Shady Grove Gardens & Nursery Reviews

Shady Grove Gardens & Nursery 6
Shady Grove Gardens & Nursery 7

Abby Greene · Married on 10/06/2018

Pure perfection!

I was so pleased with not only the price of these flowers, but how insanely gorgeous they were! I could not have possibly asked for anything better.

Shady Grove Gardens & Nursery 8
    Shady Grove Gardens & Nursery 9
  • Lucy

Lucy Holliday · Married on 09/15/2018

Beautiful flowers!

We were so happy with our flowers from Shady Grove Gardens! We used them for our center pieces and arch at the alter. They were gorgeous! Even during the hurricane weekend this past September, the flowers were beautiful! Definitely recommended by me!

Teresa · Married on 10/13/2017

GORGEOUS!!! STUNNING! I wanted them to live forever. I sent photos of styles and colors to Susan who created an amazing bouquet perfect for my dress and size. I wanted wild flowers cascading, a matching crown, and boutonniere. She delivered!!!

Shady Grove Gardens & Nursery 10
    Shady Grove Gardens & Nursery 16
    Shady Grove Gardens & Nursery 17
  • mrstoomey

Allison · Married on 09/30/2017

Susan was wonderful. Hire her right now if you are looking for flexibility, creativity, and options that allow you to combine some professional arrangements with DIY flowers. She put together beautiful sunflower and blue hydrangea bouquets for us and then we also did several buckets of bulk flowers for DIY table arrangements. We enjoyed working with Susan. She was efficient, professional and easy to work with. And I loved that her prices were budget friendly and she allowed me to DIY in addition to her professional arrangements. Thank you Shady Grove!

Debbie · Married on 09/03/2017

Our flowers from Shady Grove for our daughter and her new husband's wedding at Leatherwood Mountains were perfect. We ordered buckets and created our own centerpieces, bouquets, corsages, bouttenieres , and cermemony decorations. The flowers were exactly what we hoped for. At the last minute we needed to change our pickup date and Susan was very flexible. Thanks for helping make our wedding beautiful!

Leasa · Married on 10/08/2016

Loved using Shady Grove for my daughters wedding. Very professional and patient. The flowers were beautiful!

Sent on 01/10/2017

Shady Grove Gardens & Nursery's reply:

Thanks so much Leesa and Madison.
  • LeannWebb

Leann · Married on 09/17/2016

The flowers and service we received from Shady Grove Gardens & Nursery was unlike any other. Susan & Brent were so easy to work with. We chose the DIY route and got 5 buckets of the most beautiful flowers I have ever seen. This option allowed us to stay on budget but yet still have an abundance of gorgeous flowers at our wedding. Each flower was perfect and showed the love and care that Susan and Brent put into their flowers.

Alma · Married on 09/03/2016

Shady Grove flowers are simply stunning. We decided to buy by the bucket to stay within budget. We picked up our flowers on a Thursday (they were ready to go when we got there), to gives us time to make the arrangements. I recommend you buy your own buckets if you go with this route, that way you don't have to worry about returning them.

Katlyn · Married on 09/20/2014

My aunt arranged the flowers for my wedding, but we purchased the buckets of mixed flowers from Shady Grove. They were absolutely stunning. Susan was very easy to work with, and provided the exact colors that we were looking for. We received so many compliments on the flowers, and saved so much money by buying the buckets and arranging the pieces ourselves. I would recommend Shady Grove to anyone looking for gorgeous flowers at a decent price.

Tina · Married on 09/16/2014

We live out of town, I sent pictures of a bouquet that I liked and they made a beautiful bouquet and flower crown. They were perfect!! So happy with how they turned out.

Jillian · Married on 07/22/2014

We got their buckets of flowers for our wedding and arranged them ourselves. They were absolutely stunning! They were very easy to work with and allowed for a much more affordable option for flowers for our wedding!

Angela · Married on 05/31/2014

We ordered a few buckets of specific colors and corsages from Shady Grove Gardens and Nursery. The cut flowers and corsages were gorgeous and the right price! The order form was straight forward and easy to fill out. Susan was willing to discuss my options over the phone and explain the which flowers would be best for wedding colors and season which was great since I live in Illinois!

• User3720200 · 2+ years ago

Susan and Brent at Shady Grove were awesome! We had a minimalist, nature-inspired wedding at Camp Sky Ranch in October. I bought mixed wildflower buckets and had Susan make my bouquet and the boutonnieres.

The bouquet was stunning, pale and muted colors with an antique look. I wanted something that would match my champagne silk and cream lace dress with the neutrals of the linens. She listened carefully to my ideas, made smart suggestions, and helped me keep my costs down. Thanks Susan.

Also, the wildflowers were phenomenal. Vivid, fresh, and sparkling, these flowers were straight out of a Martha Stewart magazine.

I highly recommend them!

Sent on 12/06/2013

Shady Grove Gardens & Nursery's reply:

Thanks, you made my day!

Maggie · Married on 10/05/2013

Susan and Brent made our wedding ten times more beautiful because of their absolutely gorgeous flowers and greenery! We used them for all of our floral needs, including the greenery for our ceremony arch, interior and exterior decorations, corsages, boutineres, and all of the bouquets. Susan listened to exactly what I wanted and was able to provide a variety of options and put together bouquets and greenery for our arch even more beautiful than I thought. Almost all of our guests (and even people just looking at pictures) commented on how lovely our flowers were. My bridesmaids absolutely loved their bouquets. It was nice too to know they were local, seasonal and homegrown, giving our wedding a naturally gorgeous feel! For everything we received, the pricing and service was excellent. I would DEFINITELY recommend that if you are getting married in this area, please use them for your flowers!

