Saybrook Point Inn and Spa Reviews

Saybrook Point Inn and Spa 4
Saybrook Point Inn and Spa 5
Saybrook Point Inn and Spa 6

Margaret · Married on 04/25/2010

My husband and I cannot say enough good things about the Saybrook Point Inn! They were amazing from start to finish, and the level of service was first class- from our wedding coordinator Ellen to the bellman and the servers at the reception- every staff member we interacted with helped to make our special day go off without a single hitch. All of our guests kept commenting about how impressed they were with the venue and the service. We highly recommend this place!

Sent on 05/02/2010

Erika · Married on 04/17/2010

I have nothing but good things to share about the Sayrbook Point Inn and Spa. Liz Sullivan is amazing to work with. From picking out my dress to asking for advice on wedding bands, Liz was there to answer my questions and help me make important decisions. When the big day arrived, the hotel promptly gave us a bigger and better room when asked. Nearly everything was perfect except for the weather. Preparing to have the ceremony outdoors until the last minute when it threatened to pour down on us and freeze our guests. We decided it would be best to have the ceremony inside. I didn't even recognize the room after they changed it over for the reception. The food was fantastic, the music thumped and had everyone up on their feet. It was deemed the best wedding ever. I can not thank Saybrook and Liz enough, thanks for a wonderful, fantastic, absolutely perfect wedding day!

Sent on 05/27/2010

Rebekah · Married on 09/19/2009

They were unbelievably excellent. We couldn't have been happier with our reception. Liz Sullivan was awesome during the planning process. The staff on the wedding day went above and beyond. They handled every little detail and made everything go so smoothly. All our guests raved about the reception. Then at the end of the night we had a beautiful room that they set up with rose petals, champagne and crackers and cheese. We also did a brunch the next day which was very nice.

Sent on 11/30/2009

Heather · Married on 08/22/2009

Everything was perfect and unbelievable!! Liz Sullivan was amazing! Kathy, our waitress for the night was awesome. She made sure we both always had a drink, food and more!! Paul, the banquet manager was outstanding! There are not enough words to describe the unbelievable time and service that was provided for us!! I felt like a princess all day and everything came out perfect!!

Sent on 08/23/2009

Joeli · Married on 04/28/2017

Krystal was perfect throughout the process. On wedding day, Krystal, Donna , and Mike were amazing. Only positive things to say about the entire wedding.

Sent on 05/19/2017

Kelly · Married on 08/08/2003

Saybrook Point Inn was an absolutely stunning location for my outdoor wedding. Although a bit hot in early-August, I would never change the backdrop of boats in a marina for my ceremony location. The indoor reception went off without a hitch and my guests were thrilled with the quality of food and service. Kim, our coordinator, took care of every detail and left me feeling calm, relaxed, and ready for a good time. I highly recommend Saybrook Point Inn for special events.

Sent on 09/28/2008

Amber · Married on 08/25/2018

SPI has an amazing team of consultants and staff to help ensure your day is everything you imagined. They think of everything before you even ask it. They were quick to respond to me during the year prior to my wedding as questions came up and the day of I could not have asked for more top notch service than what was provided to us and our guests. Everyone was floored by the beautiful venue and how amazing the staff was.

Sent on 09/17/2018

Kara · Married on 09/29/2017

Wow. When we were searching for wedding venues, we prioritized good service to be one of our most important criteria. We wanted our guests to be well taken care of and didn't want to leave that up to chance. When we say that Saybrook Point Inn delivered, that is an understatement. There are simply too many exceptional people and examples of going above and beyond to name in a review - they have achieved the rarity of developing a staff-wide culture of doing everything and anything to have everyone have the best, safest, and most pleasant experience possible. ALL of our guests were commenting on it, from small details like remembering individual guests' names to acts of kindness like rushing a late bridesmaid to the ceremony site on a golf cart and bringing dinners up to hotel rooms for adult babysitters, to seamless management of a full day of wedding ceremony coordination, photos, and reception traditions. At the end of the evening, I found all the gifts, centerpieces, and flowers cleanly organised and boxed up in our room, and the cake in our fridge. Simple amazing.

