SERVE! Catering and Events Reviews

49 | Charleston, SC

49 Reviews for SERVE! Catering and Events

Serve catered my wedding and they were fabulous. Everyone raved about the food and Lauren is wonderful to work with. Their shrimp and grits are some of the best I have ever tasted. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 11/30/2014
  • Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn · Married on 08/30/2014

Lauren is amazing! During the year that I spent planning my wedding, Lauren was consistently flexible patient and sososo knowledgable. I planned my charleston wedding from raleigh, and Lauren as my eyes and ears in charleston. Lauren was our caterer and coordinator.

As our coordinator, Lauren managed our rentals from event works, checked out our venue and sent pictures, and was always available to talk through everything from flowers to seating logistics. Because I was out of state, I was extra needy and Lauren was always available to talk me through our plan and pull me off the ledge. On our wedding weekend, Lauren was literally superwoman. She ran all over the place, from coordinating the rental delivery, setting up the rentals, managing our rehearsal, she even received our bulk flower delivery and dropped it at our hotel. She managed everything the day of, and kept me calm.

As our caterer, Lauren rocked! The food was amazinggggg, everyone ate and ate and ate. We had crab stuffed mushrooms and fried green tomatoes for our cocktail hour, then a beef carving station and shrimp and grits win mashed potatoes, cinnamon and sugar carrots and baked Mac and cheese, then a snack later into the night with fried chicken sliders and ham biscuits, and everything was to die for and sooo reasonably priced. I changed our menu at least 20 times, food was a priority for us and I wanted it to be perfect, and Lauren was so patient and willing to rework my quote and help me stay in budget. Everyone loved he food, we're still hearing from friends and family that it was the best wedding food they've ever had.

I would recommend Lauren to anyone. She gave me my perfect wedding, she is a professional with a personal touch and should be nominated for sainthood. Love you Lauren!

Sent on 09/07/2014

Working with Lauren from Serve! Catering and Events was a delight. Lauren is knowledgeable, professional and enthusiastic. She worked with us to get the menu we felt applicable to the venue. Serve! Catering and Events has a varied menu and offerings and the food was absolutely wonderful. Many of the guests commented on how much they enjoyed the food which is such an important aspect of the event.

You owe it to yourself to talk to Lauren and compare prices and menus. You won't go wrong hiring them for your event.

Sent on 02/06/2014

Lisa · Married on 01/27/2014

Lauren and her company Serve! did such a fantastic job of planning our wedding. She thought of things that I never would have and her attention to detail is excellent. She is very well-connected so we got more than we could have imagined. If you want a fabulous wedding, you've found the right planner!

Sent on 03/22/2014

Laurinda · Married on 10/20/2013

It was a pleasure to work with Lauren, Her ease at handling the coordination of the event allowed me to completely enjoy the day. The food was awesome, as well as the presentation. Her support staff were efficient and polite. Family and friends said the day was perfect!!!!

Sent on 10/29/2013

JoAnn · Married on 10/12/2013

Lauren Moniz and her professional staff were easy to work with, communicate with, and did their utmost to make our wedding the beautiful event we imagined. Her food was the best quality and served attractively. Her staff moved about and did their work without being in the way. They handled any problems on their own with great poise. I will seek them again when I need an event planner or caterer.

Sent on 11/04/2013

Stacey · Married on 10/11/2013

We had a Rehearsal Dinner and no one lives where the wedding was. It was a Destination Wedding. I spent months with Lauren planning and she was an excellent communicator and worked dilligently to get the feel of what it was we wanted to convey from the standpoint of food and atmosphere.

Sent on 10/14/2013

Dawn · Married on 09/21/2013

The presentation of the food became artwork at our wedding! It was as beautiful to look at as it was delicious! Lauren and her staff are amazing!! As a bride, it was a relief to know I was in the best hands with no worries on our wedding day. It was perfect!!

Sent on 10/30/2013

Dawn · Married on 09/21/2013

The food and service was fantastic!! We are still getting compliments on the quality of food and service to this day! Lauren made everything look so easy and took all the stresses that a bride has to worry about completely out of my hands from our first meeting. She truly took care of our every need and want that we had on our list for our wedding day and it was always with a smile. I would definitely refer SERVE! to the next bride and groom or for any event that you want to be a success because she will make sure it is nothing but that and more.

Sent on 11/05/2013

Maddie · Married on 05/26/2013

THE BEST COMPANY in town.. Lauren and her team were fabulous. Lauren has a true passion for this business and she is very talented in all that she creates.. from the start she was so helpful in the planning and color scheme and then the day of with the food, the bar and her the staff.. it was the best day of my life. She made it so fun for us and the food was amazing.. We will use SERVE for many other events. You will LOVE working with SERVE..
    Maddie and Brian Smith

Sent on 06/16/2013

McKeela · Married on 05/17/2013

Lauren was such a pleasure to work with! She helped me create the perfect beach house menu and my guests loved everything! Lauren was very responsive and sweet! I would highly recommend her to any bride!

Sent on 06/21/2013
  • User2517244 · event on: 04/20/2012

SERVE! Catering and Events catered a volunteer luncheon for my work in April and did a wonderful job! Every detail of the event was perfect, down to the ribbon tied around the silverware. Lauren and Danny were absolutely great to work with and very skilled at what they do. They were able to work with our budget and create a luncheon with delicious food that satisfied even the pickiest of our guests. I was so impressed with Lauren and Danny and their catering and event planning abilities, that I am using them for my May 2013 wedding! I highly recommend SERVE! Catering and Events for any event big or small, they truly have a passion for what they do and will make your event exceptional.

