Selective Sound Entertainment Reviews

137 Reviews for Selective Sound Entertainment

• Kevin

Kevin Kane · Getting married on 09/12/2020

Jay R: 10/10

This review is specifically for Jay R of SSE.

Jay R is a 10/10 because I literally can't think of anything I'd change about our experience. A few of our wedding guests mentioned that the music volume was just a touch loud, but I thought it was perfect, considering the event (and I have sensitive hearing!).

Some things we especially liked:

- Jay R was extremely responsive via all forms of communication

- Jay R was perfectly accommodating of our requests, but he was also real with us (in a way that was polite yet clear) about the things that, in his experience, typically 'work' for weddings -- something we newbies really appreciated

- It was such a relief to have Jay R for our ceremony, which went perfectly; his mic-jobs (two lapel mics, one on a stand) were perfect and discreet

- True to his word, Jay R vamped one of our processional songs with a smooth crossfade that probably zero people noticed

- Jay R didn't just care about getting his own job done and getting outta there; he seemed to have all vendors' itineraries in his head at once -- he was essentially our point man for the entire evening, for all things, not just music (and in that way, he partly helped us to plan the wedding!)

- The extent to which Jay R interacted with the crowd was just right -- I wouldn't have asked for any more or any less

- One of our favorite things: we made a lot of Play-If-Possible song requests that probably weren't very wedding-friendly (e.g. the full studio version of Richard Harris's "MacArthur Park"), but Jay R managed to play a truly amazing percentage of them, and all at the perfect moments

- Jay R was immediately responsive to the movements (as it were) of the dance floor; he'd start a song and, if it wasn't catching, smoothly beatmatch it with another song and move on

- To top it all off, Jay R has a cheerful personality and a great sense of humor!

Sent on 12/30/2019

Erica D'agostino · Getting married on 08/09/2020

Absolutely amazing

My experience with Selective Sound was phenomenal! My Husband and I had the pleasure of working with Jay R and Marcus (who was our actual DJ). Both of whom were easy to work with and were 100% invested in how to make our wedding day everything we wanted and more. Prior to the wedding, Marcus made sure that all of the music and timelines were accurate and planned. We live in Columbus so he did not hesitate to Skype us at anytime of the day that worked best for us. At the ceremony and reception the music was PERFECTLY timed and everyone was up dancing once the reception started, even the elderly attendees who don't like to move much. We received compliments from all of our guests about Marcus and we highly recommend them for any event that is in need for DJ services.

Sent on 12/08/2019

Erica,
    Thank you for taking time to write this review. We treat each and every client like they were family when dealing with such an amazing day. We are very happy you put your faith and trust in us to exceed your expectations. Hope to run into you at another friend or family members wedding soon.

Sarah Franklin · Married on 10/26/2019

Phenomenal!

My husband and I used Selective Sound for our October wedding and couldn't be any happier with our decision. We worked with DJ Brian and would recommend him a thousand times. He really went above and beyond for our big day. We met with him about a month prior to our wedding to go over songs, timelines, and name pronunciation for family and wedding party. We also used SSE for lighting which was BEAUTIFUL. It set the tone for the evening. Our wedding would not have been the same without Selective Sound and we can't thank them enough!

Sent on 12/09/2019

Selective Sound Entertainment's reply:

Sarah, Thank you so much for your kind words. Brian is very passionate about each and every wedding reception that he does and reviews like this are why we keep striving to be the best. Thank you for taking the time to write these. Hope to see you around soon at another wedding or special event.

Katarina · Married on 10/19/2019

Wonderful Experience

We will recommend Selective Sound for ANYONE wanting a DJ, uplighting, videography, etc. We had all of these services through Selective Sound and it was the best decision we ever made! They happened to be the exclusive DJ at our venue, Whitehall Columbia, and we were very happy that all of their equipment was already in the space and did not have any awkward speaking sticking out! DJ Rich was WONDERFUL! He kept everyone on the dance floor all night long! Exactly what you hope for on your wedding day. Jay R helped guide us to the right videography package we needed to capture all the moments that we wanted to see in our wedding video! If you are looking for a one-stop-shop, look no further - Selective Sound has it all!

