Seasonal Celebrations Reviews

42 | Belmont, CA

42 Reviews for Seasonal Celebrations

JuliAnna · Married on 11/12/2016

Laurie is so talented, thorough, and amazing to work with! I found Seasonal Celebrations from Yelp after researching 10 florist (some referrals, some just from Yelp). At the time Flowers weren’t a priority to me and I remember feeling overwhelmed with the amount of questions florist were asking me. Some florist were impatient that I didn’t know exactly what I wanted. We started to make in person consultation appointments and Laurie was the first of 4 we had set up for the week. When we met I liked that Laurie was super relaxed, we had more of a conversation than solid hour of Q&A. We talked about important aspects of the wedding, color scheme, what my dress looked like, what the venue and tables looked like. The only thing I knew I wanted was for the flowers to be white and blush colored. Laurie gave us floral books to look at and asked me to show her ones I liked and didn’t like (which was fun). We had homemade risers for the centerpieces and weren’t sure if it would be possible to use them, but Laurie took it as a challenge and came up with a quick solution. She worked with our budget, explained how the pricing was broken down in detail. We felt comfortable and trusted her and when we left I ended up canceling the other florist appointments. Laurie really helped us make decisions on our flowers Our colors were rose gold and white, which ended up being a bit of a challenge when it came to matching metals. The church pew holders came with a base that was either silver or gold. We told Laurie that we would do gold, but Laurie offered to paint the 16 pew holders rose gold herself, which she did and they looked great! Can’t believe she did that for us! It was obvious Laurie really cared about making every detail perfect. When it came to packaging the bouquets and boutonnieres she really cared that she had everyone’s name and the correct spelling, which seems like a silly detail, but it depicts her level of thoughtfulness with her clients. I changed our contract at leas

Jalina · Married on 10/10/2015

Hire Laurie, she is an amazing florist! You will never need to stress over the quality of her flowers because she uses only the best. She is extremely professional, well organized and 100% reliable. She creates such masterpieces and she will work within a budget you provide. I hired Laurie for my wedding and guests are still raving about her wonderful work. Thanks Laurie for everything! Jalina

Katie · Married on 08/22/2015

Laurie was absolutely wonderful. My mom and I were constantly thinking about more and more ideas that we wanted and Laurie just kept hearing us out and working through all our visions. She is very patient and has a lot of knowledge and passion that really makes her work something special. I am so appreciative of everything she did for my day. She goes above and beyond, she is not simply a florist and she brings customer service to a whole new level. While her pricing is on the higher end, she is definitely worth every penny. I would undoubtedly hire her again!

• User5332075 · 2+ years ago

I was literally losing sleep... until I found Laurie at Seasonal Celebrations 4 weeks before my wedding. I had gotten outrageous estimates on simple floral decorations and was trying to manage DIY flowers when I realized I just needed an expert. I emailed Laurie late one Sunday and we spoke the next day. I explained that we had a small budget for flowers and were also looking for simple and low maintenance. From the moment I first spoke with Laurie, the process became painless and fun - which I didn't think was possible. Laurie was available on our wedding date and immediately jumped into "let's do this" mode. She requested information - she scrolled my Pinterest boards and gathered fine details of our venue (like how long and wide the tables were). She worked with photos of my dress, the colors of the bridal party and the vision we had for the event. Within the week, she had sent us an estimate and a detailed blueprint of her vision for centerpieces. She offered to rent us items to keep the cost down. We made an appt (she made herself available on a holiday weekend). She reached out to the venue herself to find out the measurements of the burlap table runners they were going to rent us and informed us that she could purchase burlap for us as that would fit the tables better and cost way less. That's the kind of thoughtful, passionate professional she is - she goes above and beyond to visualize the event and find ways to make it work within your constraints. I couldn't have been happier with the floral pieces and the amazing service Laurie provided. She brought her own ladder to hang decorations (knowing the venue would not provide). She thinks of everything. I was thrilled to learn that she had even managed to incorporate a special request of mine into the arrangements - fresh mint! She listened to what we wanted and her talents for creative design really showed. I recommend Seasonal Celebrations - she will get the job done and give you priceless peace of mind.

Joan · Married on 05/16/2015

Laurie is AMAZING! I honestly do not have enough good things to say about her. We had her do the flowers for our wedding and they turned out so incredibly beautiful! She was so creative and helpful throughout the planning process. She was actually the only florist we even contacted! As soon as I met her I knew she would be great to work with. She had incredible ideas and I basically gave her complete control. All I had to do was tell her some things I liked, and she turned my preferences into my dream bouquet! She also came up with a wonderful idea for our centerpieces. Laurie was super awesome bouncing ideas off of! She was also extremely helpful on the day of our wedding, even helping out my family with some of the set-up of our other decorations. So above and beyond!

