Shadows Makeup Artistry Reviews

87 | Loxahatchee, FL

87 Reviews for Shadows Makeup Artistry

Colleen · Married on 01/04/2014

Carmen was a pleasure to work with and all of my friends said my make-up looked fantastic. I had done a make-up trial with a different artist prior to Carmen and was completely dissatisfied with how I strange I looked. Carmen listened to what I wanted and executed it beautifully.

Sent on 04/19/2014

Billi Jo · Married on 11/09/2013

Carmen from shadow makeup artistry was a wonderful and nice person to work with.

I never wear makeup and I'm very particular about covering up my freckles. I did the airbrushing and it came out amazing!

At the trial I told Carmen what what I wanted and she did it. I had her change a few things and she had no problems changing them. Once my wedding came around I had changed my mind a little again and she still exceeded my expectations and did exactly what I wanted.

My girls loved her as well. She was a little more expensive than I would have wanted to pay, and more for my girls than we have paid at past weddings but well worth it.

Thank you!!
    Amanda

Sent on 11/20/2013

Sylvia · Married on 08/18/2013

Carmen was great. She really asked questions to find out what my style is and what i liked and disliked before she even got started. she listened to my feedback and made adjustments. She did an awesome job on my wedding day and I couldn't be happier! I never tried air spray foundation before. It was fantastic. It stayed all day and surprisingly light, much lighter than liquid foundation. With our humidity issue, air spray is the way to go ladies! Give it try, you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 10/06/2013

Shadows Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you for the review Sylvia. It was fun to do your makeup surrounded by your family members. I wish you the very best!!

tonya · Married on 09/15/2012

Carmen was the best to work with. She listens to what you want and delivers. The day before my wedding she called me to confirm our appointment and arrived right on time as she stated. My make up was flawless. I received compliments all day. Though the outdoor and crying it was still there without one touchup.

Thank you Carmen, and I would without a doubt use you again and recommend you to all my friends, family and co-workers.

Sent on 10/01/2012

Shadows Makeup Artistry's reply:

Tonya, I'm so glad that the makeup held through the heat and all the happy tears. Thank you so much for the review. I appreciate it. Best wishes!!

Megan · Married on 06/03/2011

Carmen was absolutely amazing!!! My bridesmaids and my myself looked stunning after she worked her magic with our makeup!! I can't wait to share pictures. I definitely recommend Carmen as a makeup artist for any special event. I know I will be using her again :)

Sent on 06/09/2011

Shadows Makeup Artistry's reply:

Megan, thank you so much for the review. I had a great time being your and your bridesmaids' makeup artist for your special day. I hope that everything goes well with your baby. Many, many blessings!

Grety C. · Married on 04/17/2010

Carmes is a great person! Someone you can count on in making you look beautiful, faboulous on your weddding day, like she did with me on the day of my weddding! Carmen's punctuality is great. She is always ready, refreshed and ready to work with you and always has a smile on her face, which I admired a lot! Keep up the good work Carmen! Luv ya, Grety

Sent on 05/05/2010

Grety,

You are a sweetheart, and I'm glad you were happy with the makeover. You looked radiant.

M · Married on 01/02/2010

Carmen was incredibly flexible and accommodating. I had concerns about that makeup after the trial that she was quick to address and rectify. I was very pleased with the end result and found her a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 01/11/2010

Molly,

I'm glad to have had the chance to work with you.

Julissa · Married on 11/08/2009

Thank you so much, Everyone loved the make up. I had a little issue with my eyelashes coming off, but nothing a little glue could not solve. Awesome! Thank you once again.

Sent on 11/13/2009
  • Ipswich927

Sarah and Ryan · Married on 02/19/2010

Carmen was a delight to work with. Thanks to her, I can honestly say I looked gorgeous on my wedding day! I've always struggled with acne so it was important to find someone that could do airbrush makeup, without charging an arm and a leg. The trial and wedding day makeup cost $150. She was always on time and very responsive with phone and email. The makeup lasts great and looks amazing in photos. She does makeup on site (Boca Raton & surrounding areas) which made my wedding day much less stressful because I didn't have to worry about traveling to appts. Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 01/06/2010

Sarah,

Michele and I enjoyed taking care of you on your special day.

Jessica · Married on 11/05/2010

Carmen did a great job on my wedding makeup and also my mother and sister. Would recommend her anyday!

Sent on 12/06/2010

Shadows Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you for the review Jessica. I wish you the very best.

4.2
      3.0
      3.0

Carmen was very sweet and professional. She did a wonderful job with my makeup. I have some imperfections with uneven skin tone and I breakout when stressed but she was able to provide flawless coverage with airbrush makeup. She also came a bit earlier and set up in a really great area with awesome lighting for the photographer to take pictures. I like a bit of the glitz and the glam so she gave me a beautiful brown smokey eye with nude lips. Even though I asked to be dolled up it still looked natural. All in all I highly recommend her if you want a great look on a very special day. In addition, I did a lot of research since I'm a bit frugal and she was the best price for an onsite trial and destination make-over. The only reason I gave her 4 of out 5 is because she is pretty busy so it was a little difficult to get the trail date when I needed it for one of my parties. However, she was able to give me a wonderful trial for my grandmother's 80th bday party. I received positive feedback from everyone :) Thank you Carmen!

Sent on 04/01/2013

Michele · Married on 06/25/2010

3.8
      2.5

Since I have a terribly scared back, I needed an airbrush make-up artist. I contacted Carmen for this purpose. She is very professional and a perfectionist when it comes to eye make-up. However, I really feel like she did not understand that the picture I brought for the trial was what I wanted. I don't wear make-up and I wanted a really natural look. At my trial, I ended up with very very very dark eyes and dark lips, which was not at all what I had asked for. She tried to correct it and let me know that she would do something different for the wedding, which she did. It was a lot lighter, but was still a little bit much for me. It photographed beautifully however and lasted all night without a glitch despite 100 degree weather.
    The major problem was my back: it was extremely spotted and sticky. My photographer kept telling her that it looked terrible and had her touch it up several times, to no avail. Now all the pictures are being photoshopped.
    Also, Carmen works with a Michele, who does hair. The bun she made stayed all night, but the bobby pins were very visible in many of my pictures, which I can't say is flattering.
    The price was reasonable, but not a deal for what I got.

Sent on 07/02/2010

Michele,
    I am sorry that you were dissatisfied with my services. I take great pride in trying to provide my clients with an exceptional product as well as great customer service. I am very sorry about the results for your back. I really should have addressed that during the trial, and I take responsibility for not having done so during our consultation. Backs and acne scarring can be a bit trickier to cover. I do recall asking the photographer several times how it looked in the pictures, and the photographer guiding me in trying to remedy the situation. In the end, she seemed okay (not perfect) but certainly okay with the results. I wish you many blessings!