124 Reviews for Sharyn Frenkel Photography

Additional Hours (2)
Liability Insurance (1)
Canvas (1)
123 Sharyn Frenkel Photography Reviews

Sharyn did our engagement photos and they came out perfectly! We felt so comfortable working with her! She was relaxed, cool, and creative. Thank you so much Sharyn! We will cherish these photos for the rest of our lives!!

Profile Picture Simone, 11/22/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Digital Files

Not only was Sharyn the first vendor we booked for our wedding, she met all expectations! She photographed my sister's wedding a couple years ago and we were so impressed with how she worked with our family and bridal party that we knew we wanted to book her for our wedding. Her photos speak for themselves (on her website or Facebook page) but the overall experience was just as great - very personable, flexible and creative.

Profile Picture Joe, 9/30/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations

Sharyn is an absolute doll and her talent is unparalleled. She shot our engagement, family photos, and wedding and we will use her again and again. She captures it all with a softness, elegance and distinct style that is positively enchanting. With Sharyn, no detail goes overlooked, and her photo journalistic style tells your story with rich emotion and authenticity. Added bonus: she's a blast to work!

Profile Picture Laura, 9/9/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

I first met Sharyn when she photographed the wedding of one of my oldest and dearest friends in 2013. I was a bridesmaid in this wedding, and I was immediately impressed with Sharyn during that event. She was efficient and kind, making sure we got to enjoy the cocktail hour fully. When I saw her work for this wedding, I knew I’d be calling her in the future!

We booked Sharyn over a year before our wedding on 6/23/17. An engagement session was included with our package, so we spent a few hours getting to know Sharyn during this shoot. She was so fun and we clicked with her right away. She was totally fine with doing part of our shoot in our favorite bar, and she got some incredible shots. Before our wedding, she took the time to send us a detailed questionnaire and discuss final details with us over the phone. In the days leading up to the event, she kept in touch via text to let us know about timeline, arrivals, etc.

Sharyn and her team were so easy to work with on the day of our wedding. They were incredibly fun to be around, and they paid very close attention to pictures we had requested, while making some great suggestions. It was an incredibly humid day, with intense sun one minute and thunderstorms threatening the next. At one point, I was sweaty and flustered, and Sharyn’s assistant whipped out a phone-powered fan!! I forgot my dress hanger at the venue for pictures, and Sharyn had one ready to use in her car—this team thinks of EVERYTHING and they come prepared!

I am absolutely DYING to see the photos she is currently working on from our wedding. In the days following, she sent us a few amazing teasers and included some shots in a social media post or two. We were so satisfied with our engagement shoot, that I know we will be absolutely in love with these photos! We will have incredible mementos of the best day of our lives. Thank you, Sharyn, a thousand times!! ☺

Profile Picture Elyce, 6/23/17, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Engagement Shoot

Where do I even begin?! We are so happy we chose Sharyn Frenkel as our wedding photographer. Both she and her assistant Stephanie were professional, unobtrusive and just wonderful people inside and out. We couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Sharyn was very insightful from beginning to end. We booked her about a year and a half before our wedding (we planned WAY in advance so I didn't become a bridezilla!!), and she was always quick to answer my questions during that time. Included in our package was an engagement shoot, which was so much fun. The photos were adorable & perfect for our wedding website! As we got closer to our wedding day, she sent us a detailed questionnaire to ensure everything went smoothly on the big day. She followed up after we filled out the questionnaire and suggested sunset photos on the beach (our wedding was in Cape May, NJ). The sunset photos were absolutely beautiful and left us speechless.

Some people argue that photography isn't art, but Sharyn's photography truly says otherwise. Her photos speak for themselves by showcasing raw, human emotion. There were no dramatic shots, awkward angles, or over-the-top mumbo jumbo. It was simply US, and we fell in love with that. Sharyn's editing skills concentrated on color and attention to detail. It took her about two months to get everything back, but it was well worth the wait. We couldn't be happier.

For those who are looking for romantic, journalistic, budget-friendly and memorable photographs, Sharyn Frenkel Photography is the wedding photographer for you! There's simply no comparison ;)

Profile Picture Kaitlyn, 6/2/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Proofs, One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images

Sharyn was fantastic to work with! She did our engagement and wedding pictures and they turned out amazing! She has a great eye and also made us feel very comfortable. I would highly recommend her!

Profile Picture User6447215, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs

From the moment I checked out Sharyn's portfolio, I knew I wanted her to photograph our wedding. It was very important to my husband and I that we find someone who could capture all the special moments without "direction or staging." Sharyn completely matched up with that, and truly, our wedding photos turned out more incredible than I could have imagined. She was extremely receptive to any questions or concerns that my husband and I had through the entire process and was quick to respond from the first day we contacted her. She was very good about communicating plans as we got close to the wedding day. The day of she was on time and professional. Even after I mixed up the hotel the guys were at, Sharyn and Stephanie were calm, cool, and collected. Most importantly for us, they were able to capture so many special moments from our wedding day. Both our photo session and our wedding photos were gorgeous. I could not recommend her enough. Best photographer in the Philadelphia area!

