Sgt Brown Entertainment and Sound Reviews

61 | Clovis, CA

61 Reviews for Sgt Brown Entertainment and Sound

Meredith · Married on 01/20/2018

These two guys were top notch! We found them at the last minute due to the fact that we were procrastinating pretty badly. But without knowing that you would have never known that they just met us a couple weeks before. They kept the party fun and exciting and the photo booth was a huge hit! Our guests from all ages engaged in the activities all they all enjoyed themselves. They kept a great playlist going all night and really held to our requests for music genres. If I could have another reason to have a DJ again then I would in a heart beat hire them again. They were also so very flexible with us and our hectic schedules. Thank you Dan and Richard, you both made the night unforgettable!

Heather · Married on 01/13/2017

We had such a great time and so did everyone else. Dan was really nice and helped a lot the day of with coordination of the timing. He did a good job at picking music that our crowd liked to dance too.

Gail · Married on 04/01/2016

In 2014 Daniel joined NCCC Women's Ministry Retreat to provide sound for our worship team and speaker. We enjoyed him so much we invited him to join the team for another year. Lord willing we hope to have him join us in 2017.
    Gail Saylor
    Director of Women's Ministry
    New Covenant Community Church
    Fresno, California

Loved him from the start! Enthusiastic and WANTS to make you day fun! Highly recommended him.

I loved these guys so much! They kept the music going and had people on the dance floor all night long. We had a blast and I'm so glad I went with them. They even threw in free dance and uplighting when I got the photobooth.

Jennifer · Married on 04/24/2015

Couldn't have asked for a better dj experience! Daniel was prompt, flexible, and kept the whole wedding rolling smoothly. He played really fun games with the crowd, and really went above and beyond in every way.

Sgt Brown was awesome! He helped us figure out everything and made it very easy for us to feel comfortable. Great personality! I definitely recommend Sgt Brown to anyone looking for a dj/photo booth. He paid attention to the type of wedding we were having and the type of people that would be there. He wanted it to be the way we wanted it just as much as we did!

• Stacey

Stacey · Married on 10/04/2014

We would absolutely recommend Sgt. Brown Entertainment to anyone who is looking for a DJ. When we first started planning our wedding we knew that finding a good DJ was one of the things on top of our list. We found several DJ’s on Wedding Wire and started our interviews well over a year in advance hoping to find someone we could trust with this important task. We instantly had a great connection with Dan and we were very impressed with his experience and concern for making sure that he delivered everything we wanted for our special day. We knew right away that we wanted to hire him for the job, so even though we had plenty of time we booked him right away 16 months in advanced. I guess we just didn’t want to chance not locking him in for our wedding day. We were very happy with the way everything turned out on our wedding day. Dan helped organize and carried out all our requests with the music for our ceremony, entertaining our guests during cocktail hour, games and all the other events at our reception. If you’re looking for a DJ for your wedding or any other event we recommend you try Sgt. Brown Entertainment for the job, you will be very happy with the results, we were.

Rene · Married on 09/26/2014

Dan, Richard and Pat went above and beyond anything we could ever expect!! From the very beginning of our professional relationship, he was completely on top of everything, from answering our emails/questions almost immediately, to soothing any nerves we had regarding our wedding day. His confidence absolutely held up on our wedding night. We got comments like "this is the most organized wedding i've ever been to! Everything went so smoothly!" Because of their guidance, no one had any idea that our ceremony rehearsal took all of 10 minutes. From the moment our guests arrived, to the toasting, to the cake cutting, they held our audience captive, made sure everyone knew what was going on, and got them moving on the dance floor! He played only the music we requested (60's, 70's, a little bit of 80's) in addition to "must play songs," and he played them EXACTLY when they needed to be played. His timing was spot on, and the music was totally rockin'! The lighting and equipment was top notch, and the photo booth was a huge party hit. Our favorite part of the evening was when they surprised us with our vows mixed in to our last dance. It was the final touch on our magical night that made everything so, so perfect. We would recommend Dan and Richard 100% to ANYONE who needs the best wedding entertainment at a value that is so beyond what they pay. Dan, Thank You again, so much! You were the best!

