Sensational Host Reviews

63 Reviews for Sensational Host

• Megan

Megan Kouri · Married on 09/14/2019

Exceptional Catering Experience

Kara and Cory were so amazing! We are so happy that we chose Sensational Host to cater our wedding. We felt that they really cared and put in so much effort to make sure that we had the day of our dreams. There isn't one thing that I can say went wrong or made me disappointed on our wedding day. All of the food was delicious, all of the decor that we picked with them looked amazing, and all of the vendors they include in their package were just as amazing.

Sent on 12/26/2019
  • X

Xenia · Married on 05/26/2019

Seriously Stop Looking for a Caterer..this is it

My husband and I live in Florida and were planning a wedding in New Jersey. Let's just start with first impressions, Sensational Host blew everyone else out of the water right from the get go. After our experience during our tasting, we did not even bother going to anymore tastings, we were on the fence between the reception venue that we chose and another venue, and after the experience during the tasting at Sensational Host, we easily finalized our venue decision. We literally chose our reception venue based off how good the food was at the tasting. We knew we could not plan our destination wedding without them once we met Jeffrey. The food was some of the best food I've had, we had a personal waiter and everything cooked to order at the tasting with a printed menu card that we could make notes on based on our preferences. They had a printed sign with our names on the door welcoming us upon our arrival. They think ahead about everything, and plan everything to a T, exactly what you would want for your wedding. At the wedding our guests raved about how it was some of the best wedding food they ever had. Jeffrey and Kara were excellent about communicating. I cannot even believe how much information they processed, retained and responded about without missing a beat. No detail was overlooked. Jeffrey also acted as our day of coordinator. Jeffrey and his team received boxes on boxes on boxes of wedding decor and did a fantastic job of setting everything up. He has an intuition for aesthetics and pays attention to details. We were so worried about things not being set up how we imagined them in our heads, and when we walked into the ballroom on our wedding day, we were completely blown away. We never heard "No, sorry we don't do that", only a happy unequivocal yes to our every request and need. Our guests went on and on about how much they loved the decor and it would not have been possible without Jeffrey and the team at Sensational Host. On the day of Jeffrey discovered we did not provide enough batteries for all our LED candles...no problem, dude is at the store the day of buying batteries, and we never heard another thing about it. He contained small bits of drama created by guests with a smile on his face and a great sense of humor. Our planning from over 1200 miles away was extremely stressful and my husband and I constantly would rest assured saying each other, "No matter what happens, at least we have Jeffrey and Kara." We knew without a shadow of a doubt we could trust them to carry out every decision or request, however big or small. and that they would intuitively know how to handle every situation we could not foresee, and they did. The team the day of was fantastic. Guests commented on how there was always a server everywhere they could possibly look during cocktail our with a variety of hors d'oeuvres. One guest made a very specific request as to what they would like to see on a tray for two people and moments later a server returned with their exact wishes. They made vegan orders specifically for our very small portion of vegan guests. They ensured we had two vegan cupcakes from the bakery included in their package. Servers were chasing me and husband around the reception making sure we stayed hydrated. This vendor is truly unbelievable, and they include everything you could want as a part of their package. I could go on and on, and I sort of have, but they're really that good.

Sent on 05/31/2019

Sensational Host's reply:

Ahh thank you Xenia! We loved working with you and Joe :) Couples like you two are why we love what we do! We'll share your review with our entire team here. Thanks Xenia!
  • Janelle

Janelle Brenner · Married on 05/18/2019

Awesome team!

Doug and his team were phenomenal. From the rehearsal tonight the day of I couldn't ask for a better team. They made sure we were taken care of and everything went smoothly. I'd definitely recommend them!!

Sent on 07/22/2019

Sensational Host's reply:

Thank you so much Janelle! We loved working with you and Josh and we wish you both all the happiness in the world!

Allyssa · Married on 05/10/2019

Cory, Jeffrey, Emily and the whole staff were wonderful and made our day so special. They were there to answer any questions we had. The Food was Delicious from the Hors D'oeuvres to the end of the night snack of cheeseburger sliders with mini Coca-Cola Bottles.

Sent on 03/23/2017
  • I

Isabella · Married on 05/27/2018

One of the best decisions we made for our wedding was going with Sensational Hosts. They were a preferred caterer through our reception venue, and we can not say enough good things about them! Bridgit and Doug are so incredible, and we never worried about anything during the planning process. People kept coming up to us saying how it was the best food they have every had at a wedding. The mashed potato bar was a HUGE hit, as well as every other thing they offered us. We were also able to book our DJ and get out wedding cake through them and it was also included in the price of the plate. Both of those services were phenomenal. It was almost like our wedding one stop shop. We are so grateful for them and everything they did to make our day so great!

Sent on 05/31/2018

Sensational Host's reply:

Hi Isabella! We loved working with you, your style and vision for your wedding was beautiful. We wish you and Colin all the best!

Maryellen · Married on 02/18/2018

Couldn't be happier! Efficient, expert planning, great food, but mostly personable, caring, accommodating staff!

