Schiemer Entertainment Services Reviews

Schiemer Entertainment Services 1
Schiemer Entertainment Services 2
Schiemer Entertainment Services 3

Claire · Married on 06/12/2010

Eric was amazing and by far the most professional DJ we have ever heard. In reality, he was probably the most professional person we hired! This man is born to DJ!! I have never been treated with so much respect and care from a vendor as I was from Eric. Every song he chose was just right and his upbeat and generally approachable attitude made him a joy to be around. I would recommend him to anyone for anything...not just DJing. Seriously..if you are bored and just want to talk to someone, I'd recommend him. Eric, you were absolutely wonderful and I wish you the best of luck! Eric worked with us to make sure all the songs at the reception fit our personalities as well as those of our guests. Thanks again Eric, you were truly wonderful!!!

Sent on 06/19/2010
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 06/05/2010

While I was exceptionally pleased with all of my vendors, hiring Eric as our DJ was by FAR the best investment we made in the planning of our wedding!!! I can't say enough good things about this DJ, and would give him 15 stars if the website would allow it! I learned about Eric by reading all of the wonderful reviews by other Pittsburgh brides here at WeddingWire, and although we had never seen him in action, we knew within 5 minutes of meeting him that he was the right DJ for us. He immediately put us at ease and assured us that his top priority was to make our wedding exactly what we wanted it to be. In addition to his energetic personality and impressive sincerity, Eric offers a really great system through his website, allowing brides and grooms to select as many (or as few) songs as they like, for everything from pre-ceremony music to the last dance of the night. We chose to pick a few songs that we knew we wanted to hear, and let Eric work his magic from there... and he did just that! Our dance floor was full all night with guests of all ages, and at the end of the night (despite a cranky shuttle driver waiting in the wings!), no one was ready to leave the dance floor. In addition to our reception, we also hired Eric to do our ceremony music. He embraced our quirky (read: weird) requests for ceremony music and offered plenty of suggestions on how to make it work. The ceremony ended up being absolutely perfect, and having meaningful music played tastefully during those moments is something I will remember forever. Eric also helped us to design our bridal party intro to "Renegade" with 130 guests cheering and waving Terrible Towels as we made our entrance. We knew it had the potential to either be horribly cheesy or totally awesome... and sure enough, Eric nailed it and people are STILL talking about our big introduction! Eric is more than just a DJ... he also acted as a wedding planner, a day-of coordinator, a source of moral support, and, by the end of the night, a trusted friend. Despite several obstacles on my "big day" (rained-out outdoor ceremony, red wine spillage on the dress by drunken family members... you name it, it went wrong), at the end of the night, I couldn't have asked for a more amazing and perfect wedding... and I owe so much of that to Eric. I had at least 20 comments on how wonderful our DJ was, and one of my engaged guests actually emailed me yesterday for his contact information because she was so impressed. Eric is truly exceptional at what he does, and judging from the other reviews on this site and others, he has created a lot of special moments for a lot of happy brides. I would ABSOLUTELY recommend Eric's services to anyone and everyone. Do yourself and your guests a favor and hire this guy before someone else does!!!

Sent on 06/11/2010

Laura · Married on 05/15/2010

Any future bride that is considering Schiemer Entertainment Services as your DJ - GO WITH HIM! He made us happy beyond belief. We met with a number of DJ's. Every bride wants their wedding to be perfect. The DJ and music can make or break the night. I can not begin to tell you how EXCELLENT he was in every single way. First, he listed to our concerns and did exactly what we asked - regarding everything from introduction pronunciations to the exact music that was played. Second, he is on top of everything, EVERY little detail. He was an integral part of the planning of our wedding reception. He went above and beyond to make sure our other vendors were up-to-date with our wedding time line and important details of our wedding. Third, he was helpful beyond belief. He made suggestions that we would have never thought of - and are so glad that he did. Fourth, he was the most professional, pleasant, and hard-working vendor we had ever met. He truly cares about making your wedding reception a success. He will not let you down and when your big night is over, you will keep on thinking, "I am SO glad that we decided on him." I said that over and over again to my husband, and my husband always says, "I'd give him the highest recommendation to anyone." Trust me, I am a very particular person. Like I mentioned, we had met with quite a number of DJ's. It was one of, if not the best, wedding decision we made to have him as our DJ. The list of positive feedback could go on and on. You will NOT be disappointed.

