Secret Garden Event Center Reviews

102 | Phoenix, AZ

102 Reviews for Secret Garden Event Center

Hannah · Married on 11/20/2015

Words cannot describe how pleased I am with my experience at The Secret Garden! EVERYTHING from the food to the people were top notch!
    The venue is beautiful, they just recently did some construction on the grass so it is so beautiful and green all year long! My wedding in November was BEAUTIFUL, PERFECT WEATHER, clean grounds, and the landscaping made for amazing pictures!
    From the beginning Maggie and Alexis were very helpful in choosing a package that fit the large amount of people that we wanted in the price range we were comfortable with.
    Alexis was EXTREMELY on top of emails and communication. She had answers to all my questions quickly, she helped me a lot when I asked her opinion, and on the wedding day she was STELLAR! I know she busted her but making sure that every DIY project I had got put together! She also kept me updated during the day and didnt stress me out with too many decisions! During the planning she always made you feel like you were her main priority and did everything possible to make sure it was everything you wanted! She was simply everything I could've asked for in a Day of Coordinator, you would be very blessed to have her!

The Food- was SPECTACULAR! I know that usually when you go to weddings, especially with 200 guest, the food ends up being bland and very sub par. Also it usually is not as amazing as the tasting, definitely not the case here! Chef Doug was so fun at the tasting and assured me that everything would be hot fresh and delicious! he didnt lie! EVERYONE of my guest still to this day (2 months later) rave about how great the food was that night. Our food was brought to us first which was very helpful in making it to all 20 of our tables while everyone else was still enjoying!

Everything about my experience was great! Everytime I drive by this place I have the most amazing memories, thank you to ALL of the Secret Garden Crew!

- Love the Gammages ;)

Sent on 01/13/2016

Hannah and Tim,

THANK YOU so so much for the wonderful review! I love that you made sure to include everyone that was a part of your special day! The two of you were so much fun to work with and your friends and family helped make the evening so much more special. I can still hear them chanting "ASU....U of A"!!! Your wedding was one that will not be forgotten. We are happy to be neighbors and welcome you back over anytime; family pictures, another celebration, just to say hi, you know where to find us! Congratulations!

Miranda · Married on 10/22/2015

My husband and I had such a beautiful wedding reception at the Secret Garden. Everything went smoothly thanks to Maggie and the Secret Garden staff. Our guests could not stop talking about how wonderful everything was; food, music, atmosphere. We would like to send a big thank you to the Secret Garden and their Staff for helping make our day special!

Sent on 10/27/2015

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

We had such a fun time working this beautiful wedding reception on a Thursday evening in our Carriage House! The vintage barn setting looked perfect, intimate, and romantic with an outdoor dinner under our beautiful lit Carob Tree. They danced and sang the night away! Thank you for celebrating with Secret Garden!

Marisa · Married on 10/11/2015

My wedding here went without a hitch, it couldn't have been more perfect. The guests couldn't stop talking about the food, the staff was extremely friendly and professional and they kept things moving in both the planning and execution stages. The venue itself is absolutely gorgeous and they handled every detail down to a T. Some of my guests are now looking at using this venue as their own.

Sent on 10/15/2015

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

Marisa and Izaac were a stunning Bride and Groom! Their friends and family helped set the ambiance in gorgeous attire. They had fun dancing the nigh away! We absolutely loved working with this couple. Thank you for choosing Secret Garden and letting us be a part of your special day!

Alicia · Married on 07/04/2015

I LOVED working with The Secret Garden. They were amazing! Cant wait to work with them again!

Sent on 09/17/2015

The Secret Garden is a magical place! It has the vintage Spanish style home surrounded by a beautiful serene garden. It truly takes your breath away. We greatly appreciate all of the assistance in creating our dream wedding. It felt like family every time we stepped foot into the Secret Garden. It will be a place and memory we cherish for a lifetime. I HIGHLY recommend the Secret Garden...Thank you!

Sent on 06/05/2015

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

Thank you for your sincere words! We are truly appreciative of you selecting Secret Garden to host your special day. We loved your company!

