Sebastian Photography Reviews

Sebastian Photography 3
  • Jenna

Jenna Gallant · Married on 08/19/2018

Sebastian Photography

Sebastian & Phyllis are fantastic.. they care about each shot they take. From our engagement photos to our wedding photos - we were never disappointed. Our wedding was on a Sunday morning/afternoon in Newport, RI. They took it upon themselves to visit the venue before the wedding to see how the sun rose where the ceremony would take place and to find where the best spots for photos were. On the wedding day, Phyllis was there for me whenever I needed to retouch my makeup or fix anything. My husband and I felt so comfortable with them through the planning process and while getting our photo taken. They are incredible at what they do, our family will continue to use them for events to come. I can promise you, if you choose Sebastian Photography you will not be disappointed. x

Sent on 10/25/2018

Sebastian Photography's reply:

Jenna and Josh your wedding was a dream and we're so honored to have been part of your special day. Thank you for allowing us to capture your love!

Nicole · Married on 07/28/2018

Sebastian Photography was recommended by our venue (Lake of Isles) and we are so glad we chose them to photograph our wedding- everything they did came out beautiful and we are so happy with our wedding photos! They took a ton of pictures and truly captured every moment of the day. Working with them leading up to the wedding was very easy; they are experienced professionals and were able to help guide me through the planning process. When we booked with them they sent us a welcome box with a wedding photography guidebook that walked us through all the details of engagement photos, day of timeline, first look, etc. We were planning our wedding from afar but Phyllis and team were very communicative via phone and email and I felt like they took the time to get to know us. I highly recommend using them for your engagement photos; that shoot gave us a chance to become comfortable in front of the camera and see what types of photos we liked. On the big day they were efficient and focused on getting all the photos I had asked for during our final consultation but also flexible to accommodate last minute requests. They stayed an extra hour when the reception was running long so we could get all the photos of the events we wanted. We also used them for our photobooth: great set up with tons of fun props and our guests loved it. The best part was they gave us the keepsake book with a copy of every photobooth strip at the end of the night. It was so nice to have that memento right away and to be able to look at the photobooth pics with family at breakfast the next morning. It took about 6 weeks to get our full set of photos from the wedding. The online system that Sebastian uses to view photos is very easy to use and share with family/friends. Overall I can't say enough how happy we are that we chose Sebastian Photography!

Sent on 09/30/2018

Sebastian Photography's reply:

Thank you, Nicole, I'm glad we were able to make your wedding planning easy! Working you both was a pleasure.
  • User4127422 · Recently married

The Sebastian couple was wonderful to work with! They are so talented and captured the moment impeccably. I would recommend them to anyone looking for great professional photos.

Sent on 05/26/2014

Sebastian Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words. We absolutely loved working with you both!

Amanda · Married on 11/04/2017

My husband Andy and I got married on 11/4/17 in Hartford, CT and had our reception at Saint Clements Castle in Portland, CT. We used Sebastian Photography and cannot even begin to express how wonderful Phyllis and Sebastian are to work with and how beautiful their photos are! From the very beginning of the planning process Phyllis was there to help outline our timeline for the day, figure out where our “First Look” was going to happen and make sure all contracts and invoices were organized and on time. They also made sure to collect a shot list from us so they knew exactly what photos we wanted to take on the big day. All of this made for such an amazing and seamless wedding day – Phyllis and Sebastian kept us right on time and totally stress free! Their attention to detail is so great that during photos, if my lipstick was coming off or my hair was getting a little crazy, Phyllis would touch up my lips for me and hairspray my hair down (with spray that she had!). It is things like this that I would never even think of! On top of all this, their photos are absolutely stunning. You can clearly tell that they are experienced photographers with such a natural talent. I am not usually one to like photos of myself but from our engagement session that they did, to the “Sneak Peak” of the wedding photos that we’ve seen, I am in love with them! Andy and I cannot wait to see our entire wedding album! We would absolutely recommend Sebastian Photography to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 11/27/2017

Sebastian Photography's reply:

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! Working with you both was amazing and we are so honored to have been part of your special day. Thank you for allowing us to capture your love!

