selaroM Events and Ballroom Reviews

36 | El Paso, TX

36 Reviews for selaroM Events and Ballroom

We were very happy to have booked selaroM for our wedding. Marissa was helpful every step of the way-- very responsive and professional. She helped us throughout the entire process as we had little to no familiarity with the wedding planning process. She recommended us to various vendors too who provided exceptional service. There are various additional charges when booking selaroM, but they are possible to fit into a budget.

The venue itself is gorgeous. The lighting is beautiful, the tables and chairs were exactly what we wanted, and the bar was exceptional. The size of the venue was perfect for our wedding of 250 people.

The day of the wedding all the staff was attentive and professional. We couldn't have asked for a better venue and experience!

Sent on 12/24/2015

selaroM Events and Ballroom's reply:

From all of us, we thank you for celebrating your wedding reception with us. It was our pleasure to get to know you as an engaged couple and finally see you two married. Enjoy being newlyweds! Best wishes.

Anissa · Married on 12/05/2015

Venue set up was beyond my expectations, the catering was delicious, the vendors were excellent. Marissa and her staff provided excellent service as we were all very well taken care of throughout the evening.

Sent on 12/09/2015

selaroM Events and Ballroom's reply:

Anissa, thank you for returning for a second time to celebrate your company's holiday celebration with us. We had a great time celebrating with you and your staff. Wishing you a successful 2016!!

Piere & Denisse · Married on 11/20/2015

Having our wedding at Selarom ballroom was an excellent choice, we were very pleased with the whole experience (from beginning to end). The attention and service provided by Marissa surpassed our expectations. The flexibility of bringing your own alcohol is a definite plus. Ballroom is sleek ,clean , and provides plenty of space for guest and vendors . Over all we loved it

Sent on 12/06/2015

selaroM Events and Ballroom's reply:

Denisse and Peire, thank you for sending us a review. We really appreciate it! Again, congratulations to you and best wishes for many many years of love and happiness!

Maria Elena · Married on 09/12/2015

selaroM is amazing!! we could not have a better venue for our wedding. We started to look for a venue a year and a half before our event. Since the beginning, Marissa helped us with all our concerns, doubts and questions. This was the first wedding for both of our families therefore we did not have a clue where to start. selaroM was more than just a venue, the owner organizes open house events to show case selaroM's preferred vendors. We attended both of them and we practically build our wedding with all businesses that were at the open house. We did research and we end up hiring the preferred vendors of selaroM because their reviews. Our wedding used the hall catering service and all our guests were fascinated with our food. The cake, music, flowers, decor everything was perfect!
    My husband and I recommend selaroM for two main things:

1. Quality
    2. Staff

selaroM has the best quality in everything. The chairs, lights, floor, sound, the entrance everything has a good taste and goes together. We saw other options, but none of them were like our venue.

We received a lot of compliments from our guests about the waiters and waitress. During our event, they were on top of everything letting me and my husband enjoy our night. Another plus is that selaroM is always innovating and improving! Marissa always puts that extra thing that complements the look that you want.

My husband and I highly recommend selaroM

Sent on 12/03/2015

selaroM Events and Ballroom's reply:

To the newlyweds, Mr. and Mrs. Duran, thank you for taking the time to send us a review. We greatly appreciate it! You will always be in our thoughts as the cutest, most loving couple. Congratulations and best wishes!

Sandra · event on: 08/08/2015

Marissa provided valuable and timely support for the overall organization of my daughter's Quinceañera. Her expertise, advise, and guidance was very helpful in making the right choices to ensure a successful event. Her team also provided excellent customer service the day of the event. I was very satisfied with the overall outcome! Thank you so much Marissa!

Best regards,

Sandra Covarrubias

Sent on 08/13/2015

selaroM Events and Ballroom's reply:

Mrs. Covarrubias and Natalia, it was my pleasure to work with you and to be a part of your special day. Thank you for sending us a review. I hope to see you again soon! Be well.
  • Z

Zaira · Married on 07/11/2015

Best decision to have our wedding here. It was perfect!

Sent on 07/15/2015

selaroM Events and Ballroom's reply:

Zaira and Isaac, it was my pleasure to have met you such a beautiful couple. I hope to see you again soon. Congratulations!

Marissa is very helpful and always makes time for her clients the hall is clean and new my wedding was perfect the staff was incredible!! And a lot of my guest plan on using the hall for there future party's as well.

Sent on 07/01/2015

selaroM Events and Ballroom's reply:

Thank you for sending us a review. We are so happy to have been a part of your special day. Best wishes!

