Ceciley, 5/6/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Shaune and her team are AMAZING!! I was so concerned about finding a group of beauty professionals that were well rounded in dealing with hair & makeup for women of color, and they melted away all my fears. From our first consultation I knew me and my bridal party were in the right hands! The services I received were hair and makeup for me and my mother as well as makeup for my mother-in-law, bridesmaids, jr. bridesmaid and flower girls. Everyone raved about how welcomed they felt by Leontyne and her assistant, and how she calmed any hesitations the few who were not makeup wearers had. One bridesmaid even said it was the most beautiful she's felt in years!! I will definitely be recommending Shaune to my friends!!

Profile Picture Amanda, 4/22/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Hair Extensions, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Textured Styling

Shaune was a pleasure to collaborate with for my wedding. She has a beautiful home studio where we did my trial run. She made my vision come to life. I had so many compliments on my makeup at the wedding. Thank you!

Profile Picture Susan, 4/15/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Makeup, Contour Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup

My experience was beyond amazing. I was able to book an appointment two weeks before my wedding and she managed to sqeeze me in (even though she had an appointment later that evening). My foundation looked flawless and natural ! Made me wedding pictures look amazing !!

Profile Picture Blair, 4/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I contacted Shaune Hayes to inquire about make up about two months before my wedding. My initial phone consultant was quite pleasant, communicative and comprehensive. We set up an appointment for a preview makeup session. She explained the basic composition of the make up and proceeded to give me a preview of what i would look like on my wedding day according to my specifications. I was more the satisfied. She showed up early to my hotel room on my wedding and completed my make up to my satisfaction. My pictures came out fabulous. I received so many compliments, and the service was worth every dime. Thank you Shaune for your professionalism, rapport and talent. You are truly an Artist.

Profile Picture Delphina, 4/1/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Consultations, Licensed, Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup

What can I say about Shauné Hayes? So much and all good! I truly can say that her talent is remarkable. She did my makeup for mine and my husband’s Black Tie 20th Anniversary Party on March 25, 2017. Shauné Hayes was prompt, friendly and about business which I truly appreciated. I was very nervous and stressed as if I was a first time bride. She laughed and talked with me and somehow, helped to calm my nerves all while applying lip liner and eyelashes. When she was finished, I felt beautiful. My husband and my guests loved her work. The complements ranged from you, referring to me, look absolutely stunning, dazzling, breathtaking etc. I feel that Shauné Hayes’ skills enhanced my natural beauty as oppose to masking. I felt beautiful, polished and recognizable. If you are looking for a makeup artist then look no further than Shauné Hayes. She is truly patient, artistic, professional and will make you look exceptional for any occasion. I cannot thank Shauné Hayes enough!!

Profile Picture Nerhosshia, 3/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Shaune' Hayes and team are extremely knowledgeable and professional. Makeup is an art. Shaune' and her team are constantly working on perfecting their craft. I now have a new makeup person yay. After moving from NY, it was hard to find a makeup person other than one at a MAC counter that I could trust for wedding makeup. Trust me, you will be amazed at how good you look (just look at the website). Looking forward to the next event, so that I can get that perfect beat face. Thank you so much for making my wedding day an awesome one!

Profile Picture Nakia, 3/16/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I hired Shaune to do my friend's wedding makeup on her special day. I live in Texas and my friend was getting married in Washington, DC and I wanted her to have a wonderful makeup artist to do her wedding day makeup but had to rely on Google reviews and website pictures and hope for the best. Shaune was everything I hoped for. She replied to my inquiry within minutes, sent me a professional contract and answered all the questions I had to set this up as a surprise for the bride. She asked me for an inspiration picture and a picture of my friend so she would have an idea of what she wanted. She showed up early the day of the wedding and the makeup she did was beautiful (and was in line with the inspiration picture I sent her - natural, glamorous and beautiful). She is a true talented professional and I'm glad I found her and was able to book her to do my friend's makeup. Thank you again Shaune and if you're looking for a great makeup artist that is also a professional business owner, I would definitely recommend her. S

Profile Picture Tracey, 2/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Shaune is tied for first place for my favorite wedding vendor. She is AMAZING and I have some serious love for her as a person and a professional. Hair and make-up was probably the most important thing to me (forget florals! look at meeee!) and so Shaune was the very first vendor I booked. I knew I wanted to look as beautiful as possible for my wedding and when I saw Shaune's portfolio I knew I had to hire her. Shaune and two of her artists worked their magic on a total of 11 ladies for my wedding. These ladies were half-Vietnamese and half-Indian, Trinidadian, and half-Ugandan and half-Sierra Leonian. Basically, it doesn't matter the color of your skin, Shaune can do it. It doesn't matter your hair type, if you book Shaune for hair and make-up she will make sure everyone is taken care of.