Haylie · Married on 09/20/2014

Daniel was an amazing and served as an asset not only to my ceremony and reception, but to the overall wedding. He kept everything within my budget and never pushed me to get things done, but offered assistance where needed outside of DJ duties. Having the yard Jenga game was a huge plus, and his assistant was a great asset to the wedding party, keeping the kids occupied and livening up the dance floor. Overall Sgt. Brown Entertainment and Sound is a DJ service that I will continue to refer other brides too and anyone that needs a DJ service! Excellent work, professional approach, and overall satisfaction from first meeting to post wedding.

Lora · Married on 09/13/2014

I can't express how happy I am with Sgt Brown's DJ services! Daniel was always available to answer my questions and quick to respond to any emails. Their services at my wedding reception were phenomenal. The guys are so personable, professional, and fun. All of my guests raved about how wonderful the DJs were. I can say, without a doubt, that Sgt Brown Entertainment and Sound made my wedding reception a million times better than I ever could have hoped for!

Taylor · Married on 07/05/2014

I thought that they were a tremendous group. They came two by two and made the night wonderful. My intentions was to just have a dj play some music and maybe get people dancing. Instead, they helped run the evening and jumped in where we had no clyde what we were doing. The most helpful was that they came to our rehearsal and coached us.

Katherine · Married on 06/20/2014

I booked Dan and his team from afar so 99% of our interaction was through phone, email, and even Skype! We didn't even meet until the day of the rehearsal! But even with that disadvantage, Dan went above and beyond helping us, both in the planning stages and especially in the execution. I had noticed that our centerpieces were not arranged as I had wanted, and Dan jumped right in to help- even though it was not remotely his duty! Dan was also very attentive to the style of music we wanted and cuts we needed to make to songs to fit the ceremony. I cannot even begin to describe how many of my guests came out of their way to tell me how great the music all night was! I HIGHLY recommend Sgt Brown for your event!

• I

Irene and Michael · Married on 05/31/2014

Daniel was such an awesome Dj to work with throughout the whole process of the wedding, and we were so fortunate to have him part of our special day. It was like a wedding coordinator/DJ all tied into one, because we literally didn't have a wedding coordinator. My wife and I came up with a pre-plan for the day and Daniel just followed it. In fact we let him run the wedding schedule after the wedding ceremony. Daniel really knows his stuff, and he made the planning that much more enjoyable. Daniel meet with us five times to make sure every detail was right, whether we meet up at our house, the church were we getting married, or the local Starbucks. Most importantly, his communication was superb. He was always emailing us to check in,sending us a text, or giving us a call to see how the wedding planning was going. We just cant say enough about him, he played all the different types of music we were looking for, he and his staff partner has such a positive, and most importantly they were always checking in with my wife and I during the reception to make sure everything was okay. Everyone loved our DJ and that's one thing people will remember about a wedding. How the ceremony went, the food, and the DJ!!

Richard and Dan were an excellent team. Couldn't ask for a better team to provide the DJ service. They went above snd beyond.

Rebecca · Married on 05/24/2014

Sgt. Brown did a spectacular job at my outdoor wedding. Richard & Daniel are very approachable & talented people, who will go above & beyond to make your day monumental.

Richard offered great ideas about my wedding, even some that aren't related to DJ-ing; it was like having a wedding consultant! He's excellent at what he does & made us feel like we had fewer things to worry about, & ladies & gentlemen, that will be a HUGE deal come the day of your event.

One example of Sgt. Brown's flexibility & attention to detail: Only a few days before the wedding did I finally choose the processional song, & Richard edited the crap out of it until the timing was perfect. We had a successful run during the rehearsal dinner the night before the wedding, & he stayed a few extra hours to discuss the wedding & answer any final questions/requests that we had. Of course, the wedding ceremony started about 45 min late due to unrelated issues, but Richard & crew worked with it & lengthened the prelude music for as long as needed.

If it makes sense for your event, ask them about uplighting. More than worth the few extra bucks & it was just a really nice touch. My outdoor wedding was on a big property with big trees (sycamores, figs, palms) scattered about, & the uplighting had a surreal effect come nightfall.

