Shady Grove Gardens & Nursery Reviews

41 | Zionville, NC

41 Reviews for Shady Grove Gardens & Nursery

Kristal · Married on 06/16/2012

Shady Grove Gardens and Nursery provided the flowers for our wedding at Camp Sky Ranch on June 16, 2012. Susan was wonderful to work with and really helped me figure out what we would need. Shady Grove provided local seasonal flowers for our wedding and they were gorgeous. We purchased several buckets of cut flowers to utilize for table decorations and pew markers. Purchasing cut flowers was a great cost-effective option. We picked the flowers up on Friday morning and my family and I arranged them as we wanted. Susan also offers individuals the option of a flower arranging workshop (with your purchased buckets) at her nursery if you would like. We also had Susan and Shady Grove Gardens make numerous larger flower arrangements and decorative pieces and our bouquets and boutonnieres. Everything that they provided was gorgeous! All of the flowers were exactly what we had hoped they would look like and really fit our venue and theme. Shady Grove’s flowers really added so much to the ambiance of our day--we could have not been more pleased with the outcome. Susan was very professional, full of ideas and suggestions, and very flexible. It was a pleasure to work with her! Shady Grove is a great value and a wonderful local vendor that is worth checking out for your wedding.

Sent on 07/16/2012

Shady Grove Gardens & Nursery's reply:

Thanks so much Kristal, you are too kind. Susan

Amanda · Married on 05/26/2012

Oh my word - Shady Grove Garden totally exceeded my expectations. To save a little money, we asked Susan to make my bouquet and then we ordered buckets of flowers for the bridesmaids to make their own and to decorate at the reception. They were gorgeous and sooo unique! Susan was a pleasure to work with. She followed up on every detail to make sure that I was pleased and I was still amazed at how fantastic everything turned out. I would totally recommend Shady Grove to any bride seeking "wildflowers" or flowers that are out of the ordinary. I promise you will end up with something that is absolutely lovely and one-of-a-kind.

Sent on 07/07/2012

Megan · Married on 10/02/2010

Susan was such a pleasure to work with. She took all of my ideas and inspiration pictures and managed to blend them into the exact feel I was looking for. She was incredibly professional, always responding very quickly to emails and phone calls. And she offered up her expert opinion on issues I was unfamiliar with. The flowers were beautiful and we took pride in the fact that they were locally grown and were in season. I would recommend Susan to any bride looking for excellent service and professionalism at a fantastic price point.

Sent on 11/29/2010

Elinor · Married on 09/18/2010

Shady Grove did all of the flowers for our mountain wedding. The bouquet, boutonniere, floral arrangements and flowers for the arbor were gorgeous, freshly cut and absolutely ideal for our mountain wedding setting. Not only were the flowers fresh, beautiful and perfect, Susan at Shady Grove listened to and incorporated our preferences and prepared the flowers in record time with only a few days notice. We couldn't have hoped for anything better: beautiful flowers, delivered and set up on schedule at a reasonable price. I highly recommend Shady Grove to anyone who needs flowers for a wedding or special occasion.

Sent on 10/15/2010

Angie · Married on 10/03/2009

I bought my flowers and arranged them myself. They were gorgeous and held up very well. They saved me lots of money and I got a lot of flowers for the money.

Sent on 11/22/2009

Amy · Married on 08/08/2009

We were very pleased with the service we received for our outdoor wedding. The flowers were beautiful! I love that they are organic too.

Sent on 12/10/2009

Erin · Married on 05/23/2015

Susan was fantastic and the flowers were gorgeous! She always responded promptly, and we made lots of adjustments along the way that she took in stride. I initially wanted some "DIY" but ended up being overwhelmed and she did all the designing for me. She had some flowers I wanted special ordered for me. Her price is more than fair and better than I was quoted anywhere else. I got TONS of compliments on the flowers! My only very minor concern was that my bouquet wilted while taking photographs after the ceremony, but this is probably to be expected with it being an outdoor wedding. Overall absolutely beautiful and I have great pictures to prove it. VERY pleased, she provided exactly what I wanted!

Sent on 09/30/2015

Lindsey · Married on 07/21/2012

We had an eco-friendly wedding at a winery in Banner Elk North Carolina and decided to use organic, locally produced flowers that we opted to arrange ourselves. Shady Grove was very flexible with what we wanted and provided us with a beautiful array of assorted wild flowers that were grown 30 minutes from where we got married! My only suggestion would be to get the flowers as close to the ceremony start time as possible since they may start to wilt a little. You can also pick them up at the Watauga farmer's market in downtown Boone. What a great way to lower your carbon footprint for your wedding day!

