Sea Ranch Resort Reviews

Sea Ranch Resort 5
Sea Ranch Resort 6
Sea Ranch Resort 7

Amanda · Married on 09/16/2017

We were married on the beach in front of the Sea Ranch, and had our reception inside the resort ballroom on 9/16/17. We had an amazing time. Everything went just as planned. Belinda was absolutely fantastic to work with throughout the entire process, and Torey and the rest of the staff were a big help with questions and clarification on our big day. Belinda's communication was spot on, and made me feel comfortable and reassured me when needed about any details.

Sent on 09/24/2017

Danielle · Married on 09/02/2017

The Sea Ranch Restort Staff was awesome! Everything was prepared on time and neat. They made sure all our needs were met. Also Belinda was a blessing to work with. Even though it was short notice when I came to her for my wedding, she made sure everything was done and prepared for my big day. I don’t know what I would have done without her by my side. Much love to the Sea Ranch Resort and it’s Staff! Keep up the great work.

Sent on 10/25/2017

Kathleen · Married on 08/24/2017

I love Belinda Lucey! She was so helpful. She always responded to emails, and phone calls quickly. She answered every single question. When wedding day came she was right there. She even held my granddaughter for us during the reception. Every single person at the Sea Ranch were so helpful and professional. We could not of asked for a better place to have my sons wedding. Oh and the food was amazing! I cannot recommend them enough.

Sent on 09/08/2017

Madeline · Married on 07/15/2017

The Sea Ranch was a great choice for our wedding day. The staff and venue went above and beyond what we would even expected out of the venues. They helped custom make a menu to fit our needs for our reception. It was absolutely perfect. From start to finish it was worth every penny. Would do it here again and would recommend to others. My husband and I could not have been happier with our choice to do it here. Only happy memories of out wedding day at the Sea Ranch. Thank you Belinda and the Sea Ranch staff for being so amazing.

Sent on 09/23/2017

Rhonda · Married on 07/06/2017

I absolutely can not say enough good things!!! I was working with a budget and pulled it off no problem! Belinda is the absolute best! She kept me very calm and I was completely confident that everything was going to be perfect! I planned our wedding from 8 hrs away and could not have pulled it off without Belinda! She gave me great recommendations for all the vendors I used and believe it or not I didn't see any of them. I set them up over the phone and paid with my debit, from there Belinda took care of it. While I was off getting ready for my wedding she dealt with my vendors. Everything was as it should be! The food was phenomenal! Seriously, I really can not say enough good things!!! Call Sea Ranch and ask for Belinda.
    p.s. The distance from the deck to the ceremony on the beach was Perfect! The ballroom was Perfect!!!

Sent on 07/20/2017

Nicola · Married on 07/01/2017

I was SO pleased to have my wedding at the Sea Ranch Resort ! Everyone was so amazing there! So helpful and friendly! Even with a small rain delay I would not have asked for a better day and night! The food was amazing, everyone raved about it and I don't even eat salmon but I loved it! I could not have done it without Belinda! She was so helpful! I planned this from Connecticut and she made it a lot easier! She is so kind and I will forever go back there and visit her and the rest of the staff ! Perfect spot for a beach wedding and helpful to accommodate our guests ! Thank you Sea Ranch for the best day of my life !!

Sent on 07/24/2017

Jenni · Married on 06/10/2017

Great staff and hotel! Belinda is a delight to work with

Sent on 07/05/2017

Jessica · Married on 05/27/2017

We had such a beautiful beach front ceremony at the Sea Ranch, and then held our reception right inside! Everything was perfect and the staff was so amazingly nice and helpful! Belinda did such a wonderful job helping us get everything ready for our big day - we couldn't have done it without her! The food was amazing and the drinks were delicious! Thanks so much for helping make our day so special and perfect!

Sent on 06/04/2017

Jennifer · Married on 05/13/2017

We fell in love with the Sea Ranch Resort from the minute we saw it and no only because it is right on the water but also because of the amazing quality of service we received from their wedding coordinator, Belinda. She has been absolutely amazing through this process. I have asked her three million questions and every single time she responds with such respect, interest and is extremely thorough in her responses! Never once has she made me feel like I am bothering her with too many questions!