Sent on 10/31/2019

Selective Sound Entertainment's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Katarina! It was great working with you and your family. Hope to run into you both at a wedding real soon. Best wishes.
  • Danielle

Danielle Merkel · Married on 10/19/2019

Mike b was the best!

Mike B was our DJ for our wedding this past October. He was amazing to work with and kept the dance floor packed the whole night. I would highly recommend Mike and Selective Sounds! We also booked our ceremony stringed trio through Selective Sounds and they added a perfect touch to make the ceremony that much more special.

Selective Sound Entertainment's reply:

Mike B was our DJ for our wedding a little over a month ago. not only was he so easy to work with, he was personable and accommodating throughout the entire planning process. The dance floor was packed the whole night and we had so many complements during and after our wedding! We would highly recommend Selective Sounds and Mike B!

Alexa · Married on 10/12/2019

Selective Sound

Our DJ, Devin, was awesome! We met with him a month before and he really listened to everything we wanted! He delivered on everything we asked for! I highly recommend Selective Sound and their photo mirror! That was a huge hit at out wedding! Thanks again guys!

Selective Sound Entertainment's reply:

This is awesome that you took the time to write this! So happy we exceeded your expectations! We wish you all the best!
  • Theresa

Theresa · Married on 09/14/2019

Best DJ service EVER!

Marcus was excellent. He exceeded all of my expectations and I fully understand why he is the most requested DJ with SSE. I have received so many compliments on his work, particularly to the volume. My family and I were at a wedding last May and the acoustics were horrific. You could not even understand the father of the bride speech. It was honestly so sad, and I felt awful. I am so elated to of been able to work with Marcus. He went above and beyond for me. He was always EXTREMELY responsive and could not have been more of a class act. His level of professionalism and wonderful service is what all DJ’s should aspire too. Furthermore, I personally feel that any DJ who is just starting out would be privileged to train under Marcus. Marcus is kind and makes you feel like an immediate friend. The level of engagement between him and the guests is off the charts. I am honored to say that Marcus Jordan was apart of the best day of my life and will recommend him, and SSE to any person who asks. It could not have been any more perfect.

Sent on 09/16/2019

Theresa,

Congrats! We always try to underpromise and OVER deliver every time. So happy that this was the case for you and your new husband as well. Thanks for taking the time to write this review. Hope to see you soon!
  • Kristen

Kristen Stuber · Married on 08/31/2019

Absolutely amazing!

My husband and I got married in August and hired selective sound for our DJ services for ceremony & reception, and up lighting. Devin M was our assigned DJ and he was absolutely OUTSTANDING! He was so easy to work with. We were super busy moving into a new home and working before the wedding that he let us FaceTime him for our visit and it was perfect. We gave him a few songs that we wanted played but otherwise let him do his thing and everyone continues to tell us how great he was!! No one wanted to leave the dance floor. As far as the uplighting goes, selective sound made my reception venue look incredible and gave it such a warm romantic feeling! We couldn’t have been happier hiring selective sound & highly recommend Devin to anyone!

• Anne

Anne · Married on 08/03/2019

Highly recommend Selective Sound Entertainment!

We are so happy we picked Selective Sound as our MC/DJ for our wedding! Marcus was the best! He had experience in our venue (Tenk West Bank) so knew exactly what we needed. The lighting they provided created the best ambiance We had pretty particular music preferences and Marcus did an excellent job honoring them as well as mixing in some great jams along the way to keep the dance floor crowded. Selective Sounds online system helped making planning super easy for us too. We loved working with Marcus and can't say enough good things about Selective Sound.

