32 Reviews for Serene Bridal Beauty

Updos/Styling (3)
Fake Lashes (2)
Airbrush Makeup (1)
32 Serene Bridal Beauty Reviews

I don’t know how to recommend Evelyn and Serene Bridal Beauty enough! She and her assistant, Meghan, did a fantastic job with my girls’ hair and makeup on my wedding day. Everyone looked absolutely perfect and gorgeous without looking overdone. They accentuated their natural beauty and looked flawless!

My own hair and makeup was exactly what I wanted and I had absolutely no idea what that was until I sat in the chair. It was a beautiful half up and half down style, with handmade (by Evelyn) clip in hair extensions to add volume. The curls lasted all night and even into the next day. Evelyn even left a little kit for touch ups, which was very useful after taking so many pictures.

Both Evelyn and Meghan arrived at the venue on time and were already working on the first few services by the time I got there. Most of the day, we were running ahead of schedule, which kept everyone relaxed, and the day as stress free as it possibly could be.

Evelyn also did my hair and makeup for my engagement party, which doubled as my bridal trial. She was at my mom’s house on time and worked efficiently and thoroughly to go over all of my options. I was ready to go with time to spare and again, she gave me a small container of lip stain for touch ups.

If you’re looking for someone to do your hair and makeup for your wedding, don’t look any further. Evelyn and her team will not disappoint!

Profile Picture Margarita, 10/1/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Updos/Styling, Consultations, Hair, Makeup

Thank goodness I had Evelyn from Serene Bridal Beauty as my makeup artist for my wedding day! My hair and makeup looked AMAZING and the color palette she applied, complimented all my features and my champagne gown. Evelyn also did my hair and makeup for my engagement shoot. She is so talented, very patient and really knows how to make you look your absolute best. I highly recommend Evelyn from Serene Bridal Beauty's services for your Wedding!!!

Profile Picture Tina, 8/7/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Miss Evelyn Lui did my hair and make up for my wedding day and it was absolutely gorgeous. She also worked on my mother and mother-in-laws hair and makeup as a result they looked beautiful. She knew how to work with each of our skin and features and i felt amazing and beautiful on my wedding day. The make up did not look overwhelming, just perfect, and both hair and make up lasted and held up til the end of my night. I highly recommend Evelyn as i have only positive experience and outcome. I Love how i came out in all my wedding pictures! Thanks Evelyn for an amazing job!

Profile Picture brenda, 4/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Evelyn of Serene Bridal Beauty made me feel more beautiful than I ever have in my entire life. That sounds like an exaggeration, but I swear it's not! I had a few basic ideas about what I wanted for my wedding hair and makeup, but she went above and beyond. Both my sister and I were thrilled with how our looks turned out, and we got compliments all night. She was a professional and relaxing presence on our big day and I am so happy we found her. Thank you Evelyn!!

Profile Picture Alana, 4/24/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Fake Lashes, Updos/Styling, Consultations, Hair, Makeup

Evelyn and Sarah from Serene Bridal Beauty did an amazing job on our wedding day. Evelyn was so easy to work with, always being flexible with timing and appointments, which I especially appreciated since I live in NYC. The day of the wedding, Evelyn and Sarah were super professional, efficient and organized and kept everything moving smoothly. I loved my hair and makeup, as did all my bridesmaids. I also loved how well Evelyn and Sarah worked with the older ladies in our party (my mom, mother-in-law and grandma), they really understood well the different needs/wants of all age ranges and everyone ended up looking gorgeous and age-appropriate.

You won't regret hiring Evelyn and her team, my bridesmaids and I got compliments all night long on our hair and makeup. We happily accepted the accolades but Evelyn and Sarah deserve all the credit.

