Shane and Lauren Photography Reviews

51 Reviews for Shane and Lauren Photography

• Katie

Katie · Married on 03/30/2019

West Coast Photographers Perfectly Capture East Coast Wedding

Working with Shane & Lauren was such a treat. We live on the east coast and got married in NC, and brought this duo all the way over from CA for our wedding pictures. Of course this is initially nerve wracking having never met them until contracts are already signed, paid, and it's the week of the wedding, but from day one they made us feel comfortable via email and video chats and I knew right away from talking to them (over a year before the wedding) that we HAD to have them at our wedding.
    They have a phenomenal style that showcases personality and attention to detail while also giving you this "too good to be true, has to be out of a magazine" feeling with their end product. We really got to relax with them with an at home engagement-type session the week of the wedding which I 10/10 recommend if you are out of state or did not have the opportunity to have them shoot your engagement photos since we not only got to know each other better, but who doesn't want more amazing photos with their sweetie?
    Day of they arrived professionally dressed, genuinely excited for our big day, and ready with professional equipment. They blended in perfectly to the flow of the day and were very accommodating with our parents asked for additional, large group family photos. They really listened to the important things we wanted captured...as well as the groomsman who was rocking sunglasses and his tie ninja-style around his head at the end of the night :) It. Was. Perfect.

Sent on 04/20/2019

Lauren · Married on 10/06/2018

Best Wedding Photographers!

Shane and Lauren truly outdid themselves on our big day and throughout our planning process. We would meet up with them at breweries from time to time to discuss the timeline and pricing and everything was always very organized and they were able to answer all of our questions. On our wedding day they arrived right on time, Lauren was with my bridal party while Shane was with my groom. It was awesome that they’re a package deal and can capture moments from both parties before your first look! They never told us to do too much posing, everything felt very natural and never forced. I love that our photos look very candid, and they did a great job of capturing all of the special, happy moments throughout our day! After our ceremony they took a ton of couples and family photos of all our guests. A lot of our relatives used these for their Holiday cards this year! The website they create for you with all of your photos makes it so easy to pick and choose the ones you want to use for albums and prints. Our photos came out beautiful and we couldn't be happier! We highly recommend Shane and Lauren for your special day!

Sent on 01/27/2019

Jessica · Married on 10/21/2017

Shane and Lauren were AMAZING as wedding photographers! They really take the time to make sure every shot was perfect, no matter what. They were soooo responsive in the wedding planning stage and created our timeline, they were so organized which I REALLY appreciated. The day of the wedding they were prompt and accommodating. They were great with direction and super professional. I would DEFINITELY recommend them for any family photos, engagement photos and especially wedding photos!

Sent on 10/25/2017

Kris D. · Married on 10/07/2017

Mozi Photography is absolutely amazing! Not only are Shane and Lauren extremely talented, creative photographers, but they exude passion for their photography. From the very beginning my wife and I knew that we had hit the jackpot and made the perfect choice. Shane and Lauren are so kind and down-to-earth. They really make you feel comfortable during the shoot. They were truly invested in our special day and wanted it to be perfect in every way, making sure that all the photos were elegant and timeless, but at the same time reflected the personalities of my wife and I and capturing the kinds of shots we wanted. We fell in love with how all the engagement and wedding shots turned out; they captured every moment we could have hoped for. Working with them was a fantastic experience.

Sent on 07/16/2013
  • Z

Zabrina · Married on 07/26/2017

Shane went above and beyond every expectation we had for a photographer. We had a very small family-only wedding in Big Sur and he generously worked with us on our budget. He was punctual, prepared and incredibly kind. Even our wedding planner was thanking me for introducing them. She said "I would love the chance to work with Shane again. He has a great eye and never stopped clicking. I saw him take extra time on those details." We can't wait to see what he captured.

Sent on 07/30/2017

Katie · Married on 05/06/2017

Wow! Where do I begin? Shane and Lauren were amazing! We did two locations for our engagement shoot, one of which they recommended and we loved it! They were so easy to work with and made both my fiance and I feel so comfortable. They were so accommodating to our wishes and desires from our engagement pictures and made every one of our visions come to life! They had great suggestions for "props" to bring along (i.e. wine and cheese to picnic on the boat-- which ended up being our favorites!) Thank you so much Shane and Lauren, you two are the best!