Kathy · Married on 05/01/2015

My daughter was married at the Secret Garden on May 1, 2015. The Secret Garden is the most beautiful wedding venue even on a day when it hit 100 degrees. The grounds are gorgeous- the photo opportunities were endless. Alexis, our coordinator was awesome to work with and she attended to every need that anyone in the bridal party had. The owners are gracious and easy to work with and also attentive to your every need. They worked well with all our vendors and it truly was the perfect day for Lauren and David. The mansion was a great place for the bridal party to relax and get ready for the wedding. We had several people working on hair and make-up in the bride's rooms upstairs and there is plenty of space to do all that as well as relax and enjoy food and beverages too. The guys were in the den relaxing on leather couches and getting ready in style as well. That moment when your daughter walks down that grand staircase with her father in front of your family and friends is truly priceless. The reception room is perfect for a large or small party. All the details were appreciated and were noticed. Thank you Secret Garden for helping my daughter and her husband have a magical day!

Sent on 05/08/2015

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

Thank you Kathy for your kind review! We truly appreciate you taking the time and writing your pleasant words. Lauren and David were so much fun to work with. We adored their outgoing personalities. They definitely knew how to host a beautiful ceremony & reception, not to mention thought of some creative signature drinks for the bar! We love getting to be a part of the experience when getting ready for the big day. It was fun seeing all the hair and makeup action going on upstairs and the calm guy time down stairs. Thank you for giving us this wonderful opportunity being a part of their special day!

Natalie · Married on 04/24/2015

Alexis and the Catering Team, Creative Hands, where outstanding! They where super flexible and always where available when needed. Our wedding night was outstanding and I would do it again in a heart beat! The facility looks so much better in person, it is a cute old home and reception all with upgraded details. I loved that it has a ceremony and reception location on site and that we didn't have to worry about transporting everyone to another location. The venue is beautiful that only small unique details where needed to make our wedding feel special.

The cost is right on the money with what you get. Try to go to the wedding expo when they are featured, they always offer special rates.

Sent on 05/08/2015

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

Natalie and Justin were an extreme pleasure to work with! We were lucky enough to not only host their wedding, but to also host their rehearsal dinner in our Carriage House (vintage barn). Although they chose the facility rental, allowing them to bring in all their own vendors, they continued to go through our onsite caterer, Creative Hands Cuisine. Our entire team enjoyed their company. Their Spring wedding was breathtaking, just like the gorgeous couple!

ashley · Married on 04/11/2015

We did an Alice in Wonderland theme this property in April is breathe taking! Everything is in full bloom and so green. The reception hall was the perfect place to dine and dance along with all our other activities!

Sent on 10/18/2015

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

Ashley and Michael's wedding was beyond cute with the Alice and Wonderland theme! For pictures you must check out our Facebook and look at their album! The April wedding had perfect weather and the bride and groom look gorgeous all dressed up! We loved working with a wedding that had a fun theme set to it!

Trixie · Married on 01/18/2015

This was the perfect venue for our wedding! Lots of places to take beautiful pictures. More than enough room for your wedding party to get ready! The ceremony and reception areas were the perfect backdrop for our wedding.

Sent on 01/22/2015

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

The Secret Garden is incomplete with beautiful couples like Matt and Trixie! The two were an absolute pleasure to work with and their eye for design was gorgeous and glamorous! Thank you for letting us be the backdrop to your wedding day!

Sara · Married on 10/25/2014

Venue was beautiful. I loved that we got to bring in our own vendors!

Sent on 01/01/2015

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

The Secret Garden enjoys fitting the vision of everyone's wedding day! Whether you are looking for a package deal or wish to bring in outside vendors of your own, we welcome all those who visit the venue and help make it the best day of your life!

ashley · Married on 09/19/2014

The Secret Garden Venue, and staff offers the most pristine and beautiful wedding venue anywhere! The gardens, candlelit patios and historical fairytale house makes for a wedding one dreams of since childhood. From the planning of the wedding to the intricate details of the ceremony and reception Camille, Doug and the entire staff at The Secret Garden go above any preconceived notions of how a wedding should flow. I could never have chosen a more beautiful place or more beautiful people to partake in my special day as a bride.

