Shalonda A. Inc. Reviews

37 | Redford, MI

37 Reviews for Shalonda A. Inc.

Roslyn · Married on 09/04/2015

Shalonda was heaven sent for all my wedding needs! I am attending graduate school out of state and, the majority of wedding planning took place electronically. Shalonda was professional and prompt with answering questions and insuring she could execute the wedding makeup that I dreamed of. I booked Shalonda for engagement photos, wedding trial, wedding day and bridal party makeup for five bridesmaids and the mother of the bride. She brought an assistant to ensure that she could cover our whole party. I could not be more happy with every experience I had with her. I was relaxed during application by her conversation and every face she touched looked absolutely beautiful. She was on time, we collaborated on an application schedule, and everything we talked about went as planned. Truthfully, we all shared a laugh because of the number of selfies everyone took! I would definitely recommend her service to anyone who has a special event coming up!

Kelley · Married on 10/26/2013

Shalonda, Shalonda, Shalonda!! I have nothing but amazing things to say about her work and professionalism!!

I have had my make-up done professionally tons of times, and have been left unimpressed. I felt like I could have done my face myself with less stress, and saved my money. I found Shalonda on instagram, and maneuvered my way to her website. I stalked her worked for hours before I decided that she had what it took to do my make-up for my wedding. I wanted to look absolutely flawless, and I wanted it to last all day and night.
    She arrived at the church before I did on my wedding and was ready for me as soon as I arrived. She was very sweet, and easy to talk to. She asked me what I was looking for, and went to town on my face. She took her time, and made sure I stayed cool, comfortable and relaxed. There was a lot going on in the room and around me, and she seemed to stay calm and collected. She focused on her work, she used clean brushes, talked to me about skin care, and worked her magic.

After she was done, she stuck around to make sure I was settled and happy. Even after my hair was done, she was there to touch my up, touch up my lips, dust my arms and chest with shimmer before I walked down the isle. I looked flawless in all my pictures.

I was so pleased with not only her work, but her patience, and how amazing of a person she is. I was a bridesmaid in another wedding 2 weeks later, and she came to my home, and made up my face again. She was very clean, and respectful of my house and my space.

If I ever need my make-up professionally done again, I will without hesitation be booking with Shalonda.

She is the very best in this area!

Shalonda was excellent. She did my make-up for my wedding and it was wonderful. She created a perfet elegant wedding look without making me look completely different. She listened to my opinions on different looks/colors etc and I was very very happy with the final result. I also cried about 5 times after she applied the make-up and it really didn't smear, smudge or run off. She is quick to reply to emails. Fun to talk to and interacted well with a large group of women getting their hair and make-up done. I've also never seen such a large collection of high quality make-up. She's literally got the entire Ulta and Sephora store in her suitcase! I would definetly contact Shalonda again for any further make-up needs.

Dawn · Married on 09/07/2013

Shalonda A Inc. provided absolutely AMAZING makeup services!

I had to search online for someone to do my bridal makeup. I wanted to make sure the artist I chose had experience working with various makeup styles, skin tones, and textures. Many of the wedding makeup sites I came across in Michigan did NOT reflect a wide range of styles or skin tones in their online portfolios. I stumbled upon Shalonda A.'s website through Wedding Wire, and was very impressed with the quality of the website and the online portfolio that was presented; which ranged from hot, trendy editorial styles of makeup to romantic, wedding styles of makeup.

I contacted Shalonda about pricing information and details, and appreciated how informative she was, and forthcoming about pricing information and her policies. Since I was planning a Michigan wedding from Pennsylvania, she had me send her pictures of my face and example pictures of what I wanted my wedding day makeup to look like. I booked her about a year in advance, which is a significant amount of time ahead of schedule to book for makeup, but it gave me peace of mind. Throughout that year, I contacted her on a few occasions about scheduling, skin care, and payments, and she always responded promptly.

We scheduled a makeup trial a month before my wedding, during a time I was visiting in Michigan. She was flexible, and able to meet me where I was for the trial. She was on time, brought all of her own equipment, and walked me through the process. She was personable, and very pleasant. The makeup looked beautiful! She even followed up later that day to see how the makeup held up! The day of the wedding, she met me at my hotel, and was flexible with me running behind schedule. She did my makeup, and a bridesmaid's-- both of which were breathtaking and lasted from 11:30am through the wee hours of the next morning! I've never felt more gorgeous! The only thing we had to touch up that day was our lipgloss!