Profile Picture Christina, 10/22/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, Digital Files

Sharyn is amazing! I used Sharyn Frenkel Photography for my wedding and could not be happier. Sharyn is a nice mix of fun and professional. She kept us on schedule and got amazing and unique shots for our first look, ceremony and reception. She has a great eye and made us feel comfortable. The preview shots I received are better than I could have imagined!

Profile Picture Leila, 10/16/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

I've known Sharyn for years and I've always admired her work. It was a no-brainer to have her capture one of the biggest days of my life! Sharyn is such a super-sweet and kindhearted person, that once you meet her, you will feel like you've known her for years. Having someone like her makes your big day that much more relaxing and nerve-free! Sharyn and Stephanie did such a fantastic job and blended in so well at the wedding that we didn't even notice anyone taking photos. They both have such an artistic eye and will capture each beautiful moment (even ones you would never think to take a picture of!) Im absolutely in love with all of our photos from both our engagement session and wedding day. It's sure going to be hard to choose the pictures we want to fill our albums!

Profile Picture Christie, 10/1/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography

I cannot say enough about how incredible Sharyn and Stephanie are! They captured stunning moments and had such a calming presence. I absolutely love their aesthetic and you can see in the photos how passionate they are about their work. I highly recommend them to anyone - they are wonderful and both my husband and I are so happy that we chose them for our special day.

Profile Picture alix, 9/10/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sharyn and Gary did an amazing job shooting our wedding. They were so professional and great to work with! Jon and I would (and have) highly recommend Sharyn!

Profile Picture Lisa, 8/27/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sharyn and Stephanie shot our wedding photos this past February, and did an absolutely wonderful job. They were punctual, professional and calm. We had a small wedding and wanted to make sure to take photos with all of our guests. Sharyn and Stephanie were very organized and made sure to get all of the photos, and also took beautiful candid shots of all our guests during the day. They even remembered that one family had been unable to attend the ceremony and photos afterward, and made sure to get us together for photos during the reception. Sharyn is very responsive to emails. We did not want to do a "first look" before the ceremony, and I appreciate that Sharyn did not push us to do one. She also did our engagement photos, which we loved.

Profile Picture Zi-Xiang, 2/20/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

I have second shot for Sharyn I am a photographer as well), so it was a no-brainer when asking her to shoot my Wedding day. I know from experience that she will make the day effortless, the photographs will be stunning and that many smiles will happen. She is prompt, quick at problem solving, and is very personable. Sharyn works hard at making her clients feel at ease and comfortable in the planning process. She is available if you have any questions and is crystal clear on how her business operates and how your Wedding day will go.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 10/18/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Working with Sharyn was one of the easier choices we made in the wedding planning process. Her soft, romantic style of photography is exactly what we were looking for, and her prices were reasonable (especially compared to some of the other photographers we spoke with). On the day of our wedding, we had expressed to Sharyn and her assistant Stephanie that we wanted to attend our cocktail hour, so they made sure that we kept on schedule and got most of the pictures done beforehand (which is much easier said than done!!). We got the photos just about two months after the wedding and they are absolutely stunning. I couldn't be happier with the job that she did and would absolutely recommend her to anyone looking for a great wedding photographer!

Profile Picture Mary, 5/30/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sharyn of Sharyn Frenkel Photography was simply a dream to work with from the first time we met to the last hour of my wedding day. She is one of the sweetest, most down to earth and creative individuals I have ever met. Sharyn took our engagement photos as well as our wedding photos. She made me and my fiancé feel completely relaxed and at ease during the engagement shoot and had many tremendous ideas to make our photos appear candid and super special. On our wedding day Sharyn and AWESOME second shooter Stephanie, caught all of the special moments. Because of them, I can physically look back on my big day and remember all of it for the rest of my life. I have nothing but positive things to say about Sharyn and Stephanie and I plan on hiring them in the future for other smaller photo shoots!

Profile Picture Janelle, 11/2/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sharyn and her assistant, Stephanie, were so amazing to have with us on our special day! We are so pleased with the photographs and how well we worked together that we will definitely be using her in the future. The pictures came back to us just shy of 8 weeks later and we are so happy with the result! amazing!! The only thing I wish was a little different is that there were some ALMOST amazing photos that would have been picture perfect if something was changed a little (i.e. moving a cup/food out of the shot, unbunching the train of my dress during portraits, etc.) Things that you don't always see as the bride, but wish someone told you while the pics were being taken. I don't have any shots that show off the train of my dress because in the 3 pics we have, its bunched up and you can't see the scalloped lace edge, which I didn't know at the time :-( Other than that, I have no complaints! I can't wait to see how the albums turned out! We are DEFINITELY going to book with Sharyn in the future and would recommend her to anyone! I love the soft and romantic feel to her pictures... GORGEOUS.

