Semper Signature Events Reviews

Semper Signature Events 5
  • Rebecca

Rebecca 路 Married on 11/10/2018

Amazing in every way!

I highly recommend Semper Signature Events. Monique, Stan and Kendall were outstanding馃挏 Monique went above and beyond to make our wedding day everything we always hoped for. Y'all truly have an eye for the special touches. Thank you for the amazing first day of the rest of our lives!!

Sent on 11/06/2018

Semper Signature Events's reply:

Rebecca! Thank you for your kind words ....you and Josh were an absolute joy to work with and to know your wedding was such a wonderful day for you both makes our day. Wishing you a lifetime of love, laughter and the best of health! Best, Monique

Natalie 路 Married on 09/08/2018

Monique was such an incredible choice for our wedding planner. She was a pleasure to work with, understood our vision and helped execute it beautifully. All our vendors were kept up to date, as were we, with her being very responsive and quick to any questions we had. We felt at ease on our wedding day that everything was under control. At no point did she bother us with anything as she had already put so much effort into making sure everything was finalised and organised before. Not only was she great at her job and a pleasure to work with, she was just a truly lovely person who so much wanted to make our day the best ever. Cannot thank Monique enough for everything she did for us.

Sent on 11/06/2018

Semper Signature Events's reply:

Natalie, Thanks to you and Sean for allowing us to be a part of your BIG day - what an exciting time filled with special moments. Your kind words were touching and truly flattering. Thank you for taking the time to send them! Wishing you and Sean a lifetime of love and laughter! Best, Monique

Stephanie 路 Married on 10/08/2017

Monique was amazing. I am getting teary eyed just thinking about how beautiful and wonderful the wedding turned out. I am not sure there are words to describe how wonderful Monique is and the great job she does. I was a very laid back bride, and not big into planning and Monique was able to help me plan and think of things I never even thought of. She allowed me to be me and took on all the hard stuff of planning. She was available, consistent, knowledgeable, and dealt with all the vendors in a professional and timely manner. Honestly I don't think I was stressed at all, Monique literally took care of everything and my husband and I got to relax and have fun with our friends and family. An important note about Monique is that all the vendors respected her and when I would tell a vendor that Monique was my wedding designer, they were happy and relieved. Not only was she a great wedding designer she made me feel so special and like I was her most important client. Love this woman!

Sent on 12/08/2017
    Semper Signature Events 6

Semper Signature Events's reply:

Stephanie! Thank you for your kind words! They truly make my day - I am thrilled to hear that your wedding day brings (happy) tears to your eyes and colleagues enjoy working with me. You were such fun to work with and so full of fun ideas that reflected y'all's style and personalities.....love that! My goal is to create a wedding day of your dreams for the bride and groom so you can relax and fully enjoy your BIG day so to hear that you did is a dream come true for me. Thank you for taking the time to share the love! Monique xx

Medley 路 Married on 03/04/2017

Monique was an absolute godsend. She answered all of the questions & requests my mom and I had-- and believe me, there were SO MANY. This took a lot of pressure off of me and made the experience SO much more enjoyable. She made it so easy! From the most minute details, all the way leading up to events of the big day, Monique was there every step of the way. I highly, HIGHLY recommend her- she is honestly a necessity to any wedding and I mean that. I can't thank her enough!

Sent on 03/21/2017

Semper Signature Events's reply:

Medley! Thank you so much! I had such fun with you and your mom - I miss you already! It makes my day to hear how much you enjoyed your BIG day! It was such a special day filled with love and great people! Thank you again for taking the time to write about your experience with me - it is so helpful and heartwarming. Sending my love and a big hug to you and Roddy! xx

josh 路 Married on 11/19/2016

WOW!! Its been one year to the date since our wedding and it seems like yesterday. Ive been thinking of all the wonderful things that took place that day and how they wouldn't have been possible without Monique helping with everything. As a man, planning a wedding and reception by myself wasn't an option! Though Monique was amazed at my efforts! During the process, Monique became more like the sister I never had than my planner. I will never forget her ability to talk me off the cliff and not ever making me feel crazy about my obviously crazy ideas. This review site does not have enough stars for such a wonderful person! Monique, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!! Today is truly a happy anniversary due to your efforts!! Josh and Megan Sisson

Sent on 11/19/2017
    Semper Signature Events 7
    Semper Signature Events 8
    Semper Signature Events 9
    Semper Signature Events 10

