Schiemer Entertainment Services Reviews

Schiemer Entertainment Services 1
Schiemer Entertainment Services 2
Schiemer Entertainment Services 3

Katie · Married on 04/27/2013

Eric is AMAZING! We were lucky enough to experience his expertise at our friends wedding. We knew we wanted him as soon as we started our wedding planning. Eric is so professional and patient. Even though we were horrible with getting him our final selections, he made sure we were happy and had everything we needed! He's great and we highly recommend him! Oh be sure to check out his new up lighting, we had so many complements on how pretty they were!

Sent on 05/14/2013

Mikel Lynn · Married on 03/17/2013

Eric is a dream to work with. He really listened to what we wanted instead of making us buy a package that didn't suit our needs. He has an extensive knowledge of music of various types, and a bottomless inventory of songs to choose from. One of the things we liked best was the planning form on his website, which made it a breeze to set up our entire day. This was especially important as we live over 2 hours away from our wedding venue and couldn't simply pop by to see him any time changes needed to be made.

As an added bonus, Eric took candids of our wedding and sent us a DVD which included 2 sets of the photos and the slideshow which he had made for his website.

You can't go wrong with by using Schiemer Entertainment. Eric has been in the business for a very long time and knows how to deliver customer satisfaction.

Sent on 04/04/2013

Mikel · Married on 03/17/2013

Eric is a dream to work with. He has incredible knowledge of a wide range of genres and owns practically every song ever recorded. And if he doesn't have it, he'll get it for you! He's available by phone or online, which is great for ironing out all those last-minute details. His website is easy to navigate and incredibly useful. You can plan your entire day or let him choose the music. He is also quite the photographer. After our wedding he sent us a CD of over 100 candid shots as well as a beautiful montage of the ceremony, set to our first dance music.

Sent on 04/12/2013

Kat · Married on 02/16/2013

Don't go anywhere else. Stop where you are and just hire Eric right now. You will never regret it. I was getting text messages from friends and family members all day after my wedding saying "The wedding was beautiful and your DJ was amazing." "Your DJ really kept the party going." "The DJ you hired was so awesome. He played all the best songs all night." Eric made me feel at ease all night. He made sure the right people were in the room before he did anything (ie. dances and bouquet toss.) He is super organized and took the time to get to know me before my wedding so he knew how me and my husband wanted the reception to go. He took pictures at the reception and made a video using our first dance song. He posted them on facebook the next day. THEN he took it one step further and sent me a CD with everything on it.
    I've been to a ton of Pittsburgh weddings and the DJ's have been ok. Eric is top notch. He blows other DJ's out of the water. I am so happy to have found him. He's worth a whole lot more than what he's charging too!
    Thank you Eric, from the bottom of my heart. You made me a very happy Bride!

Sent on 02/27/2013

Dana · Married on 11/09/2012

AMAZING, WONDERFUL, PROFESSIONAL, FUN, BEST DJ EVER!! Those words do not even begin to do Eric justice! He is phenomenal at what he does! Eric definitely keeps the crowd entertained and the party going! He is EXCELLENT at reading the crowd and knowing what to play next! One thing that we loved about Eric's work from the start was his website. You list songs that you want to play and then are allowed to rank some as "LOVE IT." If it gets that rating, he won't play it unless both the bride the groom are available to enjoy the song! Eric also has a lot of fun taking reception photos! We have so many classic photos from the reception and after our photographer left for the evening. He then puts together a reception video and posts it on his website. Our video was set to the song that was also our first dance! LOVED IT! He also posts wedding playlists to help give couples ideas for their playlists and also as something sentimental for the new bride and groom to remember forever! Eric is extremely professional, attentive to detail, easy going, and just all around FUN. Eric helped us put a slideshow together and even saved some room at the end so we could text him a wedding photo of the bridal party to put as the last photo in the show! EVERYONE LOVED IT! 100% RECOMMEND SCHIEMER ENTERTAINMENT!