Shalonda A. is fabulous!

Raquel · Married on 08/17/2013

I love Shalonda she was on time and very professional I would recommend her for any event and her work is outstanding you will be very impressed!!!!

• Candice B.

Candice · Married on 07/07/2013

Shalonda is THE BEST makeup artist! She knows her craft and she knows it well! Whenever I need my makeup done for something big (or small), she is the first person I call. I used her makeup services for my wedding and me and my bridesmaid looked FLAWLESS!! She catered the makeup to each of our skintone/complexion and we all looked radiant! She is definitely the best!

Bradegant · Married on 06/07/2013

Shalonda A. Inc. has a great sense of professionalism arrived on-time and had me ready in the time I needed worked with my schedule. My experience while in Shalonda's make-up chair was amazing she was very engaging in conversation as I prepared for my wedding day. I didn’t have a make-up trial and didn’t really know how I wanted my make-up to look for my wedding day. Shalonda ask questions to determine my vision of how I wanted to look on my wedding day which I appreciated. My make-up was amazing and looked beautiful in my wedding photos. I was given the lipgloss used during my make-up session to touch-up with on my wedding day. I would recommend Shalonda A. Inc. to future brides and look forward to future events with this vendor.

Danette · Married on 03/02/2013

Shalonda is an incredibly talented and personable artist. Given that I am from the beauty profession I am EXTREMELY picky and she not only met but exceeded my expectations. I was going for vintage, hollywood glam and she got it right the first time around. My entire wedding party, including my Mom gushed about her work as well. Shalonda was able to accomodate different ages, styles, and preferences. It was truly a pleasure and worth every dollar to know I was in good hands on my wedding day. I need to find an excuse to get my makeup done again. Thanks so much.

rian · Married on 01/26/2013

I have never felt as beautiful as I did on my wedding day! Shalonda created the exact look I wanted and the make up held up all day (10am until 2am!) In addition to making my face beautiful she made up 6 of my brides maids, my mom and aunt. These ladies skin tones ranged from fair to deep and they all had great coverage. Shalonda did a great job and made my day less stressful.

Erin · Married on 10/20/2012

She is incredible! She was a complete professional, always prompt with email and phone responses, I was a little late on my wedding day, having to decorate the morning of and then traffic, but she was understanding and patient. I had myself and 3 bridesmaids, she did a spectacular job on everyone, we are not normal makeup people so it was definitely out of our comfort zone, but she made everyone super comfortable and even dealt with toddlers we had running around. Every single comment was how stunning we all looked throughout the night, and the makeup held up ALL night! She is not terribly high on price, especially for what you get, which is incredible makeup services and a lovely person to boot! Thank you Shalonda!

Jasmine · Married on 07/15/2012

Shalonda did our makeup for my sister in loves wedding and it was FLAWLESS!!!!! She is professional and the prices is unbeatable!!! If you are looking for makeup for your wedding, prom, vow renewal, etc... Please book with Shalonda she is the BOMB.com!!!

Thank you sooo much !!!!

I never felt so beautiful! Shalonda was great to work with and even went the extra mile in helping me get dress. My make-up made it through the heat (98), humidity and tears!

Lisa · Married on 06/09/2012

Shalonda was extremely accomodating and professional. She was very attentive to my needs as well. This was my very first time wearing make-up and she made it a wonderful experience! I was VERY pleased with the products she used. Shalonda was a joy to work with on such an important day; she fit right in with my friends while we were laughing & acting silly! Great job & thanks so much for everything!

Tonia · Married on 05/06/2012

Did an awesome job on my makeup. I looked like a princess. Great work.

Kristen · Married on 05/05/2012

Shalonda is an awesome makeup artist. She is very professional, talented and just a pleasant person--which can help put you at ease on the big day. I'm not used to wearing a lot of makeup, and when I thought my eyes looked too dark, she was very willing to tone things down to my liking. My makeup looked beautiful and natural in all of the pictures. My mom and bridesmaid also loved their makeup.

Annis · Married on 04/21/2012

Shalonda is the TRUTH. She is professional, personable and insanely talented. All of my bridesmaids, both moms and myself utilized her services on the day of my wedding. Everyonelooked great -- and I looked incredible ;-). She was able to create masterpieces on the faces of each of the women, despite our different skin textures, colors and age ranges. If you are getting married in Metro Detroit there is no other option for you. She is amazing.

