Shadows Makeup Artistry Reviews

87 | Loxahatchee, FL

87 Reviews for Shadows Makeup Artistry

Jenni · Married on 06/16/2012

Carmen Martinez did the makeup for my mother, grandmother, 3 bridesmaids, and myself on the day of our wedding. She came in at 9:30 in the morning and worked all day (past 3:30) to make sure we all looked beautiful. Carmen is a very sweet, genuine person and she actually listens to you and how you want to look for your wedding. The makeup lasted all night and my normally greasy face stayed pretty greaseless until the end. Before the wedding, I had nightmares that I would be walking down the aisle with no makeup on… thankfully we found Carmen and we all looked beautiful! Thank you Carmen!

Sent on 06/21/2012

Shadows Makeup Artistry's reply:

Jenni, I had such a wonderful time doing the makeup for you and your bridal party. Everyone from your grandmother to your mom, bridesmaids, and yourself was such a pleasure to work with. The video trailer is absolutely amazing! Please, don't forget to send some pictures my way. I wish you and your husband the very best!!

Michelle · Married on 05/26/2012

Carmen did a GREAT job on my makeup and all of my bridesmaids and my mother, we had a great time and the makeup lasted through the sweat, tears and laughs all night long :) She did great work, very happy with her services and she gave us a great makeup bag after , so now I can wear my wedding lipstick whenever I want, I will save it forever :) Thank you Carmen!!

Sent on 06/06/2012

Shadows Makeup Artistry's reply:

Michelle, you have such a lovely family! I really enjoyed doing the makeup for all of you. If there is ever a way that I can contribute to the Healing Hearts organization, please don't hesitate to contact me. Many, many blessings!

Jess · Married on 05/05/2012

Carmen is extremely talented, professional, and was a pleasure to be around while we prepared the morning of the wedding.

At the trial, she willingly and happily understood and executed the smallest changes (personal preferences like when I mentioned I like extending my eyeliner the slightest bit!).

I thought my trial was amazing and was even more impressed with her work on the wedding day- I couldn't have been happier! She made me look exactly like I wanted to!
    My makeup lasted and looked great through all the hugs and kisses from guests and dancing all night!

Thank you Carmen!!

Sent on 05/16/2012

Shadows Makeup Artistry's reply:

Jessica, you were such a fun-loving bride to do makeup for. All your attendants were such lovely ladies. I'll always remember from this point on to stay out of the way when champagne bottles are being opened. Wouldn't want to lose an eye (LOL). I wish you the very best!!! Blessings always, Carmen

Natalie · Married on 04/07/2012

Carmen was amazing!!!! She did beautiful work and made me feel so comfortable. She came to my house on my schedule, did a gorgeous "trial run" for my engagement pictures. I got so many compliments on those pictures. I knew the wedding day make-up would be even better. Her fees were affordable but the service she provided was top notch. I love the airbrush feature. My skin looked so smooth and it stayed on all night. The lashes she put on me made my eyes look amazing. I didn't even feel them after a few minutes
    All in all, if you are looking for someone that knows what she's doing and does it with the sweetest heart.....book her!!! Book her now!!!! She was the best!!! One of my favorite vendors!!!! You won't be sorry.

Sent on 04/27/2012

Shadows Makeup Artistry's reply:

Natalie, this is such a sweet review. Thank you so much. I honestly appreciate it. I had a wonderful time doing your makeup for your wedding. There are some brides that I feel an instant connection with, and you are one of them. I wish you a lifetime of happiness and blessings!!
  • Jacqueline

Jacqueline · Married on 03/22/2012

Carmen Shadows Makeup Artistry was wonderful. She was highly communicative with me regarding the type of makeup I wanted and was very flexible to make sure the final product was all that I hoped. I highly recommend her services!

Sent on 04/28/2012

Shadows Makeup Artistry's reply:

Jacqueline, you were such a sweet bride to do makeup for. I thoroughly enjoyed being a part of your special day. Stephanie did an amazing job with your pictures. I'll be adding some to my web site. Many, many blessings!!

