Seymour's Diner Reviews

40 | Westmoreland, NY

40 Reviews for Seymour's Diner

Heather Brown · Getting married on 10/05/2019

Excellent Experience

Working with Seymour's Diner is fantastic! They were able to accommodate my fiancé and I's schedule for the tasting. And the food was amazing! Incredibly delicious and a great variety for a tasting. The owner was extremely nice, went over all questions with us, and easy to work with. I love how they can customize the menu so it's not a cut and dry option. 100% satisfied!

Sent on 05/15/2019

Seymour's Diner's reply:

Thank you so much Heather. It was our pleasure to be a part of your special day! Best of luck to you both!

Alicia Jones · Married on 06/22/2019

Deliciously Amazing

Burt was so helpful, knowledgeable and awesome to work with! Food was absolutely delicious and the girls delivering the food were so nice and super helpful!

Sent on 06/25/2019

Seymour's Diner's reply:

Thank you so much Alicia and Chris. It was our pleasure to be a part of your special day! You guys were the best and your venue was Beautiful! Best of luck to you both. Thanks again!
  • Audrey

Audrey · Married on 06/15/2019

Great food for a barn wedding

Seymour’s was great for our theme of our wedding. They were always super responsive and reliable. Everyone loved the chicken and pulled pork. We were especially grateful we could do a free tasting before booking them.

Sent on 06/17/2019

Seymour's Diner's reply:

Thank you so much Audrey and Chad. It was our pleasure to be a part of your special day! Best of luck to you both!

Christina · Married on 09/08/2018

Burt and his crew were fantastic! The food was terrific prices were great and the were so friendly and helpful! Would recommend them to anyone looking for a great caterer!

Sent on 09/14/2018

Lesley · Married on 09/01/2018

Omg.....all my guest still talk about still is the prime rib. My now husband wanted to call Burt and ask if he could make another, so we could bring it back to Florida with us. Burt was fantastic to wk with along with his staff. If we get up that way towards the restaurant in future, you better believe we will be eating there. Highly recommend Seymour’s!!!

Sent on 09/08/2018

Seymour's Diner's reply:

Thank you Lesley. You guys are great!

Karissa · Married on 06/16/2018

Seymour's BBQ was amazing from start to finish! From our first meeting at their restaurant to the moment they left our reception their communication and customer service is top notch. Their food is delicious and all of our guests indulged! There was more than enough for seconds and they were gracious enough to pack up the leftovers and put them in the venue fridge for us. The venue themselves commented on how wonderful and accommodating Seymour's was. I would highly recommend them to anyone for any event!!

Sent on 07/06/2018

Seymour's Diner's reply:

Thank you Karissa and Adam. It was our pleasure!

Alicia · Married on 06/09/2018

We hired them for our wedding. They were able to bring a trailer on site for an outdoor event. Overall great food. We had lots of compliments from guests. Full service which is exactly what we were looking for. However we had been told that the more popular apps would be pass apps and we were notified later in the evening that they had been set out on a table for the guests during cocktail hour. Would highly recommend this company for your event.

Sent on 06/27/2018

Kate · Married on 05/27/2018

Our food from Seymour's was amazing. From the beginning Burt was wonderful to work with -always answering his phone and very responsive to emails. As a bride, Burt made me feel calm and comfortable knowing that he was going to handle everything with the food -and he did! The Seymour team is hard working and dedicated to making great food! Our guests loved the BBQ style food for our vintage barn wedding, everything was kept warm and we got many compliments on everything! I highly recommend Seymour's Wild Hogs BBQ.

Sent on 07/31/2018

Seymour's Diner's reply:

Thank you Kate. It was our pleasure!

Ashley · Married on 09/30/2017

The food, the service, and the people were amazing, what more can a person ask for in a caterer? My guest are still talking about how delicious everything was. What was great about them was they were open to customizing the menu, worked with some last minute changes, and even accommodated any food issues my guest had. On top of that everything was DELICIOUS! They even have an option to do setup and cleanup, which is clutch in wedding planning because it allows the bride and groom the ability to relax (as much as possible) the day of. When I entered the room the first time I was so very pleased in how all the tables looked, they really have a great eye and care about what they are doing. I highly recommend booking them as your caterer, such great quality for such a great price too.

Sent on 10/11/2017
  • Cheyenne

Cheyenne · Married on 09/02/2017

I HIGHLY recommend this company! They were absolutely wonderful and really made mine and my husband's day perfect! The food was absolutely amazing and every single one of our guests complimented on the food. We actually had a couple who asked who our caterer was because they wanted to "book" them to. It was a great feeling and I'm so happy we had them as a caterer!

Sent on 09/16/2017

Seymour's Diner's reply:

Thank you Cheyenne and Dave. It was our pleasure!

Daisy · Married on 06/04/2017

Seymour's had great food and service

Sent on 06/18/2017
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 10/07/2016

Their food was delicious. We had them caterer our wedding, and everyone complimented on how good the food was. They're easy going and are reasonably priced. They are very helpful and have great choices. They will work with you to make everything go smoothly.

Sent on 10/12/2016

Ariel · Married on 09/09/2016

Burton was absolutely amazing to work with! When we meet with him, we told him what we were looking for and he was completely honest with us and our options right up front. He went above and beyond when he said he was set up my mom's veggie table for her when they set up their stuff! His staff was so friendly and awesome to have at the wedding. And most importantly, the food was AMAZING! Best BBQ I've had!! We loved it all!