Sent on 11/28/2012

Lynne · Married on 06/02/2012

What can I say that hasn't already been said? Eric is such a professional and knows exactly what he is doing. His website is so comprehensive and brilliantly put together. Eric was so flexible with any request that we had. He did an excellent job at the cocktail hour and the reception!! He's wonderful!

Sent on 07/10/2012
  • Jeramie

Jeramie · Married on 05/26/2012

Eric was an absolute blast to work with. He helped us create the perfect playlist for our wedding reception and guide us through the night with ease. His list of available songs were endless, even with our more indie tastes, he had a lot to choose from and if he didn't have it, he would get it. We met with him twice to discuss our wedding day and each time was enjoyable. He had great ideas as far as how the night should layout and music selections we didn't think about. Even when the electric slide came on and I had no idea what to do, he jumped in and helped get the party started. He was very professional and we would absolutely recommend him to anyone getting married.

Sent on 06/22/2012

Jenna · Married on 10/22/2011

My Husband and I are so happy that we decided to go with Eric as our DJ for our wedding reception. The other DJs that we met with were great and we would have had no problem hiring them. But once we met with Eric there was no question in our minds anymore. He was the right choice for us.
    Eric loves his job and it shows. He went way beyond our expectations and made a prefect day even better (which is totally possible). I do not think we stopped dancing all night.
    We have actually already recommended him to a few friends and even strangers! Eric thank you!

Sent on 11/27/2011

LAURA · Married on 10/01/2011

For a person that solely goes off of reviews, I rarely provide a review for services I have rendered. For Eric, I find it absolutely necessary to tell everyone how truly amazing he is. He was everything and more! Eric is genuinely a nice guy. He is a joy to work with and it was a breeze during the whole planning process. Eric was attentive and answered all of my phone calls and emails within a 24 hour period...more often a 24 minute period. Eric's site on Wedding Wire states, "Entertainment For Extraordinary Occasions." If I had the chance to change it, I would change it to "Extraordinary Entertainment for All Occasions." Eric is truly amazing and absolutely loves what he does. In turn, he provided us with the best entertainment on the most important day of our lives.

Sent on 10/04/2011

Amy · Married on 09/23/2011

Eric is the BEST. Hands down. He did our wedding and reception a couple weeks ago & everyone just raved about how well it went & how awesome he was. He kept the reception moving and people really liked that. He did an awesome job on our wedding ceremony too. Love that he's so organized & easy to work with. SOOOOO easy to work with & SOOOO much fun!!!!!! Seriously, you could NOT find a better dj ever. I promise! And on top of that, he's an awesome photographer too....got some GREAT candids of our wedding & reception, which I just loved. You can tell he totally loves what he does & he is just simply the best!!!! I can't say it enough, he's the best & he's awesome! I would highly recommend him if you want a dj who is fun, organized, knowledgable, helpful, flexible, dependable, responsible, timely, FUN, very personable, and just completely awesome to work with!!
    HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 10/06/2011

Bethany · Married on 08/27/2011

Where do I begin?? Eric is the best. He is passionate about what he does, and so knowledgeable about all types of music. He is also professional and so easy to work with. I knew this within 5 minutes of talking to him on the phone. He did our ceremony music, as well as reception, and he got RAVE reviews from all of our guests. Eric is flexible, we planned everything from Boston, and did everything via email, googledocs, and phone, and met him the day of. Not to mention - he's a damn good photographer and took some amazing pictures for me, which I had the very next day. He also creates blogs for each one of his weddings, and puts the pictures up via slideshow on the blog. The blog is truly amazing, and I got to share this link with all of our guests and people who could not be there. I was so appreciative of all of the added bonuses of working with him. He made sure our night flowed very smoothly, and the dance floor was packed the entire night. Cannot imagine anyone else that day, Eric is the total package.