Sent on 08/23/2019

Selective Sound Entertainment's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Anne. We love what we do and Marcus is no exception when it comes to details and ensuring the experience you and your guests have is top notch! Congrats!
  • Jerad

Jerad Locktish · Married on 07/27/2019

Absolutely PERFECT Wedding DJ

We hired Selective Sound Entertainment for our wedding in July 2019. We very much enjoyed the services that were provided and the cost was very reasonable. We met with Jay R at Selective Sound to go over our initial plans. Jay R was amazing and had answers for all of our questions. He even steered us away from adding on services to our order, which in turn meant less revenue for them. This just told me that this is a vendor that I can trust and that they truly have their clients at heart and not just making money.

Once we officially hired them as our DJ, Devin Moore was provided as our formal DJ. Devin was incredible! We had an initial phone call with him to go over our plan as we got closer to our wedding date. We even had a happy hour meeting a couple weeks before just so we could meet in person and get a feel for each other. The day of the wedding, Devin was incredible and kept people on the dance floor ALL NIGHT LONG! The sound was great, the songs were great and the interaction with the crowd was impeccable. I strongly recommend Devin Moore and Selective Sound Entertainment for all of your entertainment needs!

Sent on 08/28/2019

Amy · Married on 06/22/2019

DJ Patrick was the absolute BEST!!!

Patrick K. was an awesome DJ and was an even better event coordinator for our wedding. He went way above and beyond his duties as DJ and made sure that the entire wedding party was comfortable, in the right places, and happy with their food and drinks. He even did minor dry cleaning duties and cleaned up a stain on my husband's tux just minutes before the ceremony began!! I actively highly recommended Patrick to others. He made a stressful day significantly less stressful, and for that I am grateful. Five stars all the way.

Sent on 08/27/2019

Selective Sound Entertainment's reply:

Patrick was very happy and had an amazing time at your wedding reception. We always aim to exceed every expectation, everytime.

Hope to run into you and your new husband at a future wedding reception.
  • Kaylee

Kaylee · Married on 03/02/2019

DJ Marcus was phenomenal!

DJ Marcus did an amazing job at our wedding! We had already read a ton of reviews for Selective Sound about how great DJ Marcus was, but still could not believe how outstanding he was. Marcus is very nice and down to earth. He was great with communication and open to doing anything that would make our day more special! My husband and I both had some special and secret requests for songs (fake mess ups, etc), and he delivered perfectly! Also, our guests raved about how awesome he was. Our dance floor was packed from the moment music started until the wedding ended! DJ Marcus’ use of his turn tables was so unique and cool! We have never danced so much in our lives! The uplighting and monogram were also breathtaking!

We will definitely be recommending Marcus to friends and family!

Thank you very much, Marcus, for the amazing reception! You were truly a pleasure to work with!

Sent on 03/16/2019

Selective Sound Entertainment's reply:

Thank you for the kind words! We were so happy that you put all your faith in our hands for your big day! Marcus had nothing but great things to say about the great time he had.

Best wishes.

Stephanie Olivera · Married on 03/02/2019

Kept the Party Going All Night

Jay R was a pleasure to work with and played a key role in our big day. Knowing the acoustic challenges in The Old Courthouse, we knew we needed someone with a lot of experience there. Jay R came highly recommended and did not disappoint. He kept the dance floor alive all night and kept the party going from start to finish. Jay R was easy to communicate and very responsive to email. Very early on he demonstrated his experience and was an easy choice for us. He understood the vibe we were going for and executed perfectly. We received lots of compliments from our guests on how great our DJ was! We would recommend Jay R to anyone!

Sent on 03/18/2019

Stephanie,

You and your husband were so easy going and it was a blast to work with you. We hope to see you at future weddings real soon.

Best wishes

Nicolina Sirna · Married on 12/07/2018

Nothing short of amazing!

