Scratch Weddings Reviews

14 | Long Island City, NY

14 Reviews for Scratch Weddings

Michelle · Married on 07/08/2017

We used Scratch for our wedding at Bedell cellars in July. Two words: DJ TRIFE. He kept the dancefloor packed the entire night. We submitted a list of songs that were current and hit lists, and he put in some oldies for us. The entire room was buzzing about how amazing he was! Friends of ours are looking into places he spins just so they can see him again! We also had guitarists at cocktail hour that were the perfect mood to start the night. Working with Scratch weddings was simple and professional. We had conference calls with our DJ and were able to pick our songs on Music Match- so amazing! Highly recommend DJ Trife!

Sent on 07/14/2017

Kendra · Married on 07/29/2016

Scratch weddings and DJ Trife were outstanding! I was nervous about handling everything via email but Sandra was super thorough, organized, and made the process of finding the best DJ for us easy. DJ Trife was professional, full of energy, and kept our guests dancing ALL night... I got so many compliments on how awesome he was! Highly recommend Scratch weddings and absolutely recommend DJ Trife for anyone who wants their reception to be tailored to their tastes and perfectly executed minus any cheesiness!

Sent on 08/16/2016

Katie · Married on 08/24/2013

Scratch Weddings was such a blessing to have on our wedding day. Sandra (Operations Manager) made planning and choosing the music and DJ for our wedding so easy. We didn't even know where to start with the music since we love so many artists and songs, but Sandra emailed us many choices and worked with us everyday to customize our playlists. On our wedding day, we had DJ Mark, and he was so much fun. My husband and I could not have had more fun at our wedding reception. Mark made sure the playlist went all together, and that all the speeches and toasts were on time. The music for the ceremony was perfect and altogether as well. He is such a talented DJ, as well as a very kind person. We are so blessed to have had DJ Mark and Scratch Weddings for our wedding.

I would highly recommend Scratch Weddings to any and every couple looking for a talented and professional music company. We are so blessed to have had them for our wedding day. Couldn't imagine my wedding day any other way without them.

Sent on 09/29/2013

Jamie-Lee · Married on 04/06/2013

Scratch Weddings was a great choice for our wedding. They were so professional and made things very easy for us during a stressful time. DJ Tracktion was awesome and had everyone on the dance floor all night! We highly recommend Scratch Weddings and DJ Tracktion!

Sent on 04/23/2013

Claudia · Married on 03/08/2013

We just had our wedding at the Brooklyn Winery this past Friday and we hired DJ Alkaline, I was a little bit worried because I am Colombian and I had really specific music on my mind. DJ Alkaline was very receptive, he did everything we asked for and even more! everyone was happy dancing all night long and when the wedding ended all the people were asking for more and more songs, people loved it! If you are looking for a DJ please go to Scratch, they are amazing people.

Sent on 03/11/2013

Jen · Married on 05/05/2012

We used DJ JVC. I would recommend him and SCratch in a heartbeat. The night was flawless. He listened, improvised and was perfect. The day of coordinator Dana was also excellent. They basiucally hold your hand through the process. Zero snagfu's would use again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 05/10/2012

Jamie · Married on 10/02/2011

Working with Scratch Weddings was the least stressful and most fun part of the planning process! Everybody was so helpful and really worked with us to make sure we had exactly what we wanted on our wedding day! The day of our wedding, DJ Trife was totally reading the crowd and playing everything they wanted to hear. Some of my family members didn't sit down the entire evening. He provided the perfect soundtrack to our wedding day and helped to make it as memorable as it was! People are still talking about how awesome the music was!

Sent on 10/26/2011

Mario · Married on 04/30/2011

We had a very positive experience working with Scratch Weddings. From the very beginning we were impressed with their professionalism and response time. Most people have some random old guy with a cheap tuxedo on, and a giant laser light set up - we wanted class, and we chose the right DJ company for the job. Our account manager ensured that we had the right DJ, and they were meticulous about our tastes and how the evening would be planned. DJ Dan was able to incorporate all types of music at the right times to keep the party jumping - he was even able to take our requests on the spot and put it into the mix. The party was so much fun that at the end, the entire party started chanting "one more song" - I had never experienced that before at a wedding, and it just goes to show you that DJ Dan definitely knew what he was doing. I would not hesitate to recommend Scratch to anyone who wants to have a real party, and not just a "wedding reception". It was one part of our wedding that was really stress free - knowing that true professionals were handling the music, and not that random guy with a turntables, lights, and speakers.

Sent on 05/15/2011

Michael · Married on 09/06/2015

I was so nervous about the DJ for our wedding, as I had heard stories about poor DJ's at some other weddings. Be assured that Scratch Wedding - DJ Carver were phenomenal! DJ Carver was professional, thoughtful, and spun one hell of a dance party. He catered and blended what we were looking for and with the crowd that attended our wedding. Guests have said he was one of the best wedding DJs they have heard. Carver seemly blended and transitioned between songs for one long dance session. Look no further, he is your wedding DJ!

Sent on 10/07/2015

Kari · Married on 09/04/2015

DJ Jon Blak was incredible!!! It has been one month since our wedding, and our guests have not stopped raving about how great the music and dancing was all night. I would absolutely recommend him!

Sent on 10/08/2015

Nutan · Married on 08/13/2011

DJ Stef Nava is great! The week before the wedding, we asked her to help us pull together ceremony and cocktail hour music, as well as the music for the reception for the wedding and she brought everything she needed to pull that all together. She was a little late on cueing some entrance music for our bridal party, but she really got the crowd going all night. Our contact Dana was a pleasure to work with as well – very responsive and respectful.

Sent on 09/14/2011

Stephanie · Married on 07/15/2017

We used DJ Marvl for our wedding. He was absolutely fantastic, staying long past the reception into the wee hours of the after party. His musical choices were spot on and he excelled as the emcee for our ceremony and reception. He made zero mistakes. He also rolled with the punches, leading an unexpected dance competition for our friends. He's a total professional. One thing I would examine is Scratch Weddings' practice of orchestrating your phone call with the DJ - it was hard to communicate with him directly, but instead it was done through a Scratch Weddings coordinator. The online music database was a huge help for picking songs and conveying your musical profile to the DJ. I highly recommend this service.

Sent on 01/02/2018

great dj service very approachable and helpful, tailored to your needs

Sent on 10/22/2014

Mrs · Married on 05/13/2011

1.0
      3.5

I choose Scratch Weddings because I wanted something different for my wedding, not the typical wedding music. DJ Vida Ventura played at my wedding. The music started on the wrong foot. It first starting at the Ceremony when the "Wedding March" before the breaking of the glass (a big no-no). Then during the reception, the music was all over the place. It was a mess, when I entered the ballroom, I couldn't even hear the music, it was all muffled. I was upset when I couldn't hear the music peacefully to our first dance. I had to say something to correct the issue, which didn't go over well with the groom and wedding coordinator. DJ was MIA when plates were taken from table and everyone was ready to dance. Very amateurish, no "scratching" or mixing music at my wedding, my Ipod shuffle could have played just as well as her. By the last hour, I noticed all my songs from my list started playing, she tried to squeeze them in at the last minute. It was too late, because cake was served and people started to go home. Boring wedding- everything i didn't want to have. Thank you Scratch Weddings for the most boring wedding of the year. I regret not going with a typical Wedding DJ with the obnoxious MC and spending the extra money. My mistake for trusting Scratch Weddings.

I'm still waiting on a follow-up after addressing my concerns.

Sent on 06/28/2011