Shane Welch Photography Reviews

16 | Seattle, WA

16 Reviews for Shane Welch Photography

caitlin · Married on 01/01/2017

Shane is the whole package, and he delivers it effortlessly. From our very first Skype call with Shane, he was easy to talk to and collaborate with. He really listened to all of our ideas, and found the perfect place for our photos. While we were taking the pictures Shane had us laughing practically the whole time, so our time together felt more like hanging out with a friend than anything else.
    Before our shoot, Shane had previously spent a whole day scoping out the place for the most picturesque spots as well as a few extra hours the morning of our shoot. When we showed up, he already had a handful of places he thought would work well. He was also extremely flexible and encouraging of our want to take some pictures with our dog, and in our Seahawk jerseys (GO HAWKS!).
    Shane's direction while taking pictures was clear, and we never felt awkward. We received our edited pictures less than a week after our photo shoot, and were nothing short of satisfied with the results.
    Some extra notes: Shane laid down in the back of a cave and in running water "for the perfect shot!", he waited around with us for an extra 45 minutes for the hope of catching a beautiful sunset (sadly didn't happen), and he provided us with pretzels and gummy bears as we gallivanted around for 4 hours.
    Shane's passion for what he does comes through in every step of the process--from planning, taking the pictures, and editing them. To say he loves what he does would be a severe understatement. We will definitely be going to him in the future for any other professional pictures. Chance and I couldn't recommend a photographer more highly than Shane! !

Sent on 03/03/2016

Meg · Married on 10/22/2016

Shane is so talented, we are thrilled with our wedding photos! He was a pleasure to work with and I would highly recommend him. He is easy-going, fun, organized, and most importantly an AMAZING photographer. Our photos are full of nature and dreamy lighting. Shane captured many important and memorable wedding day moments, we are so grateful.

Sent on 12/11/2016

PavitrA · Married on 06/18/2016

I can't even describe how amazing Shane was to work with. He is the most easy going photographer I have worked with! There was not one picture I did not like that he was worth every penny!

For our engagement pictures we ran around the city of Chicago for 2 hours and he made the whole experience so fun! He was so creative with his shots! We started in the evening and continued on until dusk and had nights me views of the city. It was great!

We were so lucky with our wedding day! The weather was absolutely amazing we couldn't have asked for a better day. Shane arrived with our videographer right on time. They just did their thing and took pics of my dress, us girls getting ready, the rings and the city views. I barely knew he was there! We got a little late start for our first look pictures and me being trying to be very much needing to be on time Shane was so cool about letting me know it's fine, don't worry we are going to take amazing pictures and just enjoy yourself! Again, he was very creative on all his shots! We took all our pics on the river walk and on the bridge downtown. There were times I felt super sick and thought I was going to pass out and I kept holding strong and he and his assistant were so amazing and kept feeding me almonds and just wanted to make sure I would be ok. They were the most patient people and wanted to make sure we were all having fun! What I loved even more was that he made a point to capture each and every one of our guests whether it was during cocktail house, dinner or dancing! That was so important to me and it meant so much to go through our pictures and to know that everyone was involved!

He was worth every penny and I am so glad we used him for our wedding! Thank you so much Shane for everything!!!

Sent on 08/25/2016

Lauren · Married on 05/16/2016

Shane was absolutely, hands down the best money we spent on our destination wedding in the Florida Keys. Having a photographer that you genuinely enjoy is so important to your wedding day - he is the vendor you will spend the most time with. Having Shane photographing us was like having a hilarious buddy hanging out with a camera. We laughed a lot and had a great time taking photos, which helped us relax and look natural in our pictures. Shane went above and beyond for our engagement and wedding photos, heading to the site a day early to find the best spots for photos so the actual picture taking was efficient. He is so passionate and has a very clear vision. We could not be happier with our photos, they are beautiful and really capture our wedding day. Our bridal party and family also loved having him around. He is not intrusive but still managed to get all of our intimate moments. He's just great and you will love him as well!

Sent on 06/13/2016

Best photographer in the city, hands down!

Sent on 05/01/2015

Ally · Married on 08/15/2015

We absolutely loved every minute of working with Shane. We hired him for our engagement and wedding day photos. He was great accommodating both my husband and I with engagement photos when we had two completely opposite ideas of what we wanted - I wanted photos inside a baseball stadium, while he wanted more traditional landscape/skyline photos. Shane was very easy going and helped us get both. Not only that, but the pictures were stunning and I haven't even written about the wedding photos! The wedding photos were absolutely gorgeous and really captured the "story" of our special day. In addition to taking amazing pictures and being very easy to work with, Shane takes pride in his work and goes the extra mile with research, scouting and planning to make sure your pictures are perfect. Many wedding pictures I see tend to be staged and forced, Shane is great at capturing moments so you don't have to stage photos. He's incredibly talented, fun to work with and fair with his pricing. We seriously loved working with him! Seattle is about to gain a wedding photography super star!

Sent on 08/30/2015

Jenn · Married on 05/12/2012

Shane was one of our favorite vendors. He was extremely helpful in deciding where to take photos -- he knows Chicago well and has scouted just about every place. He is SO talented and even made our rainy, windy wedding day look fabulous. Every time, he went above and beyond in making sure that we had stunning pictures to share.

Sent on 05/29/2012
  • User2534969 · event on 04/21/2012

Shane is an awesome photographer! My husband and I were fortunate to have found him amongst many ads that scrolled along the side of our Facebook page when looking for someone to do our engagement photo shoot. Shane is timely, professional, and easy to work with. He cares about his clients and the quality of his work. He took the time to meet with us before our shoot and even scouted out great spots throughout the city that surely proved to make amazing photo opts after viewing the final product. I'd definitely recommend Shane and look forward to working with him again soon!

