Scrumptions Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner

• Diane
    Diane C. Married on 12/11/2021

Delicious!

Anna and her team at Scrumptions out did themselves for our December wedding! They created a delicious lemon cake with lemon filling that guests are still raving about. Since they are also a chocolate shop, they were also able to create our peppermint bark favors. Anna was easy to work with and did everything in her power to ensure we had the highest quality products. Even when I had to change the number of favors, she was accommodating. You will not be disappointed with Scrumptions!
    Alise Married on 10/16/2021

Casual, cute and yummy!

We decided, since we are a bit more casual and laid back, that we wanted to serve cupcakes but also have a 4 layer 6” cake to cut into. We stumbled upon Scrumptions after they were recommended by a couple people (including a baker that I reached out to work with who was also getting married the same weekend as me).

They were very responsive and reasonable. We purchased cupcakes as part of the tasting, and decided on funfetti with buttercream frosting. They are fun and playful but also delicious! Additionally, we needed gluten and dairy free options for a couple guests- no problem! Our guests who ate them explained they couldn’t even tell!

They delivered to our venue, which was also in RI for a small fee.

The frosting was smooth and the cake was moist. The cupcake liners are adorable, although plain. They remind me of a wedding dress. They were perfect. I’m happy that we ordered 25% more than we needed because I noticed many guests went up for seconds!
    Amber Married on 09/25/2021

Delicious!

We got the spice cupcakes with caramel frosting. They came out beautiful and were absolutely delicious!!! Our cake was stunning!
    Melissa L. Married on 07/31/2021

Delicious cake!

Delicious, beautiful almond cake with vanilla buttercream! Created exactly what we wanted
    Cassandra B. Married on 07/03/2021

Highly Recommend!

We hired Scrumptions for our wedding this past July and we had a great experience! We requested a small cutting cake and a variety of cupcakes, including some dairy free/gluten free options, and everything was delicious & beautiful! Our guests had nothing but good things to say. Jennifer was very responsive to any questions that I had, including last minute changes, and even requested a swatch in order to match the cupcakes with our color scheme. It all turned out exactly how I imagined and was very tasty. Thank you!
    Heather C. Married on 02/20/2021

Best wedding cake ever!

Scrumptions made our cake for our February wedding. After the fact, we had countless compliments about how delicious it was! Maybe we’re partial but my husband and I both agreed, best wedding cake we’ve ever had! Almond cake with white chocolate mousse and raspberry preserve. Unreal! And everyone was a pleasure to work with.
    Alyssa G. Married on 09/18/2020

So happy we went with them!

Amazing desserts and fabulous to work with!! Our venue had a contracted wedding cake with this bakery and and we opted for the cake over a plate dessert from the venue because it was so good! We also wanted to add in extra desserts for our guests and this company was extremely helpful, responsive, and flexible with any last minute changes I had to make. The best thing about them is because they knew my venue so well, the only thing I had to do was pick out desserts and not worry about a thing (i.e. scheduling delivery, etc) after that!
  • Susan
    Sue A. Married on 05/28/2020

Can't say enough good things.....

We originally booked Scrumptions to do our May 28, 2020 wedding. Then.... COVID19 wreaked havoc on everyone's 2020 wedding plans. We decided to go ahead with a May 31, 2020 socially distant ceremony with family and a handful of close friends. Scrumptions was beyond accommodating working with us to ensure that we had cupcakes vs. cake to help celebrate our mini-mony dealing with a couple date/time changes. Even though we had to change our date last minute, Anna made sure our cupcakes were fresh and delicious. We received compliments from everyone who had them!!!! I highly recommend Scrumptions, Anna and her team and the Lemon Burst cupcakes to any/all. Scrumptions is now our go to bakery for any cake/cupcake needs. Thank you!!!!!
  • Tamara
    Tamara Married on 05/17/2020

Exceeded expectations!

We can’t thank you enough for our wedding and groom’s cakes! They were absolutely delicious and the groom’s cake exceeded our wildest dreams and expectations! Thank you for the best, friendliest and most amazing service as well! The wedding was phenomenal and your cake helped that as well!!! No style over substance here, both were outstanding!!!
    Catherine Married on 09/13/2019

Wish I could have more!!!

Scrumptions is the best! We had an almond cake with caramel buttercream filling for our wedding cake. Best part was being able to have TWO slices!!!!

Unreal.. highly recommend!!! Doesn't hurt that the tasting was so much fun!! In additional to super delicious!!!
  • Katryn Livingston
    Katryn L. Married on 09/07/2019

Delicious and Beautiful

We loved working with Scrumptions for our wedding cake and even added their desert bites as a last minute add on for our reception. Jennifer was very responsive and flexible. Everyone loved the spice cake we selected. Highly recommended!
  • Kim
    Kim Married on 07/19/2019

Delicious and well made!