Sent on 09/25/2011

Ann · Married on 08/12/2011

Of everyone we hired to provide services at our wedding, I was by far the most impressed with Eric Schiemer. He was more than a DJ at our wedding. He absolutely kept everything on pace and played exactly the type of music I wanted (which was not your typical wedding music) with only minimal instructions/requests. In addition to playing music, he did SO MUCH MORE. He photographed some of our most memorable moments at our reception, not to mention the fact that he bailed out our photographer when her flash broke down and he lent her one of his spares! He was prepared, experienced, professional, friendly, fun, flexible, and AWESOME in every way. After your wedding, a lot of people will give you feedback on things. Almost every person I talked to had a complimentary remark to say about Eric to the effect of "Your DJ was awesome, where did you find him?" I am not the type of person to blog, spend excessive amounts of time on facebook, or even go on the internet other than when absolutely necessary. I do, however, find it absolutely necessary to let other brides know that Eric is a great DJ and you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 09/14/2011
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 07/16/2011

I'm so glad we went with Eric Schiemer for DJ. He was so nice/helpful and his online planning forms were great! The day of the wedding, he was fully prepared and helped guide the whole day so my husband and I could enjoy ourselves. After the wedding he put up tons of pictures and a slideshow of our day - we loved it! He is a complete professional & knows exactly what songs to play when... he also took into account my song choices I had picked out before the wedding. He's GREAT and I recommend him 100%.

Sent on 07/23/2011

john · Married on 07/09/2011

This review is coming from the husband, reason I say this is because I expected a lot out of the DJ. With that said Eric Schiemer is hands down worth every penny we spent! I have been to a wedding where the couple got a discount on a DJ and the reception has horrific. You will not be disappointed one bit with Eric Schiemer. Just to name a few examples of why he is the best, everything is done on your time. He understands that its about the wedding couple and not a strict schedule. If you want 5 minutes before you cut the cake he naturally keeps the party rolling without anyone noticing. Another example, we were minutes from being introduced to the reception party and had a mix up with the wedding party, what I thought would have been a big deal, Eric just handled it and it was as if there wasn’t even an issue. I can’t say enough this DJ is worth every penny. Also a huge added bonus, he takes pictures as well and puts together a DVD with no extra charge. The pics are not amateur shots either. He takes great pics! If your looking to pick a DJ for your wedding and you don’t want to worry about how the reception will go, then pick Eric schiemer, he has a natural pulse for wedding receptions and he will want you to extend your party for extra time! Thanks Eric Schiemer!

Sent on 12/15/2011

Kate · Married on 06/18/2011

Eric is the best! He was so friendly and accommodating to our requests, and made sure we had the party of our dreams. He handled problems that arose with expertise, including gracefully stalling a party that was DYING to get onto the dance floor when the mother of the bride went missing five minutes prior to the parent dance. He took our suggestions for the playlist and expanded on them, perfectly ordering the songs so that the next jam was EXACTLY what the party needed at that moment. He can really read a room of people! Our guests are absolutely raving about Eric in the days after the wedding, because they had never seen a wedding where the dance floor was so packed the entire night.

We highly recommend Eric if you want an extremely fun wedding!

Sent on 07/11/2011

Alexandra · Married on 06/11/2011

Eric was absolutely AMAZING!! I could not say enough good things about him. I would hire him again in a second. He was an absolute pleasure to work with and was professional and responsive throughout the entire process.

Sent on 06/26/2011

Megan · Married on 05/21/2011

We would give Eric more than 5 stars if it were an option!! From start to finish, he was a pleasure to work with. He provided music for both the outdoor ceremony and reception at the Mayernik Center in Avonworth Community Park for our 5.21.2011 wedding.

At our initial meeting, he set us at ease with his description of the wedding day time-line. He has a great system for customers to note their music preferences, which can be updated and altered until practically the day of the event. He was easy to get in touch with via email, and always responded promptly.

Even when we redesigned the location of the ceremony with only one day left before the wedding, he said "No problem!". By the time we arrived on our wedding day, he was already set up with speakers and microphones in the new location....smiling and ready to go. Throughout the entire day he was focused on making sure our guests had a great time. He kept the reception running smoothly but always asked if we were ready for the next step before he announced anything- cake cutting, first dance, etc. At the end of the night, no one wanted to leave, so we know our guests had as much fun as we did!!