Sent on 06/08/2010

Kevin · Married on 04/17/2010

I can't say enough positive things about Eric's service at Kim and I's wedding! We found out about Eric from a referral, my brother's wedding he played about a year or two before ours. After the initial meeting with him, Kim and I said to each other that we should have just brought our deposit then. His willingness to work with us to play whatever we wanted, or just pick songs that were appropriate was great. I can't say enough about the video he put together about a day after the wedding, which was unbelieveable. I would definitely recommend Eric for anyone's wedding, large or small to make their perfect day! Kevin Kropf, married April 17, 2010.

Sent on 05/11/2010

toni · Married on 10/24/2009

Eric was the DJ at my sons wedding on 10-24-09, he was great. Our family loves to dance and he made sure we were up there dancing all night long. He was kind and very professional. I would recommend him to anyone who wants to have a good time.Thanks Eric for making our night special!

Sent on 10/25/2009

Jason · Married on 10/24/2009

I would not want any other DJ to do my wedding after the night we just had. It was great and the music was awesome. He took our suggestions and filled in the gaps perfectly. He kept the night going and let the music do the work. The dance floor was packed all night and he was a very enthusiastic and professional DJ. Can't go wrong with his service.

Sent on 10/25/2009

Hunt · Married on 10/24/2009

Eric played great music all night. The dance floor was consistently packed. The big test was when my cousin requested the microphone and Eric gave it up...lol. We had the mic for several songs which for my family is a sign of a good DJ :)

Sent on 10/27/2009

Jessica · Married on 10/17/2009

Eric DJ'd our October 2009 wedding. He was AWESOME! He was technolgically savy and very professional! With him running the show that night everything ran smoothly and we were able to relax and enjoy the party. I would highly recommended his services!!!!!

Sent on 11/30/2009

Meghan · Married on 10/10/2009

Eric is amazing!

We had no hesitation about using Eric as our DJ, especially after attending the phenomenal weddings of two friends that also used him as their DJ.

He was able to make so many customizations for our playlist and he never once made me feel like I was asking too much of him. He was prompt in responding to any request I had and he was able to provide advice when I asked.

He goes above and beyond in so many little ways and it makes things that much nicer. The photos that he took and used in the montage (which was done the next day!) were the first photos that we saw and we were able to share them with family and friends. We also received compliments from our guests regarding the music selection and almost everyone danced all night.

All around, he is excellent. It's obvious that he likes what he does and he works hard to make sure it's a perfect day for everyone involved.

Sent on 12/01/2009

jenn · Married on 06/20/2009

We really loved Eric! He was perfect: professional, enthusiastic, tech-savvy, and most importantly, really seemed to care about our wedding. I loved his website where we could create playlists of our own songs, fill out our wedding info, and make payments - plus, he had a ton of music that other DJ's might not have. Eric was always so quick to respond to any questions - even the million I had in the days leading up to the wedding. He was also upbeat, got to know us, and took a ton of pictures of us on our wedding day that we loved looking at before our official photos came out. Would recommend him to anybody looking for a fun, classy DJ for their big day!

Sent on 10/02/2009

Emily · Married on 06/13/2009

Eric was such a great part of our wedding day, not to mention the 8 months leading up to it! He was professional, friendly, and honest at all times. He always helped with decisions and was ALWAYS genuine. Any fears you had about a wedding DJ can be forgotten if you go with Schiemer Entertainment Services. We even still keep in contact with Eric and will always consider him apart of our lives!