Our wedding cake was delicious and came out exactly how we envisioned! Our guests loved our cake! Jennifer was great to work with and really listened to our ideas. Our cake tasting was not only delicious, but a great opportunity to ask questions and get ideas. I am looking forward to our anniversary cake already!
  • Vernett
    Vernett Married on 06/21/2019

Delicious no complaints

Our personal cake was Phenomenal guest raves about the cupcakes very impressive thanks for an awesome job
  • GoingGarcia2019
    Stacy Married on 05/25/2019

Beautiful and delicious!

One of the wedding planning aspects that my now-husband was looking forward to the most was cake/dessert tasting, and Scrumptions absolutely exceeded our expectations! We chose to do a small cake for cutting and a variety of desserts for guests. We ended up with cupcakes in three flavors, mini cheesecakes both with and without fruit, chocolate mousse cups, lemon mousse squares, peanut butter brownies, and our cutting cake. We were able to try all of the desserts we were considering, plus others at our tasting. They were also extremely receptive to our desire for chocolate cake while still having a white exterior design, and worked with us to suggest the best way to achieve the look we wanted. I didn't expect to have a strong opinion of what our cutting cake looked like but once I was in the shop looking at the sample designs, I felt very strongly about what I did and didn't want - the end result was perfect!! All of our guests were raving about the desserts, and we fully intend to order from them again for future dessert needs!
    Lindsey Married on 04/13/2019

Beautiful Cake!

Jennifer did such an amazing job on our custom cake. My husband and I compromised and requested the front half of the cake to be traditional and the back half was superhero themed. She did three layers of different superhero logos. It was a showstopper and delicious too!
  • Melissa
    Melissa Married on 10/20/2018

Absolutely perfext

Scrumptions made us the perfect beachy wedding cake! Not only was it beautiful but it tasted amazing! Highly recommend!
  • Laura
    Laura Married on 09/29/2018
    The cake and service provided were wonderful. The most delicious cake and buttercream we had ever tasted.
    Michael Married on 09/22/2018
    They did our wedding cake and desert room at the Aldrich Mansion and it was some of the best desert we have ever had. Our wedding can’t stop raving about it. Great job!
    Meaghan Married on 05/19/2018
    I can't say enough amazing things about Scrumptions. The tasting was awesome (I brought my Dad-the dessert expert.) They were super accommodating and everything was delivered to the venue in time and in perfect condition. We had a small cake and a mini-dessert display. I was afraid I had ordered too many desserts, but everything was so amazing they almost all disappeared by the end of the night!

I cannot wait for our 1st year anniversary cake to be delivered (such an amazing bonus that Scrumptions provides, instead of having to freeze your own to preserve.) I would totally use Scrumptions again, and may just go back for the amazing chocolate mousse cups that my groom fell in love with (and he's not even a big dessert person!)
    Suzanne Married on 04/27/2018
    Scrumptions was one of two places that I could choose from that were included in my venues wedding package. I kept reading amazing things about this place and it wasn't until we were at a bridal expo that I really understood why I was always hearing these great things. Their cakes are amazing! They worked with me on a reasonable design that worked with both of us. When I saw the cake on my wedding day I was so amazed at the talent. I was so happy to have gone with them and work with them.
    Jessica Married on 09/16/2017
    Once we did the cake tasting at Scrumptions, we knew we had to get our wedding cake there. All of the flavors were incredibly DELICIOUS, so we ended up choosing two: Strawberries Champagne and Mocha Hazelnut. Our guests absolutely loved both. We can't recommend Scrumptions enough!
    Courtney Married on 08/19/2017

Delicious Desserts!

I cannot say enough great things about Scrumptions. My husband and I got married in August of 2017 and our dessert table was delicious!! My husband and I wanted to go the non-traditional route and provide our guests with a variety of desserts, rather than just cake. The staff at Scrumptions was incredibly helpful: from scheduling a tasting to helping me choose the best selection of desserts for my guests. Our guests are still raving about our dessert table over a year after our wedding! Don’t look any further, book Scrumptions for you wedding desserts!
    Jennifer Married on 06/23/2017
    Not sure what was better: the way the cake looked or how it tasted. We had the Strawberry Champagne Cake; and it was fantastic. So many of our guests came up to us and told us they hate wedding cake, but they loved this one. I felt the same way when I first did my tasting. The company was great at communicating, very responsive, polite service and punctual delivery.
    Mia Married on 06/10/2017
    My husband and I used Scrumptions Bakery for our wedding on June 10, 2017 at Lake of Isles and we couldn’t have been happier! We chose two different flavors/fillings and were amazed with how it all turned out. Now we’re looking forward to our Anniversary cake!! We would highly recommend using Scrumptions!!
    Kristen Married on 08/19/2016
    The tasting was not only delicious but informative, they were SUPER easy to work with, and the cake looked absolutely amazing...and tasted even better! It may be a tad on the pricey side, it was TOTALLY worth it!