Alexandria · Married on 05/30/2015

We held our wedding at Selarom Events and Ballroom and could not be happier with the venue, and service! Marissa and her staff are nothing short of amazing and went over and beyond to make sure that everything ran smoothly. The servers were more than helpful during the set up and the reception itself. All of the staff are professional, courteous and extremely friendly/helpful.
    We recived tons of compliments from our guests about how beautiful and clean the venue is and how everything was orchestrated perfectly from the dinner, to the first dances, cake cutting, bouquet toss, etc. As a result of all the planning and attention to detail of the selarom staff, my husband and I were able to enjoy our reception and not stress about making sure everything ran smoothly.
    Overall- I would definitely recommend! Beautiful venue, excellent catering and amazing service. Thank you!!

Sent on 06/11/2015

Alexandria,

It was our pleasure and we are honored to have been a part of your wedding day! Thank you for the time you took to send us a review. We greatly appreciate it.

We wish you and Marcus a lifetime of happiness, magical moments and love! Be well - Marissa

Maria · Married on 05/23/2015

I was very pleased with the service. Marissa was very proffesional and helpful. Her input and ideas were great. The staff was very proffesional. Marissa made everyting very smooth. Thank you....

Sent on 05/29/2015

selaroM Events and Ballroom's reply:

Thank you Maria! I enjoyed working with you and hope to see and your family again soon. - Marissa
  • User5093450 · event on: 05/09/2015

Great experience, made the process easier

Sent on 05/19/2015

selaroM Events and Ballroom's reply:

Thank you for sending us a review. We greatly appreciate it!

Barbara · event on: 04/24/2015

Marissa was very helpful and went above and beyond to make our event a huge success.

Sent on 05/20/2015

Barbara,
    Thank you for taking the time to send us a review. We hope to see you again next year!

Erika · Married on 04/04/2015

The sevices provided by selarom staff was exceptional. Marisa was not only helpful but very knowledgable. She went above and beyond to make sure that the wedding process went smooth and that all events were on schedule the day of the wedding. The venue was clean and elegant. The bar tenders and staff were always available and very profession.
    All of the preferred vendors for Selarom made the preparation process easy and were reliable. We would highly recommend Selarom for any special event!

Sent on 04/26/2015

selaroM Events and Ballroom's reply:

Erika and Armando, thank you so much for your review. I am so happy for you and your family! Best wishes to you for many years of love and happiness. Be well!

Caitlin · Married on 12/27/2014

People think of weddings to be so stressful. Not at SelaroM. Marissa set up our appointments with the vendors and made everything as easy as possible. We had our wedding and reception at SelaroM and it is a clean and elegant place. I had no stress on the day of the wedding as Marissa organized everything.

Sent on 01/03/2015

Caitlin and Junior,

Thank you for choosing selaroM Events to host your wedding ceremony and reception. Congratulations and best wishes to you!

Tanya · Married on 12/26/2014

I have lived all over Texas and have visited numerous event venues for weddings, so when I was looking for a venue in El Paso (majority of family lives here), I was very very particular. I looked at every single venue you could think of in El Paso that was suitable or a winter, December, wedding. This venue was simple, yet beautiful. It is indoors, but because it is so simple and classy, there are so many ways to decorate as you please. The price makes this venue a great spot for a budget wedding or not. Seriously, I could not have been happier with the place we chose. The coordinator and owner is a fantastic business woman. She is extremely professional, willing to help, quick to respond, and great at what she does. She is serious about running a great establishment, and it shows in all aspects. I really wasn't expecting to be blown away with the services of Selarom all the way through the process until our wedding night, but I was pleasantly surprised. The entire night, the staff was incredible. They were so swift and quick that the place was clean and orderly the entire time. The DJ is really incredible as well. All of our guests danced and he kept the music tasteful and flowing. We received a huge amount of raves from the guests over the DJ; Marissa was right, he is fantastic. We went with the in-house caterer and had a buffet with chicken tenochtitlan as our protein, and it was so delicious. We are still being told by guests that it was the best wedding dinner they had ever had. Mind you, we had about 250 guests. Each plate was just as good as the next. Bartenders were quick and extremely nice. So often you get bad drinks and service at venues, but they were just awesome the entire night. All in all this place was the best venue we could have chosen. Everything went smoothly because of Marissa and all her great staff, and my husband and I had such a great time thanks to them. I would use this venue again in a heart beat for any occasion.