She was such a pleasure to work with her and I highly recommend Seasonal Celebrations. Thank you Laurie for helping make our wedding perfect!

Theadora · Married on 04/25/2015

Where do I begin?

Laurie is an absolute rock star.
    She was a refreshing personality to work with. She was very professional and very honest.

When we first began to work on my wedding plans she was truthful and told me what it would take to be able to work within my budget. We worked and reworked plans until they were absolutely perfect and right for my wedding and for my budget.

She continuously went out of her way to offer me help when wedding plans weren't going as we had anticipated.

She was very knowledgable about all things wedding! I had bridesmaid dress issues, venue troubles, hair troubles, and she offered sound advice on how to get through every single situation. I absolutely appreciated her welcoming and comforting attitude.

Laurie was a definite pleasure to work with and she gives a great hug. As brides we need that to keep calm!

I would recommend anyone to Laurie.
    She did a fabulous job.

Cristophi · Married on 03/21/2015

Laurie with Seasonal Celebrations was fantastic to work with! We just got married in March and she selected gorgeous flowers for our arrangements. She really took the time to get a sense of our taste and our wedding theme and she had great ideas on how to handle different wedding layouts, letting her creativity shine. She also has a fantastic conception of how flowers look in portraits. Along with everything else, she worked within our budget and really made our wedding day beautiful. I would definitely recommend Laurie with Seasonal Celebrations to anyone in need of floral awesomeness!

A.J. · Married on 12/13/2014

Laurie and her husband are an AMAZING duo!

My partner, now husband, and I married in December. We visited Laurie on a whim because we wanted crystal trees for our winter wedding and our original vendor (who shall remain nameless) didn't end up following through with her contract. And instead of getting artificial, crystal trees, Laurie was able to take that idea and created these 5'-6' manzanita trees that had tastefully draped crystals and brought our vision to a whole different level. The amount of detail and time she took on our event was unparalleled that not only were our guests continuing to comment on our centerpieces, but even I had issues not wanting to stare. It was almost like a bug dazed by the light right before it got zapped.

I highly recommend Seasonal Celebrations. To echo a few other reviews, they are timely, reliable, professional, and most importantly, think of you as family and what's best for your event. We can't thank them enough and can't help but be grateful on how things worked out.

Jinjin · Married on 11/13/2014

Here are some of the great things about Laurie:

1. She is super patient. I spent a good three hours consulting with her first, my fiancé and I met with her again, spent another three hours before we finally made our decision. She was very patient throughout, making sure all of our concerns were well taken care of.

2. She is very knowledgable, with flowers and beyond. We literally went through every single flower of my color theme (she has those handy booklets) and she could answer any question I might have. Also, for millions of other small questions I had on wedding, she is willing to give advice or brainstorm with you, which was very helpful if you did not hire a wedding coordinator.

3. She is very professional. Everything discussed during the meeting she would take notes and remember them the next time, I never had to mention anything twice.

4. She is very detail oriented. Little things such as the material to wrap flowers with, the color of the pins, the names of who each bouquet or boutonnière belongs to, she would ask for my preference and clearly label everything for me. She even sent an email to me the day before my wedding, telling me it might rain the next day and don't forget to have someone wipe the chairs for guests.

5. She gets your taste. She understands that every person has their own taste and as you flip through pictures, making small comments on things and show her some of the pictures you like, she understands. I couldn't say enough how pretty and perfect the resulting products turned out to be.

Amber · Married on 08/30/2014

Laurie is the best!!! She not only did all my beautiful flowers arrangements, she also stepped up to be my day of coordinator and took care of EVERYTHING for me. She was a blessing to have do my wedding as it was stress free for me. Anything I needed Laurie was there. The arrangements turned out better than I have ever imagined and looked stunning. All the time she put in to make my vision was exceptional. She does awesome work and take pride in making sure everything is exactly how you want. Thank you Laurie for making my special day all the more special! XOXO

Ashley · Married on 07/26/2014

Laurie knows what she is doing! I came in with a vision but not knowing what to do about decor. She set me at ease with her expansive knowledge of weddings and especially Long Branch Saloon & Farms in Half Moon Bay where we got married. Somehow she was able to get everything I had in my head out on the tables! The bouquets & boutonnières were simple with just babies breath, but Laurie got THE BEST babies breath I have ever seen. So big and full and beautiful. She also doesn't let anything go to waste! She had extra small roses and added them to our men's boutonnières and they looked PERFECT! I would definitely recommend Laurie to a friend...in fact...I have already passed her information on to two of my almost bride friends! Can't go wrong with seasonal celebrations!!