Sent on 07/02/2016

Shane and Lauren Photography's reply:

Thanks so much for the review Katie!! We loved getting to know you guys and are so happy we could do these photos for you! Shane + Lauren

Paige · Married on 02/18/2017

Shane and Lauren, Thank you for everything over this past year! The Two of you have been so incredible to work with. You two really captured the essence of our wedding day, despite the torrential downpour of rain. And we cannot thank you enough for working with us to photograph an additional Bride and Groom session on a sunnier day. It was so fun to get dressed up in our wedding attire and work with you again. XOXO Paige and Jeff

Sent on 08/28/2017

Amanda · Married on 09/24/2016

When we were searching for photographers for our wedding we knew that we wanted the best and we definitely got that with Shane and Lauren. They were so professional, easy to work with and creative. Our pictures were everything we wanted and more. They captured our day beautifully and even sent us the digital copies about a month after. They were truly amazing and if you are looking for photographers who will provide you with photos that you will cherish for forever, hire them!

Sent on 12/31/2016

Shane and Lauren Photography's reply:

Ahh, thanks so much guys! You truly made our day with this sweet review! We were so happy to be part of such a happy day in your lives! xo Shane + Lauren

Benet · Married on 07/30/2016

Hiring Shane and Lauren was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. They were awesome: super responsive in the lead-up to our wedding, and really wonderful at the wedding itself. Our wedding planner also talked about how great they were during planning and day-of. On our wedding day, Shane and Lauren arrived on-time and were also just a super calming presence when things got behind schedule during wedding prep. They were careful to get all of the family photo combinations we requested and also got some incredible pictures we had no idea they were taking! They delivered our photos to us, and we were blown away. We can't wait to share them with family and friends!

Sent on 09/03/2016

Emiy · Married on 07/02/2016

Fantastic! Shane and Lauren are so easy to work with and their work is beautiful.

Sent on 10/20/2016

Vanessa · Married on 11/13/2015

Easy to work with, very straight forward and no stress. They are so darn pleasant. I have a million things to say about their pictures and personalities, but all the other reviews and their website pictures say it all. They are perfection.

Whats really impressive are their tools. Their invoices are so easy to pay and their contract is clear and straight forward. They create checklists so they get all the photos you want. And the website link they give you to view photos is top notch. Anyone can download photos, it's organized, and so easy to use. If you want to download hundreds of photos, you click a button and the website e-mails you a zip drive in minutes.

Sent on 09/06/2016

Shane and Lauren Photography's reply:

Thanks so much for the review Vanessa, it means so much to us! We had so much fun getting to know you guys and your wedding day was amazing! So happy for you two!

Danielle · Married on 09/26/2015

From our first interaction through the completion of our wedding album, Shane & Lauren were such a joy to work with!!! My husband and I were planning from abroad, so our first meeting with them was over Skype – and we immediately connected with their warm and easygoing personalities. Throughout our entire planning process, Shane & Lauren were professional, organized, and responsive. When we met them in person for our engagement session in San Diego, they immediately made us comfortable in front of the camera. The photos turned out beautifully – and we even framed a few and used them as décor at our wedding.

On the actual wedding day - I especially appreciated their calm and joyful demeanors. Having vendors around you that are genuinely enjoying their jobs just adds to the positive energy that surrounds the day. They were great about posing us, directing our families and bridal party, and ensuring that we shot in a variety of scenes around our gorgeous venue. Despite the busy wedding season, they delivered the photos to us within the agreed upon time frame, and the end results were beyond our expectations! One of the reasons we decided to hire Shane & Lauren is because they shoot both film and digital – and we were so happy with the results. They did an amazing job capturing the beauty and spirit of the day – from the detailed shots of our wedding décor, to our first kiss as husband and wife, to the candid dance floor images.

We purchased a package with an album included, which we highly recommend! Lauren put together a stunning album and was so patient in working through the revisions I requested. We are so grateful to have these memories documented so beautifully. We will cherish them for years to come.

If you’re looking for a photography team who will treat you like old friends – with top notch customer service and incredible talent – then Shane and Lauren are it!

Sent on 04/13/2016

Heather · Married on 08/16/2015

Shane and Lauren are AMAZING!!!!! They were very flexible when we needed to change things around, and they have an amazing eye for photography! They are both so down to earth and easy to work with. It was also so neat to have the guy and girl perspective!!