Sent on 10/14/2009

Amber · Married on 05/30/2009

Eric was wonderful to work with! Very flexible with music played. He definitely got the crowd dancing... and kept the mood all night. His website is a wealth of great tools for picking music selections- an added bonus! We were so blessed to have him be such a big part of our special day.

Sent on 10/04/2009
  • F

James · Married on 11/15/2008

I can not say enough about the service provided by Eric Schiemer! He was a wonderful vendor to deal with during the planning process. His website is easy to use and very helpful in selecting that perfect song - it also helps a bride ensure that all of the elements she wants in her reception are not over looked. Eric was available during the planning session to consult with us personally as well - we planned from a distance and Eric made himself available via phone to help us in the creative process of song selection! He brings great equipment and sets up well in advance to ensure there are no issues. He also (with permission) takes photos during the event and posts to his blog - this was great as our friends were able to view and share pictures within a few days of our wedding (everyone knows how long the photography takes!). He also places your playlist on his website - which is a great memory of the night. He has a wonderful personality - keeps the event moving and is not an over the top cheesy DJ. He was aware of the age diversity of guests and selected just the right mix of songs to keep everyone happy and having a wonderful time! We highly recommend Schiemer Entertainment Services!!!!!

Sent on 12/28/2008

James · Married on 09/20/2008

Eric was just the best! With our wedding, we worked with the normal different vendors (photo / DJ / catering / flowers / venue / etc / etc.) I can honestly say that all said and done, the only vendor we couldn't even fine one little gripe or problem with, and the only one I would write such a positive review for, was Eric. He was a professional all the way around. Any idea or thought we had and he was very quick with a "oh sure, not a problem at all". We wanted a little more reserved DJ who wasn't going to start doing karaoke and dancing in our wedding (both of which I have seen at other weddings I attended) of which Eric understood completely. Not only was the service great and we had a blast with the music selection, he played all of our picks and, ultimately, turns the control over to you during the wedding to say if he was to take requests, not play certain songs, etc etc. If you have an odd song you want, he will make sure he gets it and picking stuff through his website is a breeze and covers details we didn't even think of. It's hard to describe, but he hit a perfect "there but not IN-YOU-FACE-THERE" feel that we were going for during the reception. Finally, after everything was over, we got some high-res photos from him that were really really nice and great "icing on the cake". When people are planning their wedding, the only service I feel comfortable enough recommending (since I don't want to be the one who referred a vendor that messed up the big day!) is Eric!

Sent on 10/02/2009

Ellen · Married on 08/31/2008

Eric the DJ was THE BEST! He truly made our night that much more special, and also easy and stress free. He seemed to go above and beyond everything that he had promised in our meetings and everybody loved him! I would ABSOLUTELY tell a friend! He was soo flexible and was a great trouble shooter! We Loved Him!!

Sent on 09/04/2008

Lisa · Married on 08/02/2008

Eric was a true blessing to have at our wedding! He was involved from the minute he arrived until the last guest left. Eric made sure that every song that my husband and I requested was played. He was great entertainment and a became an honest friend by the time our wedding came around. He was always there for us when we had a question or just wanted to chat about how excited we were about the wedding. I would recommend Eric The DJ without ANY hesitation to the next bride and groom!

Sent on 08/04/2008

Amie · Married on 07/19/2008

Eric the DJ was absolutely wonderful! From our initial interview with him, to even after the wedding, we were very impressed by Eric's quality of service. We had a few unique requests (my grandfather sang at our wedding, as did a "band" of my father and some other friends) and Eric was very happy to help us with these, as well as offer his equipment and knowledge to make it all work out. Eric was also very easy to work with, as he is so personable and easygoing. Every time we communicated with him, he got us more and more excited about our upcoming wedding and what we had planned. He just has a way of making you feel good about whatever you're doing that is a great quality for a wedding vendor to have. Eric is also very genuine about what he does and says. It is obvious that he has a passion for music, and a passion for making parties happen.