Jessica · Married on 10/14/2017

I cannot say enough positive things about Phyllis and Sebastian! My husband and I got married in October, and we are absolutely in love with our photos! From the very beginning, we were very impressed with Phyllis’s attention to detail and helpful suggestions. We were planning our wedding from afar, so we knew we wanted a photographer that needed little guidance from us but still captured our wedding day perfectly. Phyllis always provided very helpful suggestions – from recommending venues for getting ready to staging our first look, Phyllis always provided the perfect amount of guidance. On the wedding day, Sebastian and Phyllis were able to follow our timeline almost exactly to plan. They even stayed late when we didn’t quite finish all of the family photos we wanted taken. Their attitude and presence were perfect – they were assertive enough to keep the group moving according to schedule, but flexible enough to allow us to take in every moment without being rushed. And they came prepared – from extra bobby pins, to tissues, and lipstick, they had everything we could have needed. The pictures are absolutely stunning; they are truly a work of art and we cannot wait to look at them and display them for years to come. I would definitely recommend Sebastian, Phyllis, and team!

Sent on 01/08/2018

Sebastian Photography's reply:

Hi, Jess and Matt, we're thrilled to hear you love your wedding gallery and so honored to have been part of your wedding day! Thank you for allowing us to capture your love!

Erik · Married on 09/09/2017

My husband and I were lucky enough to have Sebastian Photography as our wedding photographers, and we are so happy we chose them! We met Phyllis at the Lake of Isles Bridal Show, and from her stunning photos and her winning personality, we decided to go with them! Her photo books were illustrative, and it was exactly what we were looking for. We met with Phyllis for the first time, and discussed our vision for our wedding day. She offered great advice, and began to set up our plan for the day. The package we chose included an engagement session. Phyllis and Seb drove out to Barkhamsted for our photo shoot (which is pretty far and we appreciate their drive!). The pictures from our shoot were stunning! We were able to use many for our Save the Dates, which Phyllis designed for us. They came out gorgeous! The Blog post about our photo shoot was also so thoughtful and personalized. Our families really loved getting to see more of the pictures. Prior to the wedding, we met again to schedule our timeline. Phyllis was so helpful in getting every second in. We were traveling to a few different locations, and Phyllis made sure that everything we were hoping for was accomplished. On the day of the wedding, both Phyllis and Seb were amazing. From the getting ready photos, to our first look, to the ceremony and reception, we knew that our day was being captured exactly how we envisioned it to be. One of the most important aspects to our wedding, for my husband and I, was photography, and after seeing the photos that Phyllis and Seb captured for us, we know we made the right choice! The attention to detail, and small moments captured really reflect how perfect our day was. We completely recommend Sebastian Photography! Their professionalism, talent and vision is truly remarkable.

Sebastian Photography 4

Emily · Married on 09/03/2017

You can not go wrong with Sebastian Photography. They are very professional, capture beautiful pictures and are very friendly and helpful. They respond quickly with all questions. They took great pictures for our engagement photos and we loved our save the date they created, (and we are not the most comfortable people in front of the camera, but they made us look great). The wedding photos are perfect, and they also created a custom thank you note and album for us. We felt very comfortable with them on the wedding day and they coordinated every picture we wanted very well. I highly recommend them to everyone looking for wedding photographers, you will not regret choosing them! Thank you Phyllis and Sebastian for your help we are very grateful for our pictures which we will always cherish.

Sent on 12/17/2017

Sebastian Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Emily. We absolutely loved working with you and Lenny!

Samantha · Married on 08/12/2017

Without Sebastian Photography, my wedding would not have been as beautiful as it was. They helped me with decor ideas, including center pieces and flowers, and outfit choices for our engagement shoot. Also Phyllis even did my make up, which was a big stressor lifted. They were more than just photographers and I am so glad I chose Sebastian Photography for my wedding!