Sent on 09/20/2015

Taylor · Married on 03/14/2015

Shane photographed my friend Melinda's wedding a few years ago and I knew when I got engaged, there was no other option for a photographer. Shane and Lauren are phenomenal. Their work is classy and natural where you look polished but still like yourselves. Every picture they got during our engagement shoot we look like US - having a beer, cracking up at each other, generally just being ourselves.

They take time to get to know you and not put you in scenarios that don't feel like you just for the sake of a good photograph. Don't drink coffee? Ok, let's go get pictures of you at a brewery. Don't eat gellato but you're in little Italy? Let's find amazing locations where you do YOU. There are ones of us cracking up, sticking my tongue out at my now husband, so many moments I had no idea they caught.

Our wedding day they were great with putting up with, well, a wedding day. They helped us build a time line that worked, wrangle our large and slightly crazy families, found locations on the hotel grounds we had NO idea existed, carried our beer and champagne for us (because after 2 hours of picture taking, you need a drink!), and were just generally wonderful.

They worked hard to make sure we got every picture we wanted - even if it involved me yelling "SHANE!" across the room when he was finally getting a break and he sprinted across to get a picture of me and my coworkers who stopped by the sweetheart table to say hello.

I cannot say enough about how much we love them - both as our photographers and as people. Your day will look as magical as you remember it in their pictures. Promise.

Sent on 03/17/2015

Cindy · Married on 01/17/2015

There is not enough great things we could say about Shane and Lauren Photography. They were the one and only photographers we met for our wedding, and the minute we met them we knew it was a perfect match! Not only is the work they produce beautiful but their calm and laid back personality made the whole process much more enjoyable and less stressful! Not only did we find great photographers through Shane and Lauren but we also made some new friends who are so fun to be around, even when they are taking your pictures:)
    Both Shane and Lauren have a natural ability to make you feel comfortable in an uncomfortable setting. Between Lauren focusing on the details and making sure everything looks just right and Shane making one-liners to get a natural smile and laugh, the process was so fun and a breeze! When our wedding day came, we had no doubt that both Shane and Lauren would do wonderful things. They took care of things and because of their relaxed attitudes we were able to purely enjoy our wedding day, and never once worry about getting enough pictures!
    When we received our pictures, we were amazed how they were able to capture everything from the entire wedding day! We both still get butterflies and cannot resist a smile on our face when we look back in the photos each time. We would absolutely recommend Shane and Lauren Photography to anyone looking for a duo who creates amazing beautiful work and also who are enjoyable to be around!

Sent on 03/26/2015

Shane and Lauren were such a pleasure to work with! They went above and beyond to make sure they captured everything on our special day. They were very professional and the photos turned out amazing!

Sent on 03/30/2015

Shane and Lauren are not only phenomenal photographers but also amazingly kind and genuine individuals. Hiring them was the best decision we made for our wedding. They will go above and beyond for you. Trust me, you will forever cherish your wedding photos!

Sent on 04/07/2015

Sather · Married on 09/27/2014

I was not able to write my full review here, because it's a maximum of 2000 letters. Visit yelp for my full review.

Shane and Lauren are not only and amazing photography team, but they're also amazing, thoughtful, artistic and genuine individuals! My husband and I met them years before our big day when their photography business was just getting started. I followed them on instagram and Facebook and watched their business take off so quickly and what seemed like effortlessly. Which is no suprise since their work is absolutely stunning! When it was time for us to start looking for a photographer I knew without a doubt that I wanted them to capture our memories. My husband insisted that we look around at least a little, but after comparing their work to a few other photograhers, he was on board too.

After I contacted them, communication was effortless, we did almost everything through email and Lauren was so good about responding quickly and answering all of my questions. She even covered things that I would never have thought to ask about, and they were super accommodating with times and dates. Although I would definitely recommend contacting them early like we did, because they book up quickly!

I rarely write reviews, but these two are truly amazing! Their work alone sets them apart enough for me to recommend them to anyone and everyone! But if you choose to work with them you get the added bonus of working with two of the nosweetest, most caring and truly creative individuals that you'll ever meet!

Sent on 05/17/2015

Rachel · Married on 08/31/2014

First off, what an amazing pair. Of all our vendors, we definitely spent the most time before and during the wedding with these two. I'm so thrilled that was the case. Not only are they a pleasure to talk to and be around, but they are an extremely organized and seamless team. That was sincerely appreciated by both the groom and I as we were more than a little scattered on the big day. Everything from Lauren driving to my father in law's to pick up the rings I had forgotten (whoooooops!) to Shane editing our photos that day and giving our friends and family cards with our picture and the link to view them -- the service they gave us was superlative.

