Schweizer & Dykstra Beautiful Flowers Reviews

Schweizer & Dykstra Beautiful Flowers 2
Schweizer & Dykstra Beautiful Flowers 3
Schweizer & Dykstra Beautiful Flowers 4

Madeline · Married on 04/04/2014

The crew at Dykstra's are the best... from start to finish from the time you walk in the door to talk about your dream flowers, to the expertise and advice, to there friendly and fun take on things they make the whole experience a true pleasure. My Daughter and I could not have asked for a more beautiful floral dream than what they provided. The bouquets, centerpieces and floral fireplace mantel were above and beyond, abundant and beautiful.. The flowers lasted not only the evening but the arrangements we were able to take home lasted well into the week after the wedding and were able to enjoy them... There is no doubt that there expertise made that possible. Thank you to all of you !!! My Dykstra Divas

Sent on 04/20/2014

Kristen · Married on 04/04/2014

Can't say enough good things about these girls. They are fantastic!! So much fun to work with, reasonibly priced and will work to make your vision a reality. Will be using them for all my flower needs and absolutely recommend them to all our friends and family!!

Sent on 04/21/2014

Barbara · Married on 10/05/2013

I can't even begin to describe how happy I am with Dykstra Florist. From the second I walked into the shop, MariEllyn took the best care of me. After being to many other florists and not having them listen to anything I wanted, I felt so much more comfortable with MariEllyn. She asked me for specifics of what I liked and wrote down every detail, as well as, asked for pictures which she printed as reference. She asked for my budget and worked to cut costs with me wherever we could. She was also very patient with me when I changed my mind about my arrangements.

I felt like I had complete trust in MariEllyn and I'm glad I did! Leading up to the event MariEllyn sent me pictures of what the arrangements were going to look like. They were amazing! The day of our wedding I saw the flowers and started crying with joy. They were so much more beautiful then I ever could have imagined! Dykstra Florist has found a long life customer in me.

Thank you MariEllyn for making our day so special!

Sent on 10/24/2013

Heather · Married on 07/26/2013

The flowers for our wedding were stunning! The staff at Dykstra's went above and beyond to create the most beautiful bouquets, boutonnieres, and corsages. Our color scheme was a little difficult, but they were able to pull off the flower colors perfectly. They also work with your budget, which was a great plus!

Sent on 07/31/2013

Richard · Married on 07/26/2013

Dykstra florist did a excellent job on making our day very special Thank you so much Heather & Rich Bihler.

Sent on 08/02/2013

Adam · Married on 11/17/2012

I just loved working with Caryl and MariEllyn. From the beginning, they bought into and got excited about my vision and extended it into something great. I wanted something a bit eclectic (all centerpieces were a little different) and wanted blues and teals (not exactly standard flower colors), but they were full of ideas and creativity. Even when their greenhouse got destroyed by Hurricane Sandy just two weeks before, they were out working and refused to be slowed down. They also have the cutest and friendliest Burmese Mountain Dog puppy. The final products looked just like I had envisioned, and I got compliments on the bouquets especially all night. Dykstra took the time to get a feel for me and my style, rather than just demanding specific details, but they also including any specific flowers I liked. It was my ideal of what working with an artisan should be. Prices were also very reasonable, they did a mock-up for us and were great about adjusting the arrangements from our feedback, and communicating with them was always a pleasure. Even when I just stopped by randomly, they always made me feel welcome and valued.

Sent on 04/08/2013

Amy · Married on 11/04/2012

MaryEllen and her group were absolutely amazing from our first visit to discuss flowers/colors to our visit to preview our planned floral pieces to the day of our wedding. Dykstra Florist provided incredible service, professionalism, and attention to detail, all the while working within our budget. I would reccomend Dykstra to anyone and only wish I had another event coming up so I could work with them again!

Sent on 04/20/2013

Dykstra florist is a wonderful place to use for all your wedding flowers! The team of ladies that run the business are such wonderful women. They kept in contact with me and no problem changing any of my order as I got closer to my wedding date. Their prices were very reasonable and they will work with you to meet your budget!

Sent on 11/24/2012

I loved everything about this place from the moment I walked in for the first appointment. They were the third florist shop that I had went to, and after a few minutes I realized I had found the place I was going to be getting all my flowers and table arrangements from! The people there are so nice and outgoing. The had great suggestions based on what they heard me say I liked. The thing that I loved most was that we gave them a budget of what we were thinking about spending, and with in hours of leaving there the first time, we received a phone call of what the cost would be for everything. That was something no other florist did for us!!! The second time I went there, it was like months had not passed. They remembered everything about the first time we met, something I take into high consideration after meeting so many different people for my wedding. The day of my wedding, the showed up and put everything together, from the chuppa, to the table arrangements. Everything was BEAUTIFUL!! I highly recommend Dykstra's Florist and Greenhouse for any upcoming events anyone might have!

Sent on 04/15/2013

Alison · Married on 07/07/2012

We loved working with Dykstra for our wedding. They completely understand my vision for my wedding and they executed it flawlessly. We loved how the bouquets, centerpieces and ceremony flowers and arch turned out. They did an amazing job with everything and really listened to what we wanted. We highly recommend them!

