Seymour's Diner Reviews

39 | Westmoreland, NY

39 Reviews for Seymour's Diner

Jonathan · Married on 07/13/2013

When we first met Burt, before we even tasted his food, we knew we had picked the right caterer. He made everything so easy...from customizing our menu for us to making so many arrangements with other vendor's on our behalf, and everything in between. I had no worries at all on my wedding day that everything was going to run smoothly, and Burt and his crew did not let us down! Thanks for everything...we will definitely be hiring you again in the future (just on a smaller scale!)

By the way...everyone kept telling me the food was great, and I couldn't agree more!

Sent on 07/23/2013

Thank you Jonathan!

Liza · Married on 07/05/2013

We took a "leap of faith" when we hired Seymour's to cater our wedding. Without tasting the food or knowing much about them we just went for it!! We couldn't have had a better experience. Burt and his staff are extremely capable in all areas. The food was exceptional, service was seamless and we didn't have to worry about one thing the day of. Also, a big must for us.... Seymour's was very professdional and always got back to us immediately to answer any questions we had. Thanks for making our wedding day so easy!!!! We can't wait to come back home so we can go eat at Seymour's!!!

Sent on 07/24/2013

Michelle · Married on 08/26/2012

My daughters reception was held at our home. Bert and Cheryl were more than accommodating. They made us food to sample before the event and even made arrangements for the beautiful lighted tent, tables, chairs, table clothes and napkins to be delivered and set up. The food was absolutely wonderful and most of all our guests were comfortable happy and full!! I would definitely use Seymours again.

Seymour's Diner's reply:

Burt Seymour is on fire! He was 1000% from the beginning and provided FLAWLESS service and food. Couldn't ask for more! Best prices in town. Everything was great!

Sent on 07/23/2013

Anne · Married on 08/14/2010

Burt and Cheryl were very easy to work with. Food was plentiful, maybe even too much - we had lots of leftovers.

Jamie · event on: 09/04/2014

I have used Seymours for all of my corporate picnics. Their food is delicious, their prices are more than reasonable, and everyone is always so friendly and helpful.

Thank you again!
  • User4514428 · event on: 12/20/2013

Seymour's Diner and Grill has always provided excellent food and service. They bend over backwards to accommodate all my events.

Thank you!

Tiffini · Married on 09/13/2014

I picked to have an Italian style buffet for my wedding. The food was absolutely amazing, I would not have changed a thing. Burt and his staff were very professional and polite. I even got my plate filled and carried back to my table for me. What a pleasant surprise! I would recommend Burt to everyone! His prices are reasonable and the food is amazing!

Sent on 09/16/2014
  • Sara · Getting married on 05/16/2020

Excellent Experience

Unfortunately due to a venue change, we were unable to hire Seymour’s to cater our big day.

However, I had such a great experience communicating with them and having a tasting beforehand that I wanted to make sure to leave them a great review!

My fiancé and I were looking to do a brunch wedding. While Seymour’s has a pre-madebrunch catering menu, Burt went above and beyond to create a custom menu/tasting that fit our vision, including a waffle bar and omelet station.

Burt was up front and honest in the best way possible when we were discussing Seymour’s services.

The food was AMAZING. Ever heard of French toast casserole?? We got huge portions to try of both that and their chicken and waffles dish.

While we sadly can’t use Seymour’s for our wedding, I loved the business and food so much that I have asked my mother to book my bridal shower with them.

Sent on 02/19/2019

Stephanie · Married on 05/13/2017

Burt was extremely accommodating and responsive for an out-of-town bride, and answered all of our questions fully and honestly (even when it came to knowing the best deal on the services he offered a la carte). The on-location for the tasting looks like your average diner, but the food most DEFINITELY is not. We brought four people to a tasting and could not finish all the food they shared with us - although the mac and cheese was definitely gone before we left! Our wedding isn't until early next year, but I already can't help but tell everyone how impressed I was with their service - nothing beats a stress-free vendor relationship when planning a wedding!

