33 Reviews for Shady Grove Gardens & Nursery

Corsages (1)
Flower Petals (1)
Single Flowers (1)
33 Shady Grove Gardens & Nursery Reviews

GORGEOUS!!! STUNNING! I wanted them to live forever. I sent photos of styles and colors to Susan who created an amazing bouquet perfect for my dress and size. I wanted wild flowers cascading, a matching crown, and boutonniere. She delivered!!!

Photos
Profile Picture Teresa, 10/13/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Bouquets, Boutonnieres

Susan was wonderful. Hire her right now if you are looking for flexibility, creativity, and options that allow you to combine some professional arrangements with DIY flowers. She put together beautiful sunflower and blue hydrangea bouquets for us and then we also did several buckets of bulk flowers for DIY table arrangements. We enjoyed working with Susan. She was efficient, professional and easy to work with. And I loved that her prices were budget friendly and she allowed me to DIY in addition to her professional arrangements. Thank you Shady Grove!

Profile Picture User7643873, Recently Married, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Petals, Single Flowers

Our flowers from Shady Grove for our daughter and her new husband's wedding at Leatherwood Mountains were perfect. We ordered buckets and created our own centerpieces, bouquets, corsages, bouttenieres , and cermemony decorations. The flowers were exactly what we hoped for. At the last minute we needed to change our pickup date and Susan was very flexible. Thanks for helping make our wedding beautiful!

Profile Picture Debbie, 9/3/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Loved using Shady Grove for my daughters wedding. Very professional and patient. The flowers were beautiful!

Profile Picture Leasa, 10/8/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

The flowers and service we received from Shady Grove Gardens & Nursery was unlike any other. Susan & Brent were so easy to work with. We chose the DIY route and got 5 buckets of the most beautiful flowers I have ever seen. This option allowed us to stay on budget but yet still have an abundance of gorgeous flowers at our wedding. Each flower was perfect and showed the love and care that Susan and Brent put into their flowers.

Profile Picture Leann, 9/17/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Shady Grove flowers are simply stunning. We decided to buy by the bucket to stay within budget. We picked up our flowers on a Thursday (they were ready to go when we got there), to gives us time to make the arrangements. I recommend you buy your own buckets if you go with this route, that way you don't have to worry about returning them.

Profile Picture Alma, 9/3/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

My husband and I used Shady Grove for all of the flowers for our 6/6/2015 wedding in Boone NC. We decided to do the floral workshop on the friday before our wedding. My maids and I were able to create our own bouqets and the boutineers. It was such a fun experience to spend time with my maids creating our own bouquets as it just meant that much more to us on wedding day. They also provided two custom made peices for our wedding venue in both the chapel and the dining hall. They also provided all of the loose wildflowers we used throughout. All of the flowers were in amazing shape and incredibly vibrant and beautiful. The flower and designed peices were so much more beautiful than we could have ever imagined. We are thrilled and so pleased that we chose Shady Grove for our flowers.

Profile Picture Chelsea, 6/6/15, 6 Reviews
4.7

My husband and I had planned on doing most/all of the flower arrangements ourselves, and had tried to work with many of the florists in the area, but they were all either rude or unreliable! Then the lady who works at the jeweler where I got my ring showed me a wedding featured in the High Country Wedding Guide, who had used flowers from Shady Grove Gardens and Nursery. I got in contact with Susan via email and the day before the wedding we picked up our flowers. We had ordered 2 buckets of May wildflowers and a bucket of greenery. Oh they were beautiful! I almost wish we had had them do some arranging for us, because it sounds like they do a wonderful job. But we were very happy anyways. My bridesmaids and I made our own bouquets and the centerpieces, and it was a lot of fun! The flowers did wilt a little while we were arranging them, but we set them outside in the buckets of water overnight (it was chilly that night) and they perked right up for the wedding. I'm not really a flowers kind of girl, but these just blew me away. We also saved a lot of money by ordering the buckets.

