Saybrook Point Inn and Spa Reviews

3.0
      1.0
      2.0
      1.0

Venue was beautiful, employees there insulted and degraded my florist I was mortified. Unfortunately wedding planner was switched in the middle of planning wedding and guests at the hotel had better rooms than the bridal suite. 8 girls plus make up 2 artists 4 hairdressers and a lunch were crammed in a room to get ready. The groomsman were not offered a place to get ready other than a bathroom. For the money they charge I was disappointed. Was told someone would call me after wat a surprise NO CALL.

Sent on 07/24/2017

Saybrook Point Inn and Spa's reply:

Good Morning Emma,
    I was very surprised to read this review and certainly concerned about your comments and I am happy to take the time to discuss with you in person or over the phone. While we did have a change in staff, this should not have impacted your special day. We have a phenomenal team here that I personally manage and communicate with daily during the planning process.

With regards to the bridal room, as part of the wedding package we offer a complimentary spacious Luxury Waterview Room. This is outlined in the agreement and shown to the bride and groom during the initial tour. While we do have a handful of rooms on property that are larger than a Luxury Waterview Room, this is something that should have been discussed during your planning meetings as there is a charge for the larger rooms. It is possible that a guest may have gone online and booked one of these larger rooms and paid the rate accordingly.

As for your concerns regarding the grooms and groomsmen, we have an amazing room, the Saybrook Room that most of our gentleman will take advantage of to spend time in while they are getting ready. This would be something that would have been shown during your wedding tour. They also have the option of using the locker rooms in the spa as an alternative place to get ready. We certainly apologize if somehow this was not clear during the process.

Lastly, I was surpised to hear that there was an issue with the florist. Certainly, if management was made aware of any issue or misconduct by our employees, it would have been directly addressed. We work very hard to handle the many details that go into such a special day and these concerns are not typical of the feedback we receive. Again, I would welcome the chance to speak with you and hope that the happy memories outweigh any of the concerns that you have raised.

Regards,