Emily · Married on 03/02/2012

Carmen was a pleasure to work with! All night, my guests commented on how wonderful my make-up looked. Not only did she do a wonderful job, but she lifted a lot of possible stress from me, knowing that I did not have to worry about how I would look.

Thanks Carmen! I will certainly recommend you to all my friends!!!

Sent on 03/12/2012

Shadows Makeup Artistry's reply:

Emily, I had such a wonderful time doing makeup for you and your bridesmaids. You were all such as relaxed group of ladies. I am looking forward to seeing the pictures from your photographer. Many, many blessings!

Anna · Married on 02/18/2012

Carmen was super flexible with our schedule and very prompt to help out with any concern that we had.
    My mom (Mother of the Bride) never wore make up in her life, so it really was outsite her comfort zone. Carmen kept puting make up on her in stages and if she did not like it she improved it to her comfort.
    Since we were destination wedding, I needed to have everything done in timly manner...and Carmen went above and beyond, to satisfy our demend.
    Thank you Carmen for making our day super special!

Sent on 07/19/2012

Ana · Married on 01/28/2012

She was amazing!!! ALL the girls and I loved her!!! My makeup was absolutely flawless and we all loved our touch up bags!!! I would totally hire them again!!!

Sent on 03/04/2012

Ana,

Thank you so much for the review. Chloe and I enjoyed doing the makeup for you and your bridal party. If you get a chance, please don't forget to send me some pictures. I wish you the very best.

Keisha · Married on 11/05/2011

Carmen did an amazing job, not only for me but also my bridesmaids and my mother. For someone who does not typically wear a lot of makeup, she walked me through the process and gave me a beautiful yet subtle look. I couldn't have chosen a better artist.

Sent on 01/03/2012

Keisha,
    It was an absolute pleasure to do the makeup for you and your bridal party. Thank you for sending me the link to your gallery. The pictures are simply stunning! I can't wait to add some to my web site. I wish you the very best for the new year.

Alison · Married on 10/22/2011

Carmen did my makeup for my wedding, as well as makeup for 4 bridesmaids, one junior bridesmaid, my mother, and mother-in-law, and she was fabulous! First, and most importantly, we all loved our makeup. I looked great, if I do say so myself, and one of my bridesmaids commented that her makeup looked better on my wedding day than on her own! Second, she was quick, getting all 8 of us done with time to spare. Third, I thought she charged a very reasonable fee (and she didn't even charge us for the junior bridesmaid's makeup). She was also very responsive to me when I let her know a few weeks before the wedding that I wanted to change my makeup a bit, and she emailed me to let me know that she was going to be away for the few days before my wedding in case I was trying to get in touch with her, which I really appreciated. Finally, she gave me a great goody bag with the MAC lipstick of my choice, blotting papers, and more. It was great. We were all thrilled with Carmen's work and I would recommend her to anyone. Thanks, Carmen!

Sent on 10/28/2011

Alison,

Thank you so much for the review and for allowing me to be a part of your special day. I really enjoyed doing makeup for you and your fun wedding party. You are all lovely people. I am so glad that everyone was happy with the makeup. Have a wonderful time in Africa and many, many blessings.

Susan · Married on 10/09/2011

Extremely reliable! The makeup was perfect! Lasted throughout the entire wedding even when i cried at the reception! Definately recommend!!!!!!!

Sent on 11/29/2011

Shadows Makeup Artistry's reply:

Hi Susan, Thank you for the review. I had a wonderful time being your makeup artist. I hope that your honeymoon to Australia was as awesome as it sounded. Don't forget to send me some pictures, please. Best wishes!

Mirtha · Married on 05/29/2011

Carmen did an amazing job with the makeup for me and my wedding party.

Sent on 06/08/2011

Mirtha,

I had a wonderful time doing the makeup for you and your bridal party. I was able to go on your photographer's site and see the pictures. It looks like everything went very well. You looked happy and beautiful! Congratulations!