Another service we requested was the bartending. Very happy about my decision; the bartender & barback were awesome.

I interviewed several DJ companies around Fresno before choosing Sgt. Brown. Many of those companies are also highly rated on these wedding websites, but I had the best feeling about Sgt. Brown, not to mention they were the perfect price for us. They didn't give us the rehearsed, intense sales bit that most of those other companies do. Sgt. Brown just seemed genuine, fair, & capable. They work hard to make your event worth all the planning & money that goes into those few hours, & thanks to them, my wedding absolutely rocked!

Jenny · Married on 05/24/2014

Sergeant Brown was, I have to admit, a pretty damn good DJ service. I’ve been skeptical of wedding DJs (in the past) just because they have a cheesy reputation. Not these guys. They did a perfect job at choosing songs, talking to the crowd and getting people to be loose and happy. The photo booth was a sketch and a half! SOO much fun. Our setup was a little weird and the only place for the booth was way out of the way. They made sure everyone knew it was there and even had games and competitions to make it even more fun. They were courteous to even the most annoying drunk people in my party (I’m talking about you, Uncle Tom!) The met with us, took care of us, and guided us through the whole process. I hereby endorse Sgt Brown Sound for all brides and grooms to use! Amen!

Leeanna · Married on 05/16/2014

Sgt. Brown made our wedding a truly memorable experience, their attention to detail, atmosphere they created, and ways in which they kept our guests entertained was sublime. Next time I have a major event, or anyone asks for our opinion on the matter, there's only one company I'd trust and it's these guys. Thanks again!

Lizzy · Married on 03/29/2014

Sgt Brown was great! They went above our expectations. Richard really helped us out when things got crazy. He calmed people down, helped facilitate the chaos, and got things on track. After that we danced until our time was up. Great people! ;D

Cassidy · Married on 03/28/2014

Dan was GREAT! He was very easy to work with, consistent, and responsible. He would constantly check on the status of things and keep myself and my mother in the loop at all times. The reception itself was perfect. We played fun games, the music was available to play at all times, and he allowed requests and responded to them right away. Everyone loved the experience. (: Thank you, Dan!

Katie · Married on 11/30/2013

All of my guests only had great things to say about Daniel. He kept the night flowing and we all had a great time!

Sent on 12/11/2013

Sgt Brown Entertainment and Sound's reply:

You have a wonderful family and you both make a very cute couple!

Cameron · Married on 11/16/2013

Incredible DJ! I am so greatful I found someone so perfect for an important event in my life. My wife and I were really impressed with the flow of music and how he kept the night moving in a fun manner. He was early to set-up and even stayed a little later than planned. I couldnt have asked for someone better! Thanks!

Ryan · Married on 11/02/2013

He took total control at our wedding and kept things moving along. We met with him a couple times before our wedding and went over everything we wanted in detail. And he made it all happen. He was very proffesional and organized. We would highly recommend him/t hem fir any event

Amy · Married on 10/12/2013

Dan did such an amazing job at our wedding! He was able to play all the music we wanted for the wedding and worked with us for our more unique choices. He really kept the music flowing and played such a variety that everyone had a great time and danced the night away. If you want a photobooth, I would definitely suggest renting one through them. The booth they brought in was great. I can't thank them enough for being awesome and helping make our wedding memorable!

Christine · Married on 09/14/2013

DJ Dan was awesome. He was extremely professional and very involved with the planning of the event. He really went out of his way to make our day special. He offered to come to the rehersal in order to better plan for the wedding cermony. We were 1.5 hours drive from him, but he said it was no problem! Dan helped us choose our songs and pick out the vibe for the reception. He also helped make our ceremony special by suggesting that we tie a knot to symbolize our on joining forever. It was so nice to have someone who knew what they were doing, he made suggestions that we would have never thought of until it would have been too late. Dan was great help with the little things you don't think about, but have a big impact in the wedding. Oh, and his dj skills are awesome too! Everybody was dancing the entire time. I would recommend Dan with 2 thumbs WAY up.