As an unexpected bonus, he took some beautiful photos during our big day, which he shared with us almost immediately. Eric is a really talented guy in more ways than one, and he has an awesome personality that was just the icing on the cake. Perfect!

Sent on 06/01/2011

Joe · Married on 05/14/2011

Eric was the only DJ we met with prior to our wedding. He was referred to us by friends that had booked him for their wedding, but it had not yet happened. Eric was so friendly, organized, interested and professional that we booked him at our first meeting. We could not be any happier with the decision that we made.

Eric was an absolute pleasure to work with. It was a joy to work with Eric, because the through all of our meetings we felt that Eric was almost as excited to "get to" DJ our wedding as we were to be having it. We had an amazing time at our wedding. From all of the reviews we have heard, our guests did as well. A large part of that was the great mix of music Eric played. He had the dance floor packed all night. Through Eric's website we were able to provide a selection of music we would like to hear. He played all of those songs and mixed in the perfect amounts of all types of music.

Eric does not attempt to steal the show one bit, as some DJ's may do. He helps to move the night along and is very courteous, helpful and friendly all night. In addition to his wonderful DJ services, there are a lot of extras that Eric provides that are just as high quality. He takes pictures all night and had alot of them posted, along with a great video montage and song list, the next day. We just returned from our honeymoon and a DVD is already at our house from Eric with pictures from the wedding.

We would strongly recommend Eric to anyone else looking for a DJ for any event. I know many of our guests would as well. It was an absolute pleasure to work with Eric.

Sent on 05/28/2011

Margaret · Married on 04/30/2011

Choosing DJ Eric Schiemer was one of the BEST decisions we made in planning our wedding. Not only was he absolutely wonderful to work with (friendly, organized, professional, and super enthusiastic), he kept our dance floor very very full the whole night- across all ages and demographics. Several friends and relatives have commented after the fact that he was outstanding. He was prepared for every meeting and has excellent technology to produce great sound. He is so willing to work with the couple and by the end of it all I really felt that he knew US and got where we were coming from and what we hoped to provide for our guests. I know several others that have used his services and would whole-heartedly agree. Do not hesitate to book him as he books quickly! I cannot recommend him strongly enough for your wedding DJ.

Sent on 05/17/2011

Gwen · Married on 10/16/2010

As my husband and I learned during the wedding planning process through the end of our reception last fall, hiring the right vendors was extremely critical to the success of our event. This is why I can say with confidence that you will not regret hiring Eric Schiemer as your wedding DJ.

We first found Eric via the Internet and since we planned our wedding from out of town, first had a 'phone interview' with him which went well. Still, we wanted to make sure that past brides and grooms were happy with his services and after checking into this, received nothing but compliments with their experiences.

Eric consistently demonstrates the utmost level of professionalism and respect towards his clients throughout the entire process. He is always willing to meet or talk by phone as often as the couple requests to better tailor their event based on their own unique needs. Steve and I came up with a play list and general types of genres that we liked best, giving Eric some creative control while incorporating specific songs we absolutely wanted to play- and that ranged from bridal party entrances to a customized three part 'first dance' mix to other special dances throughout the night. He respected our 'do not play' list and we never had to worry about him playing something that we did not want to hear.

In terms of his demeanor, there is nothing worse than a DJ who is obnoxious and inappropriate during an event and I can assure you that this is not something to worry about with Eric. Our friends and families still talk about what a great DJ he was and how much fun they had because of him. Not only was the dance floor packed among all age groups of our guests all night, Eric is great at mixing a series of songs in one genre together to avoid those awkward lulls that sometimes happen at a dance function.

Another added bonus are the great pictures he takes throughout the night which was wonderful for us because we were able to get that 'late night' coverage with our guests. Looking back, there really isn't anything I would change as the entire process was enjoyable collaborating with Eric to ensure that we had a memorable wedding reception.