Blair · Married on 04/28/2011

Carmen was wonderful to work with! She gave me the exact look I was going for! After my first trial, I wasn't sure about my eye shadow, so she gave me another trial just for eyes to make sure she knew exactly what I wanted for my big day!

Sent on 05/10/2011

Shadows Makeup Artistry's reply:

Blair, you were such a sweet bride to work with. I wish you and Asterios a wonderful life!

Michelle · Married on 04/23/2011

Carmen was amazing! My makeup was EXACTLY what I wanted!
    Thank you!!

Sent on 05/16/2011

Shadows Makeup Artistry's reply:

Michelle, Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be a part of your special day. I saw your pictures. Your photographer did an AMAZING job, and you looked lovely. I wish you the very best. Good luck with school!

Margaret · Married on 12/23/2010

Carmen is a truly gifted and talented makeup artist who creates the most beautiful look possible. She is kind and warm and very easy to work with. She does a fantastic job. She made the bride look and feel like a fairy princess and the bride's mother look years younger than her true age! Carmen has the magic that transforms the face to a beautiful masterpiece!

Sent on 01/08/2011

Margaret,

Thank you so much for the review. I know that you had to submit it several times before it actually posted. Thank your for that. I enjoyed working with you and Katherine and am so glad that you both were happy with your makeovers. You are both truly wonderful people. Have a very happy New Year!

Viviane · Married on 12/11/2010

Carmen was a delight to work with from day 1. She was very accommodating especially when it came to scheduling the trial, since my schedule is so hectic. I was very pleased with the trial and I feel like she really listened to what I wanted. On the day of the wedding she got to the hotel on time and started working right away. There was a moment when I started panicking thinking my bridal party wasn't going to be ready on time but Carmen was very calm, did not rush and the end result was just amazing. Everyone looked absolutely beautiful and the makeup lasted all night.
    I would definitely work with Carmen again and I highly recommend her!

Carmen thank you so much for being a part of a very special day, for your professionalism and your amazing talent.

Viviane

Sent on 02/03/2011

Shadows Makeup Artistry's reply:

Viviane, I enjoyed so much being your makeup artist for your special day. You and your family are such wonderful people! Thank you so much for the delicious lunch. I truly appreciated it. I wish you all the blessings in the world.

Johana · Married on 11/13/2010

Carmen made my day as stress free as ever knowing that she was making me and my mom beautiful for the wedding. Her services were spectacular and we both came out looking wonderful all through out the night even after many many tears flowing and my mom almost passing out. Carmen, Thank you once again for everything! My husband adored the way i looked at the end!!!!!

Sent on 11/24/2010

Johana,

You were such a sweet bride to do makeup for. I'm glad to hear that the makeup held up well through the crying. I know that your Mom was very nervous, but I'm glad to hear that everything came out good in the end. I wish I had seen you in your dress. I'm sure you looked amazing. Please, don't forget to send me some pictures. Many, many blessings to all of you!

Jessica · Married on 11/06/2010

Carmen did such an amazing job on my makeup. Her patience and kindness made me very relaxed and comforted. Her selection of make-up was a girls dream. She had everything you could think of. The airbrush machine made my skin flawless. I would most definitely recommend her to anyone looking for a professional make up artist that knows her stuff. Thank You Carmen!!!

Sent on 12/03/2010

Jessica,

You were a wonderful bride to work with. You looked absolutely amazing. Your dress is perhaps one of the loveliest I've seen so far. I saw the pictures on Stephanie's blog. Everything looked picture perfect. I wish you the very best!

Jessica · Married on 10/16/2010

Carmen is amazing to work with. Not only is she talented, but she's a wonderful person. She was so helpful in helping me achieve the look that I wanted! I could not have asked for anything else. Not only did she make me look beautiful, all of my bridesmaids and Mom looked wonderful too!

Sent on 10/29/2010

Jessica,

I really enjoyed being your makeup artist for your special day. I hope that your beach wedding was everything you had hoped for and more! I can't wait to see more pictures and add them to my portfolio.