Sent on 12/27/2017

Sebastian Photography's reply:

THANK YOU!!! I'm glad we were able to help make your wedding as beautiful as you had envisioned. Working with you both was amazing, thank you for allowing us to be part of your special day!

Lyndsey · Married on 07/09/2017

My husband and I loved working with Sebastian and Phyllis. They both made us feel so comfortable during our engagement/save the date photo session and on our wedding day. The pictures are absolutely stunning and I am so glad that we selected Sebastian Photography to capture our wedding day. Also, our wedding album is beautiful and every time I open it I get to relive that special day. Your wedding day goes by so fast but, the photos and memories will last a lifetime.

Elizabeth · Married on 05/28/2017

If you are looking for not only beautiful a photography service for your wedding but wonderful, kind, and incredibly helpful people look no further than Sebastian Photography. My husband does not enjoy taking pictures and was very apprehensive about our engagement shoot as well as the pictures for the day of the wedding. Phyllis and Seb made us feel so comfortable, giving us guidance and tips to not only get the best pictures but to make us feel so at ease and we wound up having so much fun, forgetting it was a photo shoot. Phyllis was so helpful to me, figuring out a time line for the wedding day, suggesting other vendors and holding on to my lipstick and deodorant the day of the wedding. I spent most of my wedding day with her and could not have been happier with our choice to hire them for our wedding! We had a large wedding party as well as big families with children, and they were able to get us all the pictures we wanted without the forced posing or the wedding party getting cranky and annoyed with the hours of pictures. We bought several large prints from our wedding day and a gorgeous album, not a day goes by I don't look at those gorgeous pictures remembering a truly perfect day.

Sent on 12/22/2017

Sebastian Photography's reply:

THANK YOU!!! Working with you both was amazing, thank you for allowing us to be part of your special day!

Jennifer · Married on 08/27/2016

Phyllis and Sebastian are experts at what they do. Their years of experience and professional relationship create an unparalleled team. One of our biggest concerns was feeling comfortable on our wedding day. We wanted to capture every moment without feeling awkward. We felt that Phyllis and Sebastian were more like friends and worked cohesively with our other vendors and the wedding party. They helped orchestrate transitions from getting ready, to the church, to the beach and finally to our venue. They captured beautiful photos throughout, both candid and posed. Phyllis was prepared with spray, lipgloss etc between as needed and made me feel beautiful. Your pre-wedding questionnaire and meeting to review your wishes and special requests help them understand your vision. They are truly collaborative and work so well together. We look forward to working with them in the future for other events/milestones! We also enjoy following them on social media to see the other beautiful events they've captured!

Sebastian Photography 5
    Sebastian Photography 6
  • I

Indian · Married on 08/06/2016

Phyllis and Seb (and their office manager, Amelia) are just so lovely. We selected them for our wedding based on their beautiful portfolio online. At our engagement photo session, learned how this couple moved with ease and coordination together behind the cameras. They are so friendly and flexible, too. We were surprised and delighted all along the journey with them, from the time we signed up for a wedding package all the way through to receiving our album a few months after the wedding. The themes of joy and love are magic elements throughout the experience with Sebastian Photography. We are so happy with our wedding weekend photos and the final album. Well worth the price we paid and glad we didn't cut any corners on this part.

Ashley · Married on 06/25/2016

Our experience with Sebastian Photography has been incredible. Phyllis handled all of the business end of things from our first interview to now as we await our proofs. My husband and I could not be happier with the attentiveness we received through this whole process. Our engagement photos are spectacular, and from what we have previewed of our wedding photos, we are incredibly grateful. Day of, Seb and Justine were amazing with directing us with what to do, and even offered their help as the girls were getting ready to leave! We will definitely be using Sebastian Photography in the future, and I highly recommend anyone searching for a photographer to go with them!

