Selective Sound Entertainment Reviews

112 Reviews for Selective Sound Entertainment

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

112 Selective Sound Entertainment Reviews

Angela · Married on 06/18/2018

When planning our big day, I knew that the DJ was probably the most crucial part of planning. Yes, the food, the venue, the dress, etc. are all important, but every bride and groom wants to see that their time and money went into their guests having a good time, and the music is the most important part of that. It’s what gets everyone in the mood to either sit at their table and awkwardly participate in small talk, or grab a drink and head to the dance floor. I would’ve been heartbroken if I saw all of my guests being wallflowers. But, Devin M with Selective Sound Entertainment made sure that my guests spent the majority of their night dancing! He listened to every request I made and kept the party going!
    Devin was also very professional. He was the life of the party when he needed to be, and commanded the attention of the room when we were ready to take large group photos, make a toast, or cut the cake. He really helped “run the show”. Trust me, you want people who are willing to be in command and grab peoples attention, because wrangling 160 partially intoxicated friends and family members is NOT something you want to do on your big day. He kept those moments so stress free for me, and for that, I am so very grateful!
    Our wedding was in a very large pavilion, and I worried the sound would be really hard to master, but he did it perfectly! The speeches were clear and the music wasn’t blaring to make up for the lack of walls. Two friends of ours, who will be getting married at the same location next year, even asked us for his information, because they were so impressed with his work.
    The entire process, from meeting initially with Jay R at their office, to Skyping and Emailing with Devin (I live in NC, while our wedding was in Ohio), was so easy and relaxed. It was like talking to an old friend. I am so so appreciative of the work that Devin put into making our day as perfect as we had hoped it would be!

Selective Sound Entertainment's reply:

You guys were so amazing to work with! So happy for you guys and we certainly hope to run into you again real soon.

Brittany · Married on 06/02/2018

DJ Rich with Selective Sound was absolutely fantastic!!! He did an amazing job keeping our wedding reception on track and ensuring all of our guests had a blast! He played songs that filled the dance floor the entire night! We got so many compliments from our guests about how awesome DJ Rich was! My husband and I highly recommend DJ Rich for any event!

Jessica · Married on 05/26/2018

I used Selection Sound Entertainment for my wedding and I could not be more impressed or satisfied with their work! Jay R went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect! From guiding us through our ceremony to our first dance, Jay R kept us informed, excited and stress free! He kept our dance floor packed all night and made sure myself and my husband were taken care of until the very end! I highly recommend this company for any DJ needs!

Selective Sound Entertainment's reply:

Jessica, Your night flew by so quickly! What an incredible group of friends and family you have! Could have partied with you until 2am.

Marissa · Married on 05/26/2018

Selective Sound & Jay R are AMAZING! They were so easy to work with and really know how to make a event special! I've worked with them on not only my wedding, but other weddings as well and each time they put on an event they are INCREDIBLE! Jay R is truly an AWESOME person and he is the BEST out there! I really can't thank him enough for everything he has done for us and our wedding. He went above and beyond what I ever expected. Our wedding was truly STUNNING because of Selective Sound and Jay R! THANK YOU SO MUCH!:)

Sent on 06/13/2018

Selective Sound Entertainment's reply:

Thanks for your kind words Marissa! You guys were amazing to work with and we had a blast at your reception! Look forward to seeing you again real soon at another wedding.

Allison · Married on 05/26/2018

I would definitely reccomend selective sound for a wedding! Everyone of the guests I talked to said they had a great time dancing, Rich G was fabulous! The planning process was stress free and very easy. They were flexible with my planning needs as I was commutting from out of town.

Sent on 06/19/2018

Selective Sound Entertainment's reply:

Thank you for making us such a big part of your day! You were amazing to work with!

Maegan · Married on 05/05/2018

Selective Sound Entertainment is awesome. My DJ/MC, Patrick, was so attentive. He and I met twice to discuss all of the details and he even reviewed everything a few days before the wedding. The music was awesome and my guests loved him. He was so interactive and really got people excited. What I loved about Selective Sound is their online planning tool. You log in to your account and you can fill out a timeline of your wedding day, the names of the people in your bridal party, and then you pick all your special songs. You can make changes as many times as you want until 1 week before the wedding! After that, I just texted my DJ with a last minute change. They helped make my wedding perfect! (Seriously! Not a single thing went wrong!)