Sent on 09/26/2016
  • Ellie

Ellie · Married on 09/30/2017

Seymour's was really great through the planning and tasting process giving us lots of options. We wanted BBQ but still needed to accommodate our vegetarian friends and family. Our guests RAVED about the food! It was delicious. They were much later on wedding day arrival than we had originally planned, but were still up and running in time for dinner! The staff (though very young) were extremely professional and communicative with my wife and I throughout the evening. We were so grateful to have them be a part of our big day.

Sent on 10/09/2017

Crystal · Married on 09/20/2014

4.2
      3.5

Overall, my experience with Seymour's BBQ was great, but there were a few small mishaps. I am very disappointed that my champagne was not served to us, my head table or my parent's tables as it was supposed to be. There was apparently a miscommunication on the morning of the wedding about champagne flutes that I nor my husband were informed of earlier that led to us toasting with empty glasses. The wedding party should have at least been served champagne in regular cups if flutes were unavailable or the champagne should have been put out so we could have poured it ourselves. My husband carried his own plate to our table, which is not a huge deal, but usually it is etiquette that the bride and groom do not have to serve themselves. Also, I felt that our food was taken away too quickly. As soon as our last table was served, the food was gone within minutes and there was plenty left that our guests could have had seconds since we took home 10 boxes of food the next day. The food was excellent and I would recommend them, but just make sure to cover all the little details.

Sent on 10/31/2014

Carla · Married on 09/15/2018

3.4
      2.5
      0.5

The food with Seymour's was very good and we received compliments from many guests with how much that they enjoyed it. The one criticism that I can give, was that the staff started putting the food away before my guests were able to get seconds if they wanted them. I had a couple of people that addressed this to me. When we addressed this to the vendor, we were met with unprofessionalism and unkind words that personally offended and hurt my family.

Sent on 10/02/2018

Seymour's Diner's reply:

The management at Seymour’s would like to thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that your experience with us did not meet your expectations. Our staff at Seymour’s takes pride in our exceptional attention to detail, such as the extra staff that we assigned to assist you free of charge with table set up (napkins and dinnerware) as time was becoming a factor to ensure a smooth schedule of your special day. We regret you felt that we missed that mark.

We were pleased to hear that you and your guest found the food with Seymour’s very good, and that you received compliments as well. When catering at a barn venue, you are susceptible to many factors (weather, insects, etc.). Unfortunately, the venue of your choice had a neighboring field that was cutting hay, which we know creates dust and disturbance of insects. Due to these conditions beyond our control, we left the food line out as long as we possibly could to maintain safe food conditions.

Once again thank you for your feedback.

0.8
      1.5
      0.0
      1.0

Very disappointed. Was hoping for so much more after meeting Burt and his wife. Alot of miscommunication I will agree. A week before the wedding we found out plates and silverware were not included even after we spoke about it when we gave the $500 deposit. So burt graciously threw in black plasticware. 133 of each to be exact...this was the total number of guests. Then. ..the linen napkins that I had to pay extra for..two were so dirty we couldn't use them. ..so my decorator had to go to Wal-Mart to buy extra linen napkins dessert plates, appetizer plates, plasticware for the desserts...because all of this stuff was not included in the quote we were given by burt. We found this out on the day of the wedding. Bartenders were telling the guests to keep their cups because they were running low. This was right after dinner. Our macaroni dish was supposed to be broccoli alfredo with bowtie pasta....we ended up with tortellini which wasnt that great. The chicken was good and the sausage was good...everything else was...well diner food...less than mediocre. However, the most disturbing was when my decorator asked burt why they werent staying until the end to finish bussing the tables..his response was "thats what family is for". My blood boiled. This is why burt and his crew received a gratuity. After all the other failures from this diner I will NEVER use them again. Totally unprofessional and unorganized. Burt claims he is the cheapest around..well not really when you are adding in extras for silverware and plates. Burt and his business should stick to diners and backyard barbeques and leave weddings to the real catering companys.

Sent on 10/26/2014

Seymour's Diner's reply:

Thanks to internet democracy, the web gives anyone a chance to write their opinions -- whether they're thoughtful and warranted, or written sheerly out of spite, misunderstanding, or sadism. I've always insisted that myself, as a business owner, should put our emotions aside, take the high road, and give a classy response. We apologize for any undocumented misunderstandings and wish the best of luck to you both. If any perspective couples would like further information about this review, please call or email anytime.