Shady Grove Gardens & Nursery Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner

Tori Married on 09/25/2021

Shady Grove was great!

Susan was great and really captured my vision for our floral and the loose Eucalyptus stems on the table runners turned out perfect.
  • Jackie
    Jackie Married on 09/24/2021

Local Florals with Affordable Options!

Susan was incredibly easy to work with and her prices are very fair. I loved being able to do a combo of DIY and designed arrangements because we did simple vases as our centerpieces but I can't fathom putting together a bouquet.
    I gave her our color palate and a few florals I liked and she hit it out of the park. If you need a florist for a Boone/Blowing Rock wedding, please consider giving them a call.
    Becca H. Married on 09/11/2021

Highly recommend!

I could not recommend Shady Grove Gardens more! They are very easy to work with, accommodating and most importantly they have beautiful, locally grown flowers to offer! My wedding flowers were one of my favorite parts of the whole event.
  • Amanda
    Amanda B. Married on 07/01/2021

Beautiful flowers for our wedding!

We used Shady Grove Gardens for our summer wedding at Overlook Barn in Banner Elk this past July. And they did an amazing job! I gave Susan inspiration pictures and they went above and beyond! She saw my vision and created beautiful bouquets for myself and the girls. Shady Grove also provided eucalyptus for our tables. Everything turned out wonderful. So thankful for finding Shady Grove and we highly recommend them for your wedding!
    Nina C. Married on 06/26/2021

Beautiful flowers--highly recommend!

We definitely recommend working with Susan. We offered a few ideas for local wildflowers and Susan made everything look even more beautiful than I had imagined. My bouquet and the arbor decorations were perfect!!
    Adrien U. Married on 10/18/2020

Outstanding

Susan and the team at Shady Grove Gardens went above and beyond to create the perfect arrangements for my husband and I! She produced everything we asked for and more!

Shady Grove Gardens & Nursery's reply:

Thank-you so much for a quick review Adrien. It was a pleasure working with you. All the Best. Susan
    Christelle Married on 09/10/2020

Perfect for DIY flowers!

The flowers were absolutely gorgeous! It was important for us to support a local flower farm & we're so happy we chose Shady Grove. We got buckets of flowers that we DIY'd for our wedding and they were just stunning!
  • Kelsey
    Kelsey H. Married on 05/30/2020

Incredible Vendor

I'm kind of clueless when it comes to flowers and I really didn't have anything particular in mind that I wanted for the wedding. My goal was to keep everything as low key as possible. Our venue recommend Shady Grove and I'm so happy that she did because they were exactly what I was looking for.
    Susan created two amazingly beautiful bouquets for me and my maid of honor as well as corsages for our grandmothers and the rest of the arrangements we created from the buckets of seasonal flowers we purchased. I loved being able to support a local business that grows all their flowers and uses seasonal products. It was so much fun to be able to make the arrangements ourselves the day before the wedding. If we had lived closer, we definitely would've taken advantage of one of the arrangement classes.
    Susan was also very flexible when we had to reschedule our wedding due to COVID and made the whole process very smooth. I would highly recommend her services!

Shady Grove Gardens & Nursery's reply:

Thank-you so much Kelsey. There is a new Wedding magazine coming out. Maybe your photographer would like to submit your wedding photos, it's through the High South Event Professionals. Deadline 1/30/21
    Taylor Married on 10/04/2019

Beautiful flowers!

Shady Grove Garden & Nursery did an amazing job on my bridal bouquet, boutonnieres, and table center pieces! The flowers were beautiful and they really worked with me on a tight deadline.

Shady Grove Gardens & Nursery's reply:

I love the photos of your DIY flowers, especially the Welcome sign. Thanks so much for the review. All the Best, Susan
  • Willow
    Willow Married on 09/21/2019

Above and Beyond Care

Susan and Brent did such an amazing job on my wedding flowers. Susan was very invested in every detail and ensuring that she had a clear understanding of my vision. I sent her a picture of a bouquet that had inspired the look I was hoping for and the final product was even better than I could have imagined. They even found pheasant feathers to add to my boho-inspired bridal bouquet! I cannot recommend Shady Grove Gardens enough.
    Tori Married on 09/01/2019

Beautiful, easygoing and

Shady grove did such an amazing job with our flowers, and the DIY workshop with my wedding party was so helpful and sweet and fun. I loved the experience and they were great to work with!
    Abby G. Married on 10/06/2018

Pure perfection!

I was so pleased with not only the price of these flowers, but how insanely gorgeous they were! I could not have possibly asked for anything better.
  • Lucy
    Lucy H. Married on 09/15/2018

Beautiful flowers!