Sent on 03/21/2018

Sensational Host's reply:

Thank you so much Maryellen! We love hearing feedback like this!

Liz · Married on 10/14/2017

You guys were so amazing. You made my wedding so great, and I couldn’t have asked for anything more. Thank you!!

Sent on 11/02/2017

Melissa · Married on 09/22/2017

When we booked the Camden County Boathouse in Pennsauken they have a list of approved caterers that you can use. At the time there were 5 or 6 caterers on the list, and we visited all of them. Sensational Host, although a bit more expensive than the others, was obviously above and beyond the other options right from the start. After going through the process with them and throughout the wedding day, they were absolutely worth every single penny we spent. They included several pre wedding meetings to go over every single detail, almost acting like a built in wedding planner. They included all the ceremony chairs, all the cocktail tables, the bar and the bartenders, a contract built in with the DJ, a built in contract for a wedding cake, and all the linens and tablecloths, and of course the food. I usually expect wedding food to be mediocre at best, but honestly this food was absolutely delicious, and we got a ton of compliments from our guests about how good it was. Prior to the wedding I took pictures of how I wanted all the displays to look and they recreated everything exactly how I wanted it the day of the wedding. They really took all the stress out of the wedding day because I knew that we were in good hands. Instead of a wedding cake we opted to provide our own desserts for a dessert bar, and they made sure someone was there to refill it and tend to it as well. I do know that The boathouse edited and cut a lot of caterers from their list for this upcoming year, and Sensational Host is still on it, which I think says something. I have absolutely no complaints, and if I could do it all over I would choose them again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 10/10/2017

Sensational Host's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We truly love what we do and are so happy we could be a part of your big day!

Megan · Married on 09/09/2017

So glad we chose Sensational Host as our caterer. We received so many complements on how delicious the food was! They were helpful in determining table set up and flow as well. Definitely a great value since the package included so much. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 02/06/2018

Samantha · Married on 08/20/2017

Sensational Host made our dream wedding possible. We could not have asked for the day to go more flawless than it did. Everyone was extremely friendly and professional. They went above and beyond to help us have our perfect day!

Sent on 09/05/2017
  • Y

Yani · Married on 08/19/2017

Sensational Host made the whole wedding process super easy for us. We found out about them through Collingswood Grand Ballroom which is where we got married. The minute we reached out to them they responded and answered all of our questions. We did a food tasting and we were blown away. After a few months we received an email saying the girl we were working with no longer worked for the company so we got a little bit nervous because at this point we were close to the wedding date but we met with the "new girl" Chelsea Schnell and she was amazing throughout the whole process. She would answer our emails right away sometimes within minutes. She made our wedding date a dream come true. The tables were set up exactly how we wanted them and the servers where incredibly attentive. Our maitre d Christina was also super nice and made sure our wedding party was taken care of. She made sure we always had a drink in our hands as well as food. Overall I can't imagine how our day would have been if we had hired another company. Highly recommend sensational host

Sent on 08/28/2017

Maura · Married on 08/12/2017

Using Sensational Host as our caterers was the best choice we made during our wedding planning process. From the beginning, Cory was super helpful, attentive, and comforting. He always answered any questions we had and was willing to work with us to make our catering package exactly what we wanted. Jeffrey was great in assisting with all of the details and providing us with guidance regarding our decor and accessories. He quickly responded to any emails and helped put our mind at ease in those stressful weeks leading up to the wedding. Cory was also there the day of our wedding and helped to ensure that everything ran smoothly from cocktail hour into the reception. Together they were a great team and we really couldn't have done the day without them. We cannot recommend the Sensational Host team enough!!!

Sent on 10/02/2017

Sensational Host's reply:

Thank you Maura! We so happy to hear you had such a great time. We hope all your guest loved the Tater Tot Bar!

Amy · Married on 08/05/2017

Everything was perfect. The food was outstanding and the service was unbeatable. Thank you for assisting in making it the perfect day.

-Amy

Sent on 09/06/2017

D · Married on 08/05/2017

Jeffrey, Kim and the entire Sensational Host staff were wonderful! The whole evening went very well! The staff was right on point with our guests, they were attentive, professional and personal! The food was excellent!!! The service was awesome!!! Everything went perfect!!! Everyone had a wonderful time!

Sent on 08/25/2017

Marianna · Married on 06/24/2017

The SenHost Team cannot be beat. The food, service, responsiveness and patience when it came to our wedding was all fantastic. I have recommended them to everyone I know. They will do a great job for your wedding. They will make sure you EAT! DRINK! and most importantly, DANCE! The whole day went smoothly. Can't thank them enough!

Sent on 07/28/2017

Amanda · Married on 06/24/2017

I love the work that Sensational Host did for my wedding. They were all very friendly, attentive and went the extra mile for me. Plus the food is the best catering I've ever had. Highly recommend.

Sent on 07/14/2017

Kristen · Married on 04/01/2017

Sensational host made my day go so smoothly. Chelsea was there making sure everything was set up as I wanted and everyone raved about the food! You walk through every step of the wedding with your planner and they look out for you the whole way. Thank you again!

