Selective Sound Entertainment Reviews

120 Reviews for Selective Sound Entertainment

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• Kaylee

Kaylee · Married on 03/02/2019

DJ Marcus was phenomenal!

DJ Marcus did an amazing job at our wedding! We had already read a ton of reviews for Selective Sound about how great DJ Marcus was, but still could not believe how outstanding he was. Marcus is very nice and down to earth. He was great with communication and open to doing anything that would make our day more special! My husband and I both had some special and secret requests for songs (fake mess ups, etc), and he delivered perfectly! Also, our guests raved about how awesome he was. Our dance floor was packed from the moment music started until the wedding ended! DJ Marcus’ use of his turn tables was so unique and cool! We have never danced so much in our lives! The uplighting and monogram were also breathtaking!

We will definitely be recommending Marcus to friends and family!

Thank you very much, Marcus, for the amazing reception! You were truly a pleasure to work with!

Stephanie Olivera · Married on 03/02/2019

Kept the Party Going All Night

Jay R was a pleasure to work with and played a key role in our big day. Knowing the acoustic challenges in The Old Courthouse, we knew we needed someone with a lot of experience there. Jay R came highly recommended and did not disappoint. He kept the dance floor alive all night and kept the party going from start to finish. Jay R was easy to communicate and very responsive to email. Very early on he demonstrated his experience and was an easy choice for us. He understood the vibe we were going for and executed perfectly. We received lots of compliments from our guests on how great our DJ was! We would recommend Jay R to anyone!

Kyle Jacobs · Married on 11/10/2018

Wedding 11-10-18

I would highly recommend Selective Sound for any of my friends or family’s weddings. DJ Danny did a fantastic job. First of all, he was very thorough with his preparations — calling us multiple times in the weeks/days leading up to the wedding to make sure everything was taken care of. Secondly, he took all of our playlist suggestions and played them at the appropriate time throughout the night. There wasn’t one minute that the dance floor wasn’t full. DJ Danny is a true professional and I can’t speak highly enough about Selective Sound.

Selective Sound Entertainment's reply:

Thank you for these kind words Kyle. Danny spoke very highly of you both and did indeed have an amazing evening at your reception. We are so glad you put your trust in us to over-deliver for your wedding day.
  • Catherine

Catherine Kukowski · Married on 10/12/2018

Marcus J was perfect!

Marcus J really took the time to talk to my now-husband and I about what we envisioned, and made it happen! His communication with us before and during the wedding ensured everything ran smoothly. You can't go wrong with Marcus!

Lindsey · Married on 09/08/2018

Our dance floor was packed all night!

Selective Sound Entertainment was amazing! Jay R made the whole planning experience simple and fun. He was easy to reach, responsive, and very accommodating with our song requests. Our dance floor was packed all night long, And the uplighting and photo booth were also exceptional! Not to mention Jay R’s day-of coordination to make sure everything ran smooth! I seriously can’t say enough good things about this company. You will not be disappointed if you book with them!

Suzanne · Married on 09/02/2018

A+ service and talent

93 degrees outside and they still killed it! Nobody wanted to sit down, when the music was this good! Flawless emcee skills I might add. So much so, that my family hired them for the next family wedding, and it’s a two hour drive !

Sue,

You guys were truly amazing to work with! Can't wait for the next wedding that we see you at.

Danielle Hicar · Married on 08/18/2018

Great services!

Jay R was amazing and very easy to work with. He made everything flow just as I wanted. The dance floor was packed all night and I received many compliments on how great the music was! We also did the mirror photo booth and it was a hit!

