Sebastian Photography Reviews

67 | Middletown, CT

67 Reviews for Sebastian Photography

Rachel Rivera · Getting married on 04/11/2020

Best in the business!!!

Sebastian Photography is by far the best in the industry. During our engagement shoot Seb and Phyllis made it a point to put my husband and I at ease when neither of us enjoy being the center of attention. We quickly learned during the shoot how experienced, organized, and attentive they are to detail. They are excellent at capturing the most out of every picture whether it is inside or outside and make it come to life! Phyllis was fantastic in structuring the timeline for our wedding day to make for such a less stressful day allowing us to enjoy each and every moment. Phyllis made it a point to always make sure my make up was always touched up. Seb even assisted my husband and his groomsmen in applying their boutonnieres. All of our family and friends have been so impressed and left in awe with the photos produced by Sebastian Photography. We and our family will be using Sebastian Photography for years to come! Thanks so much again Seb and Phyllis!

Sent on 02/09/2020

Sebastian Photography's reply:

Rachel and Dennis, it was a pleasure working with you both. Your wedding day was perfection! We wish you both a lifetime of happiness!

Heidi · Married on 07/19/2019

Hire them immediately!

From the incredible engagement photo session to the full (and very hot) wedding day, Phyllis and Sebastian were absolutely the best. They take amazing photos—posed and gorgeous candids as well—and made us feel comfortable the entire time. And not only are their photos beautiful, they are lovely people too. Hire them immediately for your wedding. It’ll be by far the best decision you’ll make during the wedding planning process.

Sent on 07/28/2019

Sebastian Photography's reply:

Heidi and Bryan, we absolutely loved working with you both! What an honor it was for us to capture your love. We wish you a lifetime of happiness!

Melissa Sanders · Married on 06/22/2019

Amazing experience

Seb and Phyllis were an amazing team to work with. Over the course of our wedding planning, we met with them several times and also had a complimentary engagement shoot with them. They picked up on our style so quickly and I could not have imagined more perfect wedding pictures that reflected exactly who we are as a couple and that captured all of our favorite memories of the day. They had such a great variety of pictures that showcased all the different aspects of the day, from detail shots of my dress, accessories, and all the wedding decor, to candid shots of our wedding party, family, and friends, to moments of me and my husband capture all the love and happiness we felt. During the planning, they were supportive and helpful and during the day, they would offer us suggestions and drive our schedule forward, yet let us have our moments and were behind the scenes in the best way during the ceremony and receptions. We’ve had a chance to look at the pictures over the last couple of weeks (they got to us much quicker than we had anticipated!) and the quality is amazing. It will be so hard for us to decide which of the many we love to frame on our walls!!!!

Sent on 08/15/2019

Sebastian Photography's reply:

Melissa and Ryan your wedding was perfection! Thank you for allowing us to be a part of it. We wish you a lifetime of happiness.
  • Donna

Donna · Married on 10/27/2018

Wedding WOW

Professionalism plus
    Warm couple, so helpful
    Beautiful, artistic wedding photos while remaining virtually unnoticeable throughout the ceremony and reception
    So easy to work with and meetings in their studio were wonderful.
    Highly recommend, no disappointments at all

Sent on 01/30/2020

Sebastian Photography's reply:

Thank you, Donna. We loved working with you and Steven it was an incredible day and we wish you a lifetime of happiness!
  • Jenna

Jenna Gallant · Married on 08/19/2018

Sebastian Photography

Sebastian & Phyllis are fantastic.. they care about each shot they take. From our engagement photos to our wedding photos - we were never disappointed. Our wedding was on a Sunday morning/afternoon in Newport, RI. They took it upon themselves to visit the venue before the wedding to see how the sun rose where the ceremony would take place and to find where the best spots for photos were. On the wedding day, Phyllis was there for me whenever I needed to retouch my makeup or fix anything. My husband and I felt so comfortable with them through the planning process and while getting our photo taken. They are incredible at what they do, our family will continue to use them for events to come. I can promise you, if you choose Sebastian Photography you will not be disappointed. x

Sent on 10/24/2018

Sebastian Photography's reply:

Jenna and Josh your wedding was a dream and we're so honored to have been part of your special day. Thank you for allowing us to capture your love!