Sent on 08/10/2012

Clarissa · Married on 09/17/2011

Absolutely amazing! Planning a wedding can be one of the most overwhelming tasks and the staff at Dykstra's Florist made it the best experience ever! Their passion and excitement was conveyed in their beautiful work and they really go above and beyond in every aspect! Our guests were floored by the arrangements and I couldn't be happier! They are hands down, the best around! It was a pleasure working with them and I am truly grateful for all their hard work. You don't come across a better group of people (vendors) that often and they'll leave you smiling at every turn.

Sent on 01/09/2012

Sue · Married on 04/02/2011

Mary Ellen and Carol quickly became my new best friends as soon as we met. These ladies are fun, sweet, and really know what they are doing. I LOVED my bouquet, it was exactly what I had asked for and it looked stunning. All of the bridesmaids and maid of honor's bouquets were also very beautiful.
    I would have liked a few more flowers on the cake (but it still looked very nice and it had the elegant look we were going for), and the price in the end was a little bit more than we were originally planning on spending, but to be honest, I dropped off a ton of stuff for them to do just a few days before the wedding, and their work was worth every penny I paid because they made everything look wonderful.
    I was so happy and excited when I walked into the church, and then again when I walked into the reception. Mary Ellen and Carol, We can't thank you enough -- for being so laid back, for meeting with us whenever we could make it up to Spring Valley (no matter what time of night, even after closing), answering all our questions, for setting up EVERYTHING, for taking care of all my crazy "do it yourself" projects, for making this decision one of the easiest ones I had to make, and for coming through on your word and making everything look absolutely beautiful. You're both amazing ladies.
    Do yourself a favor and meet with Mary Ellen and Carol. They are willing to work with you, and give you some peace of mind that everything will look great.

Sent on 04/22/2011
  • Nataly

Nataly · Married on 08/21/2010

I just have to thank these wonderful women for making my day so special and taking the stress of my back!!!!!! They are the best and they work with your budget, no matter how low your budget is they will make the event look beautiful and they went above and beyond of what I asked for!!!!! I love these ladies and whenever I need flowers or any future events this place will forever be my 1st choice!!! My husband and I will forever thank you!!!

Sent on 01/13/2012

Joanna · Married on 04/30/2010

The ladies were creative and get to know what you want. They did a wonderful job.

Sent on 05/10/2010

Alyssa · Married on 09/26/2009

We were originally planning on doing the flowers ourselves. A few months out we decided to get an estimate to see the price difference and I am so happy we did. While our centerpieces weren't anything too difficult (submerged orchids in cylinder vases) their pricing could not be beat and was completely worth the ease of mind in not having to do it ourselves. I showed them a picture of a bouquet that I liked and they recreated it perfectly. They substituted a few of the flowers out from the original picture to work within our budget and the results were truly amazing. We worked with Carol and Mary Ellen and they were both super-friendly, organized and creative.

Sent on 11/01/2009

gerri · event on: 03/09/2014

MariEllen and her staff were a pleasure to work with!

Sent on 04/21/2014

Diane · event on: 06/08/2014

When I walked into the grand ballroom at the Hilton Pearl River, I was awed! The beautiful centerpieces and the other decorations were truly stunning -- simple but stunning -- simply stunning. Everyone commented on how beautiful the flowers were. It got a little ugly at the end of the night with folks trying to get their hands on a centerpiece to take home. Thank you so much for making our event a truly special one!

Sent on 06/10/2014

Mary · event on: 06/08/2014

Excellent team to work with. Creative, attentive, high-quality and responsive to all needs.
    Understands the importance of value when running fund-raising events.
    I would recommend to friends and colleagues.

Sent on 06/23/2014

Elmy · Married on 09/04/2015

Caryl was very helpful and knew exactly what we wanted.

Sent on 09/17/2015

dan · Married on 07/17/2017

We had a great experience with her. She was very accommodating to our last minute requests. and would highly recommend her.

Sent on 08/22/2017

KAREN · Married on 04/17/2018

1.8
      1.0
      3.0
      1.0
      2.0
      2.0

I ORDERED 2 ITEMS FOR A DEATH IN A FAMILY. ORDERED A PLANT FLORAL ARRANGEMENT AND RECEIVED A VERY SMALL BASKET WITH LESS ITEMS IN IT THAN I WAS TOLD I WOULD RECEIVE. ALSO REPLACED SOME ITEMS WITH FLOWERS THAT WOULD DIE WITHIN A FEW DAYS. IT WAS NOTHING LIKE WHAT I ORDERED. AFTER SPEAKING WITH THE REPRESENTATIVE OF THE BUSINESS, THEY OFFERED TO SEND A PEACE LILY. VERY SMALL FOR WHAT I PAID FOR IT. WOULD NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY AGAIN. ALSO, PURCHASED A FRUIT BASKET THAT WAS NOT UP TO PAR. SMALL FOR PRICE PAID.

Sent on 04/17/2018