• Tempest

Tempest · Married on 08/11/2018

Brilliant Company

There are few words that can accurately describe the experience we received through Jay R and Selective Sound! I knew that in planning a wedding there were a few key ingredients that either make or break receptions. One of the largest key players being the DJ! The DJ is responsible for pulling everyone together, for keeping them out on the dance floor, and letting everyone enjoy themselves which makes for a great evening! Jay R went above and beyond any expectations I could've imagined! My FATHER-IN-LAW was even out on the dance floor... And I know for all, that means absolutely nothing, but it meant the world to me. He's an older farmer who is set in his older ways and is not one who goes out of his way. But he was on the dance floor the night of my wedding, more than once might I add! It was a fantastic evening, Jay R read the crowd and played what he knew everyone would love. I can honestly say hands down, my reception met and exceeded every expectation I had. Jay R was organized, he had everything ready and at his finger tips. He knew what to say and how to say it. He was extremely pleasant to work with and he actually listened to what his customer wanted. Brilliant is all I have to say about Jay R and Selective Sound Entertainment! I loved every second of that night and I have this team to thank for that!

Selective Sound Entertainment's reply:

Thank you for these kind words Tempest! It was an honor to work with both you and your family through the planning process! Hope to run into you again soon at another wedding!

Angela · Married on 06/18/2018

When planning our big day, I knew that the DJ was probably the most crucial part of planning. Yes, the food, the venue, the dress, etc. are all important, but every bride and groom wants to see that their time and money went into their guests having a good time, and the music is the most important part of that. It’s what gets everyone in the mood to either sit at their table and awkwardly participate in small talk, or grab a drink and head to the dance floor. I would’ve been heartbroken if I saw all of my guests being wallflowers. But, Devin M with Selective Sound Entertainment made sure that my guests spent the majority of their night dancing! He listened to every request I made and kept the party going!
    Devin was also very professional. He was the life of the party when he needed to be, and commanded the attention of the room when we were ready to take large group photos, make a toast, or cut the cake. He really helped “run the show”. Trust me, you want people who are willing to be in command and grab peoples attention, because wrangling 160 partially intoxicated friends and family members is NOT something you want to do on your big day. He kept those moments so stress free for me, and for that, I am so very grateful!
    Our wedding was in a very large pavilion, and I worried the sound would be really hard to master, but he did it perfectly! The speeches were clear and the music wasn’t blaring to make up for the lack of walls. Two friends of ours, who will be getting married at the same location next year, even asked us for his information, because they were so impressed with his work.
    The entire process, from meeting initially with Jay R at their office, to Skyping and Emailing with Devin (I live in NC, while our wedding was in Ohio), was so easy and relaxed. It was like talking to an old friend. I am so so appreciative of the work that Devin put into making our day as perfect as we had hoped it would be!

Selective Sound Entertainment's reply:

You guys were so amazing to work with! So happy for you guys and we certainly hope to run into you again real soon.

Brittany · Married on 06/02/2018

DJ Rich with Selective Sound was absolutely fantastic!!! He did an amazing job keeping our wedding reception on track and ensuring all of our guests had a blast! He played songs that filled the dance floor the entire night! We got so many compliments from our guests about how awesome DJ Rich was! My husband and I highly recommend DJ Rich for any event!

Jessica · Married on 05/26/2018

I used Selection Sound Entertainment for my wedding and I could not be more impressed or satisfied with their work! Jay R went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect! From guiding us through our ceremony to our first dance, Jay R kept us informed, excited and stress free! He kept our dance floor packed all night and made sure myself and my husband were taken care of until the very end! I highly recommend this company for any DJ needs!

Jessica,

Your night flew by so quickly! What an incredible group of friends and family you have! Could have partied with you until 2am.

Marissa · Married on 05/26/2018

Selective Sound & Jay R are AMAZING! They were so easy to work with and really know how to make a event special! I've worked with them on not only my wedding, but other weddings as well and each time they put on an event they are INCREDIBLE! Jay R is truly an AWESOME person and he is the BEST out there! I really can't thank him enough for everything he has done for us and our wedding. He went above and beyond what I ever expected. Our wedding was truly STUNNING because of Selective Sound and Jay R! THANK YOU SO MUCH!:)

Sent on 06/13/2018

Selective Sound Entertainment's reply:

Thanks for your kind words Marissa! You guys were amazing to work with and we had a blast at your reception! Look forward to seeing you again real soon at another wedding.

Allison · Married on 05/26/2018

I would definitely reccomend selective sound for a wedding! Everyone of the guests I talked to said they had a great time dancing, Rich G was fabulous! The planning process was stress free and very easy. They were flexible with my planning needs as I was commutting from out of town.