Sent on 09/19/2016

Seymour's Diner's reply:

Thank you Ariel. It was our pleasure!
  • Bekkilynn

Rebecca · Married on 08/20/2016

The food was excellent. Burt responded to our questions quickly and was took care of the allergies by cooking the chicken with gluten free BBQ sauce. I was so excited. I couldn't have found anyone better to cater my reception.

Sent on 08/24/2016

Seymour's Diner's reply:

Thank you very much. It was our pleasure!

sandra · Married on 08/20/2016

I wanted BBQ type food for our wedding and the food was delicious. Our guests kept commenting on how excellent everything was. I heard the comment "now this is great wedding food" over and over. I also appreciated how their staff held my plate while I chose what I wanted to eat and they carried my plate to the table. Little touches like that make a big deal. I honestly can't thank them enough!

Sent on 08/27/2016

Seymour's Diner's reply:

Thank you so much Sandy and Dan.

kayla · Married on 09/18/2015

Exceptional, Seymours went above and beyond to catering my wedding!. They even passed out our champagne bottles and poured them for my guest I can't be more pleased with their service! Burt was honest and very responsive to all mine and my husband s questions. Oh and their food is amazing for a great price !

Sent on 12/19/2015

Seymour's Diner's reply:

Thank you Kayla. It was our pleasure. Best of luck to you both!

Burt, Cheryl, Megan and the team did an outstanding job at our wedding on 8/15/15. Their food was amazing, service was top notch, and they went above and beyond for us making it stress free. They cleaned up in a timely manner and made sure my guests never saw dirty dishes or trays laying around, and kept beverage containers full and cold. We can't brag enough about the quality of their entire service they offer. Our guests along with our families were all very happy with the wonderful and stress free experience we had with Seymour's. From choosing a menu and making sure we had enough food, to cleaning up their entire service was outstanding!

Sent on 09/14/2015

Seymour's Diner's reply:

Thank you Amanda. It was our pleasure!

Kathryn · Married on 06/05/2015

I had never heard of Seymour's before but my husband and I had gone to a bridal show while we were planning our wedding and they were one of the vendors. We both decided to try their food and we were very impressed. We looked at a few caterers and then we decided we should go to their restaurant and have a tasting. The first thing that I loved about them was that they gave you an enormous amount of food to try. You were able to sample almost anything you wanted and you were given pretty good sized portions of each. Andrew and I were both very happy with the food and agreed that we liked it the best out of the caterers we had seen. Then we sat down with Burt Seymour and he was so great. He was friendly, laid back and very helpful. Andrew and I knew by the time we left the driveway that we wanted Seymour's to cater our wedding. They not only bring the food, they provide table cloths and napkins, they clear all of the tables during the reception and they also served Andrew and I our food. I was so happy with their service and would highly recommend them to cater your event or just go to their restaurant for lunch or dinner.

Sent on 06/15/2015

Seymour's Diner's reply:

Thank you Kathryn and Andrew. We had a great time. Congratulations again!

Burt and his staff are amazing and incredibly helpful. They did everything they could to make things run smoothly.

Sent on 06/02/2015

Seymour's Diner's reply:

Thank you so much! Congratulations again.

We used Seymour's for our garden wedding in June 2015 after we had serious communication issues with a previous vendor who we ended up firing. Seymour's however was great to deal with from the start! The tasting was amazing and the food tasted exactly the same on the day of our wedding, if not better. A year later, people are still saying that our wedding food was the best they've ever had. So KUDOS to Burt and crew for that! (Pulled pork, BBQ chicken, brisket, mac salad, mac n cheese, roasted potatoes...)
    On top of the food being generally amazing, Burt and his crew went above and beyond our expectations, helping where we didn't expect them to help. They had spare time during the cocktail hour so they moved the chairs from the spot for the ceremony to the tent for the reception. I had planned on other people helping us for that but before I could even ask, it was already done!
    The bartenders were great and kept everybody good and liquored up and cut a couple people off when they very much needed it. And they were super fun and personable.
    In regards to the 1 star review someone else left, no outdoor catering company includes plates/glasses/napkins/utensils in their pricing. It's a lot of extra work and very costly. Renting them or buying your own is always required and then it's up to YOU to figure out how many cups/glasses/utensils/napkins you need. 1 drink, per person, per hour comes to a minimum of 750 cups for 150 people for 5 hours. For 150 people, you need 320 forks (1 for dinner, 1 for cake, and a few extra in case some get dropped). Sounds to me like you needed a wedding planner, not a wedding decorator. Don't blame Burt for you not knowing general stuff you need for a wedding. And everyone should know that if it's not in the contract, it doesn't exist. Do your due diligence and make sure everything discussed is in writing - either in the contract or in an email.
    I digress.
    I'd hire Seymour's again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 08/03/2016

Seymour's Diner's reply:

Thank you very much. It was our pleasure!

Burt and his team were so wonderful in answering my questions along the way and being so on top of all the details.

Jamie · event on 09/04/2014

I have used Seymours for all of my corporate picnics. Their food is delicious, their prices are more than reasonable, and everyone is always so friendly and helpful.

Thank you again!

Danielle · Married on 08/21/2014

Bella's Event Planning loves Seymours BBQ! They are always on time, efficient and have super good food!

Thank you again!

steve · Married on 08/16/2014

Seymours is great. Highly recommend them!

Thank you Steve!