I cannot say enough about Selective Sound Entertainment -- we had Jay R for our wedding night and it was nothing short of amazing. The music was outstanding and kept our guests on the floor all night long!! He was not just an amazing DJ but he also was very concerned and focused on how we were doing and our night was going -- always checking in to see if we needed anything/calm the nerves, etc. I cannot say enough about them and would recommend them a million times again to anyone and everyone!!

Sent on 03/19/2019

Thanks Nicolina

Your family and friends are so energetic and know how to have fun! It was an honor to be a part of such a big day! Hope to see you sooner than later.

Kyle Jacobs · Married on 11/10/2018

Wedding 11-10-18

I would highly recommend Selective Sound for any of my friends or family’s weddings. DJ Danny did a fantastic job. First of all, he was very thorough with his preparations — calling us multiple times in the weeks/days leading up to the wedding to make sure everything was taken care of. Secondly, he took all of our playlist suggestions and played them at the appropriate time throughout the night. There wasn’t one minute that the dance floor wasn’t full. DJ Danny is a true professional and I can’t speak highly enough about Selective Sound.

Sent on 12/05/2018

Selective Sound Entertainment's reply:

Thank you for these kind words Kyle. Danny spoke very highly of you both and did indeed have an amazing evening at your reception. We are so glad you put your trust in us to over-deliver for your wedding day.
  • Catherine

Catherine Kukowski · Married on 10/12/2018

Marcus J was perfect!

Marcus J really took the time to talk to my now-husband and I about what we envisioned, and made it happen! His communication with us before and during the wedding ensured everything ran smoothly. You can't go wrong with Marcus!

Sent on 12/07/2018

Alison · Married on 09/15/2018

Wonderful!

Daniel was our wedding DJ and he was absolutely WONDERFUL! We met with him over dinner and discussed our ideas for music, which he truly listened to! He made sure we didn't forget anyone important in our dancing lineup, and made sure our schedule for the night went on without a hitch! He was so easy to get along with, and made sure the dance floor was packed all night!
    10/10, would definitely recommend!

Sent on 07/23/2019

Selective Sound Entertainment's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to fill this out! Danny loves what he does and reviews like this make it well worth the work we put in!

Hope to see you at another wedding soon! Congrats.

Lindsey · Married on 09/08/2018

Our dance floor was packed all night!

Selective Sound Entertainment was amazing! Jay R made the whole planning experience simple and fun. He was easy to reach, responsive, and very accommodating with our song requests. Our dance floor was packed all night long, And the uplighting and photo booth were also exceptional! Not to mention Jay R’s day-of coordination to make sure everything ran smooth! I seriously can’t say enough good things about this company. You will not be disappointed if you book with them!

Sent on 12/09/2018

Suzanne · Married on 09/02/2018

A+ service and talent

93 degrees outside and they still killed it! Nobody wanted to sit down, when the music was this good! Flawless emcee skills I might add. So much so, that my family hired them for the next family wedding, and it’s a two hour drive !

Sent on 12/04/2018

Sue,

You guys were truly amazing to work with! Can't wait for the next wedding that we see you at.

Danielle Hicar · Married on 08/18/2018

Great services!

Jay R was amazing and very easy to work with. He made everything flow just as I wanted. The dance floor was packed all night and I received many compliments on how great the music was! We also did the mirror photo booth and it was a hit!

Sent on 12/06/2018
  • Tempest

Tempest · Married on 08/11/2018

Brilliant Company

There are few words that can accurately describe the experience we received through Jay R and Selective Sound! I knew that in planning a wedding there were a few key ingredients that either make or break receptions. One of the largest key players being the DJ! The DJ is responsible for pulling everyone together, for keeping them out on the dance floor, and letting everyone enjoy themselves which makes for a great evening! Jay R went above and beyond any expectations I could've imagined! My FATHER-IN-LAW was even out on the dance floor... And I know for all, that means absolutely nothing, but it meant the world to me. He's an older farmer who is set in his older ways and is not one who goes out of his way. But he was on the dance floor the night of my wedding, more than once might I add! It was a fantastic evening, Jay R read the crowd and played what he knew everyone would love. I can honestly say hands down, my reception met and exceeded every expectation I had. Jay R was organized, he had everything ready and at his finger tips. He knew what to say and how to say it. He was extremely pleasant to work with and he actually listened to what his customer wanted. Brilliant is all I have to say about Jay R and Selective Sound Entertainment! I loved every second of that night and I have this team to thank for that!