Malissa · Married on 06/18/2016

Phyllis & Sebastian are amazing! They are so easy and fun to work with. They will always make sure you feel comfortable and do an excellent job with your engagement, wedding or any shoot for that matter. Their professionalism is unlike any other - prompt with their responses, very creative, and not to mention, very detailed with the pre planning to make sure they capture all your important moments. Our friends who are getting married this year are also using them and we cant wait to work with them again. We are so glad that we have such gorgeous pictures to remember the most important day of our lives and are excited to work with them again in Greece for our one year anniversary shoot! We would 100% percent recommend them and will certainly use them again. Hands down THE best wedding photographers, stay awesome Phyllis & Seb!

Christine · Married on 05/29/2016

Sebastian Photography provided us with an amazing engagement session experience. The husband and wife duo are professional, fun and passionate. You can tell that they love what they do and it showed throughout the engagement session and their photos. My fiancé and I have never done a photo session before but they were able to direct us throughout the whole session. The photos are beautiful and gorgeous. We couldn't ask for better photographers. We highly recommend them!

Carissa · Married on 05/22/2016

Phyllis and Sebastian were absolutely amazing to work with. We could not have asked for a better team to capture our wedding day! They pay attention to each and every detail and don't miss a beat. They made sure to get all the photos we needed as well as so much more. They work so well together and really go above and beyond. They make you feel so confident and comfortable when the photos are being taken. You can see the passion they have for the job shining through as they work. They had complete control of the day and were extremely helpful from start to finish. We can not thank them enough for being part of our special day and definitely recommend their services to others!!!

Laura · Married on 11/14/2015

We were lucky enough to have both Phyllis and Sebastian photograph our wedding. They did such a wonderful job. Not only were the photographs beautiful and creative, Phyllis and Sebastian went above and beyond to help us have a perfect wedding day. Phyllis did everything from helping me get ready to carrying lip gloss for me to touch up my lips! She even helped bustle my gown. Sebastian took great photos of the guys getting ready. Many guests even commented on how friendly and helpful they were. There were so many wonderful photos, we had a tough time selecting photos for our album. Phyllis helped us select just the right photos to tell our story and designed an absolutely beautiful album for us to always remember our special day. We definitely made the right decision selecting Sebastian Photography to capture our day and would highly recommend them.

• W

Wendy · Married on 10/17/2015

Where to begin? Before there was even an official ring on my finger, we knew that we wanted Sebastian Photography to photograph our wedding day. We were introduced to their work by a friend and fell in love with their high quality of work, beautiful use of colors and attention to detail. Once we had our venue and date set, our first call was to Seb Photo to set a time to meet and to secure them as our photographers for our big day. There are too many good things today, so we need to split this review in to 2 separate reviews, one for our engagement photos and one for the wedding day.

Part 1:
    We had a 2 year engagement, and within those 2 years, we have worked with Phyllis and Sebastian a number of times. They have essentially been our one-stop-shop. About a year in, we had our engagement photos taken. Not knowing the CT area that well, we gave Phyllis and Sebastian an idea of what kind of locations we were looking for and trusted that they would come through with something similar. They found the perfect locations for our shoot and scheduled out the whole day. All we had to do was show up with our outfits and any props we wanted to use! Phyllis did my makeup the day of the shoot (she is multi-talented) and offered me some extra accessories that she had laid out for me to borrow if I wanted to. We had one large, out of the ordinary prop that we wanted to incorporate into our photos, Michael's car. I was a little worried about this turning our engagement shoot into a car shoot, but Phyllis and Sebastian took this as a challenge and came up with some great ways to work the car into the day without it taking over. In the end, all of our engagement photos turned out beautifully, and some of our favorites even include the car! We used some of the photos for our Save the Dates, which Sebastian Photo helped design and produce for us. They came out amazing and made us so excited to see our future wedding photos.

