Scher's Bridal Shop Reviews

19 Reviews for Scher's Bridal Shop

• Jenna

Jenna · Married on 06/15/2019

Simply amazing

Schers has such a friendly staff and a wonderful collection of wedding dresses! You’ll definitely find what you need there, and they make everything so easy! Plus, they have free alterations!

Sent on 06/17/2019

Anastasia · Married on 06/18/2016

Judi and her team could not be more lovely, and I'm not just saying that because my mom went to school with her husband. The worked with me from day one to find the perfect dress for me, as well as accessories to compliment the dress. Working with them was not only stress free but amazingly fun. Totally worth the 3 hour drive there for finding the dress, alterations, and picking up. Also alterations were free, which is not the case for many bridal shops. I highly recommend this shop, if you are located anywhere within the state of Maryland. They are such lovely people.

Sent on 06/22/2016

Kathy and Mark were great. I bought my wedding dress and my mom purchased her dress from Scher's. They were easy to work with and organized. On our final fitting, we both had small alterations that needed to be taken care of. Instead of coming back to pick up the dresses, they promised they would have the dresses done quickly and suggested that we go to lunch while we wait. We came back and both dresses were perfect. My veil was not in on time and Mark met me near my home to drop it off. They truly go above and beyond to make you happy. And did I mention, free bridal alterations?? They were amazing.

Sent on 09/24/2015

Scher's Bridal Shop has been incredibly flexible and accommodating in my search for the perfect wedding gown. At my first appointment they were completely prepared; they'd pulled out the wedding gowns that I had said I was interested in and helped me find styles of gowns that fit my taste. They catered to my every need, providing snacks and water through out the appointment. I found "the dress" that day! Scher's is also great about keeping me up to date on when my dress comes in, when I need to set up a fitting, and when my bridesmaid's dresses come in. I love that they are a local business and that I can support them as well!

Sent on 03/12/2015

Shirley · Married on 06/28/2014

Scher's Bridal Shop was a wonderful experience. They worked diligently in making sure the Bridal gown and all the bridesmaid's gowns were absolutely the best. The bride was stunning and felt so very special in her gown with all the extra touches that Scher's provided. All the bridesmaids were beautiful and all their dresses were a perfect fit. We cannot thank them enough for the part they played in making this a most spectacular evening for our Bride and her Bridal Party. We will not hesitate to go there for any future needs. A sincere thank you to the owners and staff at Scher's Bridal.

Sent on 06/30/2014

I highly recommend the team at Scher's! They were friendly, helpful, and professional! They helped me find the perfect wedding dress!

Sent on 10/06/2013
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 07/20/2013

I cannot speak highly enough about this bridal shop!!! I wish I had gone here first and bought my wedding dress here too! We used Scher's for the bridesmaids dresses and I ordered my bridal shoes from them as well. We wanted to use them for tuxes but unfortunately had to pick somewhere closer to home. Marc Scher is INCREDIBLY helpful and really wants to see his customers happy. He was very flexible. Judy helped us find the perfect bridesmaid dress and was great to work with. She listened to what I wanted and brought us tons of dresses to try. She was very patient with us while we looked for the perfect one. The dresses are all priced reasonably and their alteration costs are low compared to other places in the area. One of my bridesmaids dresses came in way too large and I honestly didn't think it could even be altered without messing up the bust line but they did a BEAUTIFUL job. Also, Marc hand dyes the shoes himself. My shoes matched my bridesmaids' dress color perfectly and looked so pretty! Again, I can't say enough great things about this shop. The owner is great and all of the staff are very pleasant too. Definitely worth a trip out to Pocomoke!!

Sent on 08/15/2013
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 09/10/2011

Scher's is the only place to go for your wedding dress! When I first went to look, my whole family was there for about 4 hours. I tried on about 20 dresses and still couldn't make up my mind. Everyone at Scher's was so helpful and nice, and honest! I went bacl about 3 times before I decided. Once the dresses came in, they worked with my bridesmaids and did free alterations. They even fixed my sister's dress 2 days before the wedding, while she waited! They were amazing to work with, not to mention, my gown was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen!

Sent on 09/29/2011

Ashley · Married on 07/02/2011

Loved my dress! Alterations were free and my dress fit perfect. Great service. They also do bridesmaid dress alterations for free, however I did not get my bridesmaids dresses from here because they did not have teh brand I was looking for. Would def recommend this to anyone getting married.

