Sewell Mill Events Facility & Community Center Reviews

Rating 4.1 out of 5, 4 Reviews
View more information

4.1

Hannah Married on 06/02/2018
    I keep coming back to this amazing venue because you just can't beat the amenities for the pricing! I've had a shower, wedding, and birthday party here. I will definitely keep coming back and recommending this place to all my friends and family. They have two ballrooms to choose from, both with tons of space, and a full kitchen with all appliances that you can use for no additional cost. The location is great because it's only 5 min from all the main roads so directions are a breeze for all our out of town guests. You definitely need to check this place out.
    Jean Married on 04/14/2018
    So many thanks for a memorable time at Sewell Mill. My sisters and friends helped decorate the beautiful Cherry Blossom Ballroom. building gave a true “Southern Gone with the Wind” feeling. Having a full scale kitchen worked perfectly for the reception. I especially appreciated the privacy of the Bridal suite as I prepared for my big day while the groomsmen dressed in the Board Room. The Sewell Mill staff was friendly, helpful and organized, removing unnecessary extra pressure. All together it made for a terrific day! Don’t plan on having another wedding, but I’ll be back for our class reunions.

E. Hyman
    Jess Married on 08/19/2017
    I had my son's 5th birthday here and I loved what they did with the place! It's big and accommodating. Everything was clean and decorated to the nines! I would recommend again and again!
    Carey Married on 10/10/2015
    The staff at sewell mill needs to get a clue. I rented the cherry blossom room for an event 9 months before the actual event were to take place. When I went to get the keys 2 days before my party I discovered that SEVERAL lights were blown. You could barely see to set up the tables & decor. When I asked to have them replaced the lady told me the bulbs were located in the closet and we could replace them. EXCUSE ME! Needless to say, after complaining to my coordinator the lights were replaced the next day. But that's not the worst part. The worst part is on the day we went to set up we discovered that the kitchen is INFESTED with roaches!! Not just one or two. But hundreds! I've never seen a public place like that. And when I told the staff, all they said was "well, it is a nonprofit organization." Ok?? What difference does that make lady? It's nasty. I couldn't use the kitchen at all. It was a waste. I wish I never would have rented that place. Do not rent it unless you plan on serving bugs!!

Sewell Mill Events Facility & Community Center's reply:

Hello. I was going over past reviews of Sewell Mill, we are under new management.. and I noticed that you had a horrible experience when you booked with us in 2015. We have recently renovated and I assure you that you would love the place. I do apologize for what happened in the past and would love to make it up to you.. We would like to offer you an event at our expense... Are you available to come by sometime and view the venue?