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/23/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Susan was fantastic and the flowers were gorgeous! She always responded promptly, and we made lots of adjustments along the way that she took in stride. I initially wanted some "DIY" but ended up being overwhelmed and she did all the designing for me. She had some flowers I wanted special ordered for me. Her price is more than fair and better than I was quoted anywhere else. I got TONS of compliments on the flowers! My only very minor concern was that my bouquet wilted while taking photographs after the ceremony, but this is probably to be expected with it being an outdoor wedding. Overall absolutely beautiful and I have great pictures to prove it. VERY pleased, she provided exactly what I wanted!

Profile Picture Erin, 5/23/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

My aunt arranged the flowers for my wedding, but we purchased the buckets of mixed flowers from Shady Grove. They were absolutely stunning. Susan was very easy to work with, and provided the exact colors that we were looking for. We received so many compliments on the flowers, and saved so much money by buying the buckets and arranging the pieces ourselves. I would recommend Shady Grove to anyone looking for gorgeous flowers at a decent price.

Profile Picture Katlyn, 9/20/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

We live out of town, I sent pictures of a bouquet that I liked and they made a beautiful bouquet and flower crown. They were perfect!! So happy with how they turned out.

Profile Picture Tina, 9/16/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

My flowers were absolutely beautiful. We ordered buckets and did our own table arrangements but Susan did the bouquets. They were so perfect. She really listened to what I wanted and they were perfect.

Profile Picture Katie, 8/23/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

We got their buckets of flowers for our wedding and arranged them ourselves. They were absolutely stunning! They were very easy to work with and allowed for a much more affordable option for flowers for our wedding!

Profile Picture Jillian, 7/22/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

We ordered a few buckets of specific colors and corsages from Shady Grove Gardens and Nursery. The cut flowers and corsages were gorgeous and the right price! The order form was straight forward and easy to fill out. Susan was willing to discuss my options over the phone and explain the which flowers would be best for wedding colors and season which was great since I live in Illinois!

Profile Picture Angela, 5/31/14, 6 Reviews
1.8

The individual flowers were gorgeous and buying by the bucket is the way to go. Working with Shady Grove was overall very frustrating. We met to discuss the types of flowers and arrangements we wanted well in advance of the wedding, this meeting was not well-documented by the florist and she forgot key details about our requests. Bookkeeping and other records we had sent her were not well-maintained, causing a lot of last-minute stress on our part. The bridal bouquet (which was the only bouquet crafted by the florist) was not ready at the pick-up time and had to be picked up the morning of the wedding. When we went to pick up the bouquet the morning of, we were treated as if it was an oversight on our part. I recommend speaking often with follow-up in writing if you go with this vendor.

Profile Picture Meghan, 5/24/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Susan and Brent at Shady Grove were awesome! We had a minimalist, nature-inspired wedding at Camp Sky Ranch in October. I bought mixed wildflower buckets and had Susan make my bouquet and the boutonnieres.

The bouquet was stunning, pale and muted colors with an antique look. I wanted something that would match my champagne silk and cream lace dress with the neutrals of the linens. She listened carefully to my ideas, made smart suggestions, and helped me keep my costs down. Thanks Susan.

Also, the wildflowers were phenomenal. Vivid, fresh, and sparkling, these flowers were straight out of a Martha Stewart magazine.

I highly recommend them!

Profile Picture User3720200, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Susan and Brent made our wedding ten times more beautiful because of their absolutely gorgeous flowers and greenery! We used them for all of our floral needs, including the greenery for our ceremony arch, interior and exterior decorations, corsages, boutineres, and all of the bouquets. Susan listened to exactly what I wanted and was able to provide a variety of options and put together bouquets and greenery for our arch even more beautiful than I thought. Almost all of our guests (and even people just looking at pictures) commented on how lovely our flowers were. My bridesmaids absolutely loved their bouquets. It was nice too to know they were local, seasonal and homegrown, giving our wedding a naturally gorgeous feel! For everything we received, the pricing and service was excellent. I would DEFINITELY recommend that if you are getting married in this area, please use them for your flowers!