Sent on 07/19/2011

Heather · Married on 06/11/2011

This is the only place to buy a dress from on the Eastern Shore as far as I'm concerned. Mark gave me his cell phone number the first day I went in there, I hadn't even decided where I would be buying from yet. I went back because of the cell phone number and I am glad I did. Mark, Judi, Cathy, Ivory, and Blaire treated me and my family like we were the only wedding they had. They were amazing. My sister told me she was pregnant eight months out from the wedding. Cathy helped me to find a beautiful dress for her that said, "New Mommy" and it was lovely. All the alterations were free for everybody, and my husband's tux was free too. I never got nervous about the dress or anything because I knew it would be taken care of.

Sent on 06/28/2011

Mairen · Married on 11/06/2010

Out of all of the stressors of wedding planning, my dress was not one of them. Scher's is such a great place to buy a wedding gown and do tuxs! I highly recommend them! FREE ALTERATIONS!

Sent on 11/13/2010

Lauren · Married on 10/10/2010

Scher's is a wonderful bridal shop to look for. They were eager to help me find the perfect dress and once I did, they really did a great job of making sure that the alterations were on point. I had one bridesmaid that was not local and Scher's was very flexible in getting her dress altered at the last minute. They also did the preservation of my dress and veil. The best part is that if the bride purchases her dress there, the entire wedding party receives free alterations!

Sent on 01/25/2011

Stacey · Married on 01/23/2010

Mark and his staff were so great. They answered all of my questions and made me feel secure that everything would be done right. All of our adjustments were done within the time frame needed and mark and his staff were willing to do whatever we needed done to make our day perfect. My dress was amazing and I had an amazing dress shopping experience. I went to another store before I went to schers for the first time and had an awful experience. Once I walked into schers I had the experience of shopping for a dress that you see on TV. It was great and the staff listened to what I wanted and helped to find my perfect dress.

Sent on 02/15/2010
  • aaren81

AAREN · Married on 03/21/2009

Marc is the best!! He got me the dress I wanted! I can see that my family has been using Scher's for over 30 years, and we would not go anywhere else! We tell everyone that mentions they need a dress to go down and see Marc and his staff. Thank you very much Marc for making the day perfect.

Sent on 04/07/2009

Jenna · Married on 09/06/2008

There are not enough words to describe how amazing Scher's was for my dress and my bridesmaids dresses. Marc and Kathy are so friendly and willing to go the extra mile to make sure everything is perfect for the big day. I did not have any worries while working with them. I have been to Scher's before for dances and other weddings I have been in and I would not go to any other dress shop. I always suggest them when anyone is talking about needing a formal dress.

Sent on 10/25/2008
  • penguin246

Karla · Married on 09/26/2009

I loved working with this company. They were always so helpful and available. I ordered my wedding dress and my bridesmaids (4) dresses from here and they were so helpful with appointment making and changing, alterations and payments. I would use this company again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 11/15/2009
  • Christeve

Christy · Married on 11/10/2007

First of all, I have to say that Schers is one of the best values on the eastern shore. I initially found my dress in a boutique in DC for $900 plus about $400 in alterations. Thankfully, I called Schers (much closer to my hometown) to see if they carried Maggie Sottero, which they did, and they had the dress in stock for $800. Even better, a few minutes later, the owner Mark called me and said that if I bought my dress at Schers, they would do all alterations for FREE and also free alterations for the ENTIRE wedding party and anyone else that bought their attire for my big day from them. They saved me tons of money and were very courteous and professional. My only complaint is that my alterations weren't quite right- the dress was a bit too long (which may have been partially my fault because I told the seamstress I would have more slips on), and the bustle broke about 30 minutes into the reception, which was disappointing. But all my bridesmaids looked great in their dresses, and Schers was able to alter 4 of the 6 in the last two days before the wedding! All in all, I would definitely recommend purchasing a gown there, just be sure you know exactly how long you want it.

Sent on 11/27/2007

JESSICA · Married on 09/28/2002

Everything was taken care of beautifully. No request was denied. The owner was very helpful in offering suggestions for coordinating the bride, groom, flower girls, mother of the bride etc. Color-to-match shoes are also available.

Sent on 05/21/2008

Shelby · Married on 10/17/2008

3.8
      3.0

Overall I was happy with Scher's. I absolutely loved my dress, and the price was great. I also loved my bridesmaids dresses. However, I was not happy with the alterations, I ended up having to take the bridesmaid dresses elsewhere. Some of the people who work there are wonderful and a joy to work with, others not so much.

Sent on 10/30/2008