Search Party Reviews

42 | Boston, MA

42 Reviews for Search Party

Emma · Married on 08/16/2015

Search Party was amazing. We had a lot of problems (not related to them) in the months leading up to our wedding and Charlie and the band were kind and accommodating about everything. Perhaps more importantly, they were AMAZING at the wedding. I think every guest came up to me or my husband or our parents to say this was the best band they had ever seen at a wedding. Everyone was on the dance floor until the very end of the night, which was exactly what we wanted. They played the best version of Shout that I have ever heard. I cannot recommend them enough!

Sent on 09/30/2015

Katie · Married on 08/02/2015

These guys are absolutely incredible! My husband and I can both say without hesitation that Search Party was the easiest, least stressful decision we made for our wedding. We went to see a couple of showcases in Boston but weren't totally impressed with any of the bands that we saw, and ultimately signed on with Search Party without having seen them in person based only on their YouTube videos and other recommendations. We are SO glad we went with Search Party.

We met with Charlie the week before the wedding and we still hadn't figured out the mother-son dance song. Charlie suggested starting with a slower song and then switching to a faster song (that had a special meaning for my husband and his mother) -- this was the best suggestion ever! They started the party with "Jump in the Line" and with that, the entire dance floor was full for the whole set. They never even took a break. These guys are incredible musicians, and the vocalists are unreal. They played every song we requested, and my husband was especially impressed with the Dave Matthews Band instrumentals. There were several musicians in our crowd and they all agreed that there were times they stopped dancing just to watch the musicians.

In addition to just kicking ass the whole time, Search Party played a Queen song for our first dance, modified the lyrics for the father-daughter dance, and completely read the crowd to play a mix of new and classic songs. We also used them for our ceremony and could not be happier with this choice. The guitarist and keyboard player learned a new song for my walk down the aisle and did such a beautiful job. The cost was SO reasonable with the performance that we got. I seriously hope we get to go to another wedding where they're playing so we can enjoy them again. Thank you guys so much!

Sent on 10/13/2015

Julia · Married on 06/06/2015

Search Party performed at our daughter’s wedding June 2015 at Four Season’s , Boston. They are the best wedding band out there and you need not look further. From an artistic standpoint, Search Party has the most gifted and talented musicians. We auditioned several. Sarah Seminski, one of two lead vocalists, performed “Raise Your Glass” and would have made Pink proud. She cleaned up the lyrics so it was appropriate for all audiences. The other lead, Neph, also amazing as has a wide range of genres.
    The band, extraordinary. They had all generations on their feet all night. They also toned it down during dinner. Charlie, the manager is so easy to work with. They have performed at Four Seasons Boston several time so the entire process was seamless. We recommend Search Party for your next event!

Sent on 07/30/2015

Taiyo · event on: 05/16/2015

Charlie was such a pleasure to work with leading up to our event. He was kind and laid back but didn't miss a detail. The band was incredible and a year later people are still talking about how wonderful they were. Thanks for making our event so special.

Sent on 05/25/2016

Search Party played at our daughter's wedding last weekend. They are unbelievable! Everyone was dancing including my 90 year old dad! I was told by many of our guests that it was the best wedding. There are many factors that go into a wedding but the entertainment is a big one. Search Party was so easy to work with and were always responsive to emails and phone calls. This is an easy choice - hire them - they are worth it!!

Sent on 05/16/2015

Christina · Married on 05/02/2015

Search Party was amazing! They kept the party going all night long and sounded perfect. Everyone had a great time and couldn't stop dancing. Definitely would recommend Search Party for an awesome time!

Sent on 06/12/2015

We had 240 people at our wedding and search party had every one dancing! Charlie was great to work with, he listened to what I envisioned the party to look like and he made it a reality. I really wanted to cater to the wedding crowd, meaning I wanted a little top 40 as the night progressed but I wanted a lot of oldies music that everyone could relate to. The band was willing to learn songs for me and I requested at least 3 that they played without any problems! They sound amazing and have a good control of their sound. They also provided me with trumpets for the church and music for the cocktail reception. I trusted Charlie on his ideas and would do it again! It's two weeks later and everyone cannot talk about the band enough. Search party is probably tied only with my florist for my number one vendor! Overall, they were great to work with and really delivered!