Selective Sound Entertainment's reply:

Patrick had a ball at your reception! You were so easy to work with! Hope to run into you again real soon at a wedding!

Lauren · Married on 04/13/2018

Marcus was our DJ and did an amazing job! Jay and the entire Selective Sound team was on top of everything and made our day perfect! Highly recommend this company for wedding day or any special events!

Sent on 06/18/2018

Selective Sound Entertainment's reply:

Lauren, Great to work with you. We surely hope to see you at another wedding real soon! Best wishes to you both.

julie · Married on 12/31/2017

As SSE says, they are not just a DJ company. We worked with Jay R who planned the NYE wedding of our dreams and brought our vision to life. He gave us suggestions (respective to our budget) of services to utilize to make our wedding unique and exactly what we wanted. We used 2 70 inch TV's for SocialCast- a program where guests can hashtag photos and they will then be displayed on the TVs. We also used the TV's to live stream the ball drop. Lastly, SSE provided confetti cannons for the midnight celebration. This was truly a production and work of art. We had sound technicians, someone to run the TV's and of course our DJ/MC Marcus. I could tell all staff were prepped and organized and knew exactly what to do when it came to our wedding. DJ Marcus understood the age and vibe of the crowd but also did a phenomenal job pleasing our guests with their song requests. Marcus and the entire staff was very professional and prepared. I would recommend SSE to anyone.

Sent on 01/08/2018

Selective Sound Entertainment's reply:

Julie, Working with you and your fiance was an absolute pleasure and I am still in awe over how amazing the photos turned out. One of our best NYE weddings hands down!!!!! Congrats to you both and thank you sooo sooo very much for trusting us on one of the the biggest days of your life!

Jessica · Married on 09/08/2017

Jay r is awesome! Our DJ (another vendor) bailed on us 3 weeks before our wedding and after reaching out to 12 other DJs to find a replacement Jay r and Selective Sound stood out against all of the other options that we met with. Definitely a great choice! All of our guests danced all night long! We heard all of our favorite songs! The lighting was an awesome addition and the photo booth was a great way for us to remember the fun that everyone had! Many of our guests commented that this was the best wedding ever and I know that that was partly due to the awesome music that played throughout the night! Great job Jay r!! Thank you!!

Sent on 09/11/2017

Selective Sound Entertainment's reply:

Glad we were able to exceed your expectations. I certainly enjoyed working with you both and hope to see you again real soon!

Savannah · Married on 09/02/2017

Choosing SSE was one of the best decisions we made during our wedding planning process. Jay-R was our DJ and was PHENOMENAL through out the entire process. The wedding experience and advice Jay-R offered was priceless and extremely useful. On our wedding day, everything was perfect and as promised. He ensured our wedding guests were entertained and engaged. He also ensured we stuck to our timeline so that the night ran smoothly. Our photo-booth attendant did an amazing job organizing the booth and our keepsake photo album was perfect! Once the dance floor was open for the night, it was PACKED! The music Jay-R played was amazing and kept the party going, even until the very last song. If I had to do it all over again, I would choose SSE every time, without hesitation! Thank you SSE and Jay-R for helping make our big day absolutely perfect!

Sent on 09/04/2017

Selective Sound Entertainment's reply:

What an amazing night! You guys were so on top of things with the planning and you helped make my job alot easier. This certainly was one for the ages.....

Meredith · Married on 08/26/2017

I can't say enough about SSE and I am glad we chose them to help celebrate our day. Jay r was our original contact and he helped us feel comfortable about our choice. He was available at any time to ask questions and continued to be in contact with us up until we finally met with our dj. DJ Brian was amazing! He was so helpful when setting up our big day and we felt comfortable right away. We knew we were putting our wedding in good hands. He worked well with the other vendors and his song choices were on point. Our dance floor was full all night and the uplighting looked great. The day went smoothly and he made sure our day was special!

Sent on 10/18/2017

Selective Sound Entertainment's reply:

Thank you for the kind words! We super appreciate you having us be such a large part of your wedding day.

Chelsea · Married on 07/07/2017

One of the smartest decisions I made for my wedding! Selective Sound was highly professional, friendly, accommodating, and kept everyone dancing and entertained until the last song! They even played an encore song upon request as everyone wanted to continue celebrating! Truly grateful for Selective Sound Entertainment and Jay R, and cannot emphasize enough that I highly reccomend them!!!

Sent on 07/13/2017

Selective Sound Entertainment's reply:

So awesome celebrating with you and your family! What a wedding! Thank you for trusting us with such a big day.

