Serge Gree Photography and Videography Reviews

58 | Union City, NJ

58 Reviews for Serge Gree Photography and Videography

We had a great experience using Serge for videography at our wedding in August. We contacted him in a hurry, since we decided very last minute to have a videographer at all. He was accommodating and was available on short notice. He came early to scope out the grounds, and to familiarize himself with the setting. He was professional and unobtrusive, which helped us from feeling too stressed on our busy day. The video he created for us is lovely and very well done. He is a talented professional, that we would definitely recommend to other couples looking for videography. We are very happy to have such a nice video to look back on in the future.

Sent on 11/25/2014
  • #

Ashley · Married on 05/18/2014

Our pictures turned out great. I am very happy. Serge provides a very good value for a wedding photographer. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 06/28/2014

Crystal · Married on 06/09/2012

Serge was great! Our photos were fantastic! We met up with him at a park prior to the wedding and I was a little worried about him finding a slightly obscure location but he was there waiting for us when our whole troop arrived. The photos turned out great!

Sent on 08/06/2012

Richard · Married on 08/22/2015

Our video turned out excellent! Although we dealt with a few hiccups during our wedding ceremony (due to other vendors), Serge was extremely accommodating. Serge provides a very good value as a wedding videographer.

If you are considering his services, I highly recommend you set up some time to meet him in person!

Rich and Kerry

Sent on 01/23/2016

Dhara · Married on 04/29/2016

Serge is very professional. He showed up on time and did not rush us for taking pictures. he was very patient and he delivered pictures on time. He also edited some more pictures according to our request

Sent on 05/24/2016

Amanda · Married on 01/21/2012

We hired Serge to take our wedding photos and he was always responsive, punctual, and affordable. He has an artistic eye, and knows how to capture important moments in a creative way. The photos came out great and I would definitely recommend him.

Sent on 02/25/2012

David · Married on 10/01/2011

Serge took great pictures, and did a great job editing those photos. You get a DVD with all JPG's, so you have the freedom afterwards to decide how you want them printed.

I recommend Serge as a solid, no frills photographer

Sent on 11/12/2011

bruce · Married on 11/04/2016

1.2
      1.0
      0.5

Things seemed good at first with Serge. He was very responsive and polite by e-mail and phone. He was extremely rude from the very start. He was very impatient and annoyed during the entire day. I had sent him specific instructions on pictures we wanted to take off-site, but after the ceremony, he acted like it had never been discussed and he didn't know where to go. He was visibly angry. (The off-site location was a 1/4 mile from the church.) When we returned to take pictures in the sanctuary with the wedding party and families, he was incredibly insulting to everyone. I had to call him out twice to take it down a notch.

He did not take any time to arrange the wedding party or family members for pictures. He pretty much let people stand where they wanted, took a picture and rushed us to the next shot. He did not bother to adjust people's clothing and the candelabras were unlit for our pictures....things you expect a professional photographer to be aware of when you are paying him over $2000. The pictures we got back were on a hard drive. I had to push since he was more than 2 weeks late in getting them to me. So, I didn't have them to use as holiday gifts. The pictures turned out OK, but nothing special.

The videographer he contracted was much nicer, but I think that was because he didn't speak any English. The video footage was just OK. To save money, I said I'd take the raw footage and put it together myself. The video I was given was from 4 different cameras. The main camera that videographer used was cut off during key moments of the ceremony and reception. He didn't even capture video of the bride walking into the sanctuary!! I had to use the footage from the balcony camera. (In that footage, you can see the video guy still filming the bridesmaids after the bride's music started.

Overall, very disappointed. Sorry to say that I'd never recommend Serge.

Sent on 05/05/2017

Serge Gree Photography and Videography's reply:

This is absolutely not true! I can't prove you wrong about the first part of the review (“extremely rude”, “impatient”, “angry”, etc.). It will be just my word against yours. But your review has obviously false information:

1. “He was incredibly insulting to everyone. I had to call him out twice to take it down a notch”
    Thank God, this nightmare is just a fantasy. That was never happened in reality.

2. “He did not take any time to arrange the wedding party or family members for pictures.”
    If I didn't do it, then who did? Of course I did it, otherwise you wouldn't have those pictures, but you have all of them.

3. “He pretty much let people stand where they wanted”, “He did not bother to adjust people's clothing”
    Anything wrong with group pictures? I just checked your gallery. You have beautiful group pictures.

4. “Videographer didn't even capture video of the bride walking into the sanctuary”
    People who read this, might think what a terrible thing happened! In fact everything was great! He captured it and you received this footage from the main camera. I have this footage as well to prove it. I can synchronize footage from four cameras and edit your ceremony beautifully. But you didn't want it, you wanted to save money.

5.“Videographer didn't speak any English”
    Usually videographers speak much less than photographers, it's normal. In fact he speak English very well. You just made another false statement.

I'm sorry you are disappointed.