• jessica

jessica · Married on 01/14/2012

this lady was amazing! i called her last minute and she fit me in and did an awesome job everyone said i looked stunning. she felt what i was trying to say even when i couldn't explain it and the makeup lasted all night and i was able to just touch it up and wear it again the next day...... flawless. i looked like a movie star! i said i looked like me just BETTER!

• Julie

Julie · Married on 08/07/2011

Words cannot express how happy I was with Shalonda's services for my July 31, 2011 wedding. She did my makeup, my maid of honor and the wedding coordinator. We looked absolutely fabulous. It even held up when I started crying before the wedding, no touch ups needed. She is professional, prompt and very calming for even the most jittery bride. I also had a trial run and I looked gorgeous. The makeup lasted the entire day even when I felt like I was melting (it was hot). Please please do not think twice about using her services you will not be disappointed! Plus my photos looked great.

Brandy · Married on 07/16/2011

I was referred by one Shalonda's friends for my wedding this July. I called Shalonda a few weeks before my wedding and luckily she was available. So for my consultation Shalonda made my makeup look so natural to the point where would wear makeup on a daily basis. I would recommend Shalonda before you try anyone else. Shalonda A. Is the best of the best!!!! Thank You again Shalonda for making me sooooooooo GLAMOROUS!! :)

Jessica · Married on 06/26/2011

Shalonda is a the best makeup artist EVER! She is very precise she makes you feel and look likes a Queen on your wedding day. I have never felt more beautiful in my life…. Thank you so much will continue to use her for everything in the future.

• Nitra

janitra · Married on 06/11/2011

**Shalonda is very professional and as far as quality of service, she's one of the best you will come across. She has provided services to me when I wanted to just "spice" up my look, and I was very pleased with her work. I'm getting married June 11, 2011 and I'm definitely using Shalonda A. on my special day!

J · Married on 05/21/2011

I was referred to Shalonda A one month prior to my wedding date due a cancelation with another makeup artist. We had our first conversation via the phone and I immediately felt like she was the one to do my makeup... She was very patient with my questions, knowledgeable, and extremely professional.
    On the day of my makeup trial she arrived on time and was very neat & clean with her tools. I was impressed with the supply that she had, various brands, shades & colors.
    The day of the wedding, Shalonda A also came to my location and arrived promptly at her designated time. She was not rushed but moved quickly through the bridesmaids so that she could focus her time and energy on me. My makeup and that of my girls came out breathtakingly beautiful. I plan on using Shalonda A for a photography session I have scheduled this coming fall because I was so impressed by the total package.

Hlee · Married on 04/30/2011

Shalonda is amazing! I have always been skeptical of people doing my makeup because I have done my own makeup for many years for events, photoshoots and for fun. I have also had my makeup done by other makeup artists while working as a part-time model. No one I have worked with has been able to do my eyebrows perfectly and to my liking --except Shalonda. She is an amazing makeup artist.

I have an Asian-complexion and dry skin that is often difficult to work with, but she made me look flawless on my wedding day (and my bridal shower). I loved how she gives tips and makeup samples to help me keep myself together for my big day! She is a great listener and a pleasure to have around! I can't wait for my next event just so that I can book her to do my makeup again!!

Definitely book her for your next event, you will not be disappointed!

Tiffany · Married on 04/29/2011

Simply put Shalonda put the pazazz in our special day! The entire night every guest wanted to know who did our makeup. My mother and I both felt like beauty queens the entire day. We were married on April 29, 2011 and I really felt like the belle of the ball. Shalonda was very attentive and she came prepared with everything. She helped me with an area other than my face right before I walked down the aisle. She thought of everything. If you are wondering if the cost is worth it - if Shalonda is your artist it definitely is! My cousin who was also my Maid of Honor is planning to have Shalonda do her makeup in Chicago for her wedding. Everyone was extremely impressed with Shalonda's talent and professionalism - so much so that our photographer wants to refer her to his other clients. Thank you for everything Shalonda - we can't say enough about you!

erica · Married on 04/14/2011

Sholanda does a great with makeup. You will look like a totally different person. I love her. She is indeed the best.