Sent on 11/15/2011

Patty · Married on 09/04/2010

The moment we met Eric we knew that we wanted him to be our DJ. He has a great personality and was a joy to work with. He made the planning process so easy! Eric was very responsive when we sent him emails. His website was a great planning tool and made selecting songs easy. During our meetings with Eric he was very organized and a pleasure to work with. You can just tell he loves what he does and that carried over to the day of the wedding. He not only arrived early to the reception to set-up but he took picture of how the room looked before the guests arrived (this was awesome since most brides don’t get the opportunity to see how the room likes until after they are announced and by that time the room is no longer perfect). Eric cheerful personality was a great addition at the wedding. His energy and music selection brought people to the dance floor. My husband and I enjoyed our selves at the wedding and our guests had a blast! I would recommend Eric to anyone that is interested in DJ services. He did a terrific job at our wedding on May 7, 2011. Thanks Eric for making our day memorable!

Sent on 06/26/2011

Elizabeth · Married on 09/03/2010

We could not be happier with our decision to have Eric be the DJ for our wedding. He did a great job keeping the energy up, getting people dancing, keeping us on schedule, and overall helping my husband and me with all of our questions. He took some amazing pictures too. We did not realize that he took all of the pictures for his website when we were looking at other weddings he did. He had a great set up online for choosing the songs for the wedding and even had a great lighting system. He printed a wedding itinerary for us, which was incredibly useful. We would overall highly recommend Eric to be the DJ at your wedding!

Sent on 11/15/2010

Amy · Married on 08/21/2010

Eric is the best! He was so nice and so accomodating, friendly, energetic, professional and most importantly a great dj. You can really tell that this is what he loves to do. I love his online program where you can fill out your wedding info plus pick your music. He completely puts you at ease with everything. My father and I wanted to cut out the middle of our father daughter dance because it was so long and he sent 2 versions for me to pick from and it was perfect! Also,his customer service is excellent--he is very proactive and if you have any questions..whether it be email, phone, whatever...he will always respond back to you promptly. On the day of, he was great--always played great music, never cheesy and overbearing...except for when he came out in roller skates...just kidding!! He really had just the perfect amount of energy! I had a large mix of people--relatives from korea, coworkers, young, old...but Eric managed to bring everyone together on the dance floor! Lastly, he will make this little video montage of pictures that he puts on the website... I love it so much--everyone that I know has seen it and loves it. Not only is he a great dj, but a great photographer as well!

Sent on 08/24/2010

Kala · Married on 08/14/2010

Eric was literally everything you could possibly want in a wedding DJ. We can say with confidence that hiring Eric was the best decision we made during the planning process. His quick responses, flexibility, and organization made the planning of our reception easy and comfortable. Knowing that he was in charge of our time table during the reception meant that we didn't have to worry about a thing. Thanks to Eric, all of our guests were on the dance floor from beginning to end. I'm so thrilled we had him as our DJ, and cannot recommend him highly enough.

Sent on 08/27/2010

Paige · Married on 07/23/2010

This review is for those of you who recognize excellence. DJ Eric Schiemer of Schiemer Entertainment was absolutely wonderful for our wedding! He is more than just a DJ. When we were searching to hire someone, we didn't just want a DJ that played generic wedding music or someone who played whatever they wanted. As his clients, we were highly impressed that he met with us several weeks prior to the wedding to get a feel for us and to see what our personalities were like. This helped him to determine what our musical style was. He introduced us to his online wedding planner which was exactly what we wanted. He allowed us to pick and choose any song we wanted to hear that evening. If he didn't have it...he found it! Aside from the fact that he was flexible and easy to work with, he is just a "great guy". He is really nice and he made sure that our evening was perfect...and it was. The flawless flow of the whole reception was a result of his professional experience. Our reception was classy and extremely fun! Thanks to Eric...we shared one of the best nights of our life!

Sent on 07/26/2010