Nicole · Married on 07/28/2018

Sebastian Photography was recommended by our venue (Lake of Isles) and we are so glad we chose them to photograph our wedding- everything they did came out beautiful and we are so happy with our wedding photos! They took a ton of pictures and truly captured every moment of the day. Working with them leading up to the wedding was very easy; they are experienced professionals and were able to help guide me through the planning process. When we booked with them they sent us a welcome box with a wedding photography guidebook that walked us through all the details of engagement photos, day of timeline, first look, etc. We were planning our wedding from afar but Phyllis and team were very communicative via phone and email and I felt like they took the time to get to know us. I highly recommend using them for your engagement photos; that shoot gave us a chance to become comfortable in front of the camera and see what types of photos we liked. On the big day they were efficient and focused on getting all the photos I had asked for during our final consultation but also flexible to accommodate last minute requests. They stayed an extra hour when the reception was running long so we could get all the photos of the events we wanted. We also used them for our photobooth: great set up with tons of fun props and our guests loved it. The best part was they gave us the keepsake book with a copy of every photobooth strip at the end of the night. It was so nice to have that memento right away and to be able to look at the photobooth pics with family at breakfast the next morning. It took about 6 weeks to get our full set of photos from the wedding. The online system that Sebastian uses to view photos is very easy to use and share with family/friends. Overall I can't say enough how happy we are that we chose Sebastian Photography!

Sent on 09/30/2018

Sebastian Photography's reply:

Thank you, Nicole, I'm glad we were able to make your wedding planning easy! Working you both was a pleasure.

Stephanie D · Married on 07/28/2018

Absolutely amazing job capturing my big day!

Thank you, Phyllis, for doing an absolutely amazing job with capturing my big day. You and your assistant were absolutely amazing!!! My brother was even incredibly impressed with your work and we know how critical he can be😜. Phyllis and her assistant gave such good direction on how to pose, ways to let loose and got right in there between the crowds to capture our moment. From the very beginning, Phyllis did everything she could to help make the process go smoothly before, during and after. She was kind, prompt, professional and respectful of my wishes and others. I look forward to seeing the end result of all the amazing photo’s they capture. The sneak peek already was absolutely fabulous!!!

Sent on 12/12/2018

Sebastian Photography's reply:

Stephanie and Jesse, you were a pleasure to work with. Your wedding was a blast. We wish you a lifetime of happiness.

Andrew · Married on 07/21/2018

Great eye for detail

Phyllis and the rest of the team at Sebastian Photography were wonderful to work with. From the start of the process, they were very helpful and willing to work with our schedules. Beginning with our engagement session, we were very impressed with Phyllis and Sebastian's attention to detail and keen eye for beautiful photography. As we moved into more of the specifics for the wedding, Phyllis took great care in helping us create a timeline and list of shots along with offering suggestions for our first look location. Their fantastic images so perfectly capture our big day, and we couldn't be happier with the final product. It is clear that they are seasoned professionals. We would highly recommend them!

Sent on 12/31/2018

Sebastian Photography's reply:

Thank you, Christine! It was a pleasure working with you and Andrew. We wish you a lifetime of happiness.
  • User4127422 · 1+ year ago

The Sebastian couple was wonderful to work with! They are so talented and captured the moment impeccably. I would recommend them to anyone looking for great professional photos.

Sent on 05/26/2014

Sebastian Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words. We absolutely loved working with you both!
  • Gregory

Gregory Hafkin · Married on 06/05/2018

Phyllis and Sebastian are amazing

We are so happy that we hired Phyllis and Sebastian as our wedding photographers. We first met them at our engagement shoot, where they spent several hours walking with us around central New Haven and capturing numerous photos. They work very well as a team and have a good eye for the interplay between human warmth, light, architecture and foliage. We received our engagement pictures soon thereafter and were very happy with the results. In fact, there were so many good ones, we had a hard time choosing which ones to distribute as the official 'engagement photos.' Leading up to our wedding, Phyllis regularly checked in with us to ensure we were all on the same page about the style and types of photos we wanted. On the day of our wedding, we were happy to see that Phyllis and Sebastian were enthusiastic and excited in capturing every facet of our celebration, from the preparation to the ceremony to the reception. They were remarkably patient and thorough in getting through all the photo combinations that we requested on our checklist and walking with us from table to table to capture images with our guests. After we got our photos came the next part: choosing the ones to go into our album. We visited Phyllis in their studio to go over the process, and as we took our time going through the photos and making the selections, Phyllis was very helpful and responsive in working with us. The final albums are beautifully crafted and of very high quality, just as Phyllis had described to us at the beginning of the process. We look forward to reliving the memories of our special day and sharing the photo albums with our loved ones for many years to come. We highly recommend Sebastian Photography!