We were so happy with our flowers from Shady Grove Gardens! We used them for our center pieces and arch at the alter. They were gorgeous! Even during the hurricane weekend this past September, the flowers were beautiful! Definitely recommended by me!
    Teresa Married on 10/13/2017
    GORGEOUS!!! STUNNING! I wanted them to live forever. I sent photos of styles and colors to Susan who created an amazing bouquet perfect for my dress and size. I wanted wild flowers cascading, a matching crown, and boutonniere. She delivered!!!
  • mrstoomey
    Allison Married on 09/30/2017
    Susan was wonderful. Hire her right now if you are looking for flexibility, creativity, and options that allow you to combine some professional arrangements with DIY flowers. She put together beautiful sunflower and blue hydrangea bouquets for us and then we also did several buckets of bulk flowers for DIY table arrangements. We enjoyed working with Susan. She was efficient, professional and easy to work with. And I loved that her prices were budget friendly and she allowed me to DIY in addition to her professional arrangements. Thank you Shady Grove!
    Debbie Married on 09/03/2017
    Our flowers from Shady Grove for our daughter and her new husband's wedding at Leatherwood Mountains were perfect. We ordered buckets and created our own centerpieces, bouquets, corsages, bouttenieres , and cermemony decorations. The flowers were exactly what we hoped for. At the last minute we needed to change our pickup date and Susan was very flexible. Thanks for helping make our wedding beautiful!
    Leasa Married on 10/08/2016
    Loved using Shady Grove for my daughters wedding. Very professional and patient. The flowers were beautiful!

Shady Grove Gardens & Nursery's reply:

Thanks so much Leesa and Madison.
  • LeannWebb
    Leann Married on 09/17/2016
    The flowers and service we received from Shady Grove Gardens & Nursery was unlike any other. Susan & Brent were so easy to work with. We chose the DIY route and got 5 buckets of the most beautiful flowers I have ever seen. This option allowed us to stay on budget but yet still have an abundance of gorgeous flowers at our wedding. Each flower was perfect and showed the love and care that Susan and Brent put into their flowers.
    Alma Married on 09/03/2016
    Shady Grove flowers are simply stunning. We decided to buy by the bucket to stay within budget. We picked up our flowers on a Thursday (they were ready to go when we got there), to gives us time to make the arrangements. I recommend you buy your own buckets if you go with this route, that way you don't have to worry about returning them.
    Katlyn Married on 09/20/2014
    My aunt arranged the flowers for my wedding, but we purchased the buckets of mixed flowers from Shady Grove. They were absolutely stunning. Susan was very easy to work with, and provided the exact colors that we were looking for. We received so many compliments on the flowers, and saved so much money by buying the buckets and arranging the pieces ourselves. I would recommend Shady Grove to anyone looking for gorgeous flowers at a decent price.
    Tina Married on 09/16/2014
    We live out of town, I sent pictures of a bouquet that I liked and they made a beautiful bouquet and flower crown. They were perfect!! So happy with how they turned out.
    Jillian Married on 07/22/2014
    We got their buckets of flowers for our wedding and arranged them ourselves. They were absolutely stunning! They were very easy to work with and allowed for a much more affordable option for flowers for our wedding!
    Angela Married on 05/31/2014
    We ordered a few buckets of specific colors and corsages from Shady Grove Gardens and Nursery. The cut flowers and corsages were gorgeous and the right price! The order form was straight forward and easy to fill out. Susan was willing to discuss my options over the phone and explain the which flowers would be best for wedding colors and season which was great since I live in Illinois!
  • User1465202 2+ years ago
    Susan and Brent at Shady Grove were awesome! We had a minimalist, nature-inspired wedding at Camp Sky Ranch in October. I bought mixed wildflower buckets and had Susan make my bouquet and the boutonnieres.

The bouquet was stunning, pale and muted colors with an antique look. I wanted something that would match my champagne silk and cream lace dress with the neutrals of the linens. She listened carefully to my ideas, made smart suggestions, and helped me keep my costs down. Thanks Susan.

Also, the wildflowers were phenomenal. Vivid, fresh, and sparkling, these flowers were straight out of a Martha Stewart magazine.

I highly recommend them!

Shady Grove Gardens & Nursery's reply:

Thanks, you made my day!
    Maggie Married on 10/05/2013
    Susan and Brent made our wedding ten times more beautiful because of their absolutely gorgeous flowers and greenery! We used them for all of our floral needs, including the greenery for our ceremony arch, interior and exterior decorations, corsages, boutineres, and all of the bouquets. Susan listened to exactly what I wanted and was able to provide a variety of options and put together bouquets and greenery for our arch even more beautiful than I thought. Almost all of our guests (and even people just looking at pictures) commented on how lovely our flowers were. My bridesmaids absolutely loved their bouquets. It was nice too to know they were local, seasonal and homegrown, giving our wedding a naturally gorgeous feel! For everything we received, the pricing and service was excellent. I would DEFINITELY recommend that if you are getting married in this area, please use them for your flowers!