Profile Picture Tee, 10/18/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography

My wife and I are so thankful that we found Sharyn Frenkel Photography! In the beginning of our planning stages, we knew that photography was our number one priority. Well, the search was over as soon as it started when we found Sharyn's reviews on wedding wire and looked at previous work on her blog. We booked our date right away and never looked back!

We first met Sharyn when she met us to shoot our engagement photos. Sharyn was flexible with available dates (which is crazy, because she is always working!) and met us at the location of our choice. On a personal note from the moment we met, both my wife and I felt very comfortable working with Sharyn. It was very clear that we had made a great choice. The pictures from our engagement session were beautiful and received quickly.

Now, on to the big day...Sharyn and Stephanie were our photographers for the wedding. I'm not sure how else to word this other than the fact we had a lot of fun working with both of them. We were already at ease because of our engagement shoot and their positive energy was a big part of a great experience on our wedding day. In my opinion, their style allowed us to capture even better pictures. There is a minimal amount of directing or positioning which resulted in much more natural photographs.

We received our wedding photos quickly and were blown away by them. While I love black and white photography, the color in these pictures is stunning. There are simply no words to describe it accurately - they are incredibly rich. There are pictures from multiple locations and lighting situations, starting at our hotel then moving outside and finally ending at our venue, The Franklin Institute. All of the shots are excellent in their own right - the lighting and color are perfect.

As we went through our proofs, we found that we were marking almost all of them as "favorites" - I have no idea how we will come to a final decision regarding our album!

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/4/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

My Wife and I used Sharyn for her Photography skills and got so much more. Sharyn is a very down to earht Photographer who adjusts to your needs, not only are her photos specatular but she captures each moment so perfectly. Her and the Photographer she brought with her were everywhere in the moment and yet they weren't a burden (meaning they weren't in the way of the celebration) The photos came out beautful as Sharyn did perfect in creating moments and editing the photos. I cannot say enough on how much you should Use Sharyn.

Profile Picture Kyle, 10/3/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sharyn was absolutely wonderful! Her photos are not only breathtaking but she's a pleasure to work with as well! I really love how she captured every single detail that went into our special day and the incredible candids of our guests- through Sharyn's photos I'm happy to say that I will be able to relive my wedding for years to come! I highly recommend Sharyn to be your photographer for your next event!

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/5/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sharyn did my wedding this past April and did such a great job. We made it fun and creative and the whole bridal party enjoyed it. Her service and flexibility made everything easy for me. I just got my photos back and I absolutely love them! I am getting tons of compliments and couldn't be happier with how they turned out. She and her assistant were open to any and all ideas that I had. Awesome work, highly recommend!!

Profile Picture Ashley, 4/26/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

I have had the pleasure of working with Sharyn on several occasions. She has taken pictures of my niece for the holidays the last couple of years. Sharyn has a unique talent for capturing the pure essence and joy of her subjects. I will continue to use her services anytime I need a photographer.

Profile Picture Liz, 12/17/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I absolutely love the work Sharyn did for our engagement photos! She listened to everything I wanted and made sure we didn't miss out on any of the poses I was hoping to have. She was so friendly and such a team player because was it cold out!

We have gotten nothing but wonderful comments on our pictures so much so we have decided to use them as part of our wedding favors.

I am so happy we found her!!

Profile Picture Leonor, 12/15/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sharyn has photographed several of my friends' weddings over the past few years, and we were thrilled to have her on board for our big day this May. From the early details of the day through the end of the reception, Sharyn and her team stealthily navigated around us without making it feel like we were constantly being shot. At one point we even joked that we hoped she was there for the wedding because we barely noticed her at some points in the day. Trust me, that's a big plus when you have everyone else at the wedding watching you all day/night.

Sharyn is super friendly and responsive, and was open to any ideas we had as the day went along. The photobooth she set up was a big hit with our guests and got some of our funniest of the night. Overall a very positive experience and I'd definitely recommend her to others.

Profile Picture User2481104, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

As a Wedding Coordinator I have had the pleasure of working with Sharyn professionally several times and she is amazing. Her and Gary are not only incredible photographers but they are a total delight to be around. In March, I got to work with Sharyn and Gary as they photographed my older brother's wedding. Once again, they proved to be awesome! I always refer clients, and family, to Sharyn and I will continue to do so!

Profile Picture Kate, 3/23/13, 1 Review