Shannon Matos Photography Reviews

Shannon Matos Photography 3
Shannon Matos Photography 4
Shannon Matos Photography 5

Samantha · Married on 08/10/2019

Thankful for Shannon! You won’t be disappointed!

My husband and I feel beyond blessed for having found Shannon and her team! If you have any nerves about picking a photographer, rest assured Shannon and her team got your back! Shannon goes above and beyond her duties as a photographer. On our way to our engagement shoot we felt a little nervous about being able to take good pictures, or how to stand, etc. Shannon and Amanda made us feel so comfortable and guided us kindly into taking some of the best photos we have. We felt more confident about being able to get good wedding photos after that. On our wedding day Shannon made me feel so wonderful, and relaxed for all our pictures! Someone’s energy is not something you first think of when figuring out important qualities for a photographer but her energy played a huge part in us having such terrific photos! I truly felt like she was a friend, and just one of the girls! Everyone at the wedding made comments about her and her team and how fantastic they were... clearly not only Cam and I saw it! When we got our photos we were blown away! Our photos were even better than we ever could have imagined! They captured EVERYTHING important to us about our special day, and more! All our friends who looked at the online link made comments about how incredible the photos were and how Shannon and her team really captured the entire story! Shannon is phenomenal in every way and we would highly recommend her to anyone who asks...or doesn’t! Thank you a million times over Shannon Matos Photography!!!!

Sent on 11/27/2019

Alyssa · Married on 09/15/2018

Choosing Shannon as our photographer was the easiest decision we made during wedding planning!

Choosing Shannon as our wedding photographer was by far the easiest decision we made during wedding planning! Shannon is professional, organized and willing to go above and beyond for her clients in any way that she can. I would highly recommend her to friends and family! My husband and I do not like our photos taken and were a bit nervous for our engagement photos. But, as soon as we started taking pictures and she was able to get our crazy dog to sit still for pictures, we were immediately relieved! At our engagement shoot, we were able to get more comfortable in front of the camera and get the nerves out before the wedding! When Shannon and I were building our timeline prior to the wedding, Shannon had asked what we looked forward to the most on our wedding day. And for us, it was to eat, drink, and have fun with family and friends, so she suggested doing a first look. It was THE BEST decision we made. We were able to get the nerves out of the way in a private setting AND avoided having to leave cocktail hour for photos! Shannon and her team executed on the wedding day FLAWLESSLY. They captured every little moment from that day, even a friend who face-timed into our wedding from Australia! The photos came out more beautiful than we could have ever imagined. On the day of, they even packed a thoughtful emergency kit with extra bobby pins, makeup wipes, etc. , so that you could continue looking amazing all day long! We look forward to working with Shannon and her team again for family photos in the future!

Shannon Matos Photography 6
    Sent on 10/25/2018

Amanda · Married on 07/22/2018

We used Shannon for both our engagement photos and wedding day. We could not be happier with Shannon's work! For our engagement photos, she made sure to get us our photos before she went on a trip (a few days later) because she did not want to worry about them on her trip. She must have worked for hours non-stop to get us those pictures and they were more than we could have asked for! As far as our wedding pictures, we only have a few preview pictures so far but the ones we do have are magazine worthy! We have gotten so many comments on them that we are so excited to see the rest of them!! Shannon and her second shooter Jess were amazing and were willing to leave whatever they were doing during our cocktail hour to come and get some shots of my husband and i hitting golfballs on the driving range :) Something I was very adamant about was having 2 shooters for the wedding and all of Shannon's packages come with a second shooter. Shannon responds to email so quickly and is always willing to lend some advice, even if its not photography related. She is so knowledgable about every aspect of weddings that you are not only getting a photographer but a great resource. I would recommend Shannon and her crew to anyone that asks and may even use her in the future for some family photos! ;) She is worth every penny!! Thank you so much Shannon! You are amazing!

Shannon Matos Photography 7
    Shannon Matos Photography 13
    Shannon Matos Photography 14
    Sent on 08/08/2018

Stephanie · Married on 07/29/2017

Very responsive! Moved everything along. We loved working with Shannon!

Sent on 07/31/2017
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 08/31/2016

Pure Talent!

We are so glad that we chose Shannon Matos Photorgraphy for our wedding photographer! From the first day that we met her we loved her vibe! Shannon presents as a professional, but easy going and down to earth, talented photographer- and that’s exactly what we were looking for! On the day of our wedding Shannon, Kristen, and Amanda proved to be so much more than talented photographers! They all made sure that all of the girl’s dresses and hair looked on-point for pictures and even took my bridal bag to our venue for me! They truly listened to what we wanted as our photography style and followed through! On the wedding day we never felt like they were in the way and honestly I forgot that our wedding was even being photographed during our ceremony and first dances! They all worked beautifully with our videographer as well! Shannon shared a handful of pictures with us just days after our wedding and we were blown away! Typically we would wait to see the finished product prior to providing a review- but we just couldn’t wait! Thank you Shannon, Kristen, and Amanda for going above and beyond to make sure that our wedding day was everything that we wanted!

Sent on 06/07/2019

Kristen · Married on 08/20/2016

This is a review for both Jen Osojnicki and Shannon Matos because we were lucky enough to have them as a team for my September wedding:

Can I give more than 5 stars?!

I booked Jen Osojnicki for my wedding after seeing amazing pictures she had done for a co-workers wedding. Leading up to the wedding I stalked her website and continued to be amazed at the pictures she would shoot, especially her pictures from our venue, The Jones River Trading. Before our wedding day came we got the news that Jen would be turning over her business to another photographer, Shannon Matos. My husband and I feel so lucky to have had Shannon as a second photographer for our wedding while she was training to take over Jen’s business. We truly have nothing bad to say about either of them and both Shannon and Jen worked so hard to make sure we had amazing pictures from our wedding. I was so impressed to see their creative minds at work, figuring out where and how to get the perfect shots at our venue. It’s easy to see that both of them are passionate about their work, and they are both truly so sweet and easy to work with. We ended up with around 800 pictures from the wedding and I cannot even tell you how many times I’ve already looked through all of them. Leading up to the wedding everything about our booking/planning process was flawless and organized; they even came up with a timeline for us and the bridal party for the day-of the wedding which helped ease a lot of anxieties. On the day of the wedding they showed up early and ready to go. I cannot forget to mention Jen’s assistant Bridget who is similarly so sweet and so genuinely helpful. A special shout-out goes out to Bridget for sewing the bustle of my dress because it had broken at some point during the day! I feel lucky that we had Jen for one of her last weddings and would recommend Shannon to anyone looking for a photographer for an event.

Sent on 10/15/2016