Semper Signature Events's reply:

Josh! When I heard you were literally doing all the planning for your wedding, I was excited but had no idea what to expect - you blew me away with your ideas, thoughtfulness, creativity and drive! You were always so excited to have all the elements pulled together and create a dream day for you and especially Megan! I always looked forward to meeting with you and filling in the blanks and pulling it all together - I will never forget your consistent level of care and excitement. You, as a DJ, have seen a ton of weddings and I know we can safely say that your wedding was unlike any other and perfectly reflected the life and love you and Megan share. I met Megan the DAY OF THE WEDDING which is a first for me! Josh, thank you for your kind words - they make my day and I am humbled. Thank you thank you, thank you! Monique

Heather 路 Married on 11/05/2016

Monique is wonderful to work with and executed my vision flawlessly! Nothing could have made my ceremony and reception more perfect. She is extremely organized, consistently kept in touch with me, and made sure everything ran smoothly the day of. Even after the passing of loved ones, she devoted herself selflessly to ensure my wedding was everything I had hoped for. I couldn't be more thankful for that. Thank you Monique, for your time, hard work and dedication! I couldn't have had the wedding of my dreams without you!

Sent on 11/07/2016

Semper Signature Events's reply:

Heather, you and Kristopher were an absolute joy to work with! Thank you for your kind words - I really love what I do and to hear that your wedding day dreams came true truly warms my heart! I wish you and Kristopher a life full of health and happiness!

Jill 路 Married on 11/04/2016

Monique was by far the best choice I made for my wedding day, besides marrying my wonderful husband! She went above and beyond in every aspect of the wedding process. She was always there for a listening ear and helpful in the decision making process. She's so warm, kind, helpful, organized, and dedicated to making you be a guest at your own wedding. I can honestly say working with her made my planning process nearly stress free. We couldn't have asked for a better person to work with. Our wedding day was so fun and executed flawlessly all due to Monique. I would recommend her to anyone planning a wedding or any event in the Charleston area!

Sent on 11/20/2016

Semper Signature Events's reply:

Jill, You and Craig were such fun to work with! You shared your vision with me and we had such fun making it come to life! The group who attended your wedding was clearly so excited to see you both get married - the whole day was full of love! Thank you so much for your kind words - I truly love what I do and the best part is meeting genuinely wonderful people such as you and Craig! Wishing you a lifetime of love, good health and happiness xx Monique

Morgan 路 Married on 08/21/2016

Honestly, we don't even know what we would have done without Monique. She kept us on schedule, helped us so much with ideas and execution, and catered effortlessly and beautifully to our style and needs. She wasn't high-strung or demanding; she was very professional and efficient but down-to-Earth, relateable, and positive. She went completely over and above and was just incredible. This is the woman you want to be behind the most beautiful and important day of your life. You absolutely will not be disappointed.

Sent on 09/29/2016

Semper Signature Events's reply:

Thank you Morgan! Working with you and McKenna was fun - you knew exactly the type of event you wanted and personalized your wedding in so many little ways. It was a special day full of love and I thank you for allowing me to be a part of your special day!

Vickie 路 Married on 06/11/2016

From the moment my daughter and future son-in-law met with Monique, I knew she was the one we would hire. Monique is not only thorough and knowledgeable since she is well established in this area, she is charming, gracious and FUN to work with. We had an outdoor event planned for June is Charleston which presents enough challenges, but Monique was masterful at negotiating each twist and turn!

Sent on 08/22/2016

Semper Signature Events's reply:

Vickie! You all were such fun to work with - I miss our evening meetings! I loved your collective enthusiasm, your ideas, your energy for it all. I loved how the personal items were incorporated into the event - how special! Thank you for your kind remarks! I truly love doing wedding planning and mainly that is because I get to work with really wonderful people who are as passionate as I am about creating special events full of personal touches. Thank you again!! Monique

Nicole 路 Married on 05/20/2016

If you want a perfectly executed wedding day, book with Monique!! I was fortunate enough to have her for month of coordination and I feel beyond blessed to have had her on my team. I was never stressed the month leading up to the wedding because I knew I was in good hands with Monique; she coordinated, confirmed, and double checked every detail to ensure the day would run perfectly. She even helped coordinate a very expensive tent rental the day before my wedding (due to rain of course) between myself and the bride for the following day to reduce the price for us, how thoughtful and valuable that was, especially when working with a tight budget! Her flexibility and prompt response times made it so easy to work with her, and not to mention her extensive knowledge of the Charleston area and the available vendors. She was incredible to work with and gave me my DREAM wedding, so thankful for her and her outstanding work! Thank you Monique!!!!!!

