78 Reviews for Scott Trugman DJ Services

Do-Not-Play List (5)
One Event Per Day (5)
Liability Insurance (1)
62 Scott Trugman DJ Services Reviews

Scott was the dj for our wedding this past weekend. He was absolutely fabulous! We contacted him to book and he was very responsive. We met with him before hand to go over a schedule and he was incredibly professional and helpful in making sure we had a timeline that would work for our event. When we arrived at our reception after or ceremony he was all set up playing awesome music and continued to impress all night. He was really flexible when we decided to extend our party time. Scott sent us a list of songs beforehand and we selected ones we liked. He was great at gauging our style and playing music that we enjoyed, he also took requests from our guests. If you are looking for a professional, experienced and fun DJ for your event Scott is your guy!!!

Profile Picture User7502314, Recently Married, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Scott made hiring a DJ such an easy task. He knows what he is doing and makes it so easy for the couple and he does a fabulous job. We hired him for our wedding and he worked so hard the whole time and did an excellent job

Profile Picture Heather , 3/2/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Scott was recommended to me by a friend so I scheduled him for a work holiday party. It ended up being the most fun party we'd ever had and now we book him every year! Great playlists and flow!

Profile Picture Melissa, 12/9/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Scott was absolutely amazing! He made the entire process so easy and smooth. He was very organized and made sure me and my wife knew exactly what to do and how the order of events go. I would send him an email and within minutes I would get a response. He made the whole process stress free and we never had to worry about how things were going to go. He is so friendly and overall a very genuine guy, it almost felt like we had known him for years. On our wedding day everything went off without a hitch and he was very flexible with our slight changes to the schedule the day of. His pricing was very reasonable and he played most all of the songs we had requested. We could not have asked for a more perfect DJ and will recommend him ten times over.

Evan and Katelyn

Profile Picture Evan, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

It was such a pleasure to work with Scott! I can't say enough about his professionalism and execution of our entire event. His timing was perfect, the way he guided everyone with the correct information so that everything just flowed was truly impressive. My guests all said they had an amazing and fun time. A bunch people were complimenting us on how well he did. I would recommend Scott to any of my family and friends needing DJ services. You can't go wrong with Scott! He and my wedding planner even caught a last minute discrepancy that he followed up on quickly to make sure everything was exactly the way I wanted it. He played a huge part in the flow and timeline of the event and his guidance and expertise really got us through. Thank you Scott!!

Profile Picture Ariana, 10/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

This is a long overdue review and I apologize for the tardiness of this. Scott is absolutely amazing. We couldn’t have found anyone better than him. He was very professional and helped us put together the wedding of our dreams. He walked us through everything with detail and brought together the songs that were special to us. Scott’s vibe and attention to detail is extraordinary. Scott thank you so much for making our day a very blessed and special day!

Profile Picture James, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Scott was the best DJ ever! Not only was he super responsive, but he was so helpful throughout the entire planning process. Wedding planning can be so stressful, especially when vendors take long periods of time to answer your questions, etc. Not Scott though! He was the only person I could always rely on to have a quick, helpful response. He ensured our playlist was full of all the songs we wanted to hear, and even took our guests requests. If you want a great, personable DJ that you can count on, Scott's your guy!

Profile Picture Tiffany, 9/22/17, 1 Review

Profile Picture Tiffany, 9/22/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Scott was our Dj for our wedding this past weekend. We could not of asked for a better service or person to work with. He is really one amazing person and does a phenomenal job. He made our special day that much more special. Out of all the events we have ever been to no other dj compares. Thanks Scott!!!

Profile Picture Travis, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Such a wonderful DJ he really got everyone into a dancing groove and played nothing but great fun music!

Profile Picture Deanna, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I can't stress enough at how organized and amazing Scott Trugman is! He went above and beyond! He made the wedding such a wonderful spectacle with his combination of effort, hard work, music and catering to how the event will go from start to finish! He plays the right song at the right moments! I found myself and my wife dancing to every song! It was an amazing experience to have such a wonderful and easy going DJ! Thank You Scott and GOD bless you my friend. You're an amazing DJ!