Mark · Married on 06/24/2017

Jay R was FANTASTIC! Was a pleasure to work with him!

Sent on 07/12/2017

Selective Sound Entertainment's reply:

Thank you for the opportunity to over deliver. We were very happy to be such a big part of your day!

Colin · Married on 06/01/2017

I recently got married and I hired DJ Patrick for my reception and he went above and beyond what I expected! Me and my wife were very pleased with how well everything went. He was funny but professional, knew what to say at the perfect time and made it a great time for all of my guests. We had a cavs watch party during our reception for game 1 of the finals and even though they lost Patrick kept the energy alive throughout the whole night! I am still getting compliments on our wedding reception a few month later and I truly think DJ Patrick is a big reason for that. 10/10, five stars isn't enough!

Sent on 08/08/2017

Selective Sound Entertainment's reply:

Patrick is still talking about how much fun he had at this wedding! Thanks for having us pack your dance floor from beginning to end!

Brent · Married on 01/07/2017

Jay R was great! Not only is he a pro with music, but he helped us plan the flow of your reception to ensure that the party was always hopping and our guests didn't get bored. He was also very respectful of our more conservative guests and kept music tasteful. Hand down professionals, through and through.

Sent on 02/08/2017

Selective Sound Entertainment's reply:

This was such a fun wedding! So glad you took the chance and had us. We wish you guys the best and thank you for your kind words.

Taylor · Married on 11/05/2016

From beginning to end, Jay R made sure we were taken great care of. His quick replies, his reminders to keep the ball rolling and his recommendations made the planning process so easy. Top notch professionalism. The day of, Jay R and his staff made sure our day was perfect. Our guests had a blast and our tent and surrounding areas were lit up beautifully. What more could you ask for? Our guests are still complimenting on how much fun they had- and we have Jay R and the Selective Sound team to thank for that!

Sent on 02/01/2017

Selective Sound Entertainment's reply:

What an epic time we had! Thank you for your kind words as this was such an amazing reception.

Victoria · Married on 09/18/2016

Selective sound was great! We planned a wedding for my husbands post deployment leave and we only had 6 months notice, then our DJ friend stopped being responsive so we had to find a DJ last minute so it was on relatively short notice. I called around and Jay R was so personable, informative, and responsive. They were really great. He selected Marcus as the DJ and he was awesome! We have an eclectic taste in music so he was able to personalize everything for us and make our day special, not just playing the popular music. We were running late on our timeline on the wedding day and he was understanding and customized everything to fit our needs. We also got uplighting for the venue and it turned out beautiful! We couldn't have asked for a better DJ!

Sent on 09/21/2016

Selective Sound Entertainment's reply:

Victoria, It was great working with you and we are soooo glad we could accommodate you guys! Marcus had a ball and took some amazing pictures of the uplighting! Best wishes to you both.

Annie · Married on 09/03/2016

We went with selective sound pretty early in our wedding planning process because they were the preferred sound company for our venue and upon doing research we've seen a lot of good things about the company. We are still amazed at the level of service we actually received. We were contacted plenty of times throughout the process to make things easy and every one of our needs were met to the highest of standards. We had Marcus as our DJ and it couldn't have gone better. Marcus supplied us with plenty of great times, his music selection was so on point and timely. I couldn't have done or scripted it better myself. He was a great host/mc and even was nice to all of our needy (and crazy) guests. It's been a month since our wedding and I still have guests telling me how awesome our DJ was and I've refered him to several people. Thanks again Marcus, you helped make our wedding unforgettable!

Sent on 09/20/2016

Selective Sound Entertainment's reply:

Annie, Marcus had an amazing time at your wedding and said you both were some of the best people to work with. I saw the pictures and they were breathtaking! Congrats to you both and we certainly appreciate your review.