Michael · Married on 10/17/2015

Part 2 to Wendy's review:
    Knowing that we could trust our photographers 100% gave us one less thing to stress about. We knew that they would capture everything that we had asked for, including some special detail shots. Our venue is known for its gorgeous foyer and staircase. We thought it might be cool to get a shot of my dressing hanging from the top of the stairs, but we weren't sure if we would be allowed. In the middle of all of the rush on the actual day, Phyllis found the perfect time to make that shot happen, and the idea amazed even the people that worked there. Phyllis and Seb were amazing to work with the whole day. They helped keep us on track and stay organized to make sure we got the shots we wanted in the little time that we had. Our guests cannot stop complementing the amazing job that Phyllis and Seb did and how great they were the entire night. And that was before they even saw the finished photos! Fast forward to now, and we recently received our photos. They are beyond amazing! We need to pick some to put into our wedding album and don’t know how we are going to choose! We love them all so much! Phyllis and Seb captured our entire wedding day perfectly. They absolutely exceeded our expectations. They are true professionals that have eyes for detail and minds for creative ideas. We can't thank them enough for the beautiful job they did capturing our special day.

Judith · Married on 10/12/2015

This is the third wedding that we have used the services of Sebastian Photography and each one has been beautifully captured by these photographers. They are extremely professional, yet warm and friendly, very much behind the scenes but still manage to photograph the big and small moments of the entire day. We gave a list of family shots that were important for us to have and each one was taken. This is no small feat to gather folks for photos once the partying begins, yet somehow this was accomplished without interfering with the celebration. The price of their services is on point and the quality of the finished product is exquisite. You absolutely cannot go wrong with Sebastian Photography and after large three weddings, I give them my strongest recommendation to couples who want every moment of their beautiful day captured on film so they can relive the day.

Sebastian Photography captured every special day. We were beyond impressed with our photos, album and our experience with Sebastian Photography!

Michelle · Married on 08/08/2015

Sebastian and his wife, Phyllis (who I conducted all the business with) were a very cute married couple who worked very well together. I loved their photos from the first time I looked at their website and I knew they would do a great job capturing my wedding. We have only seen a preview but the photos are beautiful and I will always cherish them.
    Sebastian and Phyllis were very good at communicating with each other and then guiding my bridal party into the correct places. We had a large bridal party with lots of children. Sebastian spent a lot of time getting the little ones to smile and look at the camera, which was greatly appreciated. Phyllis was constantly checking my makeup and jewelry, which I greatly appreciated all day long!
    The cost was higher than some other photographers but I still gave them 5 stars for value because the pictures are gorgeous, you do not want to skimp on your wedding photographs.

Ashley · Married on 07/24/2015

Phyllis and Seb were outstanding to work with from start to finish. Upon our initial phone conference ( one of many) Phyllis gave me all the important information that I needed to make an informed decision regarding our wedding photographers. Phyllis and Seb also were available to answer questions throughout the planning process in a very timely manner. We were unable to meet before our special day due to my very hectic schedule. However, on the day of our wedding it was like we had known Phyllis and Seb forever. They blended in with our family and friends and were extremely professional. Our wedding photographs capture the elegance of our wedding day and all the important moments that we will forever cherish. The photographs are exquisite and every time I share with family and friends they say, " Who was your photographer?" My husband and I would highly recommend Sebastian Photography.

Lindsay · Married on 06/06/2015

Sebastian and Phyllis are an amazing team!! They are true artists when it comes to capturing such wonderful moments. They take time to get to know you and make you feel very comfortable. It's as if you are in a celebrity photo shoot!! We could not be any happier with our entire experience!!

Elizabeth · Married on 05/16/2015

I don't even know where to begin, this was probably one of the best wedding decisions we made to select Sebastian Photography for our wedding. Starting from our first meeting, to the engagement photos and throughout the planning process - Phyllis and Sebastian were absolutely wonderful to work with. They are so talented and have a wonderful eye for capturing the most beautiful photos. My husband and I were definitely not used to being photographed, but they made you so comfortable and have fun with it all - definitely was a help doing the engagement photos as it put you more at ease before the big day! They are 100% worth every penny and then some! If you are looking for a professional and established photographer who takes the most gorgeous and artistic shots, while having fun at the same time - Sebastian Photography is the way to go!!