The venue of course was beautiful and very comfortable, and we really enjoyed upgrading to a "bridal" suite and the boys' Saybrook Room. The adjacent bar and restaurant were perfect for post-reception drinks and a beautiful relaxed breakfast in the morning.

High praise also for the food. The best example of critical feedback probably comes from one of our guests who ran a higher-end restaurant for 15 years, stating that it was the best Filet Mignon he had ever had at a wedding reception.

Sent on 10/08/2017

Ali · Married on 06/24/2017

Krystal, Shelby, Donna, and everyone else on the SPI team helped make my wedding day run smoothly. Everyone was extremely attentive. Plus the venue is absolutely beautiful. Communicating with SPI leading up to my wedding day was easy and they always responded to all of my questions very quickly. Overall I would absolutely recommend this venue for a wedding. It is amazing.

Sent on 07/04/2017

Saybrook Point Inn did such a wonderful job for our wedding. They are so on top of everything, that by the time the day of the wedding came and I was lost they were able to direct me at every turn so I didn't need to stress about the order of things, etc. The food was incredible, and the location was beautiful. Sara, the woman I dealt with leading up to the wedding would sometimes answer multiple emails a day with random questions from me. I was so happy we chose this venue :)

Sent on 05/15/2015

We had our wedding at Saybrook Point Inn and it was perfect! It went off without a hitch. Sara our wedding coordinator was extremely helpful and supportive throughout our wedding planning. She made it easy for us to have a fantastic day. The reception hall is beautiful, the guest rooms are beautiful and the food is amazing. We knew we wanted to get married at Saybrook Point Inn the first time we stepped foot in there. I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. We cant wait to go back for a weekend stay.

Sent on 07/24/2013

Susan · Married on 11/15/2008

Liz Sullivan is a gem! The service for the wedding ceremony, reception and following morning brunch was perfect. The food was great and the venue was beautiful. The only negative for the entire wedding weekend was the Inn's front desk manager. She was extremely unresponsive to an error they made with our group's hotel reservations. Luckily my guest was flexible because this woman was not. Thank goodness the catering staff and the rest of the Inn's staff was so wonderful, they truly made up for front desk manager's lack of service.

Sent on 12/09/2008

Diane · Married on 07/01/2017

Beautiful venue! The staff were great both before and after our wedding. During the reception, they made sure my husband & I were well taken care of and always had a drink and food in hand. As an out-of-state couple, they were very flexible in working with our schedule. It is a bit pricey, especially if you want a Saturday night, but the food was delicious and you can't beat the location. If you are able, we recommend reserving one of the guesthouses at Saybrook - they are both amazing and fun houses with great added touches!

Also, their preferred vendors are amazing!!! We primarily used vendors from their preferred list and it made the process so easy as the vendors all knew Saybrook's staff and the venue inside and out.

Sent on 12/15/2017

Heather · Married on 06/10/2016

Definitely try to have your service at the Compass Rose. All of our photos came out beautifully and the wall of men that hid me while I walked out created a surprise reveal moment.

Sent on 07/13/2016

Michelle · Married on 06/16/2007

The Saybrook Point Inn was a wonderful place to host my wedding. We loved the scenic value it provided to us for our outdoor ceremony, and the day itself was absolutely wonderful. They are professionals and highly responsive to our needs. We stayed there for 2 nights and couldn't have been happier with our accomodations.

Sent on 08/26/2008

We booked the Saybrook Point Inn and Spa for our reception. Meg and Ellen are fabulous to work with and will help you make your wedding vision a reality every step of the way. SPI is all about customer service - they make everyone, from the bride and groom to their family and friends feel welcome and special. The facility and grounds are beautiful and the staff really goes above and beyond to make sure your day is special. While planning the wedding, I never felt that I was being ripped off. Meg and Ellen were very honest about pricing and whether or not certain added on expenses were necessary. For example, the package includes a 4 hour open bar, but the reception is 5 hours. I was ready to pay for the additional hour, but Ellen told us it wouldn't be necessary because wine would be served during the sit-down dinner. I appreciated her insight and honesty.