Profile Picture Maggie, 10/5/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Great service! I chose to purchase their mixed buckets and I chose the colors that I wanted in the buckets. I then did the flower arrangements myself. I was so pleased with the variation I had to choose from and the beauty of the flowers! I know they can do great arrangements as well, but the DIY option is so amazing for brides on a budget (like me)! Susan was also great a communicating and she was extremely accomodating for my needs. Thank you thank you! Loved them!

Profile Picture Erin, 8/31/13, 12 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Shady Grove Nursery was absolutely incredible! Susan and Brent made us the most beautiful corsages and boutineers. My cascading bouquet was adored by all! It was eclectic, beautiful, and the best part, made entirely from wildflowers from our area. We bought buckets of wildflowers and greenery for the centerpieces and assembled them the night before an they were breathtaking! The flowers held up great and were absolutely the best quality!
I highly recommend using this company!

Profile Picture Sarah, 6/29/13, 5 Reviews
4.7

Great selection! quality was fabulous! we ordered by the bucketful!

Profile Picture User3314429, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I was extremely happy I chose to use Shady Grove Gardens for my floral arrangements and wedding bouquets. Susan was so patient with me through the entire process. I kept changing my mind on colors, flowers, what arrangements I wanted...which ones I did not want anymore etc. etc. and she was so supportive (which is priceless!!) The bouquets and arrangments arrived early the day of the wedding and everything was as promised. Susan and Brent are such nice and honest people- I did not even notice that the flower girl petals that I had ordered were missing the day of the wedding. Actually, I did not even know that the petals were missing until I received an e-mail from Susan when I arrived home from the honeymoon stating that a reinbursement check for the flower girl petals was in the mail for me! I value honesty and have the utmost respect for someone who honors that quality. I was going for a rustic-romance theme at my wedding and the flowers that Shady Grove Gardens provided set the mood and captured the essence I was aiming for! Thank you guys so much! It was such a pleasure to work with you!

Profile Picture User2899832, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
4.7

The flowers provided by Susan and Brent were absolutely perfect, and exactly what we hoped they would be-they tailored the colors and specific flowers to our exact wishes. They worked with us to adjust our order to fit within our budget, and were VERY reasonably priced. We loved using flowers that were locally grown, and the arrangments and bouquets they put together were beautiful.

Profile Picture Kimberly, 7/28/12, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

We had an eco-friendly wedding at a winery in Banner Elk North Carolina and decided to use organic, locally produced flowers that we opted to arrange ourselves. Shady Grove was very flexible with what we wanted and provided us with a beautiful array of assorted wild flowers that were grown 30 minutes from where we got married! My only suggestion would be to get the flowers as close to the ceremony start time as possible since they may start to wilt a little. You can also pick them up at the Watauga farmer's market in downtown Boone. What a great way to lower your carbon footprint for your wedding day!

Profile Picture Lindsey, 7/21/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Susan and Brent were so easy to work with. I only needed bulk flowers for my wedding, and they came through like champs. With some minor preferences from me, they set me up with the most beautiful and unique assortment of flowers for my July mounting BBQ wedding. It was exactly what I wanted. The flowers were so fresh! We sent many home with our guests and found that they were still beautiful a week later. When we got home from our honeymoon, our hydrangeas (!) were still lovely. You cannot go wrong with Shady Grove.

Profile Picture User2590028, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Susan and Brent did a wonderful job with our wedding. They were prompt and professional about delivery and set-up, they helped us make a plan that fit our budget and our style, and they provided locally-grown, organically-grown, absolutely beautiful flowers.

Profile Picture Amy, 7/14/12, 2 Reviews