Profile Picture Genie, 10/31/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

WOW! I'm so grateful I hired Serene Bridal Beauty/Evelyn for my wedding. Evelyn did a really amazing job making me look and feel like myself - just a bit more dressed up version. This was really important to me and I could'nt have been happier with the results. Evelyn worked quickly and efficiently and was totally flexible. Also, my makeup and hair lasted all day (about 10 hours) - through some wind, crying and crazy dancing. She also made all of my bridesmaids look beautiful - she is a great listener and communicator, both before your wedding day and during. Hire Serene Bridal Beauty!!!

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/3/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

This review has taken me a year to finally write, but I got my wedding album finally and it made me fall in love with my hair and makeup all over again which reminded me that I needed to write this!

When it came time to pick someone to do my hair and makeup for my wedding, I already knew that I wanted Evelyn from Serene Bridal Beauty. She did the hair & makeup for a wedding that I was in a few years ago and I absolutely loved it and got so many compliments that night. We did my preview on the day of my engagement shoot which she suggested and I thought was a great idea! I had some pictures that I sent her ahead of time for my hair and for makeup and I pretty much just let her do her thing. I didn't want the exact same look for both my engagement photos & the wedding so she talked with me about how she would make the looks different.

I paid a little more to have Evelyn stay at my hotel the night before my wedding which she was totally willing to do so that I wouldn't have to stress at all the morning of. I highly recommend doing that if your venue is a little far like mine was.

A week before my wedding I found a hairstyle that I loved slightly more than what we had talked about so I emailed Evelyn and asked if we could do that instead and she said it wouldn't be a problem at all. The morning of my wedding, she came to my room before anyone else showed up and we got started early enough that I was completely calm and not stressed at all on time.

I LOVE LOVE LOVED my hair and makeup. It came out better than I imagined. My husband loved it all and the pictures came out beautiful. I wish I could have Evelyn around to do my makeup for every event I have!

Don't hesitate to book a preview with her if you aren't sure, because you are sure to fall in love after! Thanks so much for making my day so special, Evelyn!!

Profile Picture Florence, 9/7/14, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes, Consultations, Hair, Makeup, Updos/Styling

Evelyn was everything I could of wished for on my wedding day! Being in the wedding industry myself, I worked with her many times before my wedding day and knew I wanted her to be there as soon as I was engaged. Evelyn is extremely sweet, creative, and talented at what she does. She was great about hearing my ideas, asking for examples, and took the time at the trial to play around with a few options. She even suggested a great moisturizer when she noticed my skin was a little dry and made sure everything was exactly how I wanted it. I felt amazing and beautiful on my wedding day, and I couldn't of asked for a better person to have made it happen.

Profile Picture Candice, 2/5/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

First off, i want to thank Evelyn from Serene Bridal Beauty for making me so beautiful on my Wedding Day. A friend recommended Serene bridal beauty to me, but since i was using the Knot.com for most of my wedding planning, i decided to look them up through the knot search. She had such great reviews about her work i had to at least request her for a first look. When Evelyn arrived she was on time and ready to go. I gave her a quick explanation of how i wanted to wear my hair and makeup, and i swear she pretty much got it right on the dot. I was so happy with the hair style and makeup, i even left it on to go out with my girlfriends that night.

On the day of the wedding. She arrived on time and with her assistant. I requested hair and makeup for all of my bridesmaids and both my mother and soon to be mother in law. She did such a wonderful job, and everyone looked so great. I actually hired her for the whole night so she could help touch up my hair and makeup. The most wonderful part of it all was even after the wedding was over, she stayed and dropped down on her knees to help me with the finicky buttons on the back of my dress. I cant thank you enough Evelyn, and words really cant explain how special you made me feel on my Special Day.