Camille, Doug and staff I thank you for all your hard work and heart for what you do!

Ed & Ashley J.
    9/2014

Sent on 01/03/2015

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

Thank you Ed and Ashley for your kind feedback about the venue and team at Secret Garden! We are truly pleased to hear of how we helped make your fairy tale wedding come true. We wish the two of you nothing but the best and hope you are living happily ever after!

Kristie · Married on 06/06/2014

We had our wedding and reception at the secret garden and we loved it! Alexis, their event coordinator, is amazing. She was really good about returning phone calls and emails and answered any questions we had. She made sure everything went smoothly the day of, and took care of any issues that arose. The garden was beautiful and Alexis was amazing!

Sent on 06/13/2014

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

Thank you so much Kristie! You were a pleasure to work with and your wedding was gorgeous!

Casey · Married on 05/17/2014

Alexis was such a pleasure to work with. She was extremely helpful, caring, and hard working.

Sent on 07/02/2014

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

Thanks Casey! Congratulations on your wedding!

Robin · Married on 05/09/2014

I had a Vintage themed wedding, and searched for the perfect venue to have it at. We pulled in through the Iron gates, saw the old house and that was it, done! the search was over. Things were made even better when we saw the beautiful grassy area for the outside ceremony site and realized how quiet it was. We had looked other venues close to major roads as this one is, and you could hear the road noise, not so with this place. Alexis was great about keeping in contact with us through the whole thing and even reminded us about small details we hadn't considered. The day of, everything was fantastic! She kept people on track and made everything run smoothly. She even let me accessorize her with some vintage accessories. My photographers raved about how good the lighting was, and my guests loved the ambiance. this is a hidden jewel!

Sent on 05/19/2014

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

We love our brides! Thank you Robin for seeing the beauty in The Secret Garden that we get to see everyday! :)

Tyler · Married on 05/04/2014

When my husband and I first saw the Secret Garden venue, we fell in love. Not only are the garden and grounds absolutely breathtaking, you can see the love that the owners put into this venue. It is the ideal garden venue, with the perfect added touch of an indoor reception space (a beautiful old Italian villa) right on the premises. We got married in the end of May so running into an air conditioned room after our ceremony made the night much more comfortable.

Nancy and Dave are the owners of the Secret Garden and were very easy to deal with, very easy to reach, and very flexible with our design requests for the venue space. Alexis, the wedding coordinator on site was also very kind and very easy to contact and work with. She took the last minute stress off of our shoulders by contacting all of our vendors before the big day to make sure that everything would fall into place beautifully, which it did.

I highly recommend booking the Secret Garden if you're looking for an outdoor, green, garden wedding. You really do have to visit it to get the full picture. The pictures really cannot capture the beauty of this marvelous place :)

Sent on 06/03/2014

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

The Secret Garden thanks you for your kind review and beautiful words! It was a great day and the Secret Garden could not have been more thankful to be chosen as the venue for the wedding of your dreams! We are so happy to have been a part of the celebration!

Melanie · Married on 04/05/2014

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at Secret Garden and couldn't be happier with our choice and the outcome of our big day. Alexis, our on-site coordinator, was super helpful and was always responsive to any message I sent or question I had. She was great and I loved working with her. The venue looked AMAZING on our big day and people couldn't stop commenting on gorgeous the venue was. The pictures we took during sunset back in the hidden garden turned out beautifully and we couldn't be more happy with everything. Secret Garden is perfect for any wedding and I would highly recommend using them for your event!

Sent on 07/17/2014

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

The Secret Garden thanks you for your kind words! We truly enjoyed being a part of your special day<3

The venue was just gorgeous in and out I would suggest this venue for A spring wedding and summer wedding. My husband and I loved working with Alexis and Dave. We loved the lighting at night. A lot of our guest enjoyed the second patio where the fire place is. Just over al so happy with this venue.