BOMY · Married on 07/26/2014

My husband and I had the pleasure of working with Laurie Keit of Seasonal Celebrations. It was one of the BEST decisions we made in our wedding planning! Laurie provided excellent service from start to finish. We absolutely loved the beautiful flower arrangements for our wedding and reception. She was very responsive, a great communicator and provided sound advice without ever being pushy. Laurie had a clear understanding of our vision and personal preferences and worked within our budget to maximize the overall results. Her thoroughness, great attention to detail, professionalism and special touch really added the magical factor to our reception decor. We definitely recommend Seasonal Celebrations to any engaged couple in the Bay Area! Thank you, Laurie!

Laura · Married on 06/21/2014

I would give Laurie more stars if I could!
    She was our first stop on our search for a florist, and the last!
    She is not only an amazing professional, she is super fun to work with. She educated us and worked with us to get the most out of our limited budget and I have to say, she is a genius! She didn't limit herself or stick to tried and true themes, she was creative and resourceful. She gave us tons of useful ideas and helped us come up with our theme. On that note, I admire her patience because I am possible the most indecisive person in general, imagine me planning a wedding on my own!
    She always kept in touch, reminded me of the important dates and facts (which she shouldn't have but is much appreciated since I was nutcase the month before the big day!)
    Now about the flowers, I can't begin to describe how absolutely perfect everything was. I got asked more than once if my flowers were fake because they were so absolutely perfect!
    I went with a simple, rustic/minimalist/elegant theme with mostly white, green and touches of blush pink here and there.
    I will be uploading pictures soon, in the meantime, go see her and enjoy the pleasure of working with her!

Evelyn · Married on 11/18/2013

I highly recommend Laurie for wedding flowers and bouquet. She made excellent choices of flowers and colors. I love my bouquet and it really made my wedding day special. My husband was also very impressed by her service and attention to details.

My husband and I got married in November 2013 and I'm ashamed for having not written this review sooner because Laurie was awesome. Out of all of the florists we had gone to, she was the ONLY ONE who took us into the back work area and literally put together a centerpiece with some spare flowers so we could see exactly what it would look like on the table. I was so determined to have them look a certain way but when I saw what she had put together I realized I knew absolutely nothing about flowers! Laurie is so encouraging and knows just how to gently steer you in the right direction, making sure that everything looks beautiful while still maintaining your vision. She's very knowledgeable, patient and most importantly, detail oriented. From the different shades of the flowers chosen down to the type of pin placed in the bouquet, she covers everything. On top of that, Laurie was able to work within our tight budget. She understood that we didn't have a lot of money so she showed us different options on how to reuse flowers from the ceremony and incorporate them into the reception.

Everything turned out perfect on our wedding day. The flowers were exactly what I wanted, especially my bouquet: clean, white, romantic. Also there were literally no flowers leftover at the end of the night, everyone took them home! I can't recommend Laurie enough. She does amazing work!

Krystal · Married on 11/02/2013

I can't say enough about Laurie at Seasonal Celebrations. I would of been lost without her and Alec's help for my wedding. Not only does Laurie bring a new and interesting perspective on floral design, but she goes above and beyond the call of duty in the florist world.

If your in need of an amazing florist who will make your ideas become reality, then Seasonal Celebrations is for you!!!!!

She even works well with any four legged family member.....

Nathalie · Married on 10/12/2013

Seasonal Celebrations is fantastic! Laurie was a great pleasure to work with, and our flowers came out beautifully. From meeting her at her location where she whipped us together a mock-up table on the fly, to day-of delivery and set-up, she was a godsend.

Everything came out exactly to specification, and Laurie was totally open to our ideas and quirky wishes (like to have a wooden pad that we made ourselves integrated into the centerpiece). She was also open and candid about what she thought and didn't hesitate to lay down some solid and very much needed advice. I really can't believe how beautiful everything came out, especially the centerpieces and the arch topper. So gorgeous.

Perhaps best of all, although we were intending to do our own pick-up and set-up, she made room in her schedule to fill in when our helpers cancelled. If I could go back in time I would have hired her to do set-up and delivery from the very beginning and spared myself the stress and hassle. You should, too! Save yourself the hair you'll pull out when random mishaps occur. Hire her for the whole shebang!

• Kirsten

Kirsten · Married on 09/21/2013

Laurie. Is. Incredible. She did the flowers for our wedding at Sova Gardens in Sebastopol. She set them up for a friend to pick up and transport and it worked beautifully. We met a couple times before the wedding and Laurie went out of her way to understand my vision for the wedding. She interfaced well with me, my mom, our wedding planner and my maid of honor, while making sure to keep my ultimate vision in mind. She was prompt in communicating and was very supportive. She was extremely generous in making her flowers fit my budget and went above and beyond what we expected. And of course, the flowers were STUNNING.