Sent on 03/21/2020

Sebastian Photography's reply:

Greg and Lisa, it was a pleasure working with you and your family! We're so happy to hear you enjoyed your experience with our studio. We wish you both a lifetime of happiness!

Amanda · Married on 11/04/2017

My husband Andy and I got married on 11/4/17 in Hartford, CT and had our reception at Saint Clements Castle in Portland, CT. We used Sebastian Photography and cannot even begin to express how wonderful Phyllis and Sebastian are to work with and how beautiful their photos are! From the very beginning of the planning process Phyllis was there to help outline our timeline for the day, figure out where our “First Look” was going to happen and make sure all contracts and invoices were organized and on time. They also made sure to collect a shot list from us so they knew exactly what photos we wanted to take on the big day. All of this made for such an amazing and seamless wedding day – Phyllis and Sebastian kept us right on time and totally stress free! Their attention to detail is so great that during photos, if my lipstick was coming off or my hair was getting a little crazy, Phyllis would touch up my lips for me and hairspray my hair down (with spray that she had!). It is things like this that I would never even think of! On top of all this, their photos are absolutely stunning. You can clearly tell that they are experienced photographers with such a natural talent. I am not usually one to like photos of myself but from our engagement session that they did, to the “Sneak Peak” of the wedding photos that we’ve seen, I am in love with them! Andy and I cannot wait to see our entire wedding album! We would absolutely recommend Sebastian Photography to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 11/27/2017

Sebastian Photography's reply:

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! Working with you both was amazing and we are so honored to have been part of your special day. Thank you for allowing us to capture your love!

Jessica · Married on 10/14/2017

I cannot say enough positive things about Phyllis and Sebastian! My husband and I got married in October, and we are absolutely in love with our photos! From the very beginning, we were very impressed with Phyllis’s attention to detail and helpful suggestions. We were planning our wedding from afar, so we knew we wanted a photographer that needed little guidance from us but still captured our wedding day perfectly. Phyllis always provided very helpful suggestions – from recommending venues for getting ready to staging our first look, Phyllis always provided the perfect amount of guidance. On the wedding day, Sebastian and Phyllis were able to follow our timeline almost exactly to plan. They even stayed late when we didn’t quite finish all of the family photos we wanted taken. Their attitude and presence were perfect – they were assertive enough to keep the group moving according to schedule, but flexible enough to allow us to take in every moment without being rushed. And they came prepared – from extra bobby pins, to tissues, and lipstick, they had everything we could have needed. The pictures are absolutely stunning; they are truly a work of art and we cannot wait to look at them and display them for years to come. I would definitely recommend Sebastian, Phyllis, and team!

Sent on 01/08/2018

Sebastian Photography's reply:

Hi, Jess and Matt, we're thrilled to hear you love your wedding gallery and so honored to have been part of your wedding day! Thank you for allowing us to capture your love!

Erik · Married on 09/09/2017

My husband and I were lucky enough to have Sebastian Photography as our wedding photographers, and we are so happy we chose them! We met Phyllis at the Lake of Isles Bridal Show, and from her stunning photos and her winning personality, we decided to go with them! Her photo books were illustrative, and it was exactly what we were looking for. We met with Phyllis for the first time, and discussed our vision for our wedding day. She offered great advice, and began to set up our plan for the day. The package we chose included an engagement session. Phyllis and Seb drove out to Barkhamsted for our photo shoot (which is pretty far and we appreciate their drive!). The pictures from our shoot were stunning! We were able to use many for our Save the Dates, which Phyllis designed for us. They came out gorgeous! The Blog post about our photo shoot was also so thoughtful and personalized. Our families really loved getting to see more of the pictures. Prior to the wedding, we met again to schedule our timeline. Phyllis was so helpful in getting every second in. We were traveling to a few different locations, and Phyllis made sure that everything we were hoping for was accomplished. On the day of the wedding, both Phyllis and Seb were amazing. From the getting ready photos, to our first look, to the ceremony and reception, we knew that our day was being captured exactly how we envisioned it to be. One of the most important aspects to our wedding, for my husband and I, was photography, and after seeing the photos that Phyllis and Seb captured for us, we know we made the right choice! The attention to detail, and small moments captured really reflect how perfect our day was. We completely recommend Sebastian Photography! Their professionalism, talent and vision is truly remarkable.