Profile Picture Hieu, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Scott was a great addition to our wedding and helped us host an excellent dance party. Fun and friendly, everyone who interacted with him had nice things to say.
While planning, Scott helped us walk through the songs needed for key points of the day and the general vibe of cocktail hour, dinner, and dance music.
Scott was responsive to our requests and very professional.

Profile Picture Drew, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Hire Scott immediately! I wanted to put that first because I am sure a lot of people do not read the full reviews. Scott was the perfect addition to our wedding. The whole process was organized, professional, friendly and amazing! Scott knows what he is doing and does it exceptionally well. He kept us on track and even sent us reminders about things. Scott was not obtrusive at all during the event and completely stuck with the planned schedule. He played the songs requested and stayed away from the songs we did not want played. If you are looking for a professional, organized, friendly and RESPONSIVE DJ, you found it in Scott Trugman!

Profile Picture Brian, 8/26/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

I usually don't bother to write reviews, but Scott did a perfect job DJ'ing our wedding and I want to spread the word of the wonderful DJ service he provides!
My fiance found Scott Trugman on Thumbtack, she emailed and talked to several other DJ's too, most sounded more like tuned for a college party with lights and other add-ons. After a brief look at Scott's website we got a sense of his calm professionalism and we knew he was going to do a great job.

A few important items to note:
Most important, Scott knows music. We are not musical people, so we needed a DJ that knew what he was doing. We gave him a short list of songs we'd like during the cocktail hour and reception, he read the crowd and chose great music, the dance floor loved every song he was playing all night!
Scott is very patient and is prompt with communication. We emailed back and forth at least a dozen times; we bugged him with changes, with our complicated first dance fade in and fade out, our four ceremony songs, and many other items, and Scott was always happy to help and work with us to make it what we wanted.
Scott arrived early, set up the main equip and speakers by the dance floor, and set up the separate ceremony site. He brought everything he needed and got everything set up very efficiently and quietly.

I can't say enough good things about Scott Trugman DJ Services, he'd be my only recommendation to others and my first call if I need a DJ again.

Profile Picture Mike, 8/13/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Scott was a fantastic DJ for our wedding! He's accommodating, professional, organized, and knows how to get everyone (from my top-40 loving friends to my disco-loving uncle) dancing.

We were looking for someone who could run with an entire night's entertainment with minimal direction. Scott came early and managed the sound system for our outdoor wedding ceremony (including nailing the musical transitions). After that he used a happy hour playlist we created of our favorite songs, then took over all music selections for dinner and dancing. You know you picked great DJ when a wedding guest splits his pants from dancing too hard!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 8/5/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Scott is super professional and organized. I had two calls with him prior to meeting with my "Day of" wedding coordinator. Scott wanted a timeline of the wedding and I hadn't worked all of that out yet with the coordinator. I told the coordinator that Scott had asked for that and she told me she was very impressed with his level of interest in the details. She said that was unusual for a typical DJ.
Scott kept the part going with his great music and accommodated requests from our guest too. My husband and I could not have been more happy with the music for the ceremony and the reception. 5 stars plus!
Scott also provided a hand held microphone for readings during our ceremony and for our toasts. I highly recommend Scott for any event. He will make sure you are as pleased as I am!!

Profile Picture Laura, 7/29/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

In the beginning I was skeptical. I thought a sound system with a playlist would be fine for our wedding. But my friends talked me into it, and I couldn't be happier. Scott got everyone - from the 9 year old to the 60 year olds, dancing their butts off. He was extremely flexible, played all the songs we wanted, and made the night even more memorable.

Profile Picture Jonathan, 7/22/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We really appreciated that Scott anticipated our DJ needs and asked questions we hadn't even thought about! He was extremely helpful, lighting quick at responding to questions, and overall put us at ease. Despite the demands of being the bride and groom, we just couldn't stop dancing! Scott and his assistant were definitely a major part of making our wedding day perfect. Highly recommend.

Profile Picture Ashley, 7/15/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Out of all the people and vendors we hired for our wedding, Scott was our favorite and most valuable component in making it all come together. We had absolutely no idea what we were doing, and he literally walked us through planning the entire night. He helped us answer questions along the way, met with us to coordinate a schedule, offered numbers of other vendors we needed to find, and was incredibly friendly. He even helped us trouble shoot midway through the wedding and work out reception problems as everything was happening. I can honestly say that our wedding was as fun as it was, mostly because of him. HE IS AMAZING. I would give him 10 stars if I could.

