31 Reviews for S&B Event Concepts and Catering

Open Bar (1)
Specialty Beer (1)
Specialty Wine (1)
26 S&B Event Concepts and Catering Reviews

S&B catered our wedding of 140 guests on September 30 2018 and knocked it out of the part ! The food was phenomenal and the staff was wonderful! So many comments from our guests that it was the best wedding they have ever been to! Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Monica, 9/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American, Italian, Buffet, Cake, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Hors d'oeuvres, Stations, Tastings, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink

My daughter’s wedding day was wonderful, in part because of S&B Event Concepts and Catering. Sodiah was fantastic from the first meeting. She accommodated our schedule for the tasting, helped with appropriate menu choices and executed the “day of” with flair and genuine care. I was amazed at how aptly the staff set up in a difficult venue. Of course, all weddings have some snag or another. You would not know it at this wedding because Sodiah and her staff helped keep us calm, anticipated our needs and made us feel so special. The food was delicious, EVERYTHING from appetizers to dessert! We did not serve any meat and no one missed it. Whatever you serve, make sure to include the mac & cheese. If you want personalized service and exceptional food, S&B is your go to caterer.

Profile Picture Rachelle, 7/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We hired Sodiah Thomas and her crew to cater our wedding this past summer, and they truly surpassed our expectations with respect to food quality, duties performed, and overall value. From the start, Sodiah was easy to work with. She responded to my Thumbtack request promptly with a generous offering that was within our budget. Over the following weeks, Sodiah was always in contact as we finalized our tasting menu and as soon we tasted the appetizers, we were sold. We wanted our wedding dinner to reflect not only our personalities but also the joining of our cultures (Asian-American and American), and Sodiah and the talented Chef Tristan made this happen with their eagerness and food creativity.
On our wedding day, the dishes tasted just as good or even better than during our tasting, which is always a concern with scale-up. Our guests thought the food was delicious! And the best part… when the evening was over, I turned around, and Sodiah and her crew had already cleaned everything (without me having to ask), packed everything, and left us with little to do but to enjoy the rest of the evening!
I’m a big fan of people who are passionate about what they do, who work hard and exceed expectations. S&B Catering did just that, and hiring them was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Thank you, Sodiah, Tristan, and the rest of the S&B family!

Profile Picture LiKang, 7/1/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Asian, Chinese, Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Tastings, Vegan, Vegetarian, Clean Up, Set Up

Sodiah is very caring and incredibly responsive. We were very impressed and grateful to have found someone so reliable.

Highly recommended.

Profile Picture Jim, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

S&B Is a fantastic caterer! They just catered a Christmas party for our company on 12/18. I was so impressed from day 1. Sodiah (owner) was extremely responsive in her communication -- and thorough, professional, and accurate communication is the one thing that I look for the most from someone that we choose to work with. Plus, I called her 2.5 weeks before our event (during the busiest season of the year), and she was accommodating and gracious in working with us! We were so pleased with the results! The food was FANTASTIC! Everyone raved about it! She made the whole process smooth, convenient, easy and yummy! I HIGHLY recommend S&B to anyone looking for a caterer in the Philadelphia area!

Profile Picture Kelli, 12/18/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We had our son's rehearsal dinner at the location of the wedding. In a filed, in a barn!!!! No air-conditioning ! S&B did a great job of having infused ice water and refreshing fruit and dips available in the field where the rehearsal was! And then, a delicious hot dinner with a great salad and all the details that go along with that. This included an excellent vegan hot dish which vegan and non-vegan alike enjoyed. It was a curry, chick pea and rice dish. My family all loved them and said what upbeat people they are. THANK YOU S & B.

Profile Picture User6300573, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Vegan, Delivery, Set Up, Bartender(s), Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, American

Great people to work with! Very responsive to all questions and concerns. We told Sodiah that food was our biggest focal point for the reception. We are still hearing how much everyone loved it!

