Saybrook Point Inn and Spa Reviews

Saybrook Point Inn and Spa 4
Saybrook Point Inn and Spa 5
Saybrook Point Inn and Spa 6

Jess · Married on 05/24/2014

Having our wedding at Saybrook Point Inn was the best decision we made for our wedding. Yes, it is expensive, but you get way more than you pay for in terms of the quality and service you receive. Our families were blown away at how attentive and professional the entire SPI staff was, and it truly made our day special. During the entire day of the wedding we did not have to think about one thing when it came to the logistics, the entire staff took care of us and made it so we could actually enjoy ourselves and our guests. Sara was amazing from the first time we met her. She was very patient with all of our questions and was very responsive, especially in the coming weeks/days before the wedding. I couldn't have asked for anyone better to help plan our wedding! The day of, Donna really took care of us with all the details and was so friendly! She was even there the following day at our breakfast and took care of everything there. The location is great, the food is wonderful and the staff is amazing - I couldn't have asked for anything more from our venue! I highly, highly recommend them!

Sent on 12/07/2014

Sarah · Married on 02/22/2014

Picture perfect wedding! Everyone was friendly and organized!

Sent on 02/27/2014

Diane · Married on 02/14/2014

This was the most beautiful spot for a wedding! The food was fabulous and my friends are picky. No one had a bad thing to say. The service could not have been better. I was pampered the whole time we were there. My guests were treated wonderfully. The hotel rooms were beautiful with fireplaces and elegant looking bathrooms. Donna and Ellen were the ones working with me. Wonderful women to work with. Whatever I wanted was done with smiles and warmth. I loved them both. One of my guests was late to book a room and didn't get the discount. Ellen was sweet enough to fit it so they could. You can not find better staff, food or location!

Sent on 02/21/2014

Megan · Married on 10/18/2013

I can't say enough good things about the Saybrook Point Inn and Spa. The venue is completely gorgeous, and the location is a complete dream. Sara, the coordinator there, makes the entire experience effortless. I didn't worry about a single thing leading up to our wedding, because I knew everything was in good hands with her. Our wedding day was beautiful, because of Sara, and the rest of the staff. They made my husband and I feel like royalty and family all at the same time. All of our guests are still raving about how beautiful our wedding was, how delicious the food was, and how great the drinks were. It truly was a dream wedding, and we are so very happy that we chose to have our wedding at the Saybrook Point Inn and Spa. I just can't recommend this venue enough. You won't regret having your wedding here!

Sent on 01/14/2014

Rachel · Married on 09/21/2013

From the moment my husband and I walked into the Saybrook Point Inn to tour it as a potential venue for our wedding, we knew it was the one for us. The look and feel of the Saybrook Point Inn has that quintessential New England vibe we were looking for. It's set on a beautiful marina and the entire grounds--from the docks, to the restaurant, to the outside patio, the ballroom, etc are classy and stunning. It has a casual elegance that you'd be hard pressed to find anywhere else in the area. Furthermore, the team at Saybrook Point Inn are the absolute best. My husband and I worked with Sara as our wedding manager and I cannot say enough good things about our experience with her. She worked with us for many months and helped us plan every detail. She was patient with all of the questions and left no stone unturned to ensure we had everything we needed and wanted. The tasting for couples is such a great experience and gives couples an opportunity to not only taste the food and get a feel for the venue, but you also get to meet florists, cake bakers, lighting specialists, etc. When it came time for our actual wedding, we knew we were in such good hands that we didn't worry about a thing and were able to completely enjoy ourselves. We chose Dean from SPI to be with us throughout the day and provide us with 1 on 1 attention for anything we needed and he was amazing! In addition to Dean, there was a team of individuals who helped make sure everything went seamlessly. There wasn't a single moment where I was checking on anything, looking for a drink, etc. The food was incredible. We had a ton of guests approach us saying it was the absolute best food they had ever had a wedding and I couldn't agree more. Overall, the entire experience with SPI was better than my husband and I could have imagined and I would highly recommend this venue to anyone for their wedding or event!

