Shadows Makeup Artistry Reviews

87 | Loxahatchee, FL

87 Reviews for Shadows Makeup Artistry

Stacey · Married on 04/10/2010

Carmen was my makeup artist on my wedding day (04/10/2010) as well as most of my girls. When I say she nailed it, I mean I couldn't change one thing about the way she did my makeup on my special day. I felt and looked fantastic and gorgeous! I'll never forget how perfect everything was when I looked in the mirror after my makeup was done! I was speechless! Carmen did my trial as well which is just so helpful. Sometimes you don't know what you really want until after you see it, and Carmen really listens to you and will keep working with you until you are beyond satisfied!

I couldn't be happier that I choose to go with her. My girls loved her as well, one of them even called her after the wedding to say thank you, and to let her know my make up stayed perfect the whole night! She is so sweet and professional and incredibly priced you can't and won't find anyone else like her.

Sent on 05/03/2010

Stacey,

You and your wedding party were so great to work with. Everyone was so sweet. Thanks for allowing me to go on the site to look at the pictures. You and your hubby make a beautiful couple. I wish you many, many blessings!!

Rita · Married on 02/21/2010

Shadows Makeup Artistry (Carmen) and hairstylist (Michele) both provided a wonderful service. I was extremely happy with the finished makeup and hair on my wedding day. Both were very flexible with the several requested changes that I had after the trial and before the final day. I would definitely recommend both for anyone who needs to look fabulous on any special occasion! Rita

Sent on 03/18/2010

Rita,

Thank you for the kind review. Michele and I had a wonderful time being your glam team. The pictures are gorgeous. You looked amazing!!

Delia · Married on 02/06/2010

I have been in many weddings as a bridesmaid, and I finally had my time to be the bride, and from my experience with previous wedding vendors, Carmen had to be one of the best makeup artists I have ever encountered. She was on time to the location, was extremely professional, and did a fabulous job on me and my family. The makeup lasted all through the night, and my wedding photos look fantastic thanks to her. I would definitely recommend using her for any special event/occassion. She is a gem :)

Sent on 02/12/2010

Delia,

You are one of the sweestest brides I've ever known. You were so attentive to the needs of your wedding party. Normally, it's the other way around, but it shows what a thoughtful individual you are. I had a wonderful time being your makeup artist and thank you for giving me the opportunity to be a part of your special day. Many blessings!

s · Married on 11/22/2009

Shadows makeup artistry does a wonderful professional job. Carmen is great with airbrush makeup and will come directly to you where your wedding is. She will do exactly what you want for your makeup.

Sent on 12/11/2009

MICHELLE · Married on 11/14/2009

Carmen was very professional and very nice as well. She was very understanding and accomodating. Her prices are very good for her services and she also provides a touch up kit for brides which was really great (especially the Shout wipes when we had a little accident). Overall, I am very happy with her work on both my bridal shower and my wedding day. The makeup was beautiful and my eyes looked gorgeous. THANK YOU CARMEN!

Sent on 12/09/2009

Michelle,

I had a great time being your makeup artist. Thank you for allowing me to do COLOR. I loved the peacock theme and enjoyed incorporating it into your makeup palette. Very fun!!

Melisse · Married on 10/25/2009

Carmen was absolutely awesome! She was very calm and relaxed during the stressful moments before the wedding, which helped me stay calm too. She was always open to suggestions; she really understood what I asked for and I got exactly what I wanted. Michele, the stylist Carmen recommended for my hair, also did an outstanding job!
    They went the extra mile for the bridal party and me, and I would highly recommend them.

Sent on 11/10/2009

Dallas · Married on 10/17/2009

Carmen was great !! She knows what she is doing. I had four bridesmaids, myself and my mother all got their makeup and hair done. Does not rush she gives you plenty of time to relax and help you on your big day!! Oh and the makeup lasted all day and night. The next morning I still had it on. If you use her , you will not be dispointed. Awesome AAA++.

Sent on 10/25/2009

Linda · Married on 10/10/2009

I was very happy with my makeup artist, Carmen. She was friendly, professional, and quick. I would recommend her to a friend.

Sent on 10/27/2009

Tiffany · Married on 09/09/2009

Carmen was amazing and such a pleasure to work with. She was professional and was very flexible to meet my needs. She was prompt and responded either via phone or email to all my questions in a timely manner. I would definetley recommend her services!

Sent on 09/11/2009

Laura · Married on 06/20/2009

Shadows Makeup Artistry was wonderful!! Carmen did my makeup for my wedding along with my 2 sisters who were my maids of honor. We looked beautiful! The best part was it looked amazingly natural. It didn't appear that we had makeup caked all over are face. We achieved the "flawless yet natural look" that magazine and television models have. Best of all, the wedding lasted all night...nearly 12 hours! I highly reccommend Shadows Makeup Artistry for any event that you need to look your absolute best. Pure Perfection!

Sent on 07/08/2009

Tiffany · Married on 05/25/2009

Carmen was absolutely WONDERFUL to work with. She was timely, friendly, efficient, fun and very very professional. I was impressed with her responsiveness and skill. She did a fantastic job on my makeup- I showed her a picture of what I wanted and she replicated it perfectly. I felt so beautiful on my wedding day because of her! The makeup lasted throughout the day and came out great in the pictures! I was confident because I knew that Carmen knows what she's doing! I highly recommend her to anyone!
    Thank you, Carmen!

