25 Reviews for Sean Holder Photography

Albums (1)
Flush Mount (1)
Proofs (1)
25 Sean Holder Photography Reviews

Sean is a class act!! He is extremely professional and you can tell he's been in the business for a while. His attention to detail helped me to relax on my special day because I knew he had it all under control. Every time I was having a moment with a friend or family member as soon as I turned around Sean would be there to capture the memory! Friends and family had nothing but kind words to say about how hard he worked the entire night. He has great prices and is always on schedule. I will be referring him to all of my friends and family members for future events. Thank you so much Sean for all of your hard work, and for making my special day extra special!

Profile Picture Nicole, 10/29/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I found Sean at a bridal show and was amazed by the work he had in display so we hired him ASAP! He is wonderful to work with and worth every single penny we spent for our package. Day of our wedding, him and his assistant were there to capture EVERY single moment and also included the guests in his shots (which we don't see many photographers doing). We are absolutely in love with our pictures and finding it very difficult to only pick 70 for our album :) He is definitely someone I would hire again for more events.

Profile Picture Madila, 9/29/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Amazing job. Wonderful to work with.. Can't wait until the wedding

Profile Picture brandi, 9/5/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sean is such an amazing photographer. He makes you feel comfortable and relaxed. I'm so anxious to see our final photos because I know they will be amazing!

Profile Picture Ashley, 9/3/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sean was so wonderful to work with during our engagement photo session as well as at our wedding. He knows exactly what he is doing because he snapped some absolutely incredible shots!

Profile Picture Ashley, 7/23/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sean is hands down the best photographer we could have ever imagine! We met him just over a year ago at a bridal show. He is very personable and experienced in his work that we knew before even hiring him that he would be amazing. Sean did our engagement photos in November 2014, and all the pictures were beautiful. We walked all throughout Downtown Norfolk and the Hague River. It was a lot of fun, and he made us feel at ease the whole time.
Sean has also been VERY flexible with us. Our original wedding date was supposed to be in October 2015, but unfortunately, a last minute deployment came up and we had to move the wedding to December. He was so accommodating, and gave us all the dates that he was available. All the vendors were able to switch to December as well, except for our DJ. Sean recommended Roger Cruz from Astro DJ. All the guests LOVED him! Sean also recommended make up and hair to be done by the very talented Liz from Behind the Veil, who made us all look beautiful!
Sean also recommended another very talented person, Tess Holder as the wedding coordinator. She was so helpful throughout the whole planning, and made sure everything was set up at our reception, and it looked beautiful. Tess also made AMAZING cupcakes! She made 4 different flavors: strawberry, cookies and cream, red velvet, and carrot cake. Tess made them with fresh strawberries, oreos, and fresh carrots for the carrot cake! They were absolutely delicious!
Sean's photography throughout the entire wedding day was amazing. He made sure that every shot was perfect. We had so much fun with him throughout the day. Brian, his assistant, was also wonderful to work with. He was very personable, and helped us capture memorable moments! Basically, without Sean, our wedding day would not have been nearly as perfect as it was. Sean, Brian, Tess, Roger and Liz are hands down the perfect wedding team! Thank you Sean for everything! -Adam & Amy Petersen

Profile Picture Amy, 12/5/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, DJ, Photography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Sean did an amazing job and gave us breathtaking photos of our wedding that we will cherish forever. We are in awe of all of the photos he took, we got them last night and I have gone through them at least a dozen times now. We love every single picture, it is definitely going to be a challenge putting together our book!

From the moment I met Sean at a bridal show, I instantly felt at ease with him and confident he would be able to capture our big day perfectly. We loved that he was former military and we instantly connected with him, being that my husband is currently serving. When my mother and I met with him for the first time we didn’t even need to think about our decision and booked him right on the spot.

Sean captured every single detail of our wedding perfectly. We had more of a rustic/DIY themed décor and Sean made sure to take pictures of all of the details that we weren’t able to enjoy because the day went by so quickly. He made my extremely long and daunting formal shot list seem like nothing and we were able to get through every shot in a short time, we were very impressed. Sean was also able to fit in our first look, my bridal shots, and all of our bridal party pictures before the ceremony even when I was running almost an hour behind schedule getting ready! We loved being able to work with his son and his assistant photographer too, they were both awesome and so attentive! I cannot say enough good things about Sean and his team, Sean is a wonderful person and an amazing photographer. If you are looking for someone local or even a destination photographer, Sean Holder Photography is the best choice! We look forward to working with Sean in the future and are so thrilled with our entire experience with him.