We interviewed and considered many photographers, but there was never doubt in our mind that Shane and Lauren would be the ones to capture our day. They did an amazing job. We will cherish these photos for our entire lives. We already plan on coming back to them for family photos, baby photos, and pretty much anything we could ever need them for.

From the bottom of our hearts, THANK YOU so so much!

Sent on 09/13/2014
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 08/16/2014

I don't even know where to begin with Shane and Lauren-- because not only are they absolutely wonderful people to work with, but their work is beyond beautiful-- they were able to capture our special day in ways we didn't even think were possible. When we first met Shane and Lauren, we knew right away that we loved their work and then after chatting with them, we knew they'd be a perfect fit for what we were looking for... not just in terms of photography, but also in terms of personality. They are so calm, but gave direction, they were SUCH honest people, which we really appreciated and they gave us their opinion on things without trying to sway us one way or the other-- allowing us to really decide what we wanted to do for ourselves. We went ahead and met with other photographers, but they didn't compare. We just knew we wanted to be surrounded by people like Shane & Lauren on one of the biggest days of our lives. :) Throughout planning they were always quick to answer any questions or concerns we had-- they even sent us a little Christmas present during the holidays... so thoughtful! We absolutely loved our engagement photos, so we were super excited to see how the wedding photos would turn out, but didn't expect how amazing they would be and we haven't even gotten them all yet, so we still have so many other amazing photos to look forward to!

Before the wedding,they met with us to scope out the venue for spaces that would be great for photos. They even reached out to my florist to get flowers ahead of time for some of the detailed shots... I didn't have to worry about a thing! THEN, they surprised us with photos the DAY OF the wedding... which was SO special! We were so excited...all of the ones we saw came out so beautifully!! I can't say enough about these two-- not only were they wonderful to us, but my other vendors absolutely loved working with them too. We can't thank them enough for all the beautiful work they did for us. THANK YOU A MILLION!!!

Sent on 09/16/2014

Christina · Married on 08/02/2014

We knew Shane personally long before we got engaged. When we stated planning our wedding, we knew we wanted Shane and Lauren to photograph our wedding! From our engagement shoot to our wedding day, Shane and Lauren did not fall short. Our pictures tell a story and they are gorgeous. We got married August 2, 2014 and of all things, it began to rain and did not stop all day!mShane and Lauren worked as a team to make sure we still received beautiful shots. They worked so hard to make sure we received the same shots and care as a day where it wasn't raining. I will never forget them standing out on the grass in the pouring rain, Lauren holding an umbrella for herself and one over Shane so he could get our shots. My husband and I cannot thank them enough for everything they did to make our big day even better!! We love how unique and stunning our pictures have turned out. Truly, these pictures are one of a kind. Shane and Lauren's work is hard to come by. We highly recommend them for your big day!

Sent on 08/16/2014
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 07/26/2014

I seriously can not say enough wonderful things about Shane and Lauren Photography! Justin and I found Shane and Lauren through my best friend's family. They grew up in the same neighborhood as I did and even went to the same high school. Justin and I live in Texas now, so we had to work on things from afar and I could NOT be happier with the outcome of our experience. Shane and Lauren made everything so easy and there was never a moment I doubted choosing them! We are not people who enjoy being the center of attention but taking our photos was a breeze and we had so much fun. Everyone always tells you your wedding day will be busy, but we were seriously unprepared. We were rushed from spot to spot all day and we were so happy to be able to stop (take a deep breath) and take our pictures with them after the ceremony and on the beach at sunset. These moments were the only time all day that we got to spend time together as our first day as husband and wife. That's just the way weddings go I guess! Shane and Lauren made everything so special for us and I will cherish these photos for the rest of my life. We got so many compliments on their work as well as them as individuals, they are truly an amazing and talented couple. I would recommend Shane and Lauren Photography to anyone and everyone looking for an awesome experience with two awesome photographers. :)