Sent on 11/27/2017

Emily · Married on 09/03/2017

You can not go wrong with Sebastian Photography. They are very professional, capture beautiful pictures and are very friendly and helpful. They respond quickly with all questions. They took great pictures for our engagement photos and we loved our save the date they created, (and we are not the most comfortable people in front of the camera, but they made us look great). The wedding photos are perfect, and they also created a custom thank you note and album for us. We felt very comfortable with them on the wedding day and they coordinated every picture we wanted very well. I highly recommend them to everyone looking for wedding photographers, you will not regret choosing them! Thank you Phyllis and Sebastian for your help we are very grateful for our pictures which we will always cherish.

Sent on 12/17/2017

Sebastian Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Emily. We absolutely loved working with you and Lenny!

Kim · Married on 08/19/2017

Amazing! Wow!

Phyllis and Sebastian were absolutely wonderful! From the very beginning to even after our wedding. With the stress of a wedding, they made everything easy. They really made it a point to get to know us and tailor everything to our needs and wants. Through the engagement session to the wedding day, they made us feel comfortable in the process. They are so good in what they do. They captured wonderful moments that we will have to cherish for a lifetime. We can't say enough about our experience. They are the best in the business. We now have our photographers for a lifetime! Thank you Phyllis and Sebastian!

Sent on 02/02/2019

Sebastian Photography's reply:

Thank you, Kim, it was a pleasure working with you and Chris. We wish you both a lifetime of happiness!

Samantha · Married on 08/12/2017

Without Sebastian Photography, my wedding would not have been as beautiful as it was. They helped me with decor ideas, including center pieces and flowers, and outfit choices for our engagement shoot. Also Phyllis even did my make up, which was a big stressor lifted. They were more than just photographers and I am so glad I chose Sebastian Photography for my wedding!

Sent on 12/27/2017

Sebastian Photography's reply:

THANK YOU!!! I'm glad we were able to help make your wedding as beautiful as you had envisioned. Working with you both was amazing, thank you for allowing us to be part of your special day!

Lyndsey · Married on 07/09/2017

My husband and I loved working with Sebastian and Phyllis. They both made us feel so comfortable during our engagement/save the date photo session and on our wedding day. The pictures are absolutely stunning and I am so glad that we selected Sebastian Photography to capture our wedding day. Also, our wedding album is beautiful and every time I open it I get to relive that special day. Your wedding day goes by so fast but, the photos and memories will last a lifetime.

Sent on 01/05/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 05/28/2017

If you are looking for not only beautiful a photography service for your wedding but wonderful, kind, and incredibly helpful people look no further than Sebastian Photography. My husband does not enjoy taking pictures and was very apprehensive about our engagement shoot as well as the pictures for the day of the wedding. Phyllis and Seb made us feel so comfortable, giving us guidance and tips to not only get the best pictures but to make us feel so at ease and we wound up having so much fun, forgetting it was a photo shoot. Phyllis was so helpful to me, figuring out a time line for the wedding day, suggesting other vendors and holding on to my lipstick and deodorant the day of the wedding. I spent most of my wedding day with her and could not have been happier with our choice to hire them for our wedding! We had a large wedding party as well as big families with children, and they were able to get us all the pictures we wanted without the forced posing or the wedding party getting cranky and annoyed with the hours of pictures. We bought several large prints from our wedding day and a gorgeous album, not a day goes by I don't look at those gorgeous pictures remembering a truly perfect day.

Sent on 12/22/2017

Sebastian Photography's reply:

THANK YOU!!! Working with you both was amazing, thank you for allowing us to be part of your special day!