Sent on 09/05/2012

Kimberly · Married on 04/05/2013

Serve! Catering and Events did an amazing job with both of our events. They catered my sons rehearsal dinner and wedding. Serve! is a one stop shop. Lauren was our coordinator of all. She listens and gave excellent advise. She took my son and his brides vision and professionally, expertly and most of all beautifully put both of their events together. One of my favorite things was having all our rentals (tables, chairs and linens) food and décor all with one vendor. Saves so much time!! Serves food was amazing....many of our guest said, "this was the best food they have ever had". I strongly recommend anyone needed a caterer check out Lauren and staff!!!! I will definitely use them again!!

Sent on 05/07/2013

Katie · Married on 08/11/2012

My husband and I recently had the pleasure of working with SERVE! Catering and Events. Danny and Lauren are talented and genuine people. They listen to your needs and do everything they can do bring your vision to life. SERVE! provides affordable, personable, and top notch service.

We met with SERVE! with only three months to get everything planned out. I was a nervous wreck but Lauren always made me feel at ease. We had complete faith in Lauren and Danny and they came through with flying colors!

We are so happy we found SERVE! and highly recommend them! You will not be disappointed!

Katie and Andrew Doyle

Sent on 08/23/2012

Kathleen · Married on 10/12/2013

Lauren is amazing. Her attitude and knowledge of her business is fantastic. Her staff was professional and personable. All my guests were well fed and very complimentary on both the presentation and the taste. Everything was perfect!

Sent on 10/19/2013

SERVE! Catering and Events and Lauren are absolutely amazing! I cannot thank Lauren and her staff enough for giving me the wedding of my dreams. I had worked with Lauren on several events for my work before I got engaged and was extremely impressed with her professionalism, catering abilities and delicious food, so when I got engaged it was an easy decision to go with SERVE! for my wedding.
    Lauren served as both the caterer and the event planner for my wedding, making it extremely convenient. Lauren listened to what we wanted, provided guidance, worked with our budget and created a beautiful wedding. My parents and I were stress free on my wedding day, because Lauren and her staff took care of handling every detail and made sure everything was perfect, even when the weather decided to change our reception plans, she made sure everything was comfortable and wonderful and our wedding venue was the picture of Southern Charm. I can’t say enough about the exceptional quality of our food, all of our guests raved about our mouth-watering Southern food. The shrimp and grits turned skeptics into believers, and even the pickiest of eaters enjoyed their delicious meal. Weeks after my wedding I am still craving the Mac and Cheese! The serving staff was extremely professional and polite and made sure all of our needs were met, the bartenders even made sure they knew my husband and my drinks of choose so it was ready when we walked up!
    Lauren has a true passion and talent for what she does, and pours her heart and soul into her work and makes any event she does outstanding. She took my vision for my wedding and made it real, her attention to detail shows in every aspect of her work and I was extremely happy to work with her. Lauren and her staff truly made our wedding unforgettable and I cannot thank them enough for giving us such a fantastic day. I would highly recommend SERVE! Catering and Events to anyone looking for a fabulous event!

-Lisa

Sent on 05/23/2013

Kelly · event on: 10/25/2014

Lauren and her staff served all passed foods with 2 displays throughout our 60 guest party. We had a bar (beer and wine) and it was in our home. This group was amazing, professional and we received very positive feedback from our guest on the food and service.

SERVE will always be our first call.

Sent on 12/17/2014

Lauren was a pleasure to work with on our wedding. She was very pleasant and flexible!

Sent on 04/23/2013

Ann · event on: 04/18/2012

3.5

SERVE! was great. They catered our awards dinner, and the set up was beautiful and the food was delicious. We didn't even ask for the set up to be decorated, and they made it look like a work of art, accented with flowers. We look forward to working with them again, and eating more delicious succatash!

Sent on 09/06/2012

4.2
      2.5

Lauren's energy and enthusiasum makes her wonderful to work with. My only complaint would be that her communication was sometimes poor - (responding to emails, answering questions, etc.) As the bride, I didn't really get to enjoy the food - although a plate was made for me, by the time I got to eat it was cold. I did appreciate that Lauren was willing to try something new and made us lobster roll appetizers - but again, I wasn't able to enjoy any. All in all it was a great experience and everything came together perfectly on the day.

Sent on 04/16/2016

4.2

Lauren and her team did a wonderful job! She was such a huge help with getting everything together for our big day.

Sent on 05/15/2013

3.5

Laruen and her team did a wonderful job with our wedding. She was such a huge help planning where things would go, how many tables and linens we needed, and just getting everything ready for our big day. the food that they served was amazing. the only complaint we got from some of our guests was that by the time a few of them got to the food, there was only a few items left. but they did such a wonderful job!

Sent on 05/26/2013

3.5

Lauren and Jan are wonderful people, enthusiastic, happy and willing to please and open to our ideas. Caroline was wonderful as well! The venue is gorgeous. The food was good but could've been more of it. Lauren was sometimes difficult to connect with.

Sent on 04/17/2016

SERVE! Catering and Events's reply:

Thank you for your kind words.. We loved working with you and my deepest regrets for not responding sooner than I did on occasion. I try to be the one in contact throughout the planning phases so I can assure things are done according to my conversations. As my business grows I will be bringing on my asst to help have a faster return on emails, text, etc.. Thank you again for sharing as it only helps me grow further..

3.0
      1.5

we were pretty disappointed on how things turned out with this vendor.

Sent on 05/23/2016

SERVE! Catering and Events's reply:

I too, was very disappointed with this client and how they handled themselves. Very inappropriate behavior but they were given everything they asked for, even giving them a rehearsal party at no additional charge. I can attest I will be very selective with signing on a client Like this in the future..