Sent on 08/19/2016

Brienne · Married on 05/05/2017

Our wedding at the sea ranch was everything we wanted and more. We really wanted a beach ceremony and we got half a beach ceremony due to the weather not cooperating but the staff quickly had everyone inside to finish up without a hitch. The reception space was beautiful and clean with plenty of privacy from other hotel guests and perfect for what we we looking for.

We live in NY and booked the wedding without ever really seeing the venue, we chose the sea ranch after reading all the wonderful reviews about their food. There were so many options and they were so flexible with allergies .After we had been in Touch with Belinda, we knew this was definitely the venue for us. She was so sweet, caring, quick to respond to our calls/emails and so easy to talk to. She made the whole experience super exciting and very easy to plan. The whole staff at the Sea Ranch Resort was super helpful and very friendly.

If we did everything over again, we would definitely still pick the Sea Ranch Resort. We recommend it for weddings as well as the hotel and restaurant.

Sent on 12/01/2017
    Sea Ranch Resort 8
    Sea Ranch Resort 9
    Sea Ranch Resort 10

Mary Ann · Married on 04/22/2017

Belinda was Awesome!! She made sure our day was Everything I Dreamed of. The Staff was Excellent!

Sent on 09/10/2017

Shanice · Married on 04/09/2017

Just when i had almost given up on a beach wedding Ms. Belinda and The Sea Ranch Resort made my dream wedding come true!!! Working with Ms. Belinda was amazing. Being almost four hours away she made it super easy for me to handle business. She was truly heaven sent. She was VERY PROFESSIONAL and Flexible to ALL my wedding day needs. The Hotel staff was very accommodating and friendly. I look back at my experience with no regrets.

Sent on 12/14/2017
    Sea Ranch Resort 18
    Sea Ranch Resort 19
    Sea Ranch Resort 20

Brooke · Married on 04/03/2017

If you are wanting to have a beach wedding without high cost, this is your place. The staff is amazing. I live in Kentucky and had never been to the Outer Banks. I found Sea Ranch online. Belinda was so easy and fun to work with. We communicated through emails. I used their facebook page to look at pictures to help me think of ways to decorate. Everything went very smooth. Food was delicious also. We had a wonderful experience. Thanks Sea Ranch for helping make our wedding dreams come true!

Sent on 07/05/2017

Meredith · Married on 10/22/2016

If you are looking for an environment where everyone is doing everything they can to ensure you have a phenomenal day, THIS is the place. All the staff is amazing (and I mean all!) and 100% engaged in treating you like family, Belinda being the lead in making sure everything is flawless! And that is just the people you work with, the venue is right on the water and could not be more beautiful and the reception area literally transforms into a exactly what you have pictured. The food, that is just the icing on the cake! We are STILL receiving complements from our guests that they do not remember the last time they were so well fed. We did serving stations so everyone got as much to eat as they wanted and the food and again staff were perfection! We loved it so much we extended our stay and also made the resort our honeymoon!
    Can not thank these guys enough!

Sent on 11/17/2016

Caroline · Married on 10/14/2016

Belinda was awesome! The food was wonderful and overall our day was perfect!

Sent on 11/28/2016

jaclyn · Married on 10/08/2016

Belinda and the Chefs have been utterly amazing. I contacted Belinda in January, interested in the resort for my wedding. She happened to be coming to DC for a wedding expo and I got to meet her there. Even though she was incredibly busy with guests at her booth, she stepped aside to have a private conversation with me and my fiancé. She was so warm and welcoming that the following weekend we drove down to OBX to see the resort and go to the OBX wedding expo where we met the chefs. The chefs are AMAZING!!! (and so is their food!) They were so fun and light hearted Matt and I fell in love instantly and booked our wedding date at the resort that weekend! (Not to mention, Belinda came into work on a SUNDAY to meet with us so we could go over everything and book our wedding) Matt and I drove down for a second time to do a tasting for our dinner menu and ended up joining the Oyster Roast at the restaurant instead and had a complete blast.
    Over the past few months of wedding planning, Belinda and her team have been wonderful not only are they quick to respond, they make you feel like the only people in the room and treat you like royalty. The resort may not be the fanciest or the most up-to-date, but if you want to deal with good wholesome people this is the place. The Chefs have be completely honest with us about our menu choices offering good ideas and being honest about questions regarding some options we were looking at. Belinda has been completely straight up about prices from booking the venue to the food to reserving hotel room and everything in between. She even hooked us up with a huge list of vendors for florists, cakes, photographers, etc...
    If you can't tell already, Matt and I absolutely love this place. If there's anything I've learned from planning my wedding its the people who make your day not how much money pay them and I'm so happy we found the Sea Ranch Resort and the people who work there. I feel so lucky to have them helping us plan our big day!