Jennifer · Married on 08/27/2016

Phyllis and Sebastian are experts at what they do. Their years of experience and professional relationship create an unparalleled team. One of our biggest concerns was feeling comfortable on our wedding day. We wanted to capture every moment without feeling awkward. We felt that Phyllis and Sebastian were more like friends and worked cohesively with our other vendors and the wedding party. They helped orchestrate transitions from getting ready, to the church, to the beach and finally to our venue. They captured beautiful photos throughout, both candid and posed. Phyllis was prepared with spray, lipgloss etc between as needed and made me feel beautiful. Your pre-wedding questionnaire and meeting to review your wishes and special requests help them understand your vision. They are truly collaborative and work so well together. We look forward to working with them in the future for other events/milestones! We also enjoy following them on social media to see the other beautiful events they've captured!

Sent on 10/06/2017
  • I

Indian · Married on 08/06/2016

Phyllis and Seb (and their office manager, Amelia) are just so lovely. We selected them for our wedding based on their beautiful portfolio online. At our engagement photo session, learned how this couple moved with ease and coordination together behind the cameras. They are so friendly and flexible, too. We were surprised and delighted all along the journey with them, from the time we signed up for a wedding package all the way through to receiving our album a few months after the wedding. The themes of joy and love are magic elements throughout the experience with Sebastian Photography. We are so happy with our wedding weekend photos and the final album. Well worth the price we paid and glad we didn't cut any corners on this part.

Sent on 04/16/2017

Ashley · Married on 06/25/2016

Our experience with Sebastian Photography has been incredible. Phyllis handled all of the business end of things from our first interview to now as we await our proofs. My husband and I could not be happier with the attentiveness we received through this whole process. Our engagement photos are spectacular, and from what we have previewed of our wedding photos, we are incredibly grateful. Day of, Seb and Justine were amazing with directing us with what to do, and even offered their help as the girls were getting ready to leave! We will definitely be using Sebastian Photography in the future, and I highly recommend anyone searching for a photographer to go with them!

Sent on 08/23/2016

Malissa · Married on 06/18/2016

Phyllis & Sebastian are amazing! They are so easy and fun to work with. They will always make sure you feel comfortable and do an excellent job with your engagement, wedding or any shoot for that matter. Their professionalism is unlike any other - prompt with their responses, very creative, and not to mention, very detailed with the pre planning to make sure they capture all your important moments. Our friends who are getting married this year are also using them and we cant wait to work with them again. We are so glad that we have such gorgeous pictures to remember the most important day of our lives and are excited to work with them again in Greece for our one year anniversary shoot! We would 100% percent recommend them and will certainly use them again. Hands down THE best wedding photographers, stay awesome Phyllis & Seb!

Sent on 05/09/2017

Christine · Married on 05/29/2016

Sebastian Photography provided us with an amazing engagement session experience. The husband and wife duo are professional, fun and passionate. You can tell that they love what they do and it showed throughout the engagement session and their photos. My fiancé and I have never done a photo session before but they were able to direct us throughout the whole session. The photos are beautiful and gorgeous. We couldn't ask for better photographers. We highly recommend them!

Sent on 12/13/2015

Carissa · Married on 05/22/2016

Phyllis and Sebastian were absolutely amazing to work with. We could not have asked for a better team to capture our wedding day! They pay attention to each and every detail and don't miss a beat. They made sure to get all the photos we needed as well as so much more. They work so well together and really go above and beyond. They make you feel so confident and comfortable when the photos are being taken. You can see the passion they have for the job shining through as they work. They had complete control of the day and were extremely helpful from start to finish. We can not thank them enough for being part of our special day and definitely recommend their services to others!!!

Sent on 06/06/2016

Laura · Married on 11/14/2015

We were lucky enough to have both Phyllis and Sebastian photograph our wedding. They did such a wonderful job. Not only were the photographs beautiful and creative, Phyllis and Sebastian went above and beyond to help us have a perfect wedding day. Phyllis did everything from helping me get ready to carrying lip gloss for me to touch up my lips! She even helped bustle my gown. Sebastian took great photos of the guys getting ready. Many guests even commented on how friendly and helpful they were. There were so many wonderful photos, we had a tough time selecting photos for our album. Phyllis helped us select just the right photos to tell our story and designed an absolutely beautiful album for us to always remember our special day. We definitely made the right decision selecting Sebastian Photography to capture our day and would highly recommend them.

Sent on 08/06/2016