Do not hesitate to book Shaune if you are nervous about the price she is WORTH EVERY PENNY! Aside from her talent, she makes sure to stock a huge array of high quality products. That alone would cost hundreds of dollars if you were to do your make-up yourself (and you still would not have as many products as her and her team!). Also, I don't know about you, but there is no way I could do what Shaune does even if I watched 100 youtube tutorials! She will seriously make you look breathtakingly beautiful. While I was getting my make up done whenever someone walked by me I would hear a gasp and see a huge smile spread across their face (and Shaune wasn't even done yet!). Shaune's team continued to do touch ups throughout the day and made adjustments as necessary (i.e. one person wanted to remove her eyelashes because she wasn't used to them, etc.). Most importantly, getting ready with Shaune and her team was so much fun! My ladies loved hanging out with them and I know I didn't want them to leave when they finished! If I ever have to book hair and makeup for anything in the future I will go with Shaune. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND BOOK SHAUNE NOW!!!

Profile Picture Ashley, 2/3/17, 11 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Updos/Styling, Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes

Shaune was so awesome! She is very talented and very professional. I felt immediately comfortable with her and knew that I was in good hands. Shaune made me feel like I was a celebrity, and at the end of my session I felt like I looked like one too! I highly recommend! I also chose to get my hair done too. Shaune hooked me up with Renata, who was also equally as awesome. These two ladies really knew how to make you feel like a queen. I can't thank them enough for their positive, warm and willing attitudes. They were a complete dream team!

Profile Picture Lauren, 1/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

One of Shaune's apprentices, Renata, did our hair and makeup for the wedding and I could not have been more pleased with everything from start to finish. She has a true gift. If you book her, you will not be disappointed! Everyone looked gorgeous!!!!

Profile Picture Andrea, 10/8/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

From the first time I contacted Shaune to the day of the wedding, working with Shaune and Norma was just extremely easy, pleasurable and fun! Shaune was very attentive to what type of look I was envisioning and boy did she deliver! Everyone looked amazing. Even towards the end of the night - my makeup was intact AND fabulous. I have no doubt in my mind that Shaune and her team are THE best in the area!

Thanks Shaune!

Profile Picture Aiysha, 8/27/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Licensed, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Blowouts, Textured Styling, Updos/Styling

Shaune is truly exceptional. She made me and my bridesmaids look and feel stunning. I could not have asked for a better makeup job. My husband loved that I still looked "like me" and not an overdone clown! I received so many compliments about how classy my makeup looked. You must use Shaune!!!

Profile Picture Whitney, 7/30/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I would book Shaune again in a heart beat!! Shaune is truly a perfectionist at her job and a gem to work with. I booked Shaune to do makeup for myself and my 4 bridesmaids. My bridesmaids and I all looked amazing during the wedding, all our family and friends couldn't stop raving about how we looked!! Shaune was extremely pleasant to work with during the entire wedding process. I truly loved her work and can't wait to recommend her and use her service again for upcoming events! A million thank you's wouldn't be enough!! thank you so much for helping to bring out our inner beauty!!

Profile Picture Belinda, 7/3/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes

Don't look any further. You will look fantastic. Shaune and Leontyne were fabulous. I have never looked so good and neither had my girls. We all wished they could come with us everyday to get us ready. It was fun, easy and painless and did I mention, I looked gorgeous! Well worth it. We can't wait to do a makeup class with Shaune!

Profile Picture Megan, 6/4/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Blowouts, Hair Extensions, Updos/Styling, Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists

Shaune was AMAZING to work with. I felt absolutely stunning, and her personality made the entire experience so wonderful for us. We had a lot of laughs, jokes and great times together. All my bridesmaids commented on how beautiful they felt, and I felt extremely confident with how I looked. Her assistant for hair, Deon, was also a joy to work with. They made a fantastic team and were very timely and efficient.

Very last minute I added on airbrush, and Shaune was efficient enough to include it in and was a true professional. I would definitely recommend her for your big day, and I will be recommending her to fellow friends that have upcoming weddings.

Thank you so much Shaune and Deon!

Profile Picture Sreeya, 5/29/16, 5 Reviews