Schaul's Signature Cuisine & Events Reviews

View more information

• Jacquie
    Jacquie B. Married on 06/22/2019

Went Above and Beyond

We were interested in Schaul's for catering for our wedding in Chicago. We were looking at doing something different and fun and wanted to book a catering company that would be able to accommodate and wouldn't cost an arm and a leg, and would be willing to commute out to Chicago to provide services. Let me say that from the very beginning, Schaul's and specifically Mo who was our coordinator impressed us so much! We went to a tasting, where the chef came out to talk to us about the food and the preparation (so impressive, and different from our other tasting that went to). When we had a few suggestions/modifications to the food (we wanted the fried chicken a little crispier, different appetizers etc.), we booked another tasting and the chef took our notes and modified the food to our liking. Not to mention during the entire process, Mo was incredibly responsive, answering all of our questions and concerns. We signed the contract and the entire year leading up to our wedding, Mo assisted the entire way, making sure that we had everything we needed. We decided to BYOB since our venue allowed it (seriously such a great decision), and Schaul's provided the mixer package along with bartenders. Mo helped coordinate all of it and made the process so much easier.

Schaul's not only assisted with catering services, but also helped set up some decorations as well day of, which was such a big help as we didn't have a day of coordinator. And oh my goodness, the food! THE FOOD! It was seriously the best wedding food we've ever had and we received so many compliments from our guests. We even had the father of the groom state multiple times during the night how "this was the most food I've ever eaten at a wedding". We had people steal onion dip from the cocktail hour and bring it with them to the dinner part because they loved it so much. We got so many rave reviews on not only the food but also the wait staff. The wait staff were so on top of it, several waiters stopped me during the night to ask me specifically if I needed a drink. They moved tables for the dance floor, and were super attentive. I also heard from guests that the bartenders were also incredible! We seriously could not have asked for more! Schaul's and Mo absolutely crushed it! They were able to take our different menu (fried chicken, lobster rolls etc.) and make it completely work with our wedding! Seriously, do yourself a favor and book them!
    Annie Married on 08/04/2018
    Schaul's Catering was awesome! We picked a venue that only let us choose from a list of vendors, and Schaul's was the ONLY company that was flexible and understood what we needed. Cynthia was incredibly attentive and helpful. We were able to build a menu that worked for all of our dietary needs and the food was delicious. Cynthia worked within our budget and found what worked for us. I would totally come to Shaul's again for other catering events!
    Janis Married on 05/04/2013
    This caterer did an excellent job for me and 95 %of it was done through email from AZ.
    Andrew was exceptionally helpful as was the crew who helped out. The food was great including the wedding cake. They made my special day just perfect.
  • Jacqueline
    Jacqueline P. Married on 10/10/2020

Canceled venue

This vendor decided to keep over $2000 from my account just because. They said they felt that they should keep something since Covid was ruining their business.