Sent on 06/16/2016

Semper Signature Events's reply:

Nicole! Thank you for these thoughtful, kind words! I really enjoyed planning with you and Caleb - you are a sweet, thoughtful, kind couple and I loved having the opportunity to help your dream wedding day come true! Thank you again! Monique

Brittanie 路 Married on 11/07/2015

i don't think I can say enough great things about Monique! My husband and I moved to Alaska mid wedding planning. We hired Monique as the day of coordinator, but she went above and beyond just the day of to make our wedding day perfect! Monique was extremely organized and handled everything in a professional manner. She stayed in contact with my other vendors and made sure everything was in line and taken care of before our wedding day. She mentioned things to think about that I would never have thought of- additional decorations or necessities to make the wedding run smoothly. Even with the distance, I never felt overwhelmed because Monique made sure things were taken care of.

When it came to the day of our wedding, everything was flawless! Being the bride, I didn't have a worry the entire day! I put complete confidence in Monique and she just blew us away! I would recommend Monique to any and every wedding in Charleston!

Lynsey 路 Married on 10/17/2015

It is incredible how many details go into planning a wedding. Way more than you realize.. you're gonna need Monique's help!
    Quick background:
    In hopes to alleviate the pain of planning and all the stress that comes with - my husband and I chose to elope to Italy in September.. (which looking back seemed like more planning in the end!)
    We still wanted to have a reception/celebration with family and friends when we got back, so we started the planning process months in advance to us leaving to help get all our ducks in a row before flying out.
    Being a project manager as my profession, I thought "I've got this - I'm detailed and organized - I can plan this and handle it.." But I had no idea..
    With only a few weeks left before leaving for Italy, our "planning" in pieces and a mess, I realized I had bit off way more than I could chew!
    I was referred to Monique (Semper Signature Events) through Boals Farm, the venue we were having our reception.
    She knew right away the right questions to ask and it didn't take long for me to realize that I did not have all the details figured out that I needed!
    I have heard other girlfriends before tell me that having a day of/event coordinator and planner is GLUE to your wedding - but didn't really understand how much so until I met sweet 'Can Do' Monique.
    She picked up the pieces of our scatter brained, half planned mess of and event and pulled it all together beautifully! We honestly could not have done it all without her.
    Day of she was there to answer all the questions for the vendors, and I was not bothered at all with anything. I was able to enjoy the reception and time with my family and friends without a worry!
    All around: Monique was amazing! Not only to work with before, but all throughout the event! She kept things moving smoothly and was professional and cheerful through the entire reception! (She honestly loves what she does and it shows!)
    100%, we highly recommend Semper Signature Events!!

Sharon 路 Married on 09/19/2015

I cannot say enough good things about Monique. We hired her as the day-of coordinator for our wedding on Kiawah Island. I knew when I first interviewed her that she would be amazing, simply because she took the time to take notes on major details, down to the names of our entire bridal party, before we even officially hired her. Monique was so much more than just a day-of coordinator. She was available every step of the way during our wedding planning whenever I had a question about something random or needed some advice -- whether it was about the color of the linens or relatives that needed special attention. She met with us on several occasions to make sure everything was in place for the big day. She allowed us to drop off our decor several days in advance so that we wouldn't have to worry about too many details the day-of. She made the trip out to Kiawah early in the morning for our wedding rehearsal (which she was flexible when we had to reschedule), and continued working all day and evening to get our venues set up, check in with vendors, and run the entire affair. Her last-minute necessary adjustments to the reception venue and ceremony venue set-ups made for an even more beautiful and perfect atmosphere than I could have ever designed myself or even thought of. She is totally organized and dedicated and will not let you down. If I could afford to pay her more, I would have because, what an incredible value! Thank you so much Monique for help making our day so perfect!!