Sent on 04/05/2014

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

Thank you so much! Congratulations!
  • User3891945 · 2+ years ago

Our wedding day was perfect!! Highly recommend the Secret Garden! Gorgeous landscape for our outdoor wedding ceremony and elegant wedding reception! Alexis, our coordinator, was fantastic & attentive to all of our needs! The bridal suite is elegant & feminine - perfect for getting ready! Dave, the owner, is incredibly kind and accommodating! I can't say enough good things about the Secret Garden! Plenty of parking, clean facility, and affordable! We loved the convenience of their all-inclusive packages to help eliminate the stress of finding excellent vendors - we LOVED all recommended vendors!! Thank you Secret Garden for the best day of my life :) <3

Only recommendations are to upgrade their technology to run a slideshow - ours wasn't played during the wedding & not charge $300 an hour to access the bridal suite for our hair and makeup vendor earlier than our designated time venue time. Otherwise - perfect!

Sent on 02/09/2014

We had our wedding at The Secret Garden in December. We cannot speak highly enough of Dave, the owner, and Alexis, the coordonator, or recommend this venue enough. The grounds are stunning, the pictures don't do it justice, but we wont comment on those as they can be seen first hand. We had looked at many venues before finally deciding on Secret Garden. While the venue itself is absoutely stunning, this is not why we chose Secret Garden. We chose it because of the staff.

We had planned almost the entire event while living in different countries, Alexis was absolutely amazing and we could not have had such a wonderful wedding without her. She was extremely accomodating, and even held meetings over skype. She was exceptionally organised throughout the planning, our photographer even commented on how quick she was to make contact. Alexis was very approachable, offered great ideas and kept us organised. She went above and beyond her job (and our expectations!) during the planning period and especially throughout our wedding day.

Dave was wonderful, extremely approchable and exceptionally accomodating. He worked with us and ourlimited budget to ensure we had a wedding that exceeded our expectations.The vendors that we had to choose from were all spectacular and easy to work with.

Our wedding was nearly stress free throughout the planning period and we had a perfect day because of the staff at Secret Garden. Thank you!

Dan and Kristen

Sent on 01/08/2014

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

Dan & Kristen's wedding was a beautiful December wedding! The Secret Garden enjoyed working with this couple and had absolutely no issues with trying to contact them outside of the country. We had fun with our Skype meetings and finally getting the opportunity to meet face to face was even more exciting. Their family and friends seemed to really enjoy the day just as much as the two of them and their kindness was greatly appreciated. We cannot thank you enough for your sincere words and choosing the Secret Garden. We wish you all our best!
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 12/07/2013

Ever since I was a little girl, I always dreamed of having my wedding in a garden. I recently had my wedding here on December 7, 2013. It is by far the most beautiful venue I've ever seen. We went to their Open House and as soon as my fiancé and I stepped out of the car we looked at each other and said this was the place. As we got a tour, we completely fell more in love with it. We both saw ourselves having our wedding at the Secret Garden, we knew right away it was our place. Our coordinator Alexis answered all our questions and she would check in with us every month and as the days got closer. From our final meeting to our rehearsal to the actual day she was super helpful. Our wedding day was the best and most beautiful day of my life. Everything came out perfect and better than I dreamed of. With all our decorations and everything set up it looked even more beautiful! Thank you Alexis and thank you Secret Garden for letting me have my dream wedding.

Sent on 01/19/2014

Andrea · Married on 11/17/2013

I cried when I first saw this venue and knew this was the place I wanted to marry my future husband! The staff was so laid back and so nice. Being only a few people working there it made the experience very personal and gave me the attention I needed. I planned my wedding on my own so having such a helpful corrdinator was very helpful! Alexis was a blessing to me! She was so very professional and truly cared about my experience! We would sit and talk for hours about what i was going through and what I wanted! The day of i was extremely nervous and Alexis made me feel at ease and was always checking on me! The venue was breathtaking inside and out! I got my fairytail wedding! I would do it all over again! Thank You for making my day the most memorable moment of my life!