Sent on 12/29/2013

Dana · Married on 09/20/2013

I wouldn't be able to say enough about Saybrook Point Inn. From start to finish, Sara was there for every question I had. Even the ones I thought were silly and ridiculous, she answered them fully and promptly.
    She was flexible in meeting times, and even accomodating an extra meeting when I got nervous about the set up of the room and linens, and all the unnecessary things brides worry about.
    The day of our wedding was with no exaggeration perfect. Donna and Joe made sure myself, my husband or any of our guests didn't have to even ask for anything, because it was already there!! Joe certianly made sure I was able to breathe easy for the first time since my engagment!
    The food was amazing, and many of our guests commented that it was some of the best food they ever had at a wedding!
    The location in itself should make you choose this as your wedding venue, but if it is not enough, perhaps this review will help! Your wedding WILL be everything you imagined if you choose Saybrook Point Inn!

Sent on 10/01/2013

Sara · Married on 09/02/2013

Saybrook Point Inn was incredible! They went above and beyond to make sure we had the best wedding ever! From the delicious food to the amazing wait staff, everything was perfect!

Sent on 09/06/2013

Robert & Megan · Married on 08/02/2013

In our opinion Saybrook Point Inn and Spa is THE place to get married or have youre reception or both on the CT shoreline. We toured a few venues before chosing this one based on its intimate and beautiful setting. Not to be outdone by the beauty of the place the staff continually wow'd us with their responsivness, attention to detail and ability to help us through all the chaos that wedding planning can be. They were truely all about making our wedding day the most special day that anyone has ever had and we submit that they have succeeded!!! We can not thank them enough for everything they did to accomodate us and they definately provided us with services that were worth much more than what we paid for.

Sent on 08/04/2013

The Saybrook Point Inn was an amazing venue. They are professional, responsive and accommodating. The venue is beautiful, the food was amazing and the service was superb! We had an amazing experience at the Saybrook Point Inn. During the wedding, they ensured they day went smoothly. They handled the vendors and took care of our guests. I highly recommend the Saybrook Point Inn. For what you receive, the value is amazing!

Sent on 10/27/2013

The Saybrook Point Inn is a wonderful venue for your celebration: an elegant ballroom that can accommodate 200, sophisticated rooms for cocktail hours and of course stunning views of the marina and water. This is the perfect location for a costal CT wedding! Additionally, they offer support for all vendors you might need, making the actual wedding planning a breeze. Sara, especially, goes out of her way to help you make the day as special as possible. I would absolutely recommend Saybrook Point Inn to all!

Sent on 01/02/2014

maura · Married on 06/14/2013

We LOVED the Sayborok Point inn. Sara was our coordinator and she was amazing. we are thrilled for the quality and professionalism and VALUE we received. The location is amazing and the staff made this a dream day. I am so very impressed by the staff. the hotel (rooms, etc.) is five star all the way. SO happy!

Sent on 08/08/2013

Sandra · Married on 01/04/2013

Beautiful place to have our wedding!!! The staff really caters to the bride and groom! They made our day so special, we could not have asked for more! The food was unbelievable!

Sent on 01/22/2013

Amy · Married on 11/10/2012

We had our wedding reception at SPI a few weeks ago. We could not have asked or dreamed of a better experience. The place itself is quaint-New England, elegant, yet warm and inviting. The food was incredible! Our guests raved about the amazing and beautiful spread of hors d'oeuvres and the meal and desserts of chocolate covered strawberries and cookies. The staff is second to none. They are gracious, attentive, thorough, and are experts in creating a reception that met all our needs and that went beyond our expectations. On the day, we did not have to think of a thing. The banquet managers were nearby the entire evening and saw our needs before we did. During the father-daughter dance, I wept. When I exited the dance floor, Donna, one of our banquet managers, slipped me a tissue. This type of attention to detail, even with the seemingly smallest of things like a tissue, made our entire evening so special. We felt so well taken care of. Sara, our wedding coordinator, from the moment we met her through the next morning, was there for us. She helped us work within our budget and gave us many options of what we could include in our package. She was always responsive to our emails addressing every question thoroughly. All of the other coordinators we worked with in Sara's absence were super attentive and helpful as well. Everyone on staff was gracious and kind. Our room was gorgeous overlooking the docks and lighthouse. We could not have asked for a better experience and we will never forget it.

Sent on 12/07/2012

Nicole · Married on 11/03/2012

A true standout. Sara and her staff were spot on from my first tour to the night of the wedding- punctual, kind, friendly, and gave my family and my guests an experience never to forget. They are true professionals and make you feel like your wedding is the only thing on their minds (although they had a morning wedding and several events the following day!)