Sent on 08/17/2008

April · Married on 07/12/2008

Eric is by far the best DJ around!! Hiring a DJ was one of my biggest fears when it came to planning my wedding. The wrong DJ could be disasterous! So much of the wedding centers around the music and the DJ, I really took my time when looking for and making the final decision on who to hire. I am so glad we went with Eric. He did a FANTASTIC job not only playing the music, but keeping the evening running smoothly. I don't know what we would have done without him! I would higly recommend Eric to anyone and everyone!!

Sent on 07/22/2008

Robert · Married on 06/28/2008

Eric is Amazing!!!! He coordinated the events of our wedding day with professionalism, spirit and grace. His ability to keep the dance floor packed, recognition of music to play for all involved to feel involved, and enthusiasm in his work are second to none. He created a photo montage in less than a week that blew us away. He also gave us 3 copies of the montage as keepsakes. The DJ is one of the most essential pieces of having a memorable wedding, and thanks to Eric, we will never be able to forget.

Sent on 07/22/2008
  • W

jason · Married on 06/07/2008

The best DJ around, cant beat him, price and his state of the art equimpent.

Sent on 07/14/2008
  • allitem7

Allison · Married on 06/01/2008

Perfect DJ! My friend recommended him and I am so glad, it took a lot of stress off of us knowing that we had a great DJ to help us along the way. Eric was professional and friendly and knew exactly what he was doing. Very easy to select songs from his website, which was great for us because we were planning from across the country. Eric also made us a photo montage and everyone loved it!!!! Thank you Eric for making our special day flawless!

Sent on 07/10/2008

Jennifer · Married on 05/31/2008

Eric was fantastic!! He made our wedding run smoothly and wonderful. I could not picture it without him. I would highly recommend him for all occasions. Thank you Eric!!

Sent on 07/09/2008
  • W

Kelsey · Married on 05/25/2008

Eric was excellent. I was a very demanding groom in terms of what I wanted from a DJ, and Eric delivered flawlessly and exceeded our expectations. I gave Eric a ZIP archive of all of the music I wanted him to play about two weeks before the event, and told him to select the order of the songs for the dancing portion of the evening based upon crowd response. He chose an excellent lineup of songs and kept the dancefloor active. He also made sure to clear all of the song requests through the bride and groom, since we told him we wouldn't allow requests without our approval. He was calm, confident, and professional through all of the announcements and kept the night moving along smoothly. He was an absolute joy to work with.

Sent on 06/10/2008

Lynn · Married on 05/24/2008

Hiring Eric Schiemer to be the DJ at my wedding brought great peace of mind. I knew my reception was in expert hands ... no stress or worries ... I was free to focus my attention on the many other aspects of planning my wedding.

Eric has a very easy-going, pleasant and professional demeanor. He is very accommodating and will work with you in detail if you find yourself turning into a “bridezilla” control freak or if you would just prefer to relax and let him take care of all the details for you ... either way you are going to have an excellent experience.

There were very many favorable comments about Eric from my wedding guests. Some liked how he handled himself by not trying to steal attention from bride and groom or guests. Those who danced had a blast with the tunes he was playing. I appreciated knowing that he would never play any music that would be of questionable taste.

The bottom line is that he really knows what he is doing, has so much experience at this and is very technologically savvy. If you want the best DJ for your wedding, or other special occasion, you couldn’t find any one better than Eric!

Sent on 08/14/2008

Jim · Married on 05/17/2008

Eric was fantastic! We had a very specific idea of how we wanted our reception to flow and what music we wanted played at the reception and Eric was extremely accommodating. Eric took the time to meet with us prior to the reception to review our plans. During the actual wedding day, everything went smoothly and according to plan. Eric even went out of his way to make sure that non-DJ tasks (such as making sure the mood lighting was correct) were taken care of. We would definitely recommend Eric to anyone looking for a great DJ!

Sent on 07/10/2008