Sent on 05/05/2016

Missy · Married on 10/08/2016

My wedding is coming up in 3 weeks and I could not be more happy with the staff at the Sea Ranch. They have been so accommodating and helpful. Extremely flexible as well. I have two toddlers and they let me come in there and wedding plan while the kids are there too. Very loving staff. You just feel like you are apart of their family. I have eaten there many times and know the staff pretty well by now and the food and service is just amazing. Any questions I had, I received a thorough response no more than 24 hours later. I cannot wait for the upcoming events. They have lessened my stress completely.

Sent on 09/18/2016
  • Theresa

Theresa · Married on 09/25/2016

If you are looking for the total package, look no further. This is the place to go. Belinda Lucey, Maryann, Dylan, Jodie, Cyndi, Joe and the rest of the staff will make your day as special and perfect beyond your imagination. As a local, we had our choice of so many places here, but from the first time we met Belinda at the Wedding Expo in January, 2015, we made a connection and never looked back. It was the best decision we could have made. Our day was spectacular and it was all done with their fantastic customer service, advice, guidance, and knowledge of how a wedding should be. The food was beyond excellent! Their chef is just the best around. The cost was well within our budget to boot. You cannot go wrong with this choice! Thank you Belinda and staff for making our dream wedding happen.

Sent on 09/30/2016

Lorna · Married on 06/25/2016

We had our wedding at this wonderful location in June 2016. The staff were so fun and ultra helpful. Our coordinator, Belinda, was an absolute pleasure to work with. The food was AMAZING, the drinks were great, and they had some great people working with them! I LOVED it! My family and friends were impressed and pleased I might add!

Sent on 07/11/2016

radeyah · Married on 06/25/2016

My best friends, Lorna and David, are getting married at the Sea Ranch Resort at the end of June. Lorna and I actually found the Sea Ranch Resort through WeddingWire nearly a year and a half ago when we began planning the wedding. We were so impressed with the reviews and the glowing commendations for the sales manager, Belinda Anderson. Words cannot even begin to describe how amazing Belinda is and how perfect the venue is for Lorna and David. Every single employee from the front desk attendants, to the new Executive Chef Sam Larson, to the waitstaff has been fantastic. Belinda has gone out of her way to steer us in the right direction for the best vendors and that has been so appreciated in light of the fact that this is a destination wedding. Lorna and I have become dear friends with staff of the Sea Ranch Resort and we jokingly ask ourselves what we're going to do after the wedding because we have all enjoyed interacting with each other throughout this process. Lorna and David know their wedding is in excellent hands because they/we have seen the level of personal attention the venue puts into each event. The ballroom is beautiful and well-appointed for either a casual or formal event. The food is amazing! And the location right on the beach is worth a million dollars! We are so looking forward to introducing family and friends to the Outer Banks and this fantastic venue!

UPDATE: My friends' wedding was last weekend and the Sea Ranch lived up to EVERY expectation! Each staff member from the from front desk staff, to the waitstaff, to the bartender, to the on-site janitors (shout out to Ben!) were extremely friendly, warm, and welcoming. It almost felt as my friends had the entire resort for the weekend. Belinda was the most amazing person to work with. You will be in excellent hands if you choose to have your event at the Sea Ranch Resort!

Sent on 05/17/2016

Staci · Married on 06/20/2015

Belinda is fabulous to work with! I had to push my wedding back a year because my husband deployed and she was very helpful keeping me on track and answering all of my questions! She is seriously the best!

