Scott Shaw Productions - DJ Entertainment Reviews

48 Reviews for Scott Shaw Productions - DJ Entertainment

1 User photo

Scott Shaw Productions - DJ Entertainment 1

Gayle · Married on 06/23/2013

Scott was fantastic!! He has a website that made choosing music for the wedding ceremony and reception so easy. When I could not choose any more songs, he stepped in and filled in the blanks. Everyone one at the party had a great time and he kept the night rocking. Thank you Scott for making my special day special and a lot of fun!

Sent on 07/01/2013

Johannes · Married on 05/18/2013

We are thrilled that we hired Scott Shaw Productions for entertainment/music at both the Ceremony and the reception.

What we got was far more than music and entertainment; we also received a flurry of great ideas and peace of mind. Before meeting with Scott my wife and I were overwhelmed with everything that needed to be done. Scott not only helped with getting the Wedding in order including sheets that helped us organize all our vendors and plans, but gave us many new ideas that we had not thought of. We were presented with ways to involve our guests other than just throwing them a fun dance party at the reception. We were shown names of apps that we could have our guests download and games that we could play with our guests. We feel this gave us much more entertainment value and made the guests really feel like they were part of our wedding celebrations rather than just attending them.

The music and ambience was great! My wife and I had no idea what we wanted save for a select few songs, so after giving Scott the names of a few songs and bands we had our on Pandora playlists, he was able to pick the perfect songs for each and every moment of the reception.

All in all I don't think the wedding would have been nearly as successful as it was without Scott and my family and new in-laws are still talking about how much fun they had and its been three weeks since the wedding.

Sent on 06/04/2013

Amanda · Married on 04/06/2013

We ended up planning a wedding in less than 3 months, and were scrambling to find a DJ when we found Scott. Scott was from the very beginning incredibly professional and thorough. He had wonderful online tools that allowed my planning of the event to go so smoothly, and allowed for easy communication with him. He followed up throughout my planning and made sure to take into account our preferences in all aspects of his job -even on things that I had not considered having personalized.
    He went over the top in his preparations, and was in contact with our other vendors to make sure that he could help coordinate the days events smoothly.
    One the day of the wedding, Scott did not miss a beat when things were running behind schedule and he improvised when necessary. He was a huge hit with our guests and we received many compliments about how funny and personable he was. We played the Newly Wed game & it was hilarious - I would definitely recommend it. We also had Scott provide a photobooth for us, and our guests loved it. People were running to get in line at the photobooth, and some of our guests were wearing the props onto the dance floor.... and doing the Harlem Shake... Overall it was hilarious.
    Thanks to Scott, our wedding flowed seamlessly, and we were able to incorporate all of the events that we desired. I would highly recommend Scott Shaw as he is a fantastic DJ who obviously is in this business because he loves people and he loves to entertain.

Sent on 04/18/2013

Amanda,
    Thank you for all your kind words. You were a pleasure to work with, and you're guests were a pleasure to interact with. I had a wonderful time providing your services, and I'm so glad that everyone enjoyed themselves!

This DJ is AMAZING!!! I enjoyed working with him!!!

Sent on 03/27/2013
  • User2974905 · event on 12/29/2012

Scott was personable, helpful and quite entertaining! We all had a great time dancing. I gave him a short playlist, and he added to it after he saw what the crowd responded to best. Took several requests with no problem. He was a welcome addition to our party!

Sent on 01/12/2013

Mary Beth · Married on 12/01/2012

I LOVED Scott Shaw as our wedding DJ. He was extremely organized and played the exact music my husband and I wanted. He was very attentive and asked my guests for any requests they may have. He kept me on track in terms of time and kept the party going.

Sent on 12/03/2012

Caroline · Married on 10/20/2012

Scott was absolutely amazing, We could not have asked for a better DJ. We played the "Top 10" game and the "Newlywed game" and those were so much fun .. people at our wedding are still talking about how fun and unique that was to include those in the reception. Scott played all types of music that we asked for and he really knew how to entertain our guests and get the party started. We would recommend Scott to anyone and everyone. We wish we could have a party with him every year!! Everyone at our wedding loved Scott and the music that he played, he really got the party started and keep it going. He has a great personality and is very easy to work with, and he was also very easy to get a hold of and communicate with during the wedding planning process. We were even surprised after the wedding with a DVD which included our wedding music on it and he also included several personal letters/cards thanking us for doing business with him ... He is the one that needs to be thanked, He was absolutely perfect. 5 stars!!!! Thank you so much Scott!!
    -Caroline & Brandon Newton

Sent on 11/20/2012
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 06/28/2012

When we started planning our wedding, a DJ was first on the list of items we decided to skip. We figured an iPod would do the trick, on a small budget, we were trying to keep things as low cost as possible. Our day-of coordinator persuaded us to talk to Scott, and I am so glad she did!! He was hands down responsible for the amazing energy through out our reception. He listened to us throughout our consultation process, took the time to get to know us as a couple, and used that to create an amazing experience for everyone on our day. Best decision we made, easily.