Scott, thank you for all your help!! I don't think we couldn't pulled it off without you.

Profile Picture Angie, 7/8/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Scott did a great job as our DJ for our July 1 wedding. He has a very extensive song library is very organized. He sent us his song list in an excel spreadsheet in March and told us to mark the songs we wanted to hear at our wedding with a "1". About 8 weeks before our wedding, he met with us at our local Starbucks where we sat down and went over our first draft of our wedding timeline. He was the first one who helped us create a wedding timeline. We didn't want to dance to the whole song for our first dance, mother/groom dance, and father/daughter dance so he faded out the music at the perfect time. He also did well at staying on schedule according to the timeline. The order in which he decided to play the songs we picked was really great, there were always people dancing and the dance floor was never empty the entire night! He was able to set up a larger DJ set up inside the banquet room in addition to using a speaker to play music during our outdoor cocktail hour. Working with Scott pre-wedding and day of was a wonderful experience. We were never worried about our DJ or the music. Scott is a professional who is also patient, kind and thoughtful. We HIGHLY recommend him!

Profile Picture Anna, 7/1/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, MC, One Event Per Day

Scott was awesome! He was very reliable and made the whole process very easy. Scott made sure we didnt over spend in case our reception didn't last as long. If we wanted him longer he would have stayed. Originally I was thinking of having the night end at 10pm but Scott recommend we reserve him until 9pm in case the reception wouldn't last as long. And Im so glad he recommended it because he was right anf helped us save money! He was great at responding quickly to emails and phone calls. He reminded us to meet with him when the wedding was getting closer to finalize our song choices and go over names of the wedding party. Everyone had so much fun dancing to his style if DJ-ing. He also made sure that our song choices for the reception for open dance floor were played while we attended the reception (instead of away for pictures). He was super helpful, flexible, and very open to trying new things! I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ!

Profile Picture Mary, 6/3/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We had a wonderful experience in working with Scott for our wedding. Scott brought a great professional attitude, was very responsive, and had wonderful suggestions to help guide us through the best song choices for our ceremony & reception. His quick responses and communication put us at ease.

On our wedding day, Scott arrived to the venue early to setup gear and worked diligently throughout the evening to ensure everything went without hitch or worry. He also worked very well with our wedding coordinators, proactively checking with them throughout the night to ensure everyone was in alignment.

Our guests mentioned they loved the song selection and variety as well. We requested a few songs that weren't originally on his list, and he acquired them without hesitation for our big day.

Scott's fantastic - we can't say enough good things!

Profile Picture Dan, 5/20/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Stop looking for a DJ and hire Scott right now. Seriously. He did our music for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception which was all just perfect. Guests were actually cheering for more and continue to talk about how fun and kind the DJ was. What was so awesome about working with Scott though (in addition to his actual DJ skills) was how thoughtful and organized he is. He helped us plan out how we wanted the night to go which was incredibly helpful since we didn't realize how clueless we were about some key points. He has a huge selection of music and is very willing to add any extra songs you want to hear. He is patient, flexible, and really down to earth. Working with Scott was such a joy. I hope you get to work with him!

Profile Picture Kristen, 4/29/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Scott is a great dj! There were so many compliments. People thought we must've known him personally because he was so organic and considerate of us and the entire crowd.

Profile Picture Kristen , 3/25/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We hired Scott for my daughter's wedding without knowing anything about him. I can honestly say that this was one of the best investments we made. He was friendly but professional at the same time. He did exactly what we asked of him and we had people dancing that haven't danced in years. His price can't be beat, and we felt guilty afterwards because his service was worth far more than we paid. My only regret is that we won't be communicating with him now and will really miss him since he became a part of our "Wedding family" now that our day is over. He was a huge part of making the most important day of my daughter's life so special and memorable,. We can't thank him enough for his easy going nature and his willingness to fulfill all of our needs. I'm not one to dish out compliments unless they are sincerely deserved. In my family's opinion if you are looking for a DJ, look no further, Scott is your man and it's an investment I guarantee you will not regret.

Profile Picture Heifi, 11/19/16, 1 Review