Sent on 04/13/2017

Karina · Married on 02/18/2017

The advice that we would give to the next potential client are all great things! Sensational Host treats you like you are family and make sure that each step is covered! Even steps that we did not even know needed to be covered get covered. Everything went so smooth during planning and setting up! Thank you!

Sent on 03/11/2017

Sensational Host's reply:

Thank you so much! We're thrilled you had such a wonderful experience and appreciate the feedback!

Allison · Married on 11/26/2016

Our wedding went absolutely flawlessly. Cory and Chelsea did such a phenomenal job making sure all the details went the way we wanted. The food was delicious, the service was fantastic, -!: the day went exactly how we planned. Thank you for making our day perfect!

Sent on 12/09/2016

Sensational Host's reply:

Thank you so much Allison! Best wished to you and Joe!

Erica · Married on 10/21/2016

Working with Chelsea and Cory was incredibly easy and convenient, and made the wedding planning process so much smoother. They were always around to email, text or call and provided us with input on everything that we could have imagined. On the day-of we had literally nothing to worry about at the venue: we showed up and it was all there, in place, exactly how we had dreamed it all would have been. We just had to get married! I have been in weddings where the bride and her family was running around all morning trying to make things work, setting up their ceremony, etc. and I spent the entire morning of my wedding with my bridesmaids, having breakfast, getting our hair and make-up done, and just having that time to be together, which is one of the happy memories that I wouldn't trade for anything.

The food absolutely blew me away. Our guests couldn't stop talking about the cocktail hour and we were so happy that we were able to work with the team to customize the menu to match the season and setting. Dinner portions were more than generous and cooked to perfection, so the opposite of "traditional wedding food" that has become such a stereotype.

The staff that helped us were some of the friendliest and warm people I've met. They were true professionals, and you could tell that they genuinely cared about the work they were doing. Every encounter I had that day was with someone kind and generous, and it really helped set the tone for the best day of our lives.

Sent on 11/15/2016

Kendra · Married on 09/24/2016

We used SenHost for our wedding in Sept 2016. We met the team just 6 months before the wedding, and wanted a backyard barn wedding with our own genuine touch plus some true elegance. Not only did Cory & Chelsea make the process fun and smooth, but they truly made this unique combination come to life with their creativity, professionalism and wow-- the food was amazing. We were able to serve 150 people lobster & filet, outside, under the stars with our own personal beer garden and elegant barn table setting. The staff was warm, easy, professional but mostly, -- SenHost made the process smooth and wonderful. I would not just recommend them, I would say you would be crazy to go anywhere else. They truly get it. Thank you SenHost.

Sent on 11/19/2016

Sensational Host's reply:

It was truly an amazing night! Thank you so much for allowing us to be a part of your big day :)

Antonia · Married on 09/03/2016

We worked with Tyler and Morgan for our wedding and were very pleased with their service. We loved that Sensational Host had us for a tasting before we booked, and we went with them when we saw the unique menu they offered. What we particularly liked was that higher quality items weren't an additional cost, as they had been at other caterers. Plus, they included the cake and DJ in their package that made their services a great value. Our guests were thrilled with the food, as were we. Morgan worked hard the day of to get the venue ready, and was very organized in planning the event in the months leading up to it. Our maître d' for the evening, Britt, was an absolute boss. Britt essentially waited on us hand and foot and made the night go so smoothly. Overall, we were super pleased with Sensational Host's services.

Sent on 09/18/2016

Ashley · Married on 06/17/2016

I worked with Tyler and Morgan and honestly couldn't be happier! My wedding was absolutely perfect because of their hard work! Anything I asked they made happen! my wedding day was stress free and perfectly planned because I knew I had a fantastic team of professionals who really cared about me! Thank you guys for making our day even better than we ever could have imagined!

Sent on 07/06/2016

Sensational Host's reply:

Thank you Ashley! We are so happy that we could help be a part of you big day!

Aubrey · Married on 04/22/2016

I got married at Cairnwood Estate April 22, and I am still on cloud nine a week later. Sensational Host did everything to make it the perfect day. Special shout out to Morgan and Tyler for making sure that the day went smoothly, down to every last detail! Tyler spent time picking up every last piece of confetti, and Morgan sat with my mom for 30 minutes before the ceremony to make sure everything was perfect. That's just to name a few things! Chris, my maitre'd was the most genuine guy I've ever met and would do anything to make my husband and I happy-- (not many people would follow us around during pictures to make sure we had food and drinks) YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. Thank you for being the part of the best day of my life. I would absolutely recommend Sensational Host to any newly engaged couple. We love you!!

Sent on 04/28/2016

Sensational Host's reply:

Aubrey, thank you so much for all your kind words. We had so much fun planning your wedding with you and it came together beautifully! Thank you for letting us be a part of it.

Louise · Married on 04/10/2016

Sensational Host isn't just a name they really are sensational. They were there at every call or email I made. I had a great time working with them. The food was amazing and everyone keeps talking about it. Tyler and Morgan are phenomenal.

Sent on 04/20/2016