Sent on 10/10/2015

Semper Signature Events's reply:

Sharon! Thank you for your kind words and appreciation! They mean so much to me and I really appreciate you taking the time to do so. The fun and love shared on your wedding day was evident and I thank you for being a part of it! All the best, Monique

Dana 路 Married on 06/05/2015

Monique was one of THE most knowledgable and professional young women I have ever had the pleasure to work with. As a singer I have had the opportunity to be involved in many, many weddings over the years and it was SO AWESOME to have such an amicable and cool headed pro around. From the beginning and after we all met, she stayed in touch via e-mail answering everyone's questions and concerns and had great suggestions when something didn't quite work out. And most importantly she kept everyone calm. I would definetly want her around for any event I would have in the future.

Sent on 07/01/2015

Semper Signature Events's reply:

Dana! I am reading your comments and my first thought is that I am so lucky to meet and work on events with such amazing people. I was sad driving away after the wedding and giggling at the same time! I had such fun with you and your family! I could have spent days and days with you all. Thank you for your kind words and thank you for allowing me to be part of the wedding ~ it was an absolute pleasure! Warmest regards, Monique

Joni 路 Married on 05/29/2015

My son and his fianc茅 chose a destination wedding in South Caroline. I have never been to the Charleston area and found it very difficult to plan a rehearsal dinner for 55 guests from Minnesota. I was able to find all services online but realized I simply could not decorate, set up then get to rehearsal and then back to the venue without some help. That is when I reached out to Monique for help. She agreed to coordinate everything for me the day of the rehearsal dinner and was such help staying in touch with the various vendors.
    Monique is professional, detail oriented, proactive, thorough and has a great sense of
    humor. I truly don't know what I would have done without her help. She was there the day of the rehearsal dinner and guided the various vendors every step of the way from set up to clean up. As a result my husband and I could relax and really enjoy our guests. The event was a huge success and I owe so much of that to Monique and Semper Signature Events. Thanks, Monique

Sent on 07/01/2015

Semper Signature Events's reply:

Joni! Thank you so much for your thoughtful, kind words. You were such fun to work with and all the guests were genuinely excited to kick off the wedding weekend! I wish you lived closer so I could see you more often! Thank you again! The words of my clients really help illustrate the passion behind the work and I really appreciate it! Monique

Marybeth 路 Married on 05/02/2015

Monique did an excellent job of making our dream a reality. She made everything perfect, even down to the tiniest details. She also managed keep me calm during a pretty stressful time.

Sent on 06/22/2015

Semper Signature Events's reply:

Marybeth! What a fun time we had! Your whole family was such fun! I really enjoyed working with you ~ I miss spending time with you now! Thank you for your kind words! Couples like you and Rodney are why I love planning weddings! Cheers to a wonderful life together! Best, Monique

Mitzy 路 Married on 11/22/2014

My daughter was recently married in Charleston and worked with Monique. She was fantastic. As mother of the bride I had a great time working with her and I will highly recommend her.

Sent on 12/03/2014

Semper Signature Events's reply:

Mitzy! I had such fun with you and your family during the wedding weekend! Thank you for your kind words ~ each wedding is so special and this one was no exception. The decor items you made were perfect! Thank you again! All the best, Monique
  • I

Ingrid 路 Married on 09/20/2014

Our wedding was perfect because of Monique's help! Her attention to detail was amazing and my guests are still commenting on how beautiful and intimate it was. We can't say enough of her professionalism and creativity! Enjoy your day and let Monique do the planning!

Sent on 12/04/2014

Semper Signature Events's reply:

Ingrid! What a special time - to see your family from far and wide travel to share in your and Greg's day! I was flattered to be a part of it.....thank you for letting me share it with you! All the best, Monique

Meagan 路 Married on 03/22/2014

Monique was fantastic!!!! I was planning my wedding from 4 hours away and she was with me every step. She was very responsive and helpful with all my questions and concerns. I couldn't think of doing that day again without her. Monique with Semper Signature Events is a must when making your wedding day amazing!

Sent on 12/03/2014

Semper Signature Events's reply:

Meagan, What a gorgeous wedding weekend you had - the weather, the love, the feeling of it was so memorable. Thank you for allowing me to share in that special time....I am so fortunate to be able to work with special people like you, Steven and your families. Thank you for your compliments - they mean so much! Wishing you a lifetime of love and laughter, Monique

helena 路 Married on 01/01/2014

Monique created a wonderful event for the 70 th birthday of my friend. She is very creative in finding unique ways to have this memorable birthday. All guests had a terrific, fun time, we will have her as our planner in the near future again.....