Sent on 12/15/2014

Jyllian · Married on 10/18/2014

SEARCH PARTY WAS AMAZING. Like stellar, incredible, two thumbs up… did I mention we LOVED them? My husband and I always knew we wanted a band for our wedding, and when we got engaged I started the search to find the perfect one for us. As soon as I heard Sarah’s voice I was completely hooked. She was so amazing and we immediately reached out for information. Just to be sure, we waited and saw them at a showcase to be sure they were just as good live as their produced tracks sounded and they were! Sarah was as great as expected, but Neph also blew us away with his dance moves and energy, we booked them right away.
    The day of our wedding I cannot even tell you how spectacular they were. They so exceeded our expectations and I credit the band for making our wedding so much fun! We have gotten SO many compliments from guests and families about how awesome the band was, they all want to book them for their events! Even my sister, a staunch DJ supporter, admitted how wrong she was and how Search Party truly made our wedding. Our family is desperately trying to come up with excuses to hire them for anything so we can hear them again, lol.
    If you are looking for a band that delivers way above their price tag (they are very reasonable as Boston Wedding bands go), you must hire Search Party! Thank you guys for truly making our day one of the most fun days of our entire lives!

Sent on 11/26/2014

Melissa · Married on 10/12/2014

Search Party was AMAZING! So many of my friends and family complimented the band during our wedding. They were FANTASTIC!

Sent on 10/20/2014

Julia · Married on 08/23/2014

Music was the first element I started thinking about when I started planning my wedding. It was extremely important to me to have an amazing band that could play all of the classics (Motown, classic rock, Frank Sinatra, etc) and some good quality pop and keep everyone dancing all night. I did a lot of research and was blown away by the demo on Search Party's website - if you haven't heard it, you should check it out and you will be convinced! The musicians are fantastic and the vocalists are definitely the best I've ever heard.

Charlie was extremely responsive and professional throughout the planning process and had the group learn a few songs upon our request (in addition to their extensive song list) - including one of my brother's original songs with a Kool and the Gang mash up. I emailed with him until the night before the wedding and knew we would be in great hands.

From the moment we walked into the tent until everyone was shouting "ONE MORE SONG!" at the end of the night, the band kept the energy high and set the tone for an elegant, classic, and extremely FUN night! Our guests were on the dance floor before dinner came out and literally every single person hit the dance floor as soon as they finished eating - every guest - from my 10 year old cousins to my 70 year old aunts and uncles and everyone in between. Everyone commented on how fantastic the band was and how much fun they had dancing all night.

I can't say enough about Search Party. I would highly highly recommend them to anyone looking for the best music with extremely talented musicians and vocalists. I am still looking for a reason to have another party to book them again!

Sent on 11/29/2014

brittany · Married on 08/17/2014

Search Party is the BEST band!!! I first heard them at my friend's wedding and they were absolutely fabulous. I just had to have them at my own wedding.

At the last minute, it rained before our wedding ceremony and everything had to be transferred inside. Charlie, the guitarist who was performing during our ceremony, worked hard to make the transition as seamless as possible and was able to get all the equipment inside so that we didn't have to worry about a thing. He played the guitar and sang during our processional and recessional and his vocals were amazing. We received so many compliments about the ceremony music!

The band was readily willing to learn new songs that we wanted and they were very accommodating and flexible with special requests, such as singing our first dance song during the actual wedding ceremony instead of at the reception, and during the father-daughter dance they segued from one song to another which was unique and so much fun!

During the reception, the band truly made it a party. Absolutely everyone was on the dance floor! They played a little something for everyone and were such animated performers that i couldn't tell who was having more fun- the guests or the band!

It goes without saying that I would highly recommend this band to anyone! I truly cannot thank them enough. They were absolutely amazing and they made our wedding day so special and so much fun :) The prices were reasonable for the quality that we received and the band was super professional, reliable, and responsive.

Thank you so so so much to the Search Party for making our wedding so memorable, upbeat, and fun!