Profile Picture Emily, 10/11/15, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Proofs, High-Res Images

Not only is Sean's photography absolutely beautiful, he is so nice to work with!! Sean did the photography for our engagement session and our wedding. The pictures he provided to us were beyond amazing and really captured the love and fun that we had during our special day! Sean was such a pleasure to work with and was always open to our ideas and trying different things. He was very professional but personable at the same time. At times, I would find us talking about common interests we have which was nice to take my mind off of my nerves and also made it feel like he wasn't just someone I hired to take pictures but someone who also looked out from behind the camera too and got to know you. I would absolutely recommend Sean Holder Photography to anyone looking to capture those special moments in life. Thank you so much Sean for your hard work and dedication, you have provided us with images and memories that we will cherish for a lifetime!!!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Michelle, 10/3/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography

We hired Sean Holder and his assistant, Brian, as our wedding photography vendor. Sean was the photographer for my friend’s wedding and after looking through her pictures, we knew he would be perfect for wedding. The first time we actually met Sean and Brian in person was at our engagement shoot. Immediately, we knew they were going to be great. Sean has a great personality and is extremely friendly. They were so personable and talking with them made it seem like we had known them for years.

We reside in Northern Virginia and Sean was coming from Virginia Beach which is about a 3.5 hour drive. With that in mind, Sean was always super professional and worked with us to accommodate our needs. Sean was always checking in periodically assuring that he would be there for the wedding. He was very easy to contact and would always be there to answer our questions. We were never worried about his reliability.

Sean worked with us with finding a location for our engagement photo. Throughout the engagement shoot, he was very patient and wanted to make sure he got the perfect shot. He asked for our opinions and if we had any shoot requests. We felt like we were his only clients for the day and did not rush us.

When it came time for the wedding, Sean and Brian were on time and nothing but professional and outstanding the day of our wedding. He went above and beyond to make sure to capture our special day. The pictures were amazing and better than we expected. He provided the link of pictures for us to review and shortly after send us the digital copies.

Couples looking for a photographer should definitely go with Sean. He ended up being a great hire and made our wedding memorable.

Profile Picture Vivian, 8/22/15, 6 Reviews
Services Used: High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Digital Files

We found Sean Holder at a bridal expo and out of all the photographers that were there Sean impressed us. As an advanced photographer myself I thought it was going to be a challenge to find a photographer that will meet our expectations. I was wrong! He not only met our expectations but far exceeded them in every category from the detail shots to the reception and ceremony. Sean Holder will not disappoint! Every single image was flawless and amazing from our engagement photos all the way until our reception ended on our special day. He captured every single special moment that we can remember on our wedding day. He is very professional, he will work with you on exactly what you want done, and most importantly he will make your day stress free. He also has a backup to everything with his equipment so there is absolutely no stress with him as a vendor having to cancel on you at the last minute. If you are still looking for the best of the best for photography stop right here and give Sean Holder a call. Since he provides the best photography services anyone can ask for he is in high demand and books fast so do not wait! Thank you Sean and you truly ensured our special day is forever captured.

Sincerely,
Garry and Joy

Profile Picture Garry, 5/30/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sean did a fantastic job with our engagement session and wedding! Our pictures are beautiful and complete with every shot we asked for!! We have received countless compliments on our album!! We give Sean 5 STARS and would recommend him to everyone!!!

Profile Picture Kelsie, 5/2/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

I gave Sean Holder 5 Stars but I would have given more! He was excellent! The day my husband and I met with him I knew he was perfect for us, he was professional and very personable. I told Sean Holder the ONLY image I cared about was the look on my husbands face when he sees me for the first time walking down the Isle and he did not disappoint. The image is AMAZING and brought tears to my eyes. All of our images look GREAT and they had me reliving that entire day. During the day Sean was amazing he was everywhere he needed to be and never showed stress and even kept me calm when I began to stress. He did great with all of our guests and at times I had no idea he was there capturing some of the moments. He was so calm and did everything asked and more. I can't rave about him enough. I hope to use him in the future for other great milestones in our life. If you are searching for a vendor I would stop the search here you cant get any better than SEAN HOLDER! He will forever have a place in our hearts for capturing the most amazing photos, Thank you from Joey and Heather!

Profile Picture Heather, 4/17/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sean Holder did our engagement and wedding pictures and I can say that both times he surpassed my high-standards expectations. Both photoshoots are waaaay better than I could ever imagine. I loooove each and everyone of them!!! Everything was so busy for me as being the bride that I am eternally grateful that we chose Sean Holder to be our photographer. He not only has a superb personality, he is too, super professional, responsible and reliable. Sean was able to eternalize and create a masterpiece out of all the precious moments we experienced with our loved ones in our wedding and engagement photos. If you are lucky to have him be free to book your event, do not miss the opportunity as I know you won't regret it!!

***Check out our engagement photo session:
(Video by Lalo Hernandez & Photos by Sean Holder)

Thank you so very much again Sean!!