Sent on 06/12/2009

Valerie · Married on 05/15/2009

Carmen is AMAZING! She is very professional and friendly. Carmen came to my hotel room for the trial run and on the wedding day actually beat me to the hotel! My wedding party looked amazing, our makeup was so fabulous. My mother-in-law was nervous as she does not wear a lot of makeup, but Carmen put her at ease and made my mother-in-law look natural, but just a little enhanced. Carmen really listened to what I wanted and made it happen. She did not try to be too pushy on how she would do it, but gave a professional opinon that worked with what I wanted and made me look great. On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best, Carmen is a 20!! Highly recommended!

Sent on 06/01/2009

Danelle · Married on 05/09/2009

Carmen was amazing. She did a beautiful job and my make-up lasted all day. She is very professional and I loved the way my make-up looked.

Sent on 06/06/2009

Joy · Married on 04/04/2009

Carmen was very accommodating. She made sure that the bride was happy with her makeup!

Sent on 07/08/2009

Carolyn · Married on 03/29/2009

Carmen from Shadows Makeup Artistry was beyond accomodating and talented. She went out of her way to make sure we were happy with our final look and we were! Our make-up lasted all day and even through the evening while we danced in the rain. I would highly recommend Carmen/Shadows Makeup Artistry.

Sent on 04/25/2009

Kristen · Married on 03/21/2009

Carmen was absolutely wonderful to work with and such a great person!! She was so accommodating throughout the process! My make-up was gorgeous and I can't thank her enough for all of her help and hard work!

Sent on 03/31/2009

Kathy · Married on 03/21/2009

Carmen is absolutely wonderful, talented, kind, easy to work with and a joy to be around. I am the mother of the bride and I couldn't ask for a nicer, more relaxing experience than having Carmen apply my make-up. She did exactly what I wanted and I received many, many compliments. Carmen is the BEST and I highly recommend her!

Sent on 05/14/2009

Cristina · Married on 02/28/2009

Caremen Martinez is an excellent make-up artist. She did my make-up and my mother's make-up for a black tie function and we looked great! I showed her the color of my gown and she created a beautiful look for me. The make-up lasted throughout the evening and looked excellent in pictures.

Carmen was professional, easy to work with and did a great job. I would recommend her in a heart beat.

Sent on 03/10/2011

Shadows Makeup Artistry's reply:

Cristina, I had a great time doing makeup for you and your mom. I hope that your flight back home was a good one!

Daisy · Married on 07/26/2008

It was a pleasure working with Carmen. She was kind, caring and wouldn't stop until I was fully satisfied with my makeup. I would definately recommend her to anyone that I know. Thanks again.

Sent on 03/18/2009

Jill · Married on 12/13/2013

Carmen was very sweet, friendly, and did a great job with my make-up

Sent on 01/09/2014

Emily · Married on 11/17/2012

Carmen did just an amazing job on my makeup, my bridesmaids, and my mother and mother-in-law's makeup. She is very prompt via email response and truly has a talent. I would 100% use her in the future and highly recommend her services for your next event!

Sent on 11/21/2012

Shadows Makeup Artistry's reply:

Emily, thank you so much for having me be a part of your special day. I enjoyed being your makeup artist and wish you the very best. I can't wait to see the pictures. Best wishes!!

Jennifer · Married on 10/08/2011

She is everything you are looking for! I first met Carmen at a bridal show, from the very beginning I knew I had found my makeup artist. I work odd hours and tend to do all my vendor contacts via email, Carmen always responded to them quickly and answered all my questions. I even had some unforeseen things happen on the wedding day, like my sister not only being LATE but needed makeup 1/2 hour before photos were being shot, Carmen not only stayed and waited for her, but did what she could in a time crunch and my sister looked flawless. Everyone's makeup stayed on all night. Trust me girls, I was MELTING from dancing and my makeup stayed on all night, I was kinda sad to wipe it off at the end of the night. I got compliments all night long on my makeup, the makeup really makes a difference in the photos, it was comfortable, and very affordable. I would (and have) recommended her to everyone!!

Sent on 10/10/2011

Shadows Makeup Artistry's reply:

Jennifer, thank you so much for the review. I enjoyed being your makeup artist for your special day. Your bridal party was wonderful to work with. I am so glad to hear that the makeup held up the entire night. I'm sure that you had a great time. Please, don't forget to send me pictures. I wish you many, many blessings!

Amy · Married on 02/19/2011

I loved my makeup and she was very responsive to what I asked for! Super nice personality as well and very good at what she does!

Sent on 04/04/2011

laura · Married on 10/23/2010

Carmen was very accommodating to my needs and wants. I reccomend airbrush make-up to all brides. Thank you Shadows Makeup Artistry I loved the way I looked on my wedding day.

Sent on 11/05/2010

Laura,

Thank you for your review. I enjoyed being your makeup artist for your special day and hope that you had a great time during your time here in South Florida.

Best wishes,
    Carmen

Lisa · Married on 10/24/2009

Carmen was fantastic. She arrived right on time and did a fantastic job on everyone (4 attendants, 2 mothers, & bride). Everyone loved their makeup and it stayed well into the night. She was very open to whatever we wanted and re-touched whatever we felt needed changing. She even touched up my mom's makeup after she was running around in the morning.

Sent on 11/10/2009