Sent on 11/26/2013

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

Andrea and Adam's wedding was a fun wedding and one that the Secret Garden definitely had a good time working with! Watching the love between the two of them and seeing their family grow along the planning process was heart touching. There was never a dull moment on their wedding day! Thank you for choosing the Secret Garden and giving us the wonderful opportunity of being a part of your special day!

Veronica · Married on 11/08/2013

Our wedding day was even better than we imagined it to be. We loved the secret garden. The officiant Andrew Cunningham did an excellent job (recommended by the venue ) and Alexis was more than helpful. There were a few glitches and she made everything run so smoothly no one ever knew!!! What a perfect day it was.

Sent on 11/23/2013

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

The Secret Garden appreciates the kinds words shared about Veronica and Ruben's Wedding! Thank you for giving us the opportunity to be a part of your special day! You were truly such a sweet, easy going, and a joy to work with. We wish you all the best!

Mary · Married on 05/25/2013

We had a small wedding at the Secret Garden, and it was absolutely wonderful. The setting and ambiance in the garden is just perfect for an outdoor ceremony, it was quiet and private. We also liked that this venue had so much character on its own that we didn't have to add many decorations to the space to make it look amazing.
    Alexis, our wedding coordinator made planning the event so easy, and was extremely quick at responding to any questions or concerns that we had and kept us on a timeline. The owner, Nancy, coordinated our event the day of and made everything run so smoothly it was absolutely stress free!! She did an excellent job setting up our reception, everything was perfect! She even helped out by getting bubbles for one of our little nephews who was less than happy during the photos...she saved the day with that, he loved it!
    We couldn't be happier with the service we received and the venue itself. We purchased the platinum package, and they truly made our planning stress free and easy!

Sent on 06/11/2013

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

The Secret Garden loved working with this Platinum Bride and Groom. "Less is more" is the perfect description for this wedding. It was a beautiful day well made for the perfect couple to be. The Secret Garden wishes you the best and looks forward to staying in touch. Congratulations!

Lindsay · Married on 03/30/2013

My husband and I could not have been more thrilled with our wedding at the Secret Garden. Not only is it an absolutely beautiful venue hidden in Phoenix AZ the staff are incredible to work with. I always received prompt responses to my questions. On our wedding I literally gave a few directions and the event coordinator, Alexis set up our reception room beautifully. She was amazing and has such a talent for setting up the wedding of your dreams. I would highly recommend the Secret Garden!

Sent on 04/09/2013

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

Lindsay and Ryan's wedding was absolutely gorgeous! The two of them, along with their friends and family were a complete joy to have at the venue. Everyone was so appreciative of everything, thanking myself along with the other staff members of the Secret Garden throughout the event. They were a Platinum Bride and Groom who were able to bring in their own photographer, Jason Hick's Photography, who we absolutely loved having! His pictures go to show the amazing work he is capable of. Thank you Lindsay & Ryan for letting the Secret Garden be a part of your day!

-Alexis Bommarito-Sobey (Secret Garden Event Coordinator)
  • Amber

Amber · Married on 01/19/2013

The Secret Garden was the perfect setting for my ceremony and reception. We enjoyed working with Alexis as our wedding coordinator. She was quick to respond to emails and questions we had over the phone during the planning process. She worked so hard during the event, and the day-of wedding coordinator that I hired and Alexis worked very well together. The Secret Garden allowed me to have my rehearsal on Friday for a Saturday wedding (normally it is on a Thursday), which was great since the majority of the groomsmen were from out of town and could not get there until Friday. Nancy came early to plant new flowers the morning of my wedding, since the cold front had unfortunately killed many of them on the property. Everything was clean and ready for me when I got there. I could not recommend the Secret Garden more!

Sent on 01/28/2013

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

Amber and Alan's wedding was one of the most gorgeous weddings hosted at the Secret Garden. They were a complete joy to work with. The Secret Garden worked tremendously hard to give them the wedding this beautiful couple deserved. We thank you again for the choosing the Secret Garden as your venue and letting us celebrate this special day with you. Congratulations to you both!