Sent on 03/19/2015

Johanna · Married on 10/11/2014

We couldn't have picked a better place to have our wedding! The Sea Ranch was the perfect location to ensure all of our guests were able to easily stay in the same hotel and that all of our wedding activities were contained in one spot.

We held our ceremony on the beach and our reception inside the Sea Ranch's ballroom. Guests raved about the food--especially the raw bar--which Belinda arranged especially for our wedding and to come out so that my family, bridal party and me and my husband could enjoy it before cocktail hour ended.

The bar tenders and wait staff were amazing and made sure everyone at our wedding had a great time. Belinda was always available to help answer any questions and make sure our day was perfect.

Sent on 10/31/2014

Megan · Married on 08/22/2014

Our wedding was simply wonderful! We couldn’t have asked for a better experience.
    ALL of the staff at the Sea Ranch Resort was simply fantastic! Belinda, the director of sales and catering was fabulous to work with! She was responsive and any questions we had were answered so quickly! Most of our planning was done via- email which was fantastic because we were not constantly playing phone tag with Belinda, but at the same time she was extremely easy to get in contact with when we did call her. She walked around our wedding taking pictures and telling everyone how lovely they looked and how happy she was for us. Belinda is one of a kind, she is a truly kind hearted person and loves what she does and isn’t afraid to show it.

The wait staff and bartenders were fabulous we got so many compliments on how nice the staff was at our event, we really lucked out everyone truly wanted our day to be special. Plates were cleared quickly and drinks were always full! Our guests were really a priority.

The resort itself is maintained well, and the event room was perfect for our crowd, our wedding wasn’t too large and the room always seemed full, but not crowded. The location for the ceremony is the BEST on the beach; you walk outside and have sand on your toes! You can’t get any better than The Sea Ranch resort when it comes to desiring a true beach ceremony. Everything about our wedding felt so personable and customized just for us! Over all our experience was fantastic and I would absolutely recommend Sea Ranch Resort to anyone who is looking to get married in the OBX. Thank you Sea Ranch! – Megan & Jamin

Sent on 09/23/2014

Regina · Married on 08/09/2014

First of all I want EVERY bride-to-be to know The Sea Ranch Resort is the best place to have your wedding. I live in a different state and I worked with Belinda Anderson for 8 months and she is the best and awesome person to work with, she answered all my questions and gave me some great advise on everything, the staff was always helpful and very friendly. The chef made the best food around, my guest as well as us loved it! Torey and Kris are the best in the world, they did such an awesome job with the timing and coordination of everything the day of and during the whole process, I think all staff members of The Sea Ranch who helped/participated with my wedding enjoyed being there. I would highly recommend this venue to ALL! Everything turned out exactly how I planed it! Thanks a bunch to the whole crew at The Sea Ranch Resort! Ya'll are the best.

Sent on 09/05/2014

Shortly after getting engaged last summer, we went on vacation to OBX and decided to get married down there. We checked out all the places large enough to accommodate a 100 person wedding and felt the Sea Ranch was the best fit. Everyone was very pleasant, the inn is a little quaint and quirky but we liked that it had character, you can walk right out onto the beach without dealing with stairs or dunes, the combination venue and catering, and Belinda, the site coordinator, won me over instantly.

All year long Belinda provided me with incredible service and advice. I was pretty nervous about planning it remotely and my parents were more so as they hadn't ever been there. We all went down to OBX in Oct for a planning weekend to meet vendors, show my parents around, and try out the food. Belinda and John, the chef, were so wonderful; I could not have been more appreciative. It made a world of difference. Leading up to the wedding she helped keep me on track with timelines as well as calming me down when I found out OBX was getting smacked by a hurricane the week before our wedding. Everything at the wedding ran flawlessly and without showing any strain. I cannot recommend her highly enough.

The rest of the staff was helpful with getting the room set up, making sure we had access to everything that needed to be prepped well in advance, and did a wonderful job with the timing and coordination of everything the day of and during, and somehow all managed to look like they really enjoyed being there, rather than like they were just working on a Saturday night. We had an amazing time and would recommend this venue with this crew to anyone.

Sent on 07/26/2014