Sent on 09/20/2014
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 05/25/2014

We knew from the beginning that we wanted a live band for our wedding. After hearing search party at an exhibition, we knew they were the band we wanted for our wedding. They blew the other bands out of the water. Working with Charlie was easy and he was great with all our changes and our request to learn a new song that wasn't on their list. At our reception, we knew we had made the right choice. Search Party was amazing! Sarah and Neph's voices are truly spectacular. And the rest of the band was fantastic! All of our guests commented how great the band was. We are so happy we chose Search Party!

Sent on 06/09/2014

Elena · Married on 09/15/2013

For my September wedding we booked Search Party through Wilson Stevens Productions, Inc. (check out the reviews for Search Party on the Wilson Stevens' Wedding Wire page). They were an absolute joy to work with and I couldn't imagine my wedding without them! I worked mostly with Charlie and he very patiently answered all my questions and helped arrange a special song I sang at the wedding. Charlie came to my home twice to help me rehearse which really put me at ease for the performance. I loved how the song came out and I was so grateful for his help in making this special moment. The band is also phenomenal! As an amateur vocalist, I am incredibly picky about other voices, but I am a total fan girl for the female vocalist, Sarah. We loved the horns section as well, since my husband plays the trumpet. Every song choice was perfect and we had guests of all ages up and dancing the entire night - including people who swear they don't dance!! Search Party also handled the PA system for our ceremony and played a portion of our cocktail hour. Everything was flawless and professional while still bringing the fun energy that I was looking for - nothing stuffy or cheesy. It was just perfect!! Our family and friends are still talking about how good the music and the band were. Thank you Search Party for making my wedding unforgettable!!

Sent on 09/30/2013

Erika · Married on 06/29/2013

Search Party was AMAZING!!!! Everyone (even people I wasn't expecting) were out on the dance floor the whole night. Not only were the vocals stunning and accurate, they had such style and were so much fun to work with!

We worked mostly with Charlie Hunt, who was flexible and easy to work with. We had choreographed a dance to "I Do" by J. Geils Band for our first dance, and were really nervous about it! Charlie invited us to one of their rehearsals where we were able to practice for the band, and they then also knew our cues. Being able to do that put us greatly at ease and they were so incredibly nice and TALENTED! They had great ideas for what to do at the finale.

So many of our guests have commented on Search Party and how fun they were, and I've already had some requests for their contact information -- they are FABULOUS! And definitely know how to keep the party going!

Sent on 07/19/2013

Lauren · Married on 07/25/2015

I absolutely love Search Party. Charlie was a gem to work with throughout our engagement, as we prepared for our day. We were fortunate to have heard Search Party play at two of our friends' weddings, so we knew how incredibly talented they were. Our wedding day was no different! They truly blew away our guests with their talent, enthusiasm and energy! We were so thankful that they were a part of our day!!

Sent on 08/11/2015

Kat · Married on 11/15/2014

Search Party performed at my wedding one month ago. My husband and I were so happy we chose them - our guests were on the dance floor all night from the moment the reception started. They played a mix of classics and pop songs that everyone loved. Going into the planning, we knew we wanted a big party and Search Party made it happen!

Sent on 12/15/2014

We knew from the get-go that we wanted our wedding to be a fun time for all of our guests, and that meant having live music. After watching our fair number of cheesy Youtube videos, my MIL mentioned a great band she had just seen perform at a friend's wedding. From that point on, our list became a whole lot shorter.

Search Party was AMAZING. Not only was Charlie super helpful and easy to work with during the planning stages, every band member was on their A Game for the big day. Guests started dancing during dinner, and didn't stop until midnight. Friends and family are still raving about how much fun they had, and I can only agree. Search Party went above and beyond with special requests such as working with my family to perform a surprise sing-along, letting my two little cousins on-stage to sing, and learning a 3-song medley for our first dance, and the whole night went off without a hitch! They are true professionals, and if there were any hiccups behind the scenes I was blissfully unaware.

To say it was the perfect day would be an absolute understatement. I wish I could go back and relive it. If I had the chance to do it all again, I wouldn't change a single thing. I would 100% recommend Search Party for any event where you want to be sure you and your guests will have a good time.

Sent on 05/31/2014