Sent on 12/04/2014

Semper Signature Events's reply:

Helena! What a fun evening that was! To celebrate milestones is important and I was happy to be a part of it. Great food, fascinating guests and beautiful location. Thank you for your kind words! Sincerely, Monique

Sabrina 路 Married on 05/30/2009

Monique is beyond wonderful, caring, KIND, professional and SO lovely to work with! Our wedding took place on Isle of Palms in May 2009 and at the time my husband and I were living in DC. We needed someone to help us plan our wedding, give us recommendations on vendors, locations, flowers, music....pretty much everything since we are not from Charleston. Monique always cleared her schedule for the few weekends we traveled from DC to SC for wedding planning, set up appointments for us and came with us, and really just made our whole wedding day so beautiful. To this day, we have family and friends who have modeled their wedding after the look and feel of ours, and I am not exaggerating when I say they still mention that ours was the best wedding and most enjoyable....it was really a party where everyone felt welcome to be there and celebrate with us. Monique gave us abundant amounts of helpful feedback, but she really listened to what we wanted, and helped us create a day that we want to go back and re-do all of the time! I will never forget, the day of our wedding walking over to the venue we rented just to peak in (we rented a house next door), and Monique was there talking to all of the vendors, setting things up (EARLY) and I really felt happy and confident that everything was going to come together smoothly. When we first started planning, one of our concerns was how we were going to be able to put together a wedding when we did not live in the area and did not know anyone or any venues/contacts to use. Monique took care of all of this for us and we consider her a good friend :) After we were married and all of the planning was finished, I said to my husband that I missed talking to Monique! If you are looking for someone to trust who loves to work with people and couples to put together a memorable and beautiful wedding day, I would definitely work with Monique!

Sent on 01/07/2015

Semper Signature Events's reply:

Sabrina! What you have written about our wedding planning experience was so touching. I absolutely LOVE wedding planning and the appreciation you have for all the reasons you mentioned floors me! You and Jonathan were wonderful to work with and I am so happy we still keep in touch. The warmth and love at your wedding was so special. Thank you again for letting me be a part of it and thank you for the kind words you have written ~ I sincerely appreciate it. Big kiss and hug! Monique

Jenn 路 Married on 10/29/2016

Monique was great! She made my wedding day stress free, which is exactly what I wanted! She showed up with our flowers right on time, got the venue coordinated and I didn't have to coordinate a single thing the day of. I would definitely recommend Monique, she also just has a great attitude. Plus, she helped me coordinate all of the flowers for my day and people couldn't stop talking about them. They were gorgeous. Thanks again!!

Sent on 11/02/2016

Semper Signature Events's reply:

What a perfect day for your and Jesse's wedding! The weather was amazing, the family style dinner was exquisite and most notably, it was a day full of love and special moments! Thank you for letting me be a part of it! I wish a life full of love and happiness for you and Jesse ....thank you for your kind words!
  • User6580412 路 2+ years ago

I initially worked with Monique for day-of coordination services but she made herself available for so much more and took time to meet with my parents on several site visits in months leading up to the event as well as our menu tasting. She also served as liaison between myself and the venue's event managers, helping me navigate some tricky communication issues I had with them. On the day of the event, I couldn't have been more grateful for Monique ensuring that my vision for an outdoor ceremony came to light. There was a light rain in the minutes leading up to the ceremony and while the venue managers insisted on moving the ceremony under cover, she stood firmly against it. The rain held off and I got exactly what I had wished for on my wedding day. For this I am ever grateful!

Sent on 04/10/2016

Semper Signature Events's reply:

Thank you, Andi, for your kind words! You were clear from Day 1 about your vision and wanting an outdoor ceremony - I became the gatekeeper of that vision and knew if the ceremony was going to be moved indoors, it would be an absolute last resort. I am thrilled for you and Hub that it turned out so beautifully (remember that incredible sunset??). I have fond memories working with your parents - we had a good time! You words of gratefulness and appreciation are heartwarming and I truly appreciate them. Thank you again! Best, Monique

patty 路 Married on 11/08/2013

Monique Semper of Semper Signature Events was truly amazing to work with. Her attention to detail was flawless. Thank you so much Monique for creating such an amazing event. Everybody enjoyed it so much!

Sent on 12/29/2014

Semper Signature Events's reply:

Thank you, Patty, for your compliments. You and Eric were so fun to work with ~ you made me feel like family and I loved being a part of it! That is what makes this so fun! Thank you again :) Monique