Profile Picture Catherine, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

S & B Catering is fabulous! First of all, when I inquired about her catering services, Sodiah responded to my email within 5 minutes! And, I might add, that responsiveness continued throughout the year our daughter was engaged. This was also the best value we found- and S & B served wonderful food. The menu was " tailor- made" for us--- none of this business of choosing a set menu. They have so much to choose from, and if they don't have what you want, they can make it for you! The quality of the service was excellent, and Sodiah, Chef Jim and Contrina couldn't have been nicer throughout the entire process. We went over details several times, and they are always not only very professional- they are SO PLEASANT to work with! We had some problems with our venue 3 weeks before our dauter's wedding- and Sodiah and Contrina helped to facilitate all the details so that everything could happen smoothly. They worked with us ( seemingly) tirelessly , and never complained about anything. We consider them " friends" now, and will use them again. Here's to S & B Catering!

Profile Picture Christy, 6/18/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I can't rave enough about S&B. Sodiah is phenomenal, and nothing short of it. I had a tight budget for food, with many mouths to feed and an unusual love for Chipotle between my husband and I. We asked if they would consider doing Latin food, and boy did they ever! Sodiah was willing to ditch their normal dishes and work with us, also working within our budget. The day of the wedding went super well with no complaints from anyone! They were professional and timely. Sodiah and her team also catered our rehearsal dinner and my MIL and family were very pleased with how well that went too!!

Profile Picture User5510149, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Italian, Latin American, Mexican, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Server(s), Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Vegetarian, Bartender(s)

I hosted a Breast Cancer Pink Tea fundraiser. Sodiah and her staff were excellent. the food was delicious- cucumber sandwiches, turkey salad and chicken salad sandwiches! The presentation was FABULOUS!!! I would highly recommend her. I would book early with her!!!

Profile Picture Tracey, 4/16/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet

Sodiah Thomas was so professional and courteous to my wife and I. She came to our home to present her services. We celebrated our 45th Wedding Anniversary with Sodiah
And her excellent staff. The venue at Milestone Event was just what Millie and I was looking for. The food ,table setups, decorations were prepared just right. Our friends and family are still talking about our affair with Sodiah Thomas and Milestone Events. I recommend her services to everyone who want to have a beautiful, successful party
Sincerely Raymond Seels

Profile Picture Raymond, 3/26/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I'm so thankful for the help that Sodiah and her team provided me with. She held my hand the entire time and made my special day...perfect! From the selection of the venue, the food, our cake and the entertainment she made this day the wedding I've always dreamed about. My main profession is a project manager and I really thought I'd be able to manage all the details of my wedding as long as I kept everything organized and timely. Soon, I found myself overwhelmed. There were so many tasks and I wanted my day to be a great one. Thankfully, after careful research I made the decision to go with S&B Event Concepts and Catering and I'm so happy I made that choice. Sodiah put me right at ease with her calm voice and she was my champion, always willing to take on every battle and allow me to relax up to and through my wedding day. Thank you Sodiah! I will ALWAYS recommend you and your staff to anyone who asks!

Profile Picture Kelly, 10/10/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Entertainer, Flowers, Photography, Transportation, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Cake, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, American, Italian, Bartender(s), House Liquor, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink

Very responsive whenever I needed to discuss anything. Guests enjoyed the food, unfortunately, I was too busy to eat!

Profile Picture User5528996, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, American, Vegetarian, Bartender(s)

The best food and service!!! Sodiah and her team are great!!!

Profile Picture Marie, 9/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Set Up, Cake, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, American, Caribbean, Italian, Southern, Spanish, No Pork, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Liquor, Outside Alcohol, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Chairs, Tables

Sodiah was fantastic to work with. She was responsive and professional even when the venue was not being very cooperative she pulled together a wonderful and delicious buffet dinner for the couple and their guest. I would definitely hire her for future events.