Profile Picture Carolina, 12/14/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Evelyn and her team with Serene Bridal Beauty made all my dreams of my special look for my incredible day come true! I could not have asked for a better team to work with! I gave Evelyn several ideas I had for hair and make up for my wedding day . I explained to her that I wanted them all! She delivered just that all my ideas in one hair style and make up for this important day. I love her work and as soon as it was done on the preview, there was nothing that I would have changed. Evelyn and her team encompass a technique and talent that cannot be compared to any stylist or make-up artist I've ever worked with ever. I look forward to hiring Evelyn and her team soon, maybe for a future baby shower??? I highly recommend her to all my family friends and anyone reading this. She will not disappoint! I felt like a star on my wedding day and there was no way to be out shined with Evelyn and her team on my side! Thank you so much for making me feel remarkably gorgeous and stunning for the love of my life and now husband!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 9/28/13, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Amazing service, quality, professionalism, and personality. Evelyn is super sweet and made everyone in my wedding party (bride included) look gorgeous for the big day, and her assistant the day of did great work as well. Makeup was flawless and not too heavy (we decided against airbrushing, but it is available) and hair was beautiful, comfortable, and not overdone. I highly recommend her services to any bride or anyone else needing quality hair/makeup services.

Profile Picture Lisa, 9/21/13, 1 Review
3.8

Evelyn and her team did a great job on all of our party (myself and bridesmaids). I'm still waiting for photos back but from the ones I've seen, I look great and all of my girls looked fantastic. That said, there were a few things that I wasn't crazy about. One was that we had talked about airbrushing some scars that I had - that didn't happen. When I asked for contouring, I was hoping for something other than my cheekbones (particularly my jawline); I didn't notice until looking at the pictures that didn't really seem to happen. Another was that one of my bridesmaids was really unhappy with her makeup (not by Evelyn, but one of the other girls). When we brought it up, Evelyn was very nice about it and they fixed it as well as they could. The main thing that I didn't like was that even after 3 or 4 emails detailing the services I needed, which included one person that I specified wanted false eyelashes only, and getting a final quote, she asked for an additional $10 for the eyelash application on the day of the wedding.

Long story short... we looked great, Evelyn was super nice to work with, but I wish we had really gotten more specific in the planning stages and I wish she'd paid more attention to my specific requests and the paperwork side of things. I still like her a lot and would definitely recommend her.

Profile Picture User2968360, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Evelyn. She made me the most beautiful I have ever been & felt, as a bride. From the get go, upon comparison to other hair & make-up, SBB is a real bang for your buck! And another bonus is that they come to you for the preview. Evelyn did such a great job at my preview that one of my bridesmaids booked her for her wedding next year.
It was easy to communicate with Evelyn via email or by phone. She's sweet, professional & just so talented at what she does. My make-up on my wedding day needed NO touch up, even though Evelyn gives you a touch up kit. It was flawless. Should I have another big event, I would not hesitate to book SBB.

Profile Picture Lady Diane, 8/4/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I honestly believe Evelyn is the best in the business!! I've worked with her as a photographer and now as a bride. Time and time again, her service has proven to be flawless.

I LOVED how my hair and makeup turned out, and I'm still getting compliments on how beautiful I looked. There was no other choice when it came to my wedding, and she will always be my first choice for any special occasions!

Profile Picture Kaysha, 11/11/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Evelyn is such an amazing person to work with! She did my hair and make up for my engagement shoot and I felt like a celeb! She is professional and has great instinct when it comes to hair and make up. You won't be disappointed!

Profile Picture User1665894, 2+ years ago, 9 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I was a bride who had a hard time communicating exactly what I wanted after looking at a bunch of pictures of hairstyles. Sarah was incredibly sweet and worked with total positivity and energy to get the look that I wanted despite the fact that my hair type was different than the pictures I was looking at. She was professional and incredibly understanding. I went into the process blind but came out incredibly happy. Email communication with Serene was amazing- incredibly responsive and perfect for my needs. Thanks ladies!

Profile Picture User2615511, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Looking and feeling beautiful on my wedding day was very important for me. As I searched the profiles of several vendors, nothing gave me that wow affect when looking through the pictures. Until I saw Serene Bridal's profile. All the girls looked beautiful and looked like brides. Evelyn was our stylist and she was wonderful! Very professional, friendly, and helpful. I loved my hair and make up on my wedding day, and the compliments did not stop all night of how beautiful I looked. Thank you Evelyn and Serene Bridal, for making me the beautiful bride that I dreamed of being on my wedding day!

