19 Reviews for Sayen House and Gardens

Buffet (1)
Hors d'Oeuvres (1)
Drapery (1)
Barware (1)

Patti is great and will answer all your questions. Very nice venue for a small wedding. Their Caters are fantastic to work with.

Profile Picture Keven, 9/14/19, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue could not have been more perfect. The grounds are absolutely gorgeous, and the house is perfect for the amount of guest that we had. It was a dream come true to get married in the Temple Gardens! Patti and Jackie were so helpful through every step of the way, and with every single question I had!

Profile Picture Taylor, 11/18/17, 2 Reviews
3.9

I was a little shy about even considering the sayen house for my wedding judging by the pictures I saw, but the venue is completely gorgeous. It made for a perfect garden wedding and was very affordable! It makes the difference to go see it in person.

Profile Picture Nahju, 6/3/17, 2 Reviews
4.2

it's a great venue and for the price you get so much which can't be beat, but there are restrictions due to it being run by the township.

Profile Picture LINDSAY, 11/12/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

It was a little difficult to schedule a time to come take a look at the place since we live in NYC but Patti made it work! Because they're owned by the township they have a select group of caterers that they work with. I thought it would be limiting but it made everything so much easier! Can't wait until the day!

Profile Picture User6147593, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Clean Up, Liability Insurance, Set Up, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Drapery, Tables, Uncovered Outdoor, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Buffet, Hors d'Oeuvres

Loved the venue. Great atmosphere! Perfect for smaller weddings (guest list no larger than 75 people).

Profile Picture Melissa, 8/13/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

If you want a beautiful outdoor ceremony with waterfalls, trees, ponds, gardens...this is the place for you. I was able to have an outdoor ceremony under a gazebo, take beautiful pictures and have my reception all in the same location. My pictures came out perfectly with the gardens behind us and everyone loved the location. I do wish the house where the reception was held had more of an open floor plan so I would have been able to see everyone at once but we loved how intimate the house made our wedding. It was great for us because it was only close friends and family that were there. I recommend Joanne from Rosa's Catering as your catering choice. Not only was the food delicious (everyone went back for seconds) but her service, understanding and keen eye for detail made our wedding run smoothly and eased my mind the day of the ceremony.

Profile Picture Leeshua, 10/4/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Uncovered Outdoor, Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

This location is so great for an outdoor wedding. There are beautiful ponds, bridges, flowers and trees around every corner. Any questions I had were answered quickly and thoroughly. They helped suggest vendors for chairs and catering. Such a great location. The house wasn't large enough to accommodate all of our guests so we had the reception at a different location close by.

Profile Picture User4359466, 2+ years ago, 12 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We held our wedding at Sayen Gardens in the Brown Gazebo and everyone commented on how beautiful the grounds were. Unfortunately, the house was already booked at the time of our ceremony, so we had to have our reception elsewhere, but it was great despite a little rain before the ceremony began. There was a nice gentleman who even kept others out of the area when our ceremony and pictures were going on so they didn't interrupt and you can't beat the price to have a wedding here! Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Tina, 6/20/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Sayen House and Gardens is a wonderful place to have a small/medium sized wedding. The house fits up to 86 people for a reception; we had just under 50 with room to spare.

The rental comes with use of the house and the Temple Garden for the ceremony. You don't need to rent anything for the house, but if you want an outdoor ceremony, you need to rent chairs, and the Sayen coordinator offers the names of recommended vendors. If you end up doing the ceremony indoors, like we had to because of the cold, the biggest room in the house barely fit everyone, so if we had more it would probably be standing room only with people peeking around corners.

The park is absolutely beautiful year-round, and since it's owned by the township, very affordable.

Profile Picture User4066137, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Having our wedding here was like a fairytale! Our ceremony was outside in the Temple Gardens and even though we had some rain early morning the natural beauty of the gardens made it almost unnoticeable. Amazing for photos!! We rented the Sayen House for our reception. The elegance of that house is simply breathtaking. The layout is perfect for your guests to mingle and move around. We had 80 guests attend and everyone fit perfectly! Having our wedding there was a dream come true!! For the price alone it can't be beat, but when you add in everything else it truly is a romantic gem for weddings or any special celebration! And the people that run the place are great to work with as well. Patti answered all of our questions and made sure we were taken care of. Great wedding venue no question!!

Profile Picture Emily, 10/11/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Sayen House and Gardens was the perfect setting for my English Garden wedding. It was beautiful the day of. Geoff still can't get over the affordable price. The house looked amazing decorated and I felt like England was brought to New Jersey. It is the best place to have a small wedding!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 10/4/14, 11 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We couldn't have been happier with Sayen Gardens as our wedding venue. The staff was very pleasant and reliable. We were able to have all of our custom details and desires on our special day at Sayen Gardens. The perfect setting for a intimate event, which is exactly what we had envisioned for our special day. We are so lucky to have such a great memory of our wedding day to cherish forever.

Profile Picture lori, 9/20/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Beautiful venue. Small botanical garden, with an old cottage home in the center. Beautiful grounds with bridges and fountains, pond with fountain, brick and dirt walk paths. The house has small multiple rooms, We had about 60 guests, there was plenty of room. Everything worked out great. We used the largest room as the dance floor. Barely needed any decor. My cousin & I made paper flowers for centerpieces which we donated to the house. They supply hurricane lamps, choice of color linen napkins, white table clothes, tables/chairs for inside the house, silverware, etc. You have to choose 1 out of 4 caterers, we chose Rosa's which was very delicious and affordable. This place is a gem and very affordable. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Amber, 10/12/13, 6 Reviews
4.1

We were looking for a venue that had the backyard feel to it, nothing over the top and no bling, just somewhere to have a nice simple outdoor wedding. We found exactly what we were looking for at Sayen House & Gardens! We decided to also hold the reception at the gardens; they have a quaint little house that can be used and the gazebo where our ceremony was held is literally right in its “backyard”. Because the house is a house, it’s set up like a house with separate rooms, meaning that you are not going to have that open feel and the tables were spread out among 4 rooms. While I was a little worried about the flow of the event, it really worked out and I think even presented an opportunity for the guests to get up and mingle even more than they would have in an open room event. The grounds are just breathtaking and make a wonderful backdrop for the most beautiful pictures. If you are a bride who is looking for a small simple yet elegant wedding venue, then I would highly recommend Sayen House.

Profile Picture Jenn, 6/23/12, 5 Reviews
3.4

Sayen House & Gardens worked for us because we wanted total planning control over our whole day. If you are looking for guidance from your venue, this is not the right choice for you. Rental fee was exceptional and linens, reception tables/chairs are included (outdoor chairs/tables are not included). The great part of this venue is that you do not need too much decor because it is such a quaint space with an amazing garden. We held our ceremony near the pond, our cocktails in the backyard and our reception in the house. It was a beautiful day and the event turned out exactly as I wanted. If you are looking for an intimate venue (80 ppl or less), this is a great choice.

Profile Picture Allison, 4/29/12, 6 Reviews
3.4

How easy it was to get into take pictures, we were the only people in the park. The people who made this possible very friendly and the permits came within the week. Beautiful grounds depending on the time of day and season.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 10/10/08, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Absolutely beautiful - especially in May and June. We really didn't need to get much from our florist because it is naturally so pretty here!

Profile Picture Katie, 8/15/85, 5 Reviews