Stephanie · Married on 08/25/2013

I love Laurie! She did all the floral arrangements for my wedding and it was everything I envisioned and more. Laurie is super passionate about what she does and you can see it through her work. I had glass globes filled with flowers for my outdoor wedding and Laurie surprised me and my husband by putting lights in them so they would light up at night. They were soooo beautiful and my guests could not stop talking about them. She definitely puts special touches to everything that she does and goes above and beyond.

From the time I reached out to Laurie, to my wedding day, she was super easy and fun to work with. She always responded quickly to all my questions and concerns and was willing to work within my budget, my vision and spent the time to go over everything with me. Laurie is an expert at what she does and I would love to work with her again on future events.

Laurie is a master at creating the perfect floral arrangements. All of the bouquets, boutonnières, and wristlets were more beautiful than we could have asked for. She definitely puts her heart into everything she does and makes sure you are completely happy. I would highly recommend Laurie for any of your floral needs.

Laurie did the flowers for our wedding, and I could not have been more thrilled with her work. We had a very limited budget, and she worked with us to create the most beautiful splash of color without ever making us feel guilty that we could not spend more! She also came up with a fantastic suggestion--my Grandma in Michigan could not join us for the wedding, so she gave me the idea of sending her a corsage in our wedding colors, so she could still feel like she was part of the day. It actually made my Grandma cry, and it was an incredible precious moment for my husband and me. She is inventive, kind, and really easy to talk to--I highly recommend her.

Maggie · Married on 05/11/2013

Laurie just did the floral design for my wedding in Half Moon Bay, and honestly couldn't be more thrilled. The flowers and centerpieces were just stunning, and Laurie couldn't be a more collaborative and creative person to work with. She's absolutely full of ideas, and even months before your event she thinking about every little detail and picking your brain for ways to surprise you. I didn't really know what I wanted when I went in to talk to her, but I did know the vibe I wanted and the colors. What I got was beyond what I ever imagined, incredible arrangements where everywhere you looked and they were each interesting and distinct, but together fit our theme and venue perfectly. It honestly couldn't have been better. She went above and beyond.

She's incredibly knowledgeable about florals and their seasonality. I know she's always working on many events at once but I felt like I was the most important client in the world when working with her. She's incredibly hands on, and was happy to incorporate all the weird random ideas and nicknacks I would bring to her.

Ok, wrapping it up. Go with Seasonal Celebrations for your wedding or any event, really. You'll be blown away.

Perrisa · Married on 05/04/2013

Laurie did the flowers for my wedding at the Regency Center in San Francisco. With a very dramatic room and space, we needed flowers that would complement the stunning/glamorous place we were getting married in. Laurie did just that, and MUCH more!

I cannot express how easy and WONDERFUL it was to work with Laurie, she is truly a blessing in the chaotic time that is known as wedding planning. I was not the bride that had envisioned my wedding since I was 5 years old, therefore I didn’t have this huge vision that I wanted to be executed – I wanted to help me with putting something GORGEOUS together based on my likes and dislikes. Laurie did that for me.

Laurie is super creative, patient, dedicated, hard working and a lovely person to work with. I right away hit it off with Laurie and knew on my first visit that I wanted her to take care of my floral needs for our wedding. My mother met her after a few visits as well, and loved her too (but I was not surprised). Laurie is really flexible and willing to work with you within your budget. I never felt that she was trying to up sell me and get me to go outside of the budget I was comfortable with – in fact she gave me various options which made me see how much she wanted to cater to our wants and needs.

My last thought for this post is that I NEVER imagined I would be obsessed with my bridal bouquet, but I FELL IN LOVE with it! I caught myself staring at the bouquet throughout the day, and even wishing I could dip it in wax to preserve the entire thing. The flowers were stunning and the bouquet was so romantic and elegant (the look I was going for).

In closing I would love to give Laurie a 6 if I could, but 5 will have to do!  Thank you so much for all you did to help make our wedding flowers such a gorgeous success. We look forward to working with you in the future for other events.

Carolyn · Married on 11/18/2012

Amazing....that is what Seasonal Celebrations is. Laurie was so great. We changed the event from outside to inside and she made outside come inside. It was a magical atmosphere, all created by Seasonal Celebrations. People kept saying it was the "most beautiful wedding ever".

Katty · Married on 07/14/2012

Laurie was recomended to us from the manager of our wedding venue. She is very professional, organized, and has a good eye for detail. She was also very accommodating and experienced at her craft. we had a very good experince with her and would recommended her without reservation for weddings or other events.