Profile Picture Sandra, 8/11/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Evelyn is the best! She did my hair and make up for my wedding day. She is super fun to work with and professional as well. You will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture User2733619, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

A really professional and talented team. During my preview, Evelyn was thorough and went over in detail on how to achieve the best look for me. She was understanding, patient and honest. Evelyn even explained hairstyle lingo - e.g. "structured" vs. "textured," etc. On the day of my wedding, Evelyn and her assistant arrived early and finished on time. I was impressed with their time management. I really loved my make-up - natural and flawless. And it stayed on really well all day! My bridesmaids looked beautiful and were happy with their hair and make-up as well. My bridesmaids were trying to figure out their hairstyles that morning, and Evelyn and her assistant were helpful in helping them pick a hairstyle that worked for each girl. Overall, I was very satisfied with the service Evelyn and her assistant provided - I was one happy Bride :)

Profile Picture Eri, 10/23/11, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Evelyn was amazing! She was able to work well with my thick hair and was very open to my comments. She knew exactly what I was looking for in a hair-style up-do and her makeup skills are perfect! She was so sweet and professional and fit right in with my family and friends.

I would use her again any time.

Profile Picture Dannielle, 9/17/11, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Evelyn Lui was my initial Serene Bridal Beauty contact and handled all of the business transactions. She is great with email and phone communication and sent me her lead stylist, Sarah Jones.

Sarah Jones did my preview in February 2011 and I just loved her. She is/was 24 years old but had so much experience under her belt that it was no surprise that she could do anything. I was very impressed by her work.

On my wedding day (July 2011), Sarah showed up on time and prepared. She had never seen my bridesmaids before, nor have seen what they wanted for their hair and make up. With one glance at the pictures they showed her, she was able to do her magic. From 8:30AM until 12:30PM, she had my two bridesmaids and myself in our hair and make up...which lasted until 11PM when the party stopped. Although sweaty, drunk, and tired, my bridesmaids and I still looked beautiful.

Sarah also addressed my concerns. My hair is very thick Asian hair, which means my curls fall out within a few hours when I do it, but when Sarah did my hair, my curls lasted all day. I also get major racoon eyes from eye make-up, especially when I smile. She managed to take care of it so that I wouldn't have that problem all day...and I didn't!

Sarah is young and fun to talk to. She is extremely prepared so that she can work on the fly. The cost was not expensive at all for the quality of her work. After a discount, it came down to $120 per person for hair and makeup on location (she comes to you). I would definitely call Serene Bridal Beauty again for any special occassion!

Thank you Evelyn, Sarah, and Serene Bridal Beauty!

Profile Picture Thy, 7/9/11, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Evelyn was so amazing when she came to do my hair and make up. I had clip in extensions for her to put in. For my preview, I realized I got extensions that were too long so it looked too thin at the bottom. She took the time after she was done with my preview to find additional extensions which she doubled up so my hair would look fuller. She did this so I wouldn't have to go buy another whole box.
On the day of my wedding she put in the extensions and they looked great! No one knew I had extensions in. I also had 5 bridesmaids that each had their hair and make up done. All of my girls looked so beautiful and we were all done on time. Evelyn is very passionate about what she does and pays a lot of attention to detail. She listened to what I wanted and executed it better than I could've imagined. She had the best attitude and I felt comfortable around her. She also helped keep everybody's stress level to a minimum. I'm so happy that I chose her for my wedding and I strongly suggest everybody else to do the same.

Profile Picture Amanda, 6/16/11, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Evelyn it's great, she made me feel the most beautiful girl ever.

Profile Picture Mayra, 6/11/11, 5 Reviews
4.3

Good service, but she needs more experience working with big partyes.

Profile Picture Mayra, 6/11/11, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Serene Bridal Beauty was amazing to work with. She did amazing work and was the best value I found in LA. Highly recommend them!

Profile Picture anne, 5/29/11, 1 Review