Searles School and Chapel Reviews

5 | Windham, NH

5 Reviews for Searles School and Chapel

jen · Married on 10/11/2015

We were married in the Searles Chapel, and we are so happy with our choice! Donna (Chapel Coordinator) is the nicest person, and she helped us every step of the way. The Chapel is beautiful, and majestic, and has so much character.
    The best part of the experience for me, was that I was able to get married in a religious institution, without jumping through all of the religious hoops. We also had the entire Chapel to ourselves, which made it that much more special.
    I highly recommend Searles Chapel. You have to check it out in person!

Sent on 12/02/2015

Karen · Married on 11/15/2014

We were looking for a quaint and romantic chapel to have our wedding ceremony, and we found it in Searles Chapel in Windham. It is rustic and warm, a lovely antique building with a lot of history and character. Donna Markham is wonderful to work with. You will like her immediately once you meet her. She was there on our special day to be sure that everything ran smoothly and even took some some great photos of us. We cherish our wedding day at Searles, and thank you Donna so very much!

Sent on 11/25/2014

David · Married on 10/05/2014

My partner & I had a truly amazing wedding at The Searles School & Chapel. The pride the committee takes in this gem and its restoration is quite evident when they tour the building with you all the way up to the bell tower! We opted for a smaller wedding of approximately 70 guests to include our ceremony and reception. We had an elegant Sunday Brunch reception with a mimosa bar and a harpist to fill those high ceilings with wonderful music. We have received nothing but rave reviews from our guests on what a wonderful experience they had and what a perfect place this is! The newly landscaped property was charming for our photo taking! You must consider this venue if you're looking for character, charm and wonderful natural lighting for your pictures! I cannot say enough about this place!

Sent on 10/10/2014

We recently had our wedding of 150 at the Searles School and Chapel and it was wonderful. We were looking for an affordable option that would allow us to use our own vendors and provide our own alcohol to save on money and the chapel was the perfect fit. We had our ceremony in the school room (which was able to seat all of our guests) and then had our reception in a rented tent in the back of the facility. Donna from Searles was extremely helpful during the planning process and was available to meet us at the chapel multiple times to review logistics and discuss options. She was extremely flexible in allowing us time to setup before the event and was accommodating for our rehearsal as well. We were able to use the baby grand piano in the school room for pictures and during the ceremony, the chapel bells also rang after we were married (which was such a classic touch). We did run into a few mishaps with the toilets and fire alarms during the reception only due to the age of the building (and the fact that it is on septic). The fire alarm went off due to the steam caused by the caterer poaching salmon - Searles facilities were unable to shut it off but no one seemed to mind. I have absolutely no complaints about our wedding and would highly recommend Searles School and Chapel as an affordable, beautiful and accommodating facility! It was a pleasure to have our wedding there!

Sent on 10/10/2013

Sarah · Married on 10/07/2017

4.2

I fell in love with Searles Chapel as soon as I saw it! This is an ideal venue for a small wedding (we had 50 guests). I loved the history and architecture of the building – all the woodwork and stained glass windows. If you are a bride who must have perfection, this is not for you. It has character and charm, and since it’s a town-owned building, updates are continuous, but slower than a private venue. We rented both rooms in the venue – one for the ceremony and one for the reception. Plus, there is a bell tower and with Donna’s help, we hired a gentleman in town who knew how to play them – it was perfect to have the bells ring after our ceremony! Donna also gave us a list of vendors who have worked at Searles Chapel before – which was a great way to start our search, since we didn’t know where to start. Also, I’d recommend going to the Searles Chapel wedding fair in the spring – we met some of our vendors there, too! I truly loved this venue for our October 2017 wedding, and I’m surprised it’s not used more often. Check it out!

Sent on 10/31/2017