Jessica · Married on 09/03/2016

If you want your reception to go off without a hitch - I highly recommend JayR and his team at Selective Sound. We began our process meeting with JayR to discuss DJ, photobooth, lighting, etc. From our first meeting - everything was seamless. JayR was timely in responses, never left me feeling over or underwhelmed, professional and knowledgeable. Being a Bride who wanted to feel that nothing was left out of my day - JayR quoted everything under the sun that was a possibility to add into our day and we made decisions from there. We had uplighting, floor washes, GOBO's, pipe and drape, photobooth, dancing on the clouds, DJ and a sound system for our ceremony, (although I am sure I am missing something else SSE did for us!) Rick, our DJ, we met a few months before our wedding day. We gave him a very tall order. No requests, no line dances, club vibe from beginning to end! This was not typical for him as he said he usually likes to take care of the entire crowd for weddings and play songs from all genres and for every age group to appease every guest. We were adamant on him sticking to our wishes and he did! Literally - from after our first dance until the end of the night - there was not an open spot on the dance floor. It was bumping and packed the WHOLE evening. He played from our request list, songs that he chose, and even a few requests that ended up being perfect!!! Later in the night he played some 80's songs that made the very few people in their seats get on the dance floor. My uncles were happy! Seriously, could not have asked for a better DJ! He was timely with our evening, went in the exact order for speeches, dances, etc. He even played a hurricane horn which is an inside joke with my husband and his groomsmen! What DJ has a hurricane horn on queue?!?! It was everything we wanted our reception to be. If you want the best DJ, the best detailed oriented team - JayR and Rick from Selective Sound are your guys. Cannot praise them enough!!! THANK YOU!

Sent on 09/21/2016

Selective Sound Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much for this review! We certainly enjoyed working with you both and look forward to seeing you at your friends weddings in the future. Congrats!

Dominica · Married on 08/27/2016

I highly recommend Selective Sound. We hired them mainly as a DJ, but also added on their lighting package, ceremony sound package, and photobooth. All aspects of their services were awesome! Jay R was very responsive and helpful throughout the whole process; just having him coordinate and manage all the details will keep your mind at ease. Our DJ was Mike, and he was great as well! He took the time to meet us prior to the wedding to get to know our tastes, likes, and dislikes, and on the night of the wedding he was a fun DJ/MC! We had many guests mention how entertaining he was. Ask for him if you can!

Caitlin · Married on 07/30/2016

Jay R was absolutely AWESOME. The process from start to finish and the actual event was seamless. The dance floor was packed the entire time and he played the perfect blend of music to keep the crowd engaged. Out of all of my vendors I would say Jay R was one of the best if not the best investment we made. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ in NE Ohio.

Sent on 08/11/2016

Selective Sound Entertainment's reply:

Caitlin, It was certainly an honor to celebrate with you and your family. Dance floor was packed all night long and it was one amazing party. We played 111 dance songs in just 3.5 hours, which was almost a record!!!! Thanks for your review and keep in touch. Hope to see you sooner than later.

Samantha · Married on 05/21/2016

Our DJ Jay R and Selective sounds were absolutly incredible! From the very first meeting we had to the wedding reception everything went so smoothly. Jay R took the time to listen to us and help us incorperate everything we wanted to at the reception. He is a super nice guy and very professional. He kept the dance floor packed all night and knew exactly what music to play and when to play it. We have gotten so many compliments from guests that were at our Wedding on what an amazing DJ we had. They did a great job with the uplighting as well. It made the venue look very beautiful. We also rented a photo booth through Selective Sound and that was a big hit ! The photobooth attendant was very professional and fun and helped all of our guests with the photobooth. We would reccomend Jay R and Selective Sounds to ANYONE for their wedding.

Selective Sound Entertainment's reply:

Samantha, You weddings was certainly "epic". We had an absolute amazing time. Wish every wedding could be as fun as yours. Congrats to you both and we certainly hope to run into you again real soon.

Amber · Married on 05/14/2016

Awesome! They got the party going and it didn't stop until the lights turned on. Jay R was amazing and great to work with. He had fun ideas that my guests have been talking about since the wedding. My guests loved our DJ and loved the dance floor. People can't stop talking about it!

Selective Sound Entertainment's reply:

It was certainly great to work with you both as well. You have amazing friends and family and they danced all night long.. Wish we had an extra few hours, as your guests probably would have danced longer. Thanks for taking time for your review.

Selective Sound is a FIRST CLASS COMPANY! They made the night amazing and DJ Marcus kept the dance floor packed the entire night! I would definitely recommend booking with them and having them at your event! Awesome all around!

Selective Sound Entertainment's reply:

Thank you for the kinds words!! We appreciate you taking the time to post your review.

Greg · Married on 03/05/2016

Selective Sound Entertainment did an AMAZING job!!!
    So glad we choose them for our special day!!

Sent on 03/23/2016

Selective Sound Entertainment's reply:

Thanks for the kind review! You both were great to work with! Hope to run into you real soon.