Sent on 06/19/2018

Selective Sound Entertainment's reply:

Thank you for making us such a big part of your day! You were amazing to work with!

Maegan · Married on 05/05/2018

Selective Sound Entertainment is awesome. My DJ/MC, Patrick, was so attentive. He and I met twice to discuss all of the details and he even reviewed everything a few days before the wedding. The music was awesome and my guests loved him. He was so interactive and really got people excited. What I loved about Selective Sound is their online planning tool. You log in to your account and you can fill out a timeline of your wedding day, the names of the people in your bridal party, and then you pick all your special songs. You can make changes as many times as you want until 1 week before the wedding! After that, I just texted my DJ with a last minute change. They helped make my wedding perfect! (Seriously! Not a single thing went wrong!)

Selective Sound Entertainment's reply:

Patrick had a ball at your reception! You were so easy to work with! Hope to run into you again real soon at a wedding!

Lauren · Married on 04/13/2018

Marcus was our DJ and did an amazing job! Jay and the entire Selective Sound team was on top of everything and made our day perfect! Highly recommend this company for wedding day or any special events!

Sent on 06/18/2018

Lauren,

Great to work with you. We surely hope to see you at another wedding real soon!

Best wishes to you both.

julie · Married on 12/31/2017

As SSE says, they are not just a DJ company. We worked with Jay R who planned the NYE wedding of our dreams and brought our vision to life. He gave us suggestions (respective to our budget) of services to utilize to make our wedding unique and exactly what we wanted. We used 2 70 inch TV's for SocialCast- a program where guests can hashtag photos and they will then be displayed on the TVs. We also used the TV's to live stream the ball drop. Lastly, SSE provided confetti cannons for the midnight celebration. This was truly a production and work of art. We had sound technicians, someone to run the TV's and of course our DJ/MC Marcus. I could tell all staff were prepped and organized and knew exactly what to do when it came to our wedding. DJ Marcus understood the age and vibe of the crowd but also did a phenomenal job pleasing our guests with their song requests. Marcus and the entire staff was very professional and prepared. I would recommend SSE to anyone.

Sent on 01/08/2018

Selective Sound Entertainment's reply:

Julie, Working with you and your fiance was an absolute pleasure and I am still in awe over how amazing the photos turned out. One of our best NYE weddings hands down!!!!! Congrats to you both and thank you sooo sooo very much for trusting us on one of the the biggest days of your life!

Jessica · Married on 09/08/2017

Jay r is awesome! Our DJ (another vendor) bailed on us 3 weeks before our wedding and after reaching out to 12 other DJs to find a replacement Jay r and Selective Sound stood out against all of the other options that we met with. Definitely a great choice! All of our guests danced all night long! We heard all of our favorite songs! The lighting was an awesome addition and the photo booth was a great way for us to remember the fun that everyone had! Many of our guests commented that this was the best wedding ever and I know that that was partly due to the awesome music that played throughout the night! Great job Jay r!! Thank you!!

Sent on 09/11/2017

Selective Sound Entertainment's reply:

Glad we were able to exceed your expectations. I certainly enjoyed working with you both and hope to see you again real soon!

Savannah · Married on 09/02/2017

Choosing SSE was one of the best decisions we made during our wedding planning process. Jay-R was our DJ and was PHENOMENAL through out the entire process. The wedding experience and advice Jay-R offered was priceless and extremely useful. On our wedding day, everything was perfect and as promised. He ensured our wedding guests were entertained and engaged. He also ensured we stuck to our timeline so that the night ran smoothly. Our photo-booth attendant did an amazing job organizing the booth and our keepsake photo album was perfect! Once the dance floor was open for the night, it was PACKED! The music Jay-R played was amazing and kept the party going, even until the very last song. If I had to do it all over again, I would choose SSE every time, without hesitation! Thank you SSE and Jay-R for helping make our big day absolutely perfect!

Sent on 09/04/2017

Selective Sound Entertainment's reply:

What an amazing night! You guys were so on top of things with the planning and you helped make my job alot easier. This certainly was one for the ages.....