Sent on 02/03/2015

selaroM Events and Ballroom's reply:

Tanya, it means the world to me that you took the time to send this review. I am truely grateful to you for choosing our venue to host your wedding reception. I will remember the "1920's" wedding forever. Best wishes to you and Felipe. -Marissa

Natalia · Married on 12/20/2014

Marissa was lovely and very thorough and professional. The in-house caterer was excellent and the servers were great as well.

Sent on 01/04/2015

Natalia,

Thank you for celebrating your wedding day with us. My best wishes to you and Marco for a lifetime of happiness.

Jose Luis · Married on 09/07/2014

It is definetly the Best location on the west side of the city to have your event at, the service they provide is extremly professional and client/guest oriented,they make sure you and your guest will enjoy and have a memorable event.

Sent on 09/16/2014

selaroM Events and Ballroom's reply:

Thank you Jose for taking the time to send us a review. We greatly appreciated it!

Vanessa · Married on 07/26/2014

Marissa was very helpful, kind, flexible, organized, professional. She was prompt with email returns. The hall was very clean very well kept. Many compliments from family and friends regarding the hall. She helped to keep us on track the night of our wedding. Dj was amazing played everything we wanted. Had our guests dancing the entire night. I look forward to having future events here.

Sent on 12/04/2014

selaroM Events and Ballroom's reply:

Thank you Vanessa. It was truly our pleasure to host your wedding ceremony. We wish you the very best!

Valerie · Married on 07/25/2014

I love the ballroom in all it's aspects, little is needed because the ballroom is beautiful and doesn't need much to have a perfect event!

Sent on 08/12/2014

selaroM Events and Ballroom's reply:

Thank you Valerie for your review. My best wishes to you and Mauricio. I hope to see you and your family again soon.
  • I

Irene · Married on 06/20/2014

The hall is beautiful and to this day I get compliments of how beautiful the venue was. Most of the people who attended had never been there and loved it. Marissa and her staff were very professional and delivered what they promised. It was easy to work out details and how flexible they were.

Sent on 07/16/2014

selaroM Events and Ballroom's reply:

Irene, thank you so much for taking time to send us a review. We wish Allison and Timothy much love and happiness.

• O

Olufunmilola · event on: 03/21/2014

My event turned out to be awesome. The owner went above and beyond to make sure I was satisfied and she was so helpful in every aspect. Whatever she couldn't do or didn't know, she did her best to find someone who could assist me. I wouldn't hesitate to use this space at another time. I am so grateful for the people at Selarom. I have nothing but kind words. If I could break the rating scale I would. They deserve nothing but the best reviews, no exaggeration. Thank you so much for everything!!

Sent on 04/03/2014

selaroM Events and Ballroom's reply:

Thank you Olufunmilola. We appreciate you taking time to send us review. Hope to see you again soon!

Rachel · Married on 03/14/2014

Marissa is such a professional at what she does. The day of my wedding she kindly took it upon herself of managing a few tasks. She goes beyond the extra mile. The reception area is beautiful and all my guests were in awe of how it all came together. I highly recommend SelaroM Events Ballroom. One of the best places in the El Paso area!

Sent on 03/25/2014

selaroM Events and Ballroom's reply:

Rachel and Sergio, thank you so much for your review. Congratulations and much love and happiness to you both!

Anissa · event on: 12/13/2013

This has been the 2nd year I have contracted selaroM Ballroom and Events to host my annual holiday party. i am extremely satisfied with the service. The dinner and dessert were delicious. Marissa was very flexible considering my guests were all arriving after the scheduled dinner time and attended to everyone as they came in. The "casino" was perfect. My employees came in to work today saying that they all had a great time and everythin was perfect.

THANK YOU very much for making my holiday party a memorable one for my employees and myself.

Sent on 12/16/2013

selaroM Events and Ballroom's reply:

Thank you Anissa for taking time out of your day to send us a review. We were so happy to be a part of your celebration. We hope to see you again next year!
  • User3704977 · event on: 11/17/2013

The best venue in El Paso. Staff goes the extra mile to make sure your event perfect!

Sent on 11/27/2013

selaroM Events and Ballroom's reply:

Thank you for the review! We appreciate it.

Erica&Jose · Married on 11/09/2013

Very professional and attention to detail. It was a beautiful hall for a memorable night! Love!

Sent on 11/17/2013

selaroM Events and Ballroom's reply:

Congratulations Erica and Jose! Thank you for your review.

Melissa · Married on 10/26/2013

Our wedding day was so beautiful and went off without any problem. Marissa Morales and her staff are very professional and accommodating. We were guided thru every step of the planning and are so thankful for her experience with event planning.

Sent on 11/05/2013

Melissa and Julio,

Thank you so much for celebrating with us. Congratulations to you both!