Sent on 12/04/2018

Selective Sound Entertainment's reply:

Thank you for these kind words Tempest! It was an honor to work with both you and your family through the planning process! Hope to run into you again soon at another wedding!

Angela · Married on 06/18/2018

When planning our big day, I knew that the DJ was probably the most crucial part of planning. Yes, the food, the venue, the dress, etc. are all important, but every bride and groom wants to see that their time and money went into their guests having a good time, and the music is the most important part of that. It’s what gets everyone in the mood to either sit at their table and awkwardly participate in small talk, or grab a drink and head to the dance floor. I would’ve been heartbroken if I saw all of my guests being wallflowers. But, Devin M with Selective Sound Entertainment made sure that my guests spent the majority of their night dancing! He listened to every request I made and kept the party going!
    Devin was also very professional. He was the life of the party when he needed to be, and commanded the attention of the room when we were ready to take large group photos, make a toast, or cut the cake. He really helped “run the show”. Trust me, you want people who are willing to be in command and grab peoples attention, because wrangling 160 partially intoxicated friends and family members is NOT something you want to do on your big day. He kept those moments so stress free for me, and for that, I am so very grateful!
    Our wedding was in a very large pavilion, and I worried the sound would be really hard to master, but he did it perfectly! The speeches were clear and the music wasn’t blaring to make up for the lack of walls. Two friends of ours, who will be getting married at the same location next year, even asked us for his information, because they were so impressed with his work.
    The entire process, from meeting initially with Jay R at their office, to Skyping and Emailing with Devin (I live in NC, while our wedding was in Ohio), was so easy and relaxed. It was like talking to an old friend. I am so so appreciative of the work that Devin put into making our day as perfect as we had hoped it would be!

Sent on 06/15/2018

Selective Sound Entertainment's reply:

You guys were so amazing to work with! So happy for you guys and we certainly hope to run into you again real soon.

Meg Williams · Married on 06/16/2018

Absolutely amazing!!

I am so thankful I chose to go with Selective Sound! I can't imagine my day going as perfect as it did without them. Marcus was hands down absolutely amazing. Not only did he listen to what I wanted but he exceeded my expectations. Everyone was out on the dance floor ALL night long. People continue to ask me who my DJ was because they all loved him. I can't thank them enough for helping my day run so smoothly!

Sent on 10/01/2019

Selective Sound Entertainment's reply:

So thankful for you writing this review. We are always so passionate everytime we work with our couples to over deliver. We wish you both the best and look forward to seeing you at one of your friends or co-workers wedding in the future.

Brittany · Married on 06/02/2018

DJ Rich with Selective Sound was absolutely fantastic!!! He did an amazing job keeping our wedding reception on track and ensuring all of our guests had a blast! He played songs that filled the dance floor the entire night! We got so many compliments from our guests about how awesome DJ Rich was! My husband and I highly recommend DJ Rich for any event!

Sent on 06/28/2018

Jessica · Married on 05/26/2018

I used Selection Sound Entertainment for my wedding and I could not be more impressed or satisfied with their work! Jay R went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect! From guiding us through our ceremony to our first dance, Jay R kept us informed, excited and stress free! He kept our dance floor packed all night and made sure myself and my husband were taken care of until the very end! I highly recommend this company for any DJ needs!

Sent on 06/15/2018

Jessica,

Your night flew by so quickly! What an incredible group of friends and family you have! Could have partied with you until 2am.