Meredith · Married on 08/26/2017

I can't say enough about SSE and I am glad we chose them to help celebrate our day. Jay r was our original contact and he helped us feel comfortable about our choice. He was available at any time to ask questions and continued to be in contact with us up until we finally met with our dj. DJ Brian was amazing! He was so helpful when setting up our big day and we felt comfortable right away. We knew we were putting our wedding in good hands. He worked well with the other vendors and his song choices were on point. Our dance floor was full all night and the uplighting looked great. The day went smoothly and he made sure our day was special!

Sent on 10/18/2017

Selective Sound Entertainment's reply:

Thank you for the kind words! We super appreciate you having us be such a large part of your wedding day.

Chelsea · Married on 07/07/2017

One of the smartest decisions I made for my wedding! Selective Sound was highly professional, friendly, accommodating, and kept everyone dancing and entertained until the last song! They even played an encore song upon request as everyone wanted to continue celebrating! Truly grateful for Selective Sound Entertainment and Jay R, and cannot emphasize enough that I highly reccomend them!!!

Sent on 07/13/2017

Selective Sound Entertainment's reply:

So awesome celebrating with you and your family! What a wedding! Thank you for trusting us with such a big day.

Mark · Married on 06/24/2017

Jay R was FANTASTIC! Was a pleasure to work with him!

Sent on 07/12/2017

Selective Sound Entertainment's reply:

Thank you for the opportunity to over deliver. We were very happy to be such a big part of your day!

Colin · Married on 06/01/2017

I recently got married and I hired DJ Patrick for my reception and he went above and beyond what I expected! Me and my wife were very pleased with how well everything went. He was funny but professional, knew what to say at the perfect time and made it a great time for all of my guests. We had a cavs watch party during our reception for game 1 of the finals and even though they lost Patrick kept the energy alive throughout the whole night! I am still getting compliments on our wedding reception a few month later and I truly think DJ Patrick is a big reason for that. 10/10, five stars isn't enough!

Sent on 08/08/2017

Selective Sound Entertainment's reply:

Patrick is still talking about how much fun he had at this wedding! Thanks for having us pack your dance floor from beginning to end!

Brent · Married on 01/07/2017

Jay R was great! Not only is he a pro with music, but he helped us plan the flow of your reception to ensure that the party was always hopping and our guests didn't get bored. He was also very respectful of our more conservative guests and kept music tasteful. Hand down professionals, through and through.

Sent on 02/08/2017

Selective Sound Entertainment's reply:

This was such a fun wedding! So glad you took the chance and had us. We wish you guys the best and thank you for your kind words.

Taylor · Married on 11/05/2016

From beginning to end, Jay R made sure we were taken great care of. His quick replies, his reminders to keep the ball rolling and his recommendations made the planning process so easy. Top notch professionalism. The day of, Jay R and his staff made sure our day was perfect. Our guests had a blast and our tent and surrounding areas were lit up beautifully. What more could you ask for? Our guests are still complimenting on how much fun they had- and we have Jay R and the Selective Sound team to thank for that!

Sent on 02/01/2017

Selective Sound Entertainment's reply:

What an epic time we had! Thank you for your kind words as this was such an amazing reception.

Victoria · Married on 09/18/2016

Selective sound was great! We planned a wedding for my husbands post deployment leave and we only had 6 months notice, then our DJ friend stopped being responsive so we had to find a DJ last minute so it was on relatively short notice. I called around and Jay R was so personable, informative, and responsive. They were really great. He selected Marcus as the DJ and he was awesome! We have an eclectic taste in music so he was able to personalize everything for us and make our day special, not just playing the popular music. We were running late on our timeline on the wedding day and he was understanding and customized everything to fit our needs. We also got uplighting for the venue and it turned out beautiful! We couldn't have asked for a better DJ!

Sent on 09/21/2016

Selective Sound Entertainment's reply:

Victoria, It was great working with you and we are soooo glad we could accommodate you guys! Marcus had a ball and took some amazing pictures of the uplighting! Best wishes to you both.