Erin · Married on 08/31/2013

Great service! I chose to purchase their mixed buckets and I chose the colors that I wanted in the buckets. I then did the flower arrangements myself. I was so pleased with the variation I had to choose from and the beauty of the flowers! I know they can do great arrangements as well, but the DIY option is so amazing for brides on a budget (like me)! Susan was also great a communicating and she was extremely accomodating for my needs. Thank you thank you! Loved them!

Sarah · Married on 06/29/2013

Shady Grove Nursery was absolutely incredible! Susan and Brent made us the most beautiful corsages and boutineers. My cascading bouquet was adored by all! It was eclectic, beautiful, and the best part, made entirely from wildflowers from our area. We bought buckets of wildflowers and greenery for the centerpieces and assembled them the night before an they were breathtaking! The flowers held up great and were absolutely the best quality!
    I highly recommend using this company!

I was extremely happy I chose to use Shady Grove Gardens for my floral arrangements and wedding bouquets. Susan was so patient with me through the entire process. I kept changing my mind on colors, flowers, what arrangements I wanted...which ones I did not want anymore etc. etc. and she was so supportive (which is priceless!!) The bouquets and arrangments arrived early the day of the wedding and everything was as promised. Susan and Brent are such nice and honest people- I did not even notice that the flower girl petals that I had ordered were missing the day of the wedding. Actually, I did not even know that the petals were missing until I received an e-mail from Susan when I arrived home from the honeymoon stating that a reinbursement check for the flower girl petals was in the mail for me! I value honesty and have the utmost respect for someone who honors that quality. I was going for a rustic-romance theme at my wedding and the flowers that Shady Grove Gardens provided set the mood and captured the essence I was aiming for! Thank you guys so much! It was such a pleasure to work with you!

Susan and Brent were so easy to work with. I only needed bulk flowers for my wedding, and they came through like champs. With some minor preferences from me, they set me up with the most beautiful and unique assortment of flowers for my July mounting BBQ wedding. It was exactly what I wanted. The flowers were so fresh! We sent many home with our guests and found that they were still beautiful a week later. When we got home from our honeymoon, our hydrangeas (!) were still lovely. You cannot go wrong with Shady Grove.

Amy · Married on 07/14/2012

Susan and Brent did a wonderful job with our wedding. They were prompt and professional about delivery and set-up, they helped us make a plan that fit our budget and our style, and they provided locally-grown, organically-grown, absolutely beautiful flowers.

Kristal · Married on 06/16/2012

Shady Grove Gardens and Nursery provided the flowers for our wedding at Camp Sky Ranch on June 16, 2012. Susan was wonderful to work with and really helped me figure out what we would need. Shady Grove provided local seasonal flowers for our wedding and they were gorgeous. We purchased several buckets of cut flowers to utilize for table decorations and pew markers. Purchasing cut flowers was a great cost-effective option. We picked the flowers up on Friday morning and my family and I arranged them as we wanted. Susan also offers individuals the option of a flower arranging workshop (with your purchased buckets) at her nursery if you would like. We also had Susan and Shady Grove Gardens make numerous larger flower arrangements and decorative pieces and our bouquets and boutonnieres. Everything that they provided was gorgeous! All of the flowers were exactly what we had hoped they would look like and really fit our venue and theme. Shady Grove’s flowers really added so much to the ambiance of our day--we could have not been more pleased with the outcome. Susan was very professional, full of ideas and suggestions, and very flexible. It was a pleasure to work with her! Shady Grove is a great value and a wonderful local vendor that is worth checking out for your wedding.

Sent on 07/16/2012

Thanks so much Kristal, you are too kind. Susan

Amanda · Married on 05/26/2012

Oh my word - Shady Grove Garden totally exceeded my expectations. To save a little money, we asked Susan to make my bouquet and then we ordered buckets of flowers for the bridesmaids to make their own and to decorate at the reception. They were gorgeous and sooo unique! Susan was a pleasure to work with. She followed up on every detail to make sure that I was pleased and I was still amazed at how fantastic everything turned out. I would totally recommend Shady Grove to any bride seeking "wildflowers" or flowers that are out of the ordinary. I promise you will end up with something that is absolutely lovely and one-of-a-kind.

Megan · Married on 10/02/2010

Susan was such a pleasure to work with. She took all of my ideas and inspiration pictures and managed to blend them into the exact feel I was looking for. She was incredibly professional, always responding very quickly to emails and phone calls. And she offered up her expert opinion on issues I was unfamiliar with. The flowers were beautiful and we took pride in the fact that they were locally grown and were in season. I would recommend Susan to any bride looking for excellent service and professionalism at a fantastic price point.

Elinor · Married on 09/18/2010

Shady Grove did all of the flowers for our mountain wedding. The bouquet, boutonniere, floral arrangements and flowers for the arbor were gorgeous, freshly cut and absolutely ideal for our mountain wedding setting. Not only were the flowers fresh, beautiful and perfect, Susan at Shady Grove listened to and incorporated our preferences and prepared the flowers in record time with only a few days notice. We couldn't have hoped for anything better: beautiful flowers, delivered and set up on schedule at a reasonable price. I highly recommend Shady Grove to anyone who needs flowers for a wedding or special occasion.

Angie · Married on 10/03/2009

I bought my flowers and arranged them myself. They were gorgeous and held up very well. They saved me lots of money and I got a lot of flowers for the money.

Amy · Married on 08/08/2009

We were very pleased with the service we received for our outdoor wedding. The flowers were beautiful! I love that they are organic too.