Sent on 08/12/2012

Lynn · Married on 10/09/2010

Susan is a wonderful designer. We gave her a general idea of what we wanted and she went from there. We couldn't have been more pleased with how everything turned out.

Sent on 10/15/2010

Katie · Married on 08/23/2014

My flowers were absolutely beautiful. We ordered buckets and did our own table arrangements but Susan did the bouquets. They were so perfect. She really listened to what I wanted and they were perfect.

Sent on 09/07/2014

I loved working with Shady Grove Gardens and Nursery for my wedding. Their flowers are beautiful and sustainably grown. Susan also saved the the day on the morning of my wedding. The wildflower centerpieces I had put together from their diy buckets had frozen in the refrigerator overnight and she perked them up with some flowers she had in her truck as she delivered the decorative urns and evergreen swag to our location. It was a wonderful experience all around to work with them.

Sent on 02/14/2013

Sarah · Married on 05/23/2015

My husband and I had planned on doing most/all of the flower arrangements ourselves, and had tried to work with many of the florists in the area, but they were all either rude or unreliable! Then the lady who works at the jeweler where I got my ring showed me a wedding featured in the High Country Wedding Guide, who had used flowers from Shady Grove Gardens and Nursery. I got in contact with Susan via email and the day before the wedding we picked up our flowers. We had ordered 2 buckets of May wildflowers and a bucket of greenery. Oh they were beautiful! I almost wish we had had them do some arranging for us, because it sounds like they do a wonderful job. But we were very happy anyways. My bridesmaids and I made our own bouquets and the centerpieces, and it was a lot of fun! The flowers did wilt a little while we were arranging them, but we set them outside in the buckets of water overnight (it was chilly that night) and they perked right up for the wedding. I'm not really a flowers kind of girl, but these just blew me away. We also saved a lot of money by ordering the buckets.

Sent on 06/03/2015

Great selection! quality was fabulous! we ordered by the bucketful!

Sent on 06/10/2013

Kimberly · Married on 07/28/2012

3.5

The flowers provided by Susan and Brent were absolutely perfect, and exactly what we hoped they would be-they tailored the colors and specific flowers to our exact wishes. They worked with us to adjust our order to fit within our budget, and were VERY reasonably priced. We loved using flowers that were locally grown, and the arrangments and bouquets they put together were beautiful.

Sent on 08/14/2012
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 06/06/2015

My husband and I used Shady Grove for all of the flowers for our 6/6/2015 wedding in Boone NC. We decided to do the floral workshop on the friday before our wedding. My maids and I were able to create our own bouqets and the boutineers. It was such a fun experience to spend time with my maids creating our own bouquets as it just meant that much more to us on wedding day. They also provided two custom made peices for our wedding venue in both the chapel and the dining hall. They also provided all of the loose wildflowers we used throughout. All of the flowers were in amazing shape and incredibly vibrant and beautiful. The flower and designed peices were so much more beautiful than we could have ever imagined. We are thrilled and so pleased that we chose Shady Grove for our flowers.

Sent on 06/10/2015

1.8
      1.0

The individual flowers were gorgeous and buying by the bucket is the way to go. Working with Shady Grove was overall very frustrating. We met to discuss the types of flowers and arrangements we wanted well in advance of the wedding, this meeting was not well-documented by the florist and she forgot key details about our requests. Bookkeeping and other records we had sent her were not well-maintained, causing a lot of last-minute stress on our part. The bridal bouquet (which was the only bouquet crafted by the florist) was not ready at the pick-up time and had to be picked up the morning of the wedding. When we went to pick up the bouquet the morning of, we were treated as if it was an oversight on our part. I recommend speaking often with follow-up in writing if you go with this vendor.

Sent on 07/07/2014

Shady Grove Gardens & Nursery's reply:

I'm so sorry this bride was disappointed. She did however, only order loose flowers and paid the deposit for ONLY the loose flowers. The order form has nothing else on it. NO mention of a bouquet until pickup . No mention of paying for it. I dropped everything to make her a great bouquet. I'm sorry she misunderstood the ordering process requiring 1/2 deposit and or letting me know there is an addition.