Sent on 09/10/2015

Laura · Married on 06/05/2010

Saybrook Point Inn is a beautiful location. The staff were super helpful the whole weekend. I can't complain about a thing! It was a great weekend and they went above and beyond to make sure me and my husband were happy and having fun. I can't say enough about how great Liz was to work with from start to finish. Donna the day of was great making sure everything flowed well and that the reception remained on time. Also our two servers were great, we were out on the docks taking pics and they brought us a tray of passed hors d'oeuvres and champagne. It was truly exceptional service all around.

Sent on 06/22/2010

Alisse · Married on 06/16/2006

2.5

The venue was great, the food was great. The best part was the service. The staff at the Inn is amazing- especially Joe (our waiter). I rated the flexibility a little low only because the reception couldn't go past 11 pm which was a little early for our taste.

Sent on 09/11/2007

Jodi · Married on 10/01/2005

GORGEOUS!

Sent on 07/29/2008

Michael · Married on 04/22/2017

3.5

Saybrook Point Inn is a fantastic venue for a wedding. No matter what the weather is, the backdrop is spectacular and you are well taken care of by all of their staff.

Sent on 05/18/2017

Jen · Married on 08/05/2005

4.2

A beautiful beach-side setting. We loved having the entire venue to ourselves and our guests. The ballroom has a stunning view and we loved using the outdoor patio for our cocktail hour as well as a bar during the reception. I would choose them for my wedding all over again!

Sent on 08/23/2010

Marina · Married on 09/26/2003

Despite the fact that part of our menu was changed (without our consent) or that the alcohol we asked for wasn't made available (Amstel Light... not too outrageous), the staff was really hard working, and did everything they could to help make our wedding day a great one.

Plus, it's such a great location!

Sent on 06/12/2008

Kasey · Married on 05/12/2006

3.8
      2.0

This place was great. The staff helped to make the day run smooth, despite the rain. Knowing that we couldn't have the ceremony outside, they moved everything inside. I didn't have to worry about anything. They were one step ahead of my concerns.

Sent on 09/03/2008

Erin · Married on 10/08/2016

3.6
      3.0

Don't get me wrong-I absolutely love the venue and it was the perfect match for my husband and I. I was just a bit disappointed on the details component of my wedding. There was multiple personnel changes which was difficult to deal with throughout the planning process. Also, some of the execution on the day of caused me to get involved, when as a bride that is the last thing you want to deal with. Food and venue are great-things just fell a bit flat with me on the execution level.

Sent on 11/05/2016

Cristina · Married on 09/23/2017

3.4
      3.0

Overall I would not change my wedding weekend for anything. The venue is stunning, food is great, and most of the staff is wonderful. Getting ready was a little stressful as we told the coordinator months before that we planned on doing a first look. I wished she had told us that was our job to plan out the details of that. As the coordinator I figured that was her responsibility to make sure people were in place at correct times, therefore we lost 30 minutes of picture taking. The groomsmen and fathers were a bit confused as what to do because there was little guidance on where to be for lining up etc. And as the bride I can't be on the phone coordinating that. If I had been forewarned early I would have appointed someone in my party. Donna, jenn, and fatih were all amazing and cleared up miscommunications. The reception was beautiful.

I did not particularly like that random hotel guests were signing my guest book, jumping in the photo booth, walking across our dance floor, and stealing our cigars and smoking them on the patio. I felt as though after seeing all that that I needed to watch everything.

Sent on 10/02/2017

Saybrook Point Inn and Spa's reply:

Good Morning Christina,

I apologize for any miscommunication in our roll with the first look. As with most wedding vendors they are the experts in their particular field. Similar with hair and makeup that takes places earlier in the day, we do not have much coordination with those vendors. We leave it to the experts. With the example of the first look, we are not experts in lighting, shadow casting or other things that should be very important to the photographer. We do always ask for a timeline of when and where things are happening and this is for our overall knowledge of your day.

I am so pleased that Donna, Jen and Fatih took great care of you. That are a tremendous asset to the Saybrook Point Inn team. I will also pass your compliments to the Chef and culinary team.

Thank you for choosing the Saybrook Point Inn as the host of your wedding reception.

Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss further.

Regards,