Many blessings,
    Carmen

Lisa · Married on 10/10/2010

Carmen was absolutely fabulous. She provided makeup services for me, my matron of honor, mother, and grandmother. Her makeup skills are amazing and she is so sweet, professional, and caring. I received compliments all night long on how beautiful the makeup was. The makeup stayed put all night long, even after an outside ceremony and an hour of outdoor photos. I never had to retouch.

Best of all, she took fabulous care of my grandmother, who has Alzheimer's, and helped make her look like the grandmother I remember from before she became ill. That meant so much to me and my family.

I wish i could have my makeup done everyday by Carmen!

Sent on 10/20/2010

Lisa,

Thank you for the review. I absolutely loved doing makeup for all of you and especially for your grandmother. She is so cute. I am so happy to hear that everything stayed put all day. Your venue was breathtaking, and I can't wait to see some pictures. Please, don't forget to send me some. I wish you many, many blessings!

Dana · Married on 09/04/2010

Carmen is a pleasure to work with. Carmen's expertise in airbrush makeup helped me relax on my wedding day. My makeup held up all day despite the heat of south Florida. Carmen is friendly and professional. I would recommend Carmen to anyone who wants to look beautiful for their special day.

Sent on 09/17/2010

Dana,
    You were such a pleasure to work with. I wish you the very best!!

Susan · Married on 07/24/2010

Carmen was so great! She understood that I didn't wear makeup regularly and created for me a subtle look that photographed beautifully. Carmen is very pleasant and easy to work with. Whenever I had questions she responded quickly. For any future special occasions, I would not hesitate to contact Carmen at Shadows Makeup Artistry. Her prices were very reasonable and her professionalism and abilities exceeded all my expectations.

Sent on 07/26/2010

Susan,
    You were a wonderful bride to work with. I am so happy that you were satisfied with the results. You looked beautiful and your blue heels rocked! I wish you and your husband a wonderful married life!

Kim · Married on 07/10/2010

Carmen and Michele were WONDERFUL!!!! They did make-up and hair for me, my mom, two bridesmaids and flower girl. We all looked beautiful and everything stayed put all day. They showed up right on time and even finished with us earlier than expected, giving us extra time for pictures. Carmen gave me a day of touch up kit which was very helpful. They are also super nice and quick to respond to emails. Very reasonable price for airbrushing and super quality service. =)

Sent on 07/21/2010

Shadows Makeup Artistry's reply:

Kim, You and your family were such a joy to work with. Michele and I had a wonderful time glamming all of you up and thank you for giving us the opportunity to be a part of your special day. I wish you a wonderful life!

Johanna · Married on 05/15/2010

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!! Carmen was absolutely amazing. She is an amazing make up artist and an amazing person. I couldn't have asked for a better make up artist. She was punctual, easy to get a hold of, easy to get along with, and extremely helpful. I'm a very indecisive person but she made it easy for me to choose between a light or dark pallet, colors, etc. I recommend her to anyone needing a make up artist!!! I will definitely use her in the future!

Sent on 06/29/2010

Johanna,

I really enjoyed being your makeup artist for your special day. You are truly a wonderful person and so cheery to be around! I am so glad that you decided to go with the darker eye colors. They suited you perfectly. Your pictures came out gorgeous. I wish you many, many blessings and hope to work with you again in the future.

Rona · Married on 04/24/2010

Carmen was amazing to work with. She is very professional and really friendly. I did a makeup trial with her several months before my wedding (because I lived in another state). On the day of my wedding, she brought her notes from my trial, but suggested some different colors. The end result looked so much better than what she did in my trial (and the trial was good too). I was extremely happy with her makeup suggestions, and I got compliments all day long on my wedding day. And, yes, the makeup lasted all day. She did my makeup at 10:30am, my wedding was at 4pm and my day ended at 11pm. I only had to touch up my lipstick. I would definitely work with Carmen again, and I would recommend her to anybody.

Sent on 05/08/2010

Shadows Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you Rona! It was my pleasure working with you, your MOH, and your Mom. It was great meeting all of you. Thanks for allowing the last minute changes. Sometimes when I look at the pictures from the trial, I see things which I can improve on. Thanks for trusting me!!