Sent on 07/11/2012

Scott Shaw Productions - DJ Entertainment's reply:

Thank You Laura! You guys made it easy ... you had so many creative ideas, which made putting your evening together very fun for me. I'm telling everyone about your programs and your great grand entrance input. Congratulations once again!

Caroline · Married on 06/17/2012

I highly recommend Scott. He is fun and extremely organized. He did a great job with the music for the ceremony and with the microphones. He also was open to my non-traditional wedding and kept the music going. We danced all night until the end. My reception was happy and fun and a large part of that was because of Scott!

Sent on 06/25/2012

Scott Shaw Productions - DJ Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Caroline! You were a pleasure to work with, and your "non-traditional" requests made it all the more enjoyable. Your unique music selections made the evening personal and fun, and your friends and family were a joy to entertain. Congratulations once again!
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 04/02/2012

Scott Shaw Productions did an amazing job on our ceremony and reception! We would higly recommend him for other weddings or events.
    He is very organized and helpful and really made our special day a day we will never forget!
    Thanks Scott,
    Eric and Jessica Bridges

Sent on 04/18/2012

Lisa · Married on 03/10/2012

Scott was absolutly wonderful. I honestly believe he made my daughters wedding a wonderful experience for everyone. If there is one area that you feel needs to be downsized...do not let it be your Dj if you use Scott.

Sent on 06/28/2012

Scott Shaw Productions - DJ Entertainment's reply:

Thank you once again for making me a part of Katelyn's wedding celebration. I was glad to be a part of it!

Lara · Married on 09/04/2011

Scott Shaw was an amazing DJ! He made us feel comfortable with him from our very first meeting. What we wanted, he made happen. We left most things up to him as the expert, but Scott called me on several occasions to ask questions, take notes, etc about how I envisioned my night and what I wanted to see happen. He kept our wedding guests on the dance floor from the first song to the last song. I would recommend him to anyone in the Myrtle Beach area, OR to anyone like me, who planned their Myrtle Beach wedding from afar. He made it so easy!

Sent on 10/03/2011

James · Married on 10/09/2010

Steve Calfee with Robert Shaw Productions provided the musical accompaniment for our wedding in October 2010. He did an unbelievable job with our processional and recessional which included "A Little Help from My Friends" and "All You Need Is Love". He provided a beautiful soundtrack for our guests while they waited for the ceremony to start. Steve also played for our guests during a brief cocktail hour while we had our pictures done. We received numerous praise for having such a talented musician. Steve was more then a typical DJ it wasn't just playing from CD Steve actually played guitar and sung the songs himself. Steve is an amazing musician and singer.

Steve also did us the honor of playing our first dance song, "I've Had The Time Of My Life". It was such a special privilege to have such a talented, live musician make that moment so unique for us.

Sent on 06/08/2014

Katelyn · Married on 05/30/2014

Scott did an amazing job at my wedding, not only was the music professional and high quality Scott was a great cm and kept the night flowing naturally.! Without him and my
    Other vendors my night would have been nothing like t was. He did more than I could have ever asked for and defiantly helped keep the stress off me!!! Took charge and was very professional

Sent on 07/25/2014

Kimberlee · Married on 10/20/2012

My husband and I hired Steve Calfee to be the "Master of Ceremonies" and DJ for our daughter's beachfront wedding. Steve coordinated all the announcements interspersed with fabulous music my daughter helped select. He had a great voice and wonderful rapport with the our guests. Steve kept everyone energized & dancing throughout the evening. I would highly, highly recommend him for your wedding or event!

Sent on 05/19/2014

Rebecca · Married on 05/09/2018

Scott was fantastic and professional. My guests continued to come up to me throughout our wedding to tell me he was great. Having him there pulled all the pieces together to make the wedding flow just right and fun. Everything I asked for he made it happen. Thanks Scott, you're the best!