Sent on 07/11/2012

Emily · Married on 11/26/2011

Shane did our engagement and wedding photography. He is extremely talented and highly skilled at what he does . He knows exactly what to do to get the "perfect shot." We had so many complements on our engagement photo's, I wasn't sure if we could top them with the wedding photo's but they turned out just as beautiful. He is open to any suggestions and ideas, and is not afraid to give his opinion on what he thinks would look best (and is often right!) He was very open to go where ever we wanted to for the engagement photo's and even suggested some great locations. He has a fantastic personality and very easy to work with. You can tell how much he enjoys what he does, and it shows through his work. He is super reliable and has very high integrity. I would highly recommend Shane for any of your photography needs, especially if you are looking to do some unique (non-cliche) photo's. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 07/17/2012

Mary · Married on 10/08/2011

Shane was our wedding photographer and did an incredible job!! He was very creative and self-motivated to find good spots for us to take pictures, even in a city he wasn't very familiar with. He was very flexible with meeting with us and emailing back quickly when we had a few last minute changes to the schedule right before our wedding. He posted a sneak peak to facebook right away so we could see a few pictures when we were on our honeymoon, which we loved!! We would highly recommend him and would use him again in the future :D Good job Shane!

Sent on 07/12/2012

Claire · Married on 09/10/2011

Shane was our photographer for our wedding and he did an amazing job! He also did our engagement shoot and the pictures turned out beautifully. He is very easy to work with and his laid back attitude helped us to relax in our pictures. We were not entirely certain about where we wanted to take pictures and he did a great job of scouting out cool locations for our pictures. Shane was recommended to us by our friends, and then we recommended him to my brother and two other friends who were all very happy with their wedding and engagement pictures as well. Hopefully we will see him at another wedding again soon!

Sent on 07/17/2012

Lauri · Married on 07/16/2011

Shane is wonderful to work with!! We had him at our wedding and we have recommended him to all of our close friends since! He photos are just classic yet unique. We have some of his photos framed and in our house as art too....people always give us compliments. He definately made our wedding day much more at ease and so very memorable! Love him!

Sent on 09/07/2012

Jaime · Married on 07/03/2011

Shane was one of the greatest investments we made for our wedding day. He is professional and creative, yet laid-back and flexible - a wonderful combination for a photographer! For our engagement photos, we spent at least an hour on the phone before-hand (I was coming in from out of town) to discuss the vision for the shoot, locations, and outfits. He was always positive, encouraging, and leading us towards what was best for my fiancé and I and what we wanted. Not only that, but he put us at total ease for our photos, too!

And our wedding day... amazing. Could not have imagined any other photographer being a part of our day! He even did some location scouting (the wedding was not in Chicago) and found the most perfect location for our day after shots (which he came up with once he heard me say I was disappointed we wouldn't get any "non-urban" photos)... I felt so taken care of! We get compliments on our wedding photos every single time someone sees them, even if we've never met them before. Shane is amazing, and I would and DO recommend him to every one.

Sent on 08/13/2012

Paula · Married on 02/26/2011

My husband and I were impressed with Shane Welch from the very beginning. He is so professional and was such a pleasure to work with. His energy about his photography is contagious and it makes the entire experience so much fun! Shane did our engagement shots and our wedding shots and we were amazing by both sets of images. It is obvious that Shane is an extremely experienced documentary photographer because his style is unique and not typical of the wedding photography you would usually find. Instead of just having us line up next to each other and look at the camera, he had us all over the city taking amazing shots! Between the two shoots, we were downtown on a bridge, outside of the Trump Towers, outside of the House of Blues, at Union Station, and at an amazing alley in the loop. Everyone who has seen our photos is floored by how amazing they are. Shane was also very flexible with working out a contract that suited our needs, which is also not typical of the wedding photography factories in Chicago. If you are looking for a photographer who can give you some beautiful shots of your wedding, Shane is the best choice out there! We plan to continue to use him whenever we can!

Sent on 03/20/2011

Mandy · Married on 09/04/2010

Soooo good! We got married almost a year ago Labor Day weekend and Shane flew all the way to South Carolina from Chicago. Not only are our photos phenomenal but working with Shane was amazing. He was able to take photo ideas I wanted and turn them into masterpeices. His experience with weddings was also such a great help in matters beyond photography. We recieved our photos in a timely manner and a photo album layout which was awesome! Would recommend Shane to anyone wanting quality photos from an easy to work with and highly enjoyable photographer. I would get married all over again just to have Shane take more great photos of us :)

Sent on 08/10/2011

Tim · Married on 06/07/2009

Shane Welch did a wonderful job at our wedding. He was respectful, professional, and friendly. If you do not want run of the mill wedding photos, but want to capture the ethos of your big day, Shane Welch is the person for you. He was able to masterfully capture not only the people involved in our wedding, but also the environment surrounding it. Because Shane is also a nature photographer, he was able to incorporate the beautiful scenery around our wedding, one of the big reasons we had our wedding where we did in the first place. Shane is also a photo journalist. Consequently, the story of our wedding was magnificently captured, especially shots of our friends and relatives having fun on the dance floor that we would have missed had he not captured the moment on film. So to sum it up, if you want excellent modeling shots, masterful incorporation of your surroundings, and the telling of your story through photographs, then Shane Welch is the guy for you.

Sent on 08/21/2011