Best,

Bruna & Dominic

Profile Picture Bruna, 11/29/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

We had a hindu ceremony with a contemporary twist. Sean was there to work with us on the details we wanted to see with our wedding. He even went as far to educate our other vendors in traditional hindu customs. We both were very pleased with Sean, from not just the photography aspect; but his willingness to go above and beyond in helping make our wedding special

Profile Picture Saurabh, 10/25/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sean and his assistant were great!!!! We love our photos and they were so much fun to work with. Incredibly reasonable as well. Highly recommend! :-)

Profile Picture Ashley, 10/11/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sean’s photographs of my son’s wedding were excellent, the first and most important criteria in any evaluation of a photographer. What truly sets Sean apart is his easy going manner and willingness to cheerfully accommodate any reasonable and the occasional unreasonable request. Unfortunately, none of the groom’s grandparents could make the ceremony. Sean quickly processed the pictures and provided digital copies in time to be shown to them at Thanksgiving. After the formal poses, and while shooting candid’s at the reception, he patiently shot mixed and matched groups of children (young men and women actually) and relatives. I simply cannot express Sean’s desire to work with the bride, groom and parents to ensure that his services meet and exceed their expectations. Finally, his charges were quite reasonable and in view of the quality of the photographs and the service rendered a true bargain. If you have any questions or reservations concerning Sean, please feel free to contact me, Mike Harrell at 214-221-5401. He has without exception or reservation, my unqualified recommendation.

Profile Picture Mike, 10/11/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sean provided great photos, made us look good, was unobtrusive during the event, and most importantly, made my parents feel at ease throughout.

Profile Picture Zachary, 8/31/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sean was very professional, responsive and easy to work with. He did an amazing job capturing our wedding and I would highly recommend him.

Profile Picture Geetika, 6/14/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Chris and I are beyond happy that we chose Sean to capture our big day. After choosing the most beautiful venue for our wedding, we were determined to find an equally awesome photographer to capture the beauty that would surround us on that special day. Without a doubt Sean was the perfect photographer for us. We are thrilled with our wedding photos and can't wait to receive our album!

Profile Picture User4121845, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sean provided a great service for us. My wife and I enjoyed working with him very much. He makes the shoots fun and enjoyable. I believe what sets Sean apart from his competitors is his experience. He has an eye for what will make a good shot. Sean doesn't let you make a mistake during the shoots that you may regret later. He gives you his insight during the sessions so you will get great pictures. Our wedding was not perfect, but you would not think it looking at our pictures. I would definitely suggest that the bride get her makeup/hair done to get the most out of the sessions. Sean's lens has a very high definition. I spent more than I anticipated on photography, but that's what was important to me. I didn't want to be cheap and risk poor pictures from an amateur photographer because we can't recreate that moment. The pictures came out gorgeous and we have them forever.

Profile Picture James, 5/17/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We always knew we made the right decision hiring Sean Holder as our photographer, but we truly saw his passion and drive towards photography when he was shooting us. He was a pro recommending us various poses and how to angle our body for the perfect portrait pictures. He took great candid and the detail shots. He is very friendly and was on time at our meetings prior to the wedding and on the wedding day. He promptly responded to our emails and even recommended us the awesome make-up artist and the hair stylist. He turned around the pictures earlier for us since we had to travel. Sean is an amazing photographer and an easy to work with. I highly recommend him for special occasions.
We love all our wedding pictures!

Profile Picture Pragati, 4/27/14, 2 Reviews

Great pictures and album
Very personable

Profile Picture User4508362, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sean was accommodating, easy to work with, fun and professional all-in-one. We really liked his style of capturing the moment but he also made sure to capture all the traditional wedding photos too so you get the best of both worlds. Our Engagement and Wedding photos were spectacular! Thanks Sean.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Sean, 10/5/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

It has almost been a year since our wedding and we still talk about how great our wedding photographer and his crew were! I was first referenced to Sean Holder Photography by our wedding venue The Yacht Club @ Marina Shores. I went online, looked at his photos, thought they were absolutely beautiful! So I made an appt. for me and my husband to meet with him... we ended up being an hour late because my husband first drove to the wrong meeting place! I was just thinking "Man, this guy is going to be pi**ed if we don't hire him!" Fortunately, we never had to worry about that because we loved his portfolio and he seemed like a really cool laid back guy which is how we are so it worked out! He listened to everything that I wanted to have done at the wedding and made sure it happened! He even showed up earlier at our wedding and took photos of my husband and his groomsmen that we didn't even have planned and came into our limo before we left the venue to take some after photos! Sean and his crew didn't miss a beat! We have other projects in mind to this day that we want to do for our family where we want Sean to be a part of! In Sean Holder Photography you will find a real honest truly fun man who LOVES his work and will provide you with the most professional and fun service while you receive Gorgeous Pictures that you will CHERISH forever! I only wish we could of afforded to do more at the time...

Profile Picture Lindsey, 1/11/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sean is very professional and has a very good eye in seeing the best angle or shot for his subject. He works with passion, style, and creativity. I would highly recommend him to anyone who desires quality pictures and professional service.

Profile Picture Denise, 6/19/11, 1 Review