Sent on 05/10/2018

Michele · Married on 05/16/2015

Scott Shaw and his team are The BOMB!!!!!! We had an amazing time dancing to all our favorite hits, and the photo booth was packed all night and worth the money. Scott surprised us with awesome gifts, to remember our special time with all of our friends and family. We were presented with a photo album with notes written in it from our guests, and a disc of all the photo booth pictures. Our guest loved that they got their pictures on the spot, and we loved our name and date was on the bottom for them to remember our special day. Scott and his staff were so professional and created such a fun evening for us to remember forever. We 110% recommend Scott Shaw productions for your DJ needs.

Sent on 06/20/2015

Scott and his team did a great job with our wedding reception! Our guests had so much fun dancing and Scott really kept the party going. The photo booth was so much fun and his team did a great job managing it. All our guests loved their pictures from the booth and talked about how much fun it was to take the pictures.

Sent on 05/07/2014

Courtney · Married on 04/18/2015

3.0

I have to admit that I hate to write a bad review because all in all I was very happy with the service that was provided, however, when I sent in my deposit the check was lost and I called and e-mailed and didn't hear anything for a few days. I sent in the check again but not sure if that was what I should have done... the only other small thing that surprised me was that I was not told until the week before the wedding that we would be having a separate DJ than Scott Shaw himself, we ended up having DJ Steve who did a wonderful job!

The website that came up with a time line was very good and I liked that there were options to choose from for songs as I am not a music-savvy person.

The photo booth was a big hit! It was closed during the prime parts of the reception such as dinner, speeches and special dances but otherwise was open during the drinks and dancing. There is a separate person that comes with the DJ to run the photo booth so you don't have to worry about guests not knowing what to do. They also put together a custom scrap book of the photo strips for us and sent us a CD with the individual pictures that we could print off at a later date. It is awesome and I loved having the photo booth!!

Sent on 04/30/2015

Played the songs too fast for the entry of the mothers, groom, bridesmaids and bride. Also had a visit from the cops saying neighbors complained about the noise level of the music during the reception. I think they were just being nosy.

Sent on 06/04/2013

Jenny · Married on 06/13/2015

3.6
      3.0

We hired Scott Shaw to DJ our wedding in June 2015, in Southport NC.

Positives: Scott was very responsive & answered all questions in detail. He was very open to our very specific requests & music tastes. He was very knowledgeable in setting up microphones for ceremony & overall the sound was good. I sent him a playlist for cocktail hour & music to play during dinner & he played the songs & genres as requested. Scott was a nice, friendly guy & didn’t try to speak too much & just played music, which is what we wanted.

Negatives: Scott was very open to our requests & attentive to genres we discussed & we sent very detailed emails about songs for our dances. We changed the mother/son dance song a couple weeks prior to the wedding & confirmed the change over the phone, but Scott played the wrong song during the wedding. Mistakes happen, so it wouldn’t have been a big deal, except he messed up our intro song as well.

Other than playing the wrong songs for our dances, I’d say the biggest negative was awkward silence in between songs. We were introduced, walked in to a song & then he announced our first dance. There was a good 20 seconds of dead silence, with us just standing there in front of everyone, before our first dance song started to play. It seems to be an equipment issue, in that a traditional DJ can queue up the next song to have a seamless transition. Scott didn’t seem to have this capability.
    During the reception, I left the “dancing” music up to Scott's discretion, as I knew there would be requests. I sent him some artists & a few songs to play, which I think he did for the most part. The songs he played at his discretion were not ideal/did not really get the crowd dancing.

Overall, Scott was a super nice guy, asked a lot of questions & was detail oriented, which we like, but in the end the execution was not great.

Sent on 07/20/2015

3.5
      2.5
      3.0

Scott and his team did a good job of capturing moments during our reception in the photos I've seen. Most of the night we had tons of people on the dance floor. However, my fiance and I spent a long time making lists of 'must play' and 'do not play' music which was added to the wedding portal that he requested we fill out. Very little of that was followed - while I respect his knowledge of wedding type music that gets people dancing, we made those lists for a reason and really wish more of the music we requested to hear was played. Also, the majority of the reception was spent with him tracking us down if we stepped away to say hi to anyone to tell us it was time for another 'event'. While I understand we listed specific things we would like to do during the reception my opinion would be to defer to whatever instruction the bride and groom give in that moment as opposed to interrupting them repeatedly and demanding they come back to the dance floor when trying to thank guests for coming. With that said, we're the only ones who noticed it wasn't the music we requested and that we kept being pulled away so as a whole it was a positive experience but if you're specific about your request list I would be very vocal about that.

Sent on 04/22/2016

3.0

Didn't listen to all of requests. Our guest weren't too impressed.

Sent on 01/20/2016