Sent on 11/19/2012

Katie · Married on 05/25/2012

I can't say enough about my wedding day at the Saybrook Point Inn. People are still raving about how it was the best wedding that they have EVER been too. It wasn't cheap, but worth every penny.

Sara Scheiffle and Liz Sullivan, are not just "wedding coordinators" who happen to be employed by the SPI. From the day that I met them, it was obvious that they are true wedding planners, and are obviously passionate about what they do. It was so easy to plan the wedding with them. They made me feel so special...like I was the only one getting married there this year. They were super responsive to my emails and requests. They were really flexible too. I went way under the minimum number of guests required by our contract, and they were very helpful advising me on ways to upgrade the food and beverages, so that I would meet the minimum and get my moneys worth. I wanted to have a family breakfast the next morning, and they allowed me to use that toward my minimum, even though it was a separate event. This was really nice of them. They didn't have to say yes.
    The guest rooms were amazing! The front desk staff was very helpful.
    The food was UNBELIEVABLE!!! I highly recommend the sea bass.
    Perhaps, what I was most impressed with was how well everything came together the day of the wedding. I didn't have to worry about anything. The men who ran the show at the reception were amazing. I am embarrassed that I forgot their names. One of them even helped to bustle my dress! They made sure that things were taken care of so my husband and I could enjoy ourselves and mingle with our guests. When the first course came out, the guy said that after we are done with that course, then to get up and visit with a few tables, particularly people who we don't see all of the time, then when the next course was ready, he would coral us back to our sweetheart table to eat. Yes we actually ate at our wedding...thanks to the English dude who coordinated everything. I had one concern during the wedding about something unimportant but when i mentioned it they were ON IT like I've never seen. The service and food exceeded my expectations, and I already knew it would be very nice. I didn't think that this was possible.
    When we went up to our room after hanging at the Fresh Salt bar until 2AM with all of our guests. All of our gifts were placed neatly around the fireplace with champagne, and leftover chocolate covered strawberries from our reception, as well as a cheese and cracker plate, also cocktail hour leftovers. I'm glad they were able to use some of the leftovers. Our cake top was in a box in the fridge too
    I didn't think that this was possible.
    I highly recommend the Saybrook Point Inn as a wedding venue. I think it is a hidden gem, and WAY better than the other seaside resort/wedding venue down the street in Westbrook. It is NOT a wedding factory, and they will make you feel like a princess

Sent on 06/25/2012

We fell in love with Saybrook Point Inn from the minute we arrived for our initial tour and knew this was where we had to have our wedding reception! The staff is extremely attentive and will go above and beyond to make everything perfect... and in fact, our wedding was just that... PERFECT! The setting is picturesque, the food is superb, and the staff is amazing. Family members have already returned to Saybrook Point Inn due to the phenomenal time they had at our wedding! We look forward to visiting Saybrook Point Inn for years to come and will always cherish the memories of our time there.

Sent on 07/17/2012

Jason · Married on 12/03/2011

All we can say about Saybrook Point Inn and Spa is WOW!. The level of service,
    the food and the atmosphere not only surpassed our expectations but also
    completely impressed all of our guests.
    The staff provided the highest level of service and professionalism leading up to the day as well as allowing our wedding day to run smoothly (despite a little red wine on the wedding dress). We are so happy we
    chose Saybrook Point Inn and had the opportunity to work with staff. Of all the decisions that we made leading up to our wedding day, this is the one that we would never change
    Thank you Sara, Joe and Donna.

Sent on 03/27/2012

Robin · Married on 07/30/2011

Perfect, Perfect, Perfect from beginning to end!!!! We had a three-day event at the Saybrook Point Inn for our wedding on 7/30/2011. It was so wonderful that we really cannot go into every detail, but we were extremely pleased with our wedding and Liz was great! The food was amazing and the service wonderful. The venue itself was classy yet laid back and that was what we were looking for because we have a lot of kids and young adults in our family and they all had the best time and are still talking about it. We would recommend this venue to anyone. Robin & Marcus McPhee

Sent on 10/11/2011

Mary · Married on 07/03/2011

Our wedding at the Saybrook Point Inn was everything we imagined and more. Liz, Donna and Joe were absolutely amazing and made sure the night went smoothy. Soooo happy with our decision, wish we could do it all over again!