Sent on 09/08/2014

Hayley M. · Married on 06/28/2014

We found Shane & Lauren on our venue vendor list which I researched every photographer thoroughly on it. When we got to them on the list & saw their work we were blown away! My husband is a photographer by hobby so picking out our wedding photographer was something I thought would be a challenge for us. We knew we didn't just want the typical wedding photographer & that we needed to find someone that had a cool and different style. We first met them when they came to LA to do our engagement shoot. My husband would rather be behind the camera than in front of it so I knew going into this shoot that he might be a little uncomfortable. Shane & Lauren right off the bat made us feel like we knew them forever & that made us feel at ease. My husband likes to shoot with 35mm & Shane was carrying one on him that day that he took a couple pictures of us on so the boys were able to talk photography talk together & right then I knew they were the perfect fit. Something we thought that was going to be a challenge for us was probably the easiest & best decision we made. We were thrilled with our engagement photos, which made us so excited to see what they would do on our wedding day. When Shane & Lauren arrived to the bridal suite the morning of our wedding I was so excited to see them. I knew right away that they were going to capture every magical moment & they were going to do it in the most beautiful & creative way. At the end of the night Shane & Lauren emailed me a link with a same day edit of some of their favorite photos, when we looked at them the next morning I was not only so excited & blown away with their work but I was so confident that they truly did capture all the magic in our special day! We received all wedding the photos quicker than we expected and they by far exceeded our expectations! Every shot is pure perfection! We can’t thank them enough & we are truly blessed that we found the most sweetest, talented, creative & awesome wedding photographers!

Sent on 09/04/2014

Alison · Married on 05/30/2014

What I was looking for in our wedding photographers and why we chose Shane and Lauren:

1. Photos that look natural and not overly processed or artificially posed.
    Shane is trained in film (old-school!) photography, which means he knows how to properly frame a photo artistically, without over-reliance on digital technology. Shane and Lauren's expert use of natural light and their knack for capturing impromptu moments produce photographs that look beautifully natural, ethereal, and effortless. The wedding and engagement photos that we received as part of our package were from both their digital cameras and their film cameras, which was really cool. Lauren's attention to detail made photos of all our wedding accessories (eg. rings, shoes, jewelry) look gorgeous, and highlighted a lot of the important details of our day that we wanted to remember. Their attention to detail also extends to their overall service. The digital photos they sent us were beautifully packaged in a custom thumbdrive inside a wooden box. They even sent us a very nice Christmas gift!

2. Flexibility: we had to plan our wedding remotely as we do not live in the same city as our wedding venue (San Diego).
    Shane and Lauren worked patiently with us via Skype, gchat, and email to work out the details and customize our package to ensure it was exactly what we wanted.

3. Reasonably priced.
    We did not have an elaborate wedding, and we also had a smaller budget. The value with respect to the quality of service and work that we got from Shane and Lauren was definitely the best that we could ever hope for.

Other highlights that we were impressed with:
    - Shane and Lauren were very respectful throughout all our wedding events. We barely noticed that they were there, and yet, we were pleasantly surprised by how many special moments and details they were able to capture.
    - Quick turnaround: ~1 month after our 05/30 wedding
    - They're just REALLY NICE PEOPLE!
    HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Sent on 07/04/2014

Alison,
    Thank you SO much for your extremely sweet review! We feel so lucky to have met you both and honored to be with you during such a special time in your life. Wishing you and Jyan all the best!

Shane & Lauren

Haley · Married on 05/03/2014

Shane and Lauren did our wedding photography on 5/3/14. They also did a mini engagement shoot with us at our rehearsal dinner because we don't live in the SD area. For both occasions they were GREAT!!!! Your wedding day can be so nerve racking and there are a lot of emotions going on. Shane and Lauren made us feel comfortable and listened to every need we had for the day. They were not pushy and when we needed a break or wanted to goof off they were great. It was such a relaxing, comfortable and FUN experience! Having a married couple being our photographers was also a special part because they remember what their day was like and empathized with us the entire day.

On top of being the most accommodating vendors we worked with the photographs were BEAUTIFUL!!!! I have received so many compliments on them! They also worked so hard that they edited some of the photos right then and there and made a mini slide show for me to see at the reception! I had no idea they were doing that and honestly it was such an amazing touch! To see the pictures the day of was amazing! Such a relief to see so many of them were already so beautiful, made me so excited to see the rest of them.

I cannot express how happy we are with the services we received from Shane and Lauren Photography. They made our day so special and the photos they took were so beautiful and last a lifetime. I highly recommend them to anyone who is in need of a great wedding photographer

Sent on 05/23/2014