Profile Picture Stacey, 8/8/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Set Up, Buffet, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Bartender(s), Champagne Toast

From the start, Sodiah and Jim had our best interests at heart. They provided a wonderful sampling of meals from start to finish. We chose our wedding cake at the first meeting. We spent hours talking about what we wanted in our back yard wedding. Sodiah had a vision, and Jim provided the wonderfully crafted meal to fit our Wedding Theme. They and their staff even agreed to dress according to the theme we wanted. They were great to brainstorm with, and could tell us what would work from the start. Any questions we had, we felt comfortable calling Sodiah about. She always got right back to us, and was helpful and courteous. Both Jim and Sodiah made our event planning and our Wedding day just as wonderful as we could have dreamed. They are magic!

Profile Picture Susan , 7/18/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Very reasonable prices and great food!

Profile Picture User5476618, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Fred and Sodiah were very pleasant to work with. They are very flexible and truly care about their clients.

Profile Picture User5568263, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

S& B Event Concept and Catering catered my husband and my 10th Wedding Anniversary Party. The food, service and décor was impeccable. I shared my vision with Sodiah and left everything in her capable hands. On the day of the event, S &B team did a fabulous job - my family and friends still speak of the event, and how fabulous it was. I will certainly recommend S&B events for your next catering needs without any hesitation. Share your vision with Sodiah, and she will bring it to fruition.

Profile Picture Cindy and Eric, 2/14/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Nut Free, Tables

We hired Sodiah for a networking event at our business. She went above and beyond and was great to work with. I would highly recommend contacting her for your event.

Profile Picture User5543075, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I used S&B Event Concepts and Catering for a last minute in-home affair and I needed catering quick. It was my first time using a catering company. I setup a last-minute romantic in-home catered dinner for my wife and me. I got rid of the dogs and the kids. I shampooed the carpets and had a long-desired present ready for my wife when she walked in. In addition, when my wife walked in the S&B hostess / waitress and chef were standing (professionally dressed) adjacent to the dining room table. My wife was very surprised. The multi-course dinner, desert and event went perfectly.

I worked with Sodiah from start to finish. She talked to me on the phone at times I liked -- at odd hours on occasion as she responded immediately once to my late-evening email. She always responded quickly to my calls.

The food menu was huge. I picked out just the stuff I wanted. And, she kept it within my budget and not once suggesting items to raise my spending. We double checked all items and expectations including but not limited to the food selections and preparation desires, timing, supplies, etc. The table setup was complete with fine china and silverware, candles, white linens and other stuff to make it look very special. They used our kitchen and left it spotless (including the trash removal) when they left.

She and her team were great to work with. They were pleasant, on-time and very professional. They remained out of site. They exceeded my expectations. They will be my go-to for in-home catering and catering for other events. I will call further in advance next time. I promise.

Profile Picture Steven, 12/12/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Sadiah Thomas is very pleasant, prompt, and professional.

Profile Picture Alan, 10/26/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Sodiah and her team were a pleasure to work with. Beautiful and flawless work!!!

Profile Picture Ma. Luisa, 9/20/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

I cannot say enough great things about Sodiah and her team. They were there every step of the way from the planning process to the end of the reception to keep things running smooth. The food was incredible and all the guests raved about it. The process was made easier because of their help. The wedding was in our backyard and they pulled off a beautiful reception. I would and will use them again for future events!! The team was friendly and helpful and so organized. If you like great food combined with great people this is your caterer!!

Profile Picture Shawn, 9/13/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Bartender(s), American, Caribbean, Southern, Chairs, Tables, Buffet, Cake, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

S&B Events had catered our wedding rehearsal dinner. Everything was done well. The food was delicious and the pricing was reasonable. I really appreciated their team setting up for the event which included the tables, china, linen, and decorations. The dinner was a success and our bridal party was quite impressed.

Profile Picture User6069255, 2+ years ago, 1 Review