Sent on 07/20/2011

Sarah · Married on 06/17/2011

We had our wedding reception at Saybrook Point Inn. From the moment we met with Liz Sullivan, we knew that this was the place for us. Liz was amazing from the very first meeting until the day of the wedding. She is accomodating and is very quick to answer any questions. She is extremely organized, and made us feel so at ease and comfortable with the entire process. On the day of the wedding, I truly felt as if I had absolutely nothing to worry about because I knew all of our needs would be taken care of. The service was superb, the food was great, and the facility is beautiful. All of our guests have commented on how great Saybrook Point Inn was and they all noticed how smoothly everything went. I would recommend it to anyone...we had a great wedding and we were able to enjoy every minute of it because of how wonderful the staff is!

Sent on 07/01/2011

Katelyn · Married on 05/06/2011

Reception-
    From the first time I met with the wedding coordinator Liz Sullivan I knew I was in good hands. She was amazing to work with throughout the whole planning process. She truly made me feel like I was the only bride she was working with. She was always quick to respond to my questions and concerns and always had solutions if any problems arose. Along with making the planning process fun and enjoyable; she assisted in making the wedding day go off without a hitch. She made a visit to my room the day of the wedding to let me know the last minute details were taken care of and not to worry. I truly was stress free the day of my wedding thanks to Liz. Donna and all of the other staff the night of the wedding were beyond accommodating. My husband and I could not even ask for anything, it was there waiting for us. All of the guests raved about the food and service as well. I would definitely recommend Saybrook Point Inn to any bride. Not only is the venue breathtaking, the staff is amazing to work with!

Sent on 06/07/2011

Kimberly · Married on 08/06/2010

Our August 6th, 2010 Wedding was amazing! It is the quintessential, charming, classic "connecticut coastline" wedding you've been looking for!

The staff is out of this world, food is delicious, views are spectacular, the venue is warm, comfortable, inviting, and RELAXING...perfect for the stress of the whole situation. If you're still feeling stressed, the spa there is wonderful!!

Some pluses to consider about this venue:
    - Liz Sullivan!!!! You basically have a wedding planner and wedding day coordinator who comes with the place, that is her job, and she is AMAZING at it!! She is one of the main reasons we chose the place, her kindness, help, and understanding makes wedding planning at Old Saybrook a piece of cake! It was the most thorough venue tour we went on after seeing 6 or 7 other places and we were hooked the minute she walked us through the place and really cared about what type of event we wanted.

- It's not a wedding factory! You are treated like royalty the entire time and have someone looking out for you, your groom, and bridal party the entire day!
    Many places will say that you can't hear the other music through the walls...but that's usually not the case. At Old Saybrook, YOU are the center of the attention.

- Staff, staff, staff! they helpful from the moment your car pulls up to the minute you leave. Many of my guests stayed, but even the ones who didn't commented on and complimented the staff and how kind and amazing they were. Every time we turned around, someone was there to give us food or a drink!

-The food is Excellent- the appetizers were bountiful, the stations that come with the package were huge, elegant, and delicious. A cake option comes with the venue and you get to select from two wonderful bakers!

I can't say enough about Old Saybrook, they do an amazing job and Liz Sullivan, as well as her right hand man Paul will truly see to it that your day is amazing!!!

We loved every minute of it and I only wish it was longer!!

-Kim and Chris

Sent on 08/26/2010

Rachel · Married on 07/24/2010

Saybrook Point Inn and Spa made our wedding day perfect! Liz and Ellen were so helpful throughout the process, they were so prompt in answering our questions and even gave us some good ideas along the way. The day of everything went so smoothly and Donna and her staff took such care of us! Our every need was attended to to make sure we were happy, we felt so spoiled! I did not have to worry about a thing that night and was able to enjoy myself. They even packed up our gifts, my flowers and other items and had them in our room waiting. Thank you!

Sent on 11/12/2010

Becky · Married on 07/10/2010

Liz and everyone at Old Saybrook helped to keep me stress free and relaxed on the big day. They made sure that I was happy and everything that they did to help me and everyone at the wedding was perfect. I will be using them again in the future for other events.

Sent on 08/06/2010

Sarah · Married on 05/29/2010

Our wedding reception at Saybrook Point Inn was outstanding. Everyone (Liz, Ellen, Donna, Katie who waited on us) was so professional. They were there when we needed them but almost invisible when you didn't. Everything ran so smoothly. The food and service was excellent, the room looked gorgeous